Every brand has a story. What's yours?

When a story is well told, people listen. We feel to really connect with your audience they need to hear the passion behind your brand and give them an experience unlike any other. At Acadia we offer "Brand Experience" and we help our clients find out a.) what their identity is and b.) what experience do they want somebody to feel when somebody comes in contact with their brand. How do we do this?

We do this through digital marketing: SEO, Ad Words, video production, copy, photography, and content marketing. Every brand has a story, what's yours?

, Poland
  • Poland

Apple, HP Enterprise, Garth Brooks, Sony, Walmart, RLC Engineering, United Way, Baxter Brewing, NYU, Boeing

Commercial Headshot Image

Commercial Headshot

Karen Gallagher Interiors Image

Karen Gallagher Interiors

Photoshoot with Karen Gallagher Interiors.

SleepJoy  Image

SleepJoy

Photoshoot with SleepJoy NYC.

We loved helping out our friends at WR Guitars with this brand film. We decided to take the direction of the film in a doc style approach. We believe this really captures the passion behind Bill Russo's muse of making guitars.

A brand film for a branding company sounds funny but when we joined the Anchour team we were excited to creatively come up with a story that wasn't just a sales pitch but more of an abstract inspirational brand film about the genius behind creating.

Bucktail Guide Service

Bucktail Guide Service came to Acadia with the idea of coming up with a brand film to promote it's services. We thought this project was so fun we had to accept and we are glad we did. We filmed this in the heart of the Western Mountians on the Maine/ New Hampshire border.

Video Production for Engineering Firm

"They’re very creative, professional, and they put a fresh touch on RLC Engineering."

July 2016 - Apr. 2017

Acadia contributed to marketing and recruiting materials through video production and employee interviews. They also refreshed and redesigned an existing website.

Hallowell, Maine
Jennifer Lord
Business Development Coordinator, RLC Engineering

Acadia was professional and communicative. Their work has been beneficial to recruiting new talent, and they never interrupted or distracted other office employees. Their approach to both the production and the web redesign framed the company in a warmer, more approachable and personable light.

RLC Engineering is a consulting firm working with major utilities in the Northeast. We do system studies for them as well as engineering and design work for substations. I’m the business development coordinator.

What challenge were you trying to address with Acadia?

We needed a new website. Our website is more of a promotional site, but we also hope to develop new leads with it. It acts as a piece of information for our existing clients. There are not many engineering companies that do what we do. We won’t be having tons of people looking at our site, but it’s a good source on the web for our people to reference.

They redesigned our website and provided us with some video and photography work. We have some great videos that Jonathan did. One of the videos is about our company where he interviewed employees. For people that are searching for the work we do, they can watch this video and see the services that we provide and also see people that work here.

Secondly, Jonathan did a great job in developing the questions that he asked our employees. The employees responded to questions like why people should work at RLC and the benefits and challenges of working here. This is beneficial when we are going out to different universities to attract new recruits.

Acadia has produced four to six videos for us. The videos are in interview format or include music and pictures with a voiceover. Some videos also included footage outside of our building. When we did the video for attracting new recruits, we were given the questions ahead of time so that we could prepare our answers.

How did you come to work with Acadia?

We found them when we were looking for someone to do our website. Our owner knows Jonathan. I don’t know if he looked at other companies.

I’m not able to share that information.

We started working with them in July 2016, and the most recent video was completed in April 2017. Our website is also about ready to go live.

Our website hasn’t gone live yet, so we won’t know any impact on our business until after it’s launched. Everyone who has seen the site is very pleased. It’s been done very professionally. It’s definitely unique in terms of what the owner was thinking; it’s more personable. Engineering is more of a cold field, and Acadia made our company feel a lot warmer and more approachable. They did an excellent job. It’s very clean and well-done.

How did Acadia perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. They were very professional when they were here. We knew when they were coming and everyone was scheduled appropriately. Any video that they did inside didn’t affect anybody that was here. They did a great job working around everybody’s schedule at the office.

All our deadlines were met and communication was of the highest quality.

I don’t think so. From not having experience working with anyone else, I thought they did an excellent job. They were very professional and met their schedule. Their work is fresh and clean. They did a great job, and everyone here so far has been very pleased.

Overall Score They’re very professional. They’re a great company. They were in the office on numerous occasions and there was no disruption to anyone’s schedule. When they were here, they were very business-oriented and kept to themselves. The end product is fantastic.
    Everything went great.
    I don’t know what we spent, but I know the owner is extremely happy with the product, along with the rest of us.
    They met all their deadlines and were very professional. The quality was top-notch.

Video Production for Skincare Company

"Acadia invested a lot of time upfront to get to know me."

July 2016 - Nov. 2016

A video was developed to help establish a brand message. The client needed a way to show the market how they differentiate themselves from other players in the industry and felt a video made the most sense. In the end, they were able to get a second video out of the first for their About page.

Bangor, Maine
Heather Lux
Founder, True North

Although the video hasn't been officially launched yet, it has begun being shared via social media. Those that have seen it on social media have enjoyed. The client is happy with the reaction that seems to have happened as a result of this video. They particularly appreciated the agency's ability to keep the client on task, stay in constant communication but all without overwhelming them.

I’m the founder of True North, which is a national skincare company. We focus on creating skincare that offers natural ingredients with the feel of luxury.

What challenge were you trying to address with Acadia?

I needed help establishing my brand message. I knew what I wanted conceptually, but needed help finding the words and being able to translate those thoughts into the connection I wanted with my customers.

I went to Acadia wanting a video that would help differentiate me from other small businesses in the market. I knew a video would be a way to do that. I originally thought it would be a traditional video showing my company and what we stand for. Acadia's team came back to me after our first meeting with two ideas. They showed me one, which was the traditional approach showing a woman going through her day using my products. It was nice, and if they had stopped there, I would have been happy. Then they presented another idea, which was very different and very conceptual. That’s where my ‘What is beauty?’ video was born. It came directly from their idea of interviewing women at various points in their lives and having a candid discussion about what beauty means. It challenged the notion that women have about the traditional definition of beauty and acknowledged how that definition has evolved.

Acadia's team outlined the idea, and I instantly fell in love with it. They recognized the risks with it because it’s not a traditional approach. That’s what I loved about it because I don’t want to be traditional. They recognized that in me as a customer. They realized they could take that chance with me, and I appreciated that.

When it came to filming, I pulled the women together. They’re customers of mine, and I think they were apprehensive about that. Acadia trusted me as their customer, and we partnered together beautifully on that. I provided profiles and pictures of the women, and he provided a series of questions they would be asked. The day of the shoot, he set everything up. He created an environment where the women were comfortable responding to the questions in a natural, confident, and organic way.

He also created an ‘About’ video, so I was able to get two videos from one shoot. I appreciate that he found a way to maximize my dollar.

How did you come to work with Acadia?

I’d worked with graphic designers before, and I realized I needed someone who specialized in brand marketing versus the visual part of the brand. I did a national search, and I talked to many companies. I wanted a company based in Maine, but that wasn’t the number-one criteria. I was delighted when I came across Acadia’s website and saw their video. I didn’t know anything about their company, but I knew that I needed to be a part of what they had to offer. It was so powerful. If they could pull that type of connection from me through their video, I knew they could do the same thing for my brand and my customers.

How much have you invested with Acadia?

The video itself was around $7,000, not including everything associated with the talent and their expenses. My understanding is that it was a little higher than normal, but I asked for some things that required additional funding. I wanted a specific setting, so we had to rent a building. We had to use a camera that accommodated the movement when the women were walking.

We started working on the concept in July of 2016, and the video was shot in November. I’m still working with Acadia on other brand work, such as SEO [search engine optimization]. I’ll be ready to do another video by the fall of this year.

I haven’t officially launched the video yet. We’re in the process of putting it on my site’s landing page. I have started sharing it on social media with friends, and those friends have started sharing it with others. I’m starting to get people to interact with me on social media because of the video.

My brand is very much about connecting with women and building a community. I’m finding that the connection coming from this is exactly in line with what I wanted. Women are talking and sharing about their struggles with beauty, so I’m getting the emotional piece that I was hoping to get from the video.

How did Acadia perform from a project management standpoint?

Acadia was excellent. I work a full-time job in addition to my business, so I have limited time available. They were great at keeping me on task, but not being overbearing. We had regular check-ins, and they were frequent enough to keep everything on time but weren’t burdensome for my schedule. I think they were fantastic in that area. They met all the deadlines. I’ve worked with others in this space, and Acadia is the best by far at keeping timelines.

What did you find most impressive about Acadia?

Acadia invested a lot of time upfront to get to know me. My brand is pretty personal. I’m selling an experience, a feeling, and connection. Acadia took the time to understand me and my story and how it relates to my brand. I think that has helped, specifically with the video. If they didn’t understand what I was trying to accomplish with this brand, he would never have come up with the great concept for the video.

Are there any areas Acadia could improve?

No. I think Acadia managed me well, which is one thing I pointed out in the beginning. I have ideas, but sometimes they don’t translate. They did a nice job of pointing out when something wouldn’t work. I wouldn’t continue doing business with Acadia if I wasn’t very happy.

The second video was a last-minute add, and Acadia got it done faster than I expected.
    I’ve not yet realized any results from it.
    The quality exceeded my expectations. Acadia gave me more than I expected.
    I’ve already referred three businesses that are working with Acadia now.

Video Production for Marketing & Advertising Firm

"Acadia is very good at updating us on the progress of the project."

Aug. 2013 - Ongoing

Acadia was hired to develop a video.

Portland, Maine
Josh Pritchard
COO, Anchour

The client frequently has clients that say that they made their decision to work with them because of the video. Those same people have said that the video gave them goose bumps, which is what the client wanted. They were happy about how the agency set expectations and how they met deadlines.

Anchor is a branding firm that offers strategy, design, web services, and digital marketing.

As COO, I oversee the internal aspect of the company and I’m also responsible for business development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Acadia?

We were trying to make our creative services tangible.

Acadia produced a 90-second video by first producing the storyboard and the script. We used our team as the actors in the film. Acadia understood who we are and what we do very well, and the vision of what we were looking for. They added to our vision and put it in storyboard form. The final product was exactly what we were looking for.

How did you come to work with Acadia?

We had heard about Acadia and had seen some of their work. We liked how creative they were in their approach.

How much have you invested with Acadia?

The typical project costs between $10,000 and $30,000.

We began working with them in August 2013 and we’ll be continuing to work with them in the future.

I’m meeting with 7 to 10 potential clients a week as the business developer. In 9 out of 10 meetings the client talks about the impact that video had on their decision to work with us. People who watch the video say they got goose bumps. It has translated the exact emotions that we wanted to our target market. It’s opened the door for a lot of business.

How did Acadia perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve got a great relationship and they’re very clear about setting expectations. Acadia is very good at updating us on the progress of the project. They have met or exceeded every timeline.

What did you find most impressive about Acadia?

Their ability to connect with the heart issues of what we’re looking to convey in each project is second to none.

Are there any areas Acadia could improve?

I haven’t had any negative experiences working with Acadia.

Overall Score It was great. We’re in a regular relationship with them. If they weren’t performing we would go elsewhere for our needs. They’re awesome.
    Acadia has set timelines with us based on our needs, and met those timelines.
    We’ve made our money back in spades.
    They’ve exceeded our expectations. When Acadia lays out a storyboard and shows us the final product, we are amazed with what they’ve produced.
    We’ve already recommended them.