Inspiring purpose-driven audiences since 2004

You’re a charitable nonprofit, association, or mission-driven organization who wants to inspire audiences to action. We're your video-focused creative agency. We use visual storytelling to connect story, purpose, and audience, and we’re really good at it. In fact, we’ve got 70+ awards to prove it.

We work with you to define who your audience is, where they’re going to watch your video, and what action you want them to take when the video’s over. We use that information to focus on creative strategies that inspire your members, donors, and supporters to act.

Founded in 2004 as a boutique video production company, we’ve grown into a multi-talented creative team. With more than 700 projects under our belt, we understand first-hand the needs and challenges of you face. Getting your message out there—and to the right audience—is difficult, especially if you’re strapped for resources. Every media spend has to count. It has to drive action, align with your goals, and move your audience to act. That’s where we come in. We get it, and we can work with you to find a solution.

The core 5:00 Films & Media team includes some of the most creative, talented professionals around. From strategic thinkers and video experts to do-gooders and nonprofit marketing and communication pros, each member of the team brings unique experiences and expertise to the table.

Our company mantra is simple: We do the right thing. We deliver the right solution. We focus on the relationship.

Let’s tell a good story, together.

Strategy | Production | Distribution | Community Generated Content

BIO Convention Recap

Seaperch Community-Generated Video

BIO International Convention 2016 Event Promo

Engaging Videos for Nonprofit Serving Senior Citizens

"They’re able to nail what a nonprofit is trying to accomplish on a limited budget."

Jul. - Dec. 2018

5:00 Films & Media produced multiple videos for a nonprofit organization. They conducted stakeholder interviews and added graphics. They also served as videographers at the national conference.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Gary A. Officer
President and CEO, Senior Service America, Inc.

Social media impressions have improved dramatically since the engagement began. 5:00 Films & Media's ability to produce cutting-edge videos with a human element was a hallmark of their work. Their listening skills during discovery helped them deliver a product that exactly meets the stated needs.

I’m President and CEO of Senior Service America, Inc. We’re a national organization that supports workforce inclusion for older, abled, and motivated low-income Americans.

What challenge were you trying to address with 5:00 Films & Media?

I wanted to develop video content around our key strategic areas. My goal was to use video storytelling as a way of building our brand and engaging our stakeholders and potential vendors.

5:00 Films & Media helped us with three imperatives. One, they created a corporate video that was engaging and captured the passion of our organization. They used client testimonies and interviews to help accomplish that outcome. Two, they created a second video for our ex-offender initiative in Colorado to present to the donor community. It showcases the lack of resources for older and primarily African-American ex-offenders who come out of the system, and then are forced back into the system because they lack the support system to find employment. Third, they also created custom short videos that I use primarily for corporate partnerships.

We identified the clients and gave them the background of our organization. 5:00 Films & Media scripted, filmed, and produced the entire product. They used both live video and graphics added during the editing process. Much of it was interviews with staff and key stakeholders to give personal testimonials of what we're trying to showcase to the world.

We worked with 3–4 members of their team during filming. One person served as an interviewer for the Q&A sections. We also worked with a camera operator and a setup person. I don’t know exactly how many people from their team worked on the editorial side.

How did you come to work with 5:00 Films & Media?

I first used them about ten years ago when I was with another organization. They were basically a startup and I was one of their first clients. We had a successful engagement for seven years, so I know them well. They were the obvious choice because of my existing relationship with Esteban (CEO, 5:00 Films & Media).

We spent probably $50,000–$60,000.

The project had multiple components, taking place from July–December 2018.

Our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram impressions have gone up quite substantially since the early part of this year. There was definitely a correlation between the circulation of these videos and the increased impressions. 5:00 Films & Media is so good at doing cutting-edge work that has a human element. Because of the quality videos they produced, we also hired them as our videographer for our national conference in November 2018.

How did 5:00 Films & Media perform from a project management standpoint?

5:00 Films & Media’s execution was meticulous. The preparation and execution of every major task was clinical. They’re able to nail what a nonprofit is trying to accomplish on a limited budget.

Esteban and his team are very good listeners. They do an excellent job of figuring out what we’re looking for during the discovery conversation. They’re the best I've come across in knowing how to provide a product that meets what the client is looking for based on that conversation. They customized and gave us exactly what we were looking for. I can't say enough about a vendor who can offer a service with those intangibles embedded in the relationship.

No. If they made a mistake or I spotted something that required a change, 5:00 Films & Media would fix it immediately.

I'm such a happy and satisfied customer. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a cutting-edge and affordable vendor who is a good listener and can deliver a valuable product.

Overall Score I'm a repeat customer, and never been dissatisfied with the product.
    I would recommend them to anyone.

Marketing Films for Trade Association

"The quality of the production and the content is reflected in the compliments we received during the conference."

2016 - Ongoing

5:00 Films & Media produces multiple marketing videos for a biotechnology trade association. Most recently they produced a hybrid talk show and news program at an annual conference, featuring VIP interviews.

Director of Communications, Biotech Trade Association

Internal and external feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to more work for their team. 5:00 Films & Media not only expedites completion but enhances the project creatively. The ability to turn project specifications into implementable, on-time deliverables is a hallmark of their work.

I'm director of communications for events at a biotechnology trade association. We represent biotechnology companies, state associations, and academic institutions ranging from agriculture to health to industrial technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with 5:00 Films & Media?

We put on many events during the year, including a large conference each June that draws about 17,000 people. We’ve used 5:00 Films & Media for several years to create marketing films to promote the conference. This year we wanted to create a new type of video content to use at the event.

5:00 Films & Media helped us create a hybrid of a talk show and news program from the convention floor. To start, they worked with us on a creative team. A number of people participated from both sides. We provided the content in terms of who would be interviewed. Their team provided the input as to how to deliver that content in the most creative way. Then they produced and filmed the actual product at the event. They interspersed the live interviews with video from the convention floor. It also included interesting tidbits on what to do around town.

How did you come to work with 5:00 Films & Media?

They’d already been working with the organization for a while before I came on board. I believe they were originally recommended by a VP at our organization.

We spend about $100,000 a year for their services.

My relationship with them started in 2016 and the engagement is ongoing.

Their work is really good. We're getting very high marks for the new program. It’s completely different and better than what we’d done before. My department selected VIPs to be interviewed, and then we sent their office the video to use on their website or social media channels. We don’t typically measure success based on clicks and views. As it's a niche market, the only people clicking on our videos are people that are already interested in that particular subject.

The quality of the production and the content is reflected in the compliments we received during the conference. The new video created a lot of buzz. 5:00 Films & Media hit it out of the park.

How did 5:00 Films & Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is so professional. They will not deliver anything until they’re satisfied that it’s perfect, and they’ll stay all night to get it right. That work ethic is really appreciated on our end. 5:00 Films & Media is so creative. They have a good sense of style and they know the film business very well.

They're affordable, easy to work with, and focused. Collaboration is key to their success. I've worked with them at four conferences and I plan to hire them again.

I don't have anything on my end. I'm very happy with what they do.

Be clear in your scope of work. They can help you create a scope as well. Some people don't know what they want because they don't know all the things that a filmmaker can do.

Overall Score My colleagues agree that they're very easy to work with.
    They deliver when they said they would.
    They do everything to keep costs low, and are clear on pricing.
    Their collaboration and final product are excellent.