Your solution to web and mobile development

42 Coffee Cups is a growing team of highly experienced Python/Django developers with over 15 years experience in web development and more than 9 years using Django, doing various projects over the US, Canada, Australia, UK & Europe. The main expertise is in heavy backend development using Python. Provides a high quality web and mobile development service using Python and Django, native iOS and Android development.

2007
    Pae 21
    Tallinn 11415
    Estonia

French Translation Platform Development

"They never said anything was too difficult or impossible. They just got the work done."

42 Coffee Cups provided offshore development of a computer-assisted language translation service in a year-long project.

France
CEO, French Translation Platform

The team has good project management and once communication expectations were set, was very responsive. 42 Coffee Cups are transparent, great problem solvers and do not shy away from challenges.

We offer a computer-assisted translation service that helps translators do their jobs better. We offer tools that will automate translation work with a high degree of effectiveness. We target the European and North American markets. We are a small startup. I am the founder and CEO. We are based in Paris, France.

When I started the concept a couple of years ago, I hired a French development firm. They are a large and reputable firm, but failed miserably. The development of our platform is extremely complicated, the specs document we set to firms was more than 80 pages. I was not satisfied with the work ethic and attitude of the French team, so I looked for an offshore firm. French companies weren't willing to help a startup and take a chance.

We needed a scalable team that could offer between three and 15 top-notch developers based on need. We did a lot of research and spent a couple of months narrowing down our shortlist. About 15 firms responded to our RFP [request for proposal], but only two stuck around after we sent the intimidating requirements document.

We ended up with 42 Coffee Cups because they were the only company that was willing to accept the immense challenge. They never said anything was too difficult or impossible. They just got the work done.

We started the engagement by giving 42 Coffee Cups two small projects as tests. The first was easy and the second very difficult. They passed both tests with flying colors. I was really impressed, so we started the main engagement.

At first, they didn't want to meet regularly with me and give me code piece by piece. I forced them to meet with me regularly on Skype so I could communicate with the project manager and coding team. They use the agile methodology and were extremely flexible with our changing requirements. The project just kept growing.

The project took more than one year with a full-time team of four to 15 developers. We also had a former coder who became the main project manager [and] who was with us the whole way.

I have a strong relationship with the owners of 42 Coffee Cups and my project manager. They are problem solvers and just get things done. They don't make excuses even though I was really tough on them.

These guys are development experts, I cannot stress enough how difficult this project was. We had top firms from all around Europe who wouldn't touch this engagement. They were willing to keep close communications with me, which is rare for offshore teams. They weren't as secretive and more transparent than most Russian firms I've dealt with before.