Production House & Customer Acquisition Lab

Based in Austin, Texas, 3rd & Lamar partners with leading media and tech companies, direct-to-consumer brands, and startups to tell their stories and fuel their growth. We like working with creative, ambitious and bold entrepreneurs and businesses who refuse to do things the old-fashioned way.

Our production house works with directors, producers, and cinematographers, as well as visual effects, motion graphics, and post-production editors to provide an end-to-end suite from development to delivery. This includes video and podcast production, documentary filmmaking, music videos, sizzle reels, event coverage, and more.

Our agency specializes in performance, affiliate, and content marketing, utilizing creative assets and research to help brands reach new audiences and convert high-intent users across each stage of the purchase funnel.

2019

Case Study: The Making Of recruitAbility’s "Nothing's Sacred" Podcast

Case Study: Scaling Facebook And Instagram Ads Image

Case Study: Scaling Facebook And Instagram Ads

Project: Onnit

In 2019, 3rd & Lamar Media was a production partner in shooting this marketing campaign for Onnit, an Austin, Texas-based nutritional supplement and fitness equipment brand.

3rd & Lamar 2019 Showreel

Check out our showreel.

Affiliate Marketing Services for Online Media Company

“Their team is excellent at establishing a goal and doing whatever they need to accomplish it.”

Jul. 2019 - Ongoing

3rd & Lamar developed and operates a third-party affiliate program for a digital media company, helping them to secure, negotiate, and execute paid links to products and services within their content.

Kristin Owen
COO, DoStuff

The work performed by 3rd & Lamar has satisfied all project stakeholders, helping them to get a program and revenue source off the ground that would otherwise have been unsustainable for the client on their own. Their team is very independent and intuitive, navigating complex requirements with ease.

We are a digital media company and I am the COO.

What challenge were you trying to address with 3rd & Lamar?

Our team was looking to develop and execute upon an affiliate program.

Since we’re a media company, we have a lot of content and assets that we’re able to monetize and wanted to develop a program to monetize everything that wasn’t already being sold. 3rd & Lamar was in charge of everything from identifying partners that offered cost per acquisition deals and communicating with them to negotiate the rate to setting up the programs on our site and developing best practices for us to maximize affiliate links within our content.

We just work directly with one member of their team, which makes the relationship really easy to manage.

How did you come to work with 3rd & Lamar?

They were referred to our CEO and I was impressed with their expertise when I met with them, so we decided to bring them on.

In total, the project has cost about $20,000 so far through a commission-based system.

We started working with them around July 2019 and are continuing to partner together.

Qualitatively, they have been a huge help to us because we essentially had no functioning version of the program when we started working with them. The 3rd & Lamar team helped us to get something off the ground that we didn’t have the dedicated resources to be able to do, and that is something that will last and continue to provide us with revenue into the future.

How did 3rd & Lamar perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication around the project did get off to a little bit of a rough start, but since we’re a pretty small and scrappy company that may be more a testament to their skillset. We didn’t make their lives very easy at first, but they’ve done a great job of figuring out how to operate mostly autonomously get everything they need done without much other stakeholder input, which has been fantastic.

We used to do standing calls to make sure that everyone was on the same page and check in on the progress that we were making, but we’ve transitioned to mostly just using emails to communicate and our Asana for project management, which they integrated into smoothly.

Our company had pretty much ruled out ever working with contractors again before 3rd & Lamar because of how poorly difficult the engagements always were to manage. Nick (CEO) was able to navigate our complex company structure and make himself valuable almost immediately. In my experience, his ability to gather information about how we operate and establish an operation that essentially runs itself at this point is very rare.

Occasionally, our leads will go a little bit stagnant before we start to put more effort into outreach again. A slightly more proactive approach could go a long way in terms of helping us iterate upon things a little faster.

Give them the ability to do their job without a lot of bottlenecks. Their team is excellent at establishing a goal and doing whatever they need to accomplish it, so the best thing you can do is give them the tools to do that and then get out of the way.

We don’t have any problems with communication, but probably could get some projects off the ground a little faster.
    There’s a few things that could be improved but we’re making a lot of progress.

Digital Marketing Support for Recruiting Firm

"Excellent communication and workflow."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

3rd & Lamar provided SEO performance, newsletter management, and weekly blog posts. This included content strategy and lead generation and improvement of the lead generation funnel.

Nad Elias
CEO, recruitAbility

3rd & Lamar provided improved newsletter open rate and traffic. The communication and workflow were excellent. Their team took a custom approach and understood the business needs.

I'm the CEO at recruitAbility and recruitAbility.ai. We are a consulting, technical services, and recruitment firm focused in technology, specifically machine learning and AI (artificial intelligence)

For what projects/services did your company hire 3rd & Lamar?

We were looking for a digital marketing partner to manage our online presence and following on social media outlets. Projects including updated our website to improve SEO performance, launching a podcast, managing our newsletter and week blog posts. They help us develop and true content strategy focused on lead gen.

Our goal is to create a lead gen funnel and generate revenue through our digital marketing efforts

Referral to one of the Owners. We knew each other from a previous relationship

Updated 2 websites to improve SEO performance; launching a monthly podcast, managing our newsletter and week blog posts. They help us develop and true content strategy focused on lead gen. This includes all strategy, design, and execution

Account Manager and production specialists. The size of the team stayed the same

• Last week (Apr 12-18) ranked No. 2 all-time for most users to the site (443) • The e-newsletter last week had the 2nd-highest open rate all-time (36.2%) o The CTR was 1.3% (the 2nd-highest CTR all-time), but ideally it'd be closer to 3%.

Excellent communication and workflow. They're added to our company slack channel and we communicate that way

They take a custom approach to working with their clients; understanding that every company's needs are different

Not so far; happy with the service and results

Video Production for Yoga Studio

"I was impressed with the personal care and attention they give to my project, even though I am a small business."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

3rd & Lamar produced a series of videos for a yoga studio. The team sets up all lighting equipment and films 52 1-hr yoga classes and 52 audio guided meditation sessions.

Inger Myhre-Rodorigo
Owner & Instructor, Bee Free Yoga

The series of videos allowed the company to reach a wider audience, gaining new customers. 3rd & Lamar consistently communicates with the client to ensure a smooth workflow. The team is hard-working, creative, and easy to work with.

Bee Free Yoga offers donation-based Vinyasa Yoga instruction, as well as guided meditation, and written content. We went from in-class instruction to virtual classes with the help of 3rd & Lamar! I am the owner/instructor.

For what projects/services did your company hire 3rd & Lamar?

3rd & Lamar is in the process of filming 52 1-hr yoga classes and 52 audio guided meditation sessions.

I wanted my classes to be available to students everywhere. By broadening my reach, I hope to positively affect the body, hearts and minds of students... enriching the quality of their days. Online classes offer flexibility to practice from home, or while traveling, on the student's own schedule. I also wanted to have an archive of the 52 sets of offerings that I have created over the past few years.

3rd & Lamar actually reached out to me to see if I was interested in live-stream or video-on-demand content, at a time when I had been planning to research this very topic! It was fortuitous and I'm so glad they reached out.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We meet every 4 or 5 days at my home studio, and film the one hour yoga class and record the audio for the 25 min meditation. Tony brings all the lighting and equipment. His set up and break down is efficient, and the whole thing takes about 2 1/2hrs start to finish.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Tony and Nick have been very responsive to my questions and communications. Their turn around time thus far has always been within the 5-7 day window they initially promised.

I am already reaching more students virtually than I was able to attract locally to my in-person classes! It is so nice to have a larger reach but not have to drive around town, and set up and break down classrooms.

We work very well together! During the editing process, if I have things I want adjusted, Tony works with me patiently until we get all the levels just to my liking! After the first couple of videos/audio recordings, he had a good grasp of my general preferences and the process is getting more streamlined with every week.

I was impressed with the personal care and attention they give to my project, even though I am a small business. My recordings, I'm sure, are not as interesting as the varied and complex projects they often work on. It is a straightforward recording after all. However, they know that quality audio and video, so as not to distract from the content... the experience of the yoga, is equally important. So the attention to detail in the production makes the experience seamless!

Not that I can think of!

PPC for E-Learning Platform

"They have better domain knowledge than most in the industry."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

3rd & Lamar provides ongoing PPC management for an e-learning platform. They oversee social media, search, and display paid media channels.

Ed Sattar
CEO, QuickStart Inc.

The 7–8-year partnership still works to grow the number of leads and reduce the CPA rate. 3rd & Lamar provides effective services, meets deadlines, and offers a high level of knowledge.

I’m the CEO of QuickStart Inc. We offer e-learning services.

What challenge were you trying to address with 3rd & Lamar?

We needed help with top-of-the-funnel search marketing.

3rd & Lamar handles every channel of our paid media campaigns, including social media, search engines, and display. They launch campaigns related to coding certification boot camps.

We work with Heather (Co-Founder & Head of Agency, 3rd & Lamar).

How did you come to work with 3rd & Lamar?

I’d worked with Heather before.

We spent about $100,000 per month.

We’ve been working together for 7–8 years. Our most recent campaign launched in August 2019.

It’s still an iterative process to improve the number of leads and drive down the cost per customer acquisition (CPA).

How did 3rd & Lamar perform from a project management standpoint?

3rd & Lamar is good at meeting deadlines and following project guidelines. We’ve started to use Asana and Zoom.

They have better domain knowledge than most in the industry.

No, I can’t think of anything.

3rd & Lamar is competent with paid media.