We make websites

We’re local guys who make awesome, affordable websites for our clients. We know Philadelphia. We know small business.

Philadelphia, PA
  • 239 Chestnut St.
    Philadelphia, PA 19106

Piperwai and other Shark Tank products. Local favorites like Old City Coffee, Termini Bros, and City Tavern.

Web Redesign for Deodorant Company

"I never doubted their knowledge or ability."

Dec. 2015

The 215 Guys completed an accelerated redesign of an e-commerce website, implementing new logo and image content and providing custom tweaks to support functionality and increased traffic.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Co-Founder, Deodorant Company

After successfully launching within the 2-week timeframe, the site has attracted conversion rates as high as 20% with no crashes or bugs. The 215 Guys’ authentic personality, accurate delivery estimates, and proactive communication ensured a quick, engaging solution.

I’m the co-founder of an all-natural charcoal deodorant as seen on Shark Tank.

What challenge were you trying to address with The 215 Guys?

They’re awesome. We got an air date on Shark Tank about a year-and-a-half ago. We panicked because we didn’t think our website would be able to handle all the traffic that it was going to get from being on Shark Tank.

We only had two weeks’ notice of our air date, so we scrambled to find a web design agency that could implement the necessary changes on our website, help us decide where to host it, and make it functional within two weeks, right before a busy holiday season. It’s worth noting that when we aired, we had 26,000 concurrent visitors to the site and over 165,000 people in 48 hours, and it didn’t crash at all.

The 215 Guys explained the pros and cons of all our options and helped us decide on Shopify Plus as the platform for our site. We had just redesigned our logo, pictures, and some of the text with another design agency, and The 215 Guys optimized that content for different browsers, resolutions, and devices on which our site would be viewed.

They also coded some custom tweaks to our site that were specific to our product and provided guidance along the way. They did all of this within the two-week timeframe we had. The cherry on top of is that they monitored our site during all the traffic to make sure that it was healthy and running correctly. They showed us how to edit certain things ourselves. They were great to work with, especially during such a high-stress and important time for our business. They’ve provided ongoing support in the year-and-a-half since then.

I think there are five people on their team—the three founders and their two employees. We mainly talked with one or two of them, but everyone had a hand in developing our project, as certain people have different skills.

How did you come to work with The 215 Guys?

We interviewed three or four other agencies, but the others were very sales-y. I’m a sales person, so of course, I’m wary of them. I didn’t like the way the other agencies were trying to sell their product. They were making a lot of promises that I wasn’t certain they could deliver, and I’m very aware of being over-promised and under-delivered.

The 215 Guys were very upfront about what they could and could not do. They were realistic about the cost and the time it would take to do everything. They didn’t say things just to make us happy and make a sale. They’re very honest and straightforward. They hate using buzz words, and if they have to use one, they’ll make a joke about it and call themselves out. If you hate salespeople, they’re perfect; that’s pretty much the main reason we chose them. They felt more like friends or colleagues—someone you enjoy spending time with, rather than someone you’re paying to do a job.

How much have you invested with The 215 Guys?

At this point, we’ve invested $8,000.

The two-week project was in December of 2015.

Our conversion rate was 14%, and that has remained consistent. Not only was it 14% when we got all that traffic, but the average for all of 2016 was 11.17%. There have been days when it’s gone over 20%. It was never that high on our website before we hired The 215 Guys. The website flawlessly handled all this traffic.

We’ve referred friends to them who have also been on Shark Tank and had similar short timeframes. Every time one of those referrals has done a website with The 215 Guys, they have been so happy. They have the same story that we do; they didn’t crash, and they did really well. I know we weren’t just a fluke.

How did The 215 Guys perform from a project management standpoint?

My co-founder and I were very stressed during the time they were working on our site. Even when we dropped the ball on communication, they followed up in a way that was very helpful and not annoying. They were great at communicating with us while we were trying to juggle a lot of other things. The website was one less thing to stress over because we could count on them to get it done.

We communicated in person because they’re close to our office. We also used email so everyone could be copied, as well as phone calls.

What did you find most impressive about The 215 Guys?

Their office is very cool. I work in a little glass box, and I compare that to their massive space. They have a full kitchen, a pool table, an awesome mural on the wall, and big windows. It’s the coolest space to have an office, and they have a cute dog as well. They also cook for you. I don’t think we had a meeting with them where there wasn’t food present. It is like working with a bunch of friends. I would often forget that we were paying them to do a job for us. They take the partnership approach to the next level.

Are there any areas The 215 Guys could improve?

I really don’t have any complaints about them. I had a great experience, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Do you have any advice or recommendations for anyone who is looking to have their website redesigned by The 215 Guys?

A potential client should be open to feedback. What you envision for your website, based on the timeframe and budget you have, might not always be possible. The 215 Guys may come up with a solution that is better for your business needs. They’re authentic, so trust that they know what they are doing. I never doubted their knowledge or ability.

I think they under-promise and over-deliver, which is great. It’s the opposite with all my other vendors, and that drives me crazy.
    The other companies we talked to quoted us a lot more, and I did not trust that they would be able to deliver quality. The 215 Guys gave us the best price and the best possible service.
    I would give them a 6. We’re very happy with our website and how it’s performing.
    I have recommended them multiple times.