More Leads with Less Effort. Sound good?

SILVER VERIFIED

120/80 is a full-service digital marketing agency specializing in a broad range of solutions that drive leads and conversions for B2B, Professional Services, In-Home Services, and SaaS clients.

2020

Key Results

+50.53% Trial Sign-ups

-17.67% Cost for trial Sign-ups

Opportunity

SellerChamp is a multi-channel listing and inventory management SaaS platform. Industry outsiders had trouble grasping the subtleties of the company’s key differentiators, and five different ad agencies had failed to

fully understand the product and resolve the problem.

SellerChamp needed a solution that would build, optimize, and scale their pay-per-click (PPC) ads so it could increase its spend by 10x over the following six to eight months. They turned to 120/80 to get the job done.

Our Approach

A complicated product like SellerChamp requires a certain amount of insight and industry knowledge to produce tangible results. Understanding the small things that make a big difference (e.g., the call-to-action, keywords) would make or break the response to this challenge.

Our founder consulted with SellerChamp’s CEO and followed up with a detailed action plan. 120/80 then:

Conducted a basic audit and immediately saw that the company’s analytics were set up in a way that led to inaccurate data—something all the previous agencies missed. We corrected the problem so the client got real, actionable data.

·       Cleaned out the existing campaign and created new ads, ad groups, and campaigns.

·       Segmented their Google ads by service group to give them more control over bidding.

The Outcome

In just a few weeks, SellerChamp saw unprecedented results, lowering their cost per click (CPC) and customer acquisition cost (CAC). 120/80’s industry knowledge and deep understanding of PPC ads contributed to the remarkable success of this campaign.

Six months later, the numbers spoke for themselves: the client reaped a 50.53% increase in trial sign-ups, with a cost decrease of 17.67% over the previous year. 120/80 continues to host bi-weekly videoconferences with SellerChamp and responds promptly to any emerging issues.

We understand that each business operates within its own unique parameters for success. We succeed whether other agencies fail companies like SellerChamp because we ask the right questions and get the full scope of the client’s needs.

SellerChamp has since expanded its scope of work with 120/80 to include earned media management and customer success interviews, where we call customers that drop out of trials without subscribing to the software to learn about their experiences and try to win them over.

I believe [Sonny’s] deep understanding and specialization in PPC ads enabled him to ask the right questions and do this for us. His help goes beyond PPC. He has provided really helpful advice—tips on what we should be doing to grow our customer base. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.”                         - Nizar Noorani, Founder & CEO, SellerChamp

Lead Generation for Accounting Company

"They are extremely responsive and willing to get on a call whenever I was available."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

120/80 provided lead generation services for an accounting firm. The team worked to generate leads through automation on LinkedIn.

Northbrook, Illinois
Managing Shareholder, Swartz & Reeder Advisors

The engagement led to 2–3 new meetings per week, meeting the expectations of the internal team. 120/80 communicates effectively with the client and responds to inquiries in a timely manner. The team provides reliable results in a timely manner.

Managing Shareholder of an accounting and tax practice for Main St - not Wall St. We are advisors for small businesses and their families.

Beyond advisory and consulting, our services include income tax preparation, income tax planning, financial statement compilations, bookkeeping, payroll, sales tax, entity formation, tax resolution. We are small business owners and we are in the business of supporting other small business owners.

For what projects/services did your company hire 120/80?

We hired 120 over 80 for their LinkedIn Lead Generation services.

To generate more leads from our current activities online.

I had one intro call with Sonny. He told me the value proposition his company could provide my company, and I committed.

Initially we worked with their copywriter to write out the messaging. took a look at my profile and then hit the ground running with their automation, we saw instant results

Worked with Sonny directly and worked with Seth. They were available on the weekends

We were seeing between 2-3 meeting requests a week.

One month later, the results mapped to Sonny's original words on that intro call we had. That's so rare (i.e., to back up words with action so quickly, literally right off the bat). And his fees are so economical.

He's doing things right, you better sign up sooner than later before his rates increase. It's only inevitable that 120 over 80's rates will increase as their street credit increases over the upcoming months and years

They were a little slow to start but once they were going we saw results immediately.

PPC for Outsourced Business Services Firm

“He is always willing to educate me and my team about what’s going on and why certain decisions are necessary.”

March 2020 - Ongoing

120/80 delivers ongoing digital marketing management for an outsourced business services provider. Their team handles PPC ads and display retargeting, helping to evaluate and improve ad effectiveness.

Evanston, Illinois
Heather Appleman
Marketing, Acquirent

The digital marketing assistance from 120/80 has only begun recently but is already having effects on the consistency and overall health of site traffic to their client’s website. Sonny is incredibly responsive, flexible, and transparent about what decisions are being made and why.

We’re Acquirant outsourced sales and marketing, and we provide full-cycle sales and marketing services to a variety of companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with 120/80?

Our company had been using a different vendor to handle many aspects of our digital marketing such as SEO management and case search. We weren’t getting as much clarity and transparency as we needed from the project, so we decided to make a switch to another company.

From the beginning of the process, their team was able to identify what wasn’t working in our existing digital marketing strategy, determine the best next steps to take from there, and then help us execute on them.

They assist us with a variety of digital marketing tasks, primarily focusing on PPC advertising and display retargeting. We’re not doing social media ads at this time, but that is something we’ve considered.

Sunny has served as our account manager and is our main point of contact for all of the work.

How did you come to work with 120/80?

We were near the end of an RFP process with several other vendors when Sonny (Chief Growth Officer) got connected with our CEO, who put me in touch with him. Right off the bat, he was speaking our language and clearly understood our goals.

I sent him an RFP and his response, which he delivered within two days, addressed every single concern we had for the project. It was clear that he was prioritizing us and was prepared to be involved, so we decided to go with him.

The project just started in March 2020 and we are planning to work with them for at least the rest of this year.

Our main goals center on lead generation, site traffic, and improving the spend per lead on our ads. Just since starting with him, we’ve seen that our site traffic seemed relatively resistant to the recent market downturn and has actually continued to rise in some areas, which we are very happy about.

How did 120/80 perform from a project management standpoint?

Sonny is very responsive, so I can reach out to him over Slack, text, phone call, or even in person because he works in the same building as us. He does a great job of utilizing a lot of different communication channels to stay as engaged with his clients as possible.

He is always willing to educate me and my team about what’s going on and why certain decisions are necessary. My background in content marketing so I don’t have as much knowledge about the technical aspects of the work, and he has been an incredible resource for helping us get a better understanding of those.

No, I’m really happy with all of their work so far.

Be engaged with him, because that’s how you will get the most out of the engagement.

We had some delays because of the coronavirus, but they were flexible in adjusting their fees because of those.

PPC for Inventory Management SaaS Platform

"I am amazed by the level of attention they are able to provide to our company."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

120/80 ran PPC campaigns for an inventory management SaaS platform. The team cleaned up existing ads and created new targeted campaigns for the client.

Dallas, Texas
Nizar Noorani
Founder & CEO, SellerChamp

The engagement resulted in higher quality campaigns, exceeding the expectations of the internal team. 120/80 is responsive and prompt, facilitating a smooth workflow. The team goes above and beyond to deliver high-quality results that met the needs of the client.

I am Founder & CEO at SellerChamp - a multi-channel listing and inventory management SaaS platform.

For what projects/services did your company hire 120/80?

We have been struggling with finding a good, reliable agency to build, optimize and scale our Google/Bing PPC ads on an ongoing basis. We hired 120/80 for this service as well as for general marketing advice and strategies given Sonny's vast array of expertise in this field.

Build, optimize and scale PPC Ads such that we can 10x our spend on it and still keep it profitable in the next 6 - 8 months.

I have worked with 5 different ad agencies before getting connected with Sonny. None had worked out to my satisfaction. Our niche is very complicated and it requires paying attention to very subtle things - like the call-to-action, the keywords, etc. Sonny was recommended to me by a colleague of mine.

We had initial discovery in which Sonny took the time to understand our needs, offered his suggestions and advice and followed up with a detailed email with a breakdown of his plan of action, fee structure, etc. After reading his email it came very clear to me that Sonny was our guy.

After we starting working with Sonny, we had a series of calls where he asked the right questions and then put together a detailed plan of action. He started by cleaning up our existing campaign and then creating new ads, ad-groups and campaigns based on his learnings. He actively continues to do this and has been optimizing and growing our sign-ups while lowering the CPC and CAC

I along with my Head of Marketing interface directly with Sonny. He has an internal team of resources on his end but all of our interactions have been direct with him.

Our niche is quite complicated to fully grasp. The subtleties in the feature differentiators aren't obvious to an outsider. Sonny was able to understand this right off the bat. Within a few short weeks, he was able to clean-up our campaigns and lower our CPC and our CAC.

I believe his deep understanding and specialization in PPC ads enabled him to ask the right questions and do this for us. I am very happy with the quality of work Sonny has brought to the table. His help goes out of PPC. He has provided really helpful advice, tips/tracks on what we should be doing to grow our customer base. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Very effective. We meet bi-weekly via video-conference but Sonny has always been available whenever needed. He is prompt in his reply and very reliable.

I was blown away by how deeply Sonny understands PPC and how much he already knew about our niche. I am amazed by the level of attention they are able to provide to our company.

None that come to mind. It's been a pleasure working with Sonny and I hope to continue to work with him for the longer-term.

Overall Score I couldn't be happier with the quality of work Sonny has delivered for us.
    He is always just a phone call away.
    Very affordable. We're a bootstrapped company and Sonny was the perfect choice of us.
    The best PPC agency I've worked with. Period.
    I would refer to him to anyone looking for quality PPC in a heartbeat

Digital Marketing for Chiropractic Rehab Facility

"He cares for the health of his client’s business how I care, as a doctor, for my patient’s health."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

120/80 provides ongoing digital marketing services with the aim of attracting new patients to a chiropractor's business. This has involved SEO.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
David Fields
Owner, Tulsa Chiropractic Rehab

Now, more patients are finding the business through search engine results. The website ranks significantly higher on Google, and the business displays prominently on mapping applications. The vendor is highly accessible, driven to improve, and deeply invested in the project.

I’m the owner of Tulsa Chiropractic Rehab. We provide services that have to do with biomechanical dysfunction like the neck, back, joint, and muscle pain. We’ll also work on people’s coordination and retrain their bodies to work correctly and more efficiently so they’re less prone to damage themselves.

What challenge were you trying to address with 120/80?

We’re located on the backside of a building that’s not visible to the road, and we’ve been low on patients. Chiropractors typically see about 10 patients a week, but we were seeing one or two per week. We’re located near several neighborhoods and didn’t expect to have so much competition from other businesses on the internet.

We needed help with figuring out what was wrong with our digital marketing program. We initially went with another vendor, but they had a cookie-cutter approach that wasn’t effective. So, we decided to work with 120/80.

They’ve performed a variety of digital marketing tasks, including fixing the SEO on our website. He’s been using software to determine which keywords to target online.

They showed us that there’s a certain percentage of the population looking for chiropractors by searching for particular keywords. Businesses can acquire a certain percentage of those customers, and we were at 6 percent, while our biggest competitor was at 2 percent.

He’s also enhanced the way we attract referrals. We have a spreadsheet we submit to Sonny with the number of new patients and exactly where they came from. He uses that sheet to tweak his approach.

My main point of contact is Sonny (Founder & Chief Growth Officer, 120/80).

How did you come to work with 120/80?

I found Sonny through LinkedIn. I sent out a post asking for someone who could help with SEO or digital marketing tasks. I felt good about him. He’s a Harvard graduate, he’s got good experience, and he seemed confident and willing to work within my budget. Also, I felt like he cared and was interested in my business. He asked me more questions than the other service providers.

I’ve invested $600 so far with 120/80.

I’ve been working with Sonny since November of 2019, and the partnership is ongoing.

We have been feeling the difference. Now, we’re getting more patients from digital marketing sources. Before, we were relying on word-of-mouth and Groupon ads. We were able to stop using Groupon as it wasn’t generating a profit for us.

Also, I have noticed an increase in website traffic. Our position on Google has improved significantly. If you search in our area, we show up immediately. People are also finding us through Apple Maps or Google Maps, which didn’t happen before.

How did 120/80 perform from a project management standpoint?

They have paid personalized attention to my business. He’s constantly communicating with me to keep his ear to the ground. Also, he’s constantly trying to improve and modify his approach.

I never have a problem getting ahold of Sonny. He has never taken more than 24 hours to get back to me on an email. I can always call him, and he picks up 90% of the time. If he doesn’t pick up, he’ll call back later that day. I like talking with one person because I always know who I’m going to be speaking with.

We’ve had bi-weekly conversations where 120/80 checks in to make sure we’re happy with their services. They aren’t just going through the motions—they actually have an interest in seeing results. He is aggressively tackling and trying new things, which I appreciate.

For example, I ask my patients, “What changes are you seeing?” and then I change things. I try different approaches and tweak exercises if they aren’t working for them. That’s what I feel like 120/80 is doing for us.

He cares for his clients, and he is interested in their success more than other companies I’ve worked with. He cares for the health of his client’s business how I care, as a doctor, for my patient’s health.

I can’t think of a single area where they could improve.

You should just hire Sonny. He’s a self-motivated guy that really connects with his clients. The best way to work with Sonny is to let him do what he knows he needs to do.

Overall Score If there was a higher rating option, I would rate them higher.

PPC & Consulting for Wedding Videography Company

"He can look through a business’ data and see things in a different way."

2017 - 2018

120/80 used Google Ads and focused advertising and SEO efforts. By looking at income statements, they were able to offer suggestions and direction specific to the business.

CEO, Wedding Videography Company

120/80 tripled the client’s website traffic and doubled its revenue. They had excellent communication skills and met face-to-face most of the time. The project was very successful; their business has continued to grow even after the partnership ended.

I co-own a wedding videography business.

What challenge were you trying to address with 120/80?

We were so focused on filming videos that we needed suggestions on how to go in other directions.

Sonny (Growth Consultant, 120/80) showed us how to use Google Ads and focused on helping us with the big picture. At the time, we were focusing on wedding videos and corporate videos, but he looked at our income statements and gave us suggestions for different directions and areas to specialize in.

He showed us why we needed to do these various things after taking the pulse on our business. We focused our advertising and SEO efforts and used wedding-specific websites.

We worked directly with Sonny.

How did you come to work with 120/80?

We work in the same building as Sonny and he had offered us advice and helped us out a few times, so we decided to take him on as a consultant. Seeing the health and success of his business, we never questioned him. It wasn’t something we were looking for at the moment, so we weren’t comparing other consultants.

We worked together from 2017-2018 for about a year.

We tripled our traffic and doubled our revenue at that time, and we can confidently say that Sonny has contributed our increasing revenue and profit margins year over year. Since working with Sonny, our business has tripled overall. The advice he gave us has been priceless.

How did 120/80 perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly met face-to-face for all of our communication. He took our goals and our size and gave us the insights that we needed.

He is highly intelligent. He can look through a business’ data and see things in a different way. Drawing from experience and a large network, he gives key insights that are incredibly helpful that we never would have thought about.

There are no ways they could improve.

I highly recommend working with him. If Sonny gets all the information he needs, he is going to be so much help. Not all businesses have the same goals, so make sure he is clear with the goals of the business.

PPC for Electronic Contract Manufacturing Company

"His ability to communicate the results as well as his decisions was most impressive."

2018 - 2019

Overhauling an existing PPC strategy, 120/80 created keywords and ran Google Ads campaigns.

Illinois
Business Dev, Electronic Manufacturing Company

120/80 contributed to an increase in the number of leads and the amount of website traffic the client received. They excelled in communicating and were very responsive and available. He took the time to educate the client, so they could learn how to strengthen their leads.

I work in business development for an electronic contract manufacturing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with 120/80?

We wanted to increase our lead conversion using Google Ads. We tried to do everything in-house previously, but it didn’t work out.

Sonny (Growth Consultant, 120/80) overhauled our PPC strategy. He created different campaigns and keywords.

Sonny was our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with 120/80?

He reached out to me and after we talked it over, he seemed like the right fit. We picked him as opposed to other competitors because he had experience, so he knew how to stretch our dollar and get the most results.

We spent roughly $240,000 on the ad spend.

We started working in mid-2018 and finished in mid-2019.

Our number of leads increased by about 20% through Google Ads. We also saw over 20% traffic increase. We are all very happy with everything they've done.

How did 120/80 perform from a project management standpoint?

He came into the office every now and then to give us a formal rundown, but he typically contacted us through email and phone. He was always on call and was really good at communication skills. He taught us everything he did from a decision perspective and it almost felt like we were the ones making the decisions.

The reason we stopped working with him was that he taught us so much, we figured we could do it on our own. Even though it's positive for us, I think that backfired on him.

Sit down with Sonny one-on-one and tell him your goals. Tell him specifically how many leads or new clients you want to gain. Don’t just give him a budget.

Overall Score There is no perfect.
    He met the timeline, but we always wanted sooner.
    We started out not as high as we wanted to, but he made it work.
    He delivered exactly what we wanted.
    He is a small shop and will give the attention that is warranted to any account.

SILVER VERIFIED