We want to feature your expertise on our website. With an audience of more than 2 million people from around the world, we provide the ideal platform for businesses seeking to highlight their market leadership, get in front of an engaged audience, and boost their brand reputation.
Contributed Content Offering
Market your thought leadership and highlight your company’s experience in the industry. All content is published in the resources section of our website.
- Opportunity to publish one article on either Clutch or our sister website, The Manifest
- Accepted articles published in the order they're received and edited; typical wait time is 2 to 3 months
- Published articles shared 8 times across our social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Contributed Content Requirements
The following are key requirements, not suggestions. If you don't follow them, your contribution will not be published.
- You must use our application form below to submit your pitches before submitting an article
- Only submit your own original work that has not been published before
- Article length of 900-1,500 words
- Include a 1-2 sentence summary of your article at the top underneath your title
- Download and follow the advice in the Writer's Checklist at the bottom of this page
- Show; don't tell: Include step-by-step instructions, screenshots, and examples, illustrated with screenshots or flowcharts
- Reference or link to sources, case studies, and data that back up your argument and help the reader understand the issue
- Include at least 2 images in your article as PNGs or JPEGs. We do not accept stock photos. Please use screenshots, relevant graphics, and other images that back up and/or illustrate your points
- Submit articles as .doc or .docx, not Google Doc
Apply to Write for Us
We require an outline of your proposed topic in our application form and links to previous writing samples. We will let you know within a week if the article you suggest is suitable. If you don’t hear from us, your application was not accepted. Please do not submit a full article until you hear from us.
Want to write for us again? Apply again! You must apply every time you want to submit an article topic.
Editorial Process: What to Expect
We review each pitch and reach out within one week if the topic sounds like a good fit for our audience. If you don't hear back from us within a week, your piece isn't the right fit for us at this time.
After receiving a completed article, we take about one month to review it and share feedback.
We expect writers to update their article based on our feedback before publication. Once articles are finalized and approved, we take about two to three months to publish articles.
We use our "Writer's Checklist" (below) to edit articles. Please ensure that your completed article includes every item on the checklist before submitting it. We reserve the right to reject articles that do not meet our requirements and edit articles as we see fit.
Clutch Writer's Guidelines
Please read these guidelines carefully if you want to contribute content.
Submit Articles That Help Readers Make Informed Business Decisions
We feature articles that help readers make informed business decisions. We require detailed explanations, concrete examples, and actionable instructions. A reader shouldn’t have to look up another source when reading your article.
Every contribution should meet these four goals:
- Inform readers about business processes, challenges, scenarios, and tools, using case studies, examples, and data.
- Educate readers about the choices they need to make to innovate and enhance their business and why.
- Guide readers through the process of solving pressing business challenges and making informed decisions, using clearly written, step-by-step instructions and compelling, reader-friendly visuals.
- Cover a topic comprehensively so readers don't need to read anything else before taking action.
To get an idea of what we're looking for, check out articles we've published.
Include Actionable Takeaways for Readers
When deciding whether to contribute, reflect on your experience working with your company's clients. What problems, dilemmas, and challenges did you face? Consider what advice or insights you can offer that may help businesses do one of these three things:
1. Become more efficient with the help of updated business processes or new technology
2. Choose a service provider or software solution that meets their needs
3. Get the most out of their service provider or software solution
Fit the Topics We Cover
Your contribution must deal with a business decision, purchase, or other issue that fits into one of our content categories:
- Advertising & Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Mobile App Development
- Web & Software Development
- Web Design
- IT Services & Solutions
- Business Services
For inspiration, check out our latest articles, and think of topics in terms of four questions:
- How do you do X?
- Why should you do X?
- Why is X happening?
- What is X? Why is X important?
We use this writer's checklist as our editing handbook. Please ensure that your completed article includes every item and meets each requirement before submitting it.
Reach out to [email protected] with any questions about joining our content community. We look forward to working with you!