A Veteran Custom Software Developer

Gold

Zco Corporation is a trusted custom software development vendor whose reputation for excellence spans three decades. We've created robust software solutions for entrepreneurs, startups, and Fortune 500 companies alike. We offer our clients access to one of the largest teams of engineers, artists, designers, and project managers in the industry.

Technical Capabilities

• Keystone Automotive
  • Samsung
  • APR Energy

Technical Proficiencies:

• SwiftReact • Kotlin • Xamarin • React Native • Objective C • Android Java • Flutter • ReactJS • Unity • PHP • .NET Core • Go • NodeJS • MongoDB • jQuery • AJAX • SQL • AWS • C# • HTML5 • JavaScript

1989
Nashua, NH
  • 58 Technology Way, Suite 2w10
    Nashua, NH 03060
  • 745 Atlantic Ave
    Boston, MA 02111
  • 33 Irving Place
    New York, NY 10003

Verizon • Microsoft • John Hancock • Liberty Mutual • Coolmax Socks • BBC America • Chatsworth Products • Align Communications • Flint Group • City of Lowell, Massachusetts • Management Sciences for Health • APR Energy • The Morning Star Company • Utz Quality Foods • American Hotel & Lodging

SMI Adviser Image

SMI Adviser

Submit questions, access resources, and receive guidance from national experts in SMI. It’s a fantastic resource for anyone providing care to those with serious mental illness.

SuperDraft Image

SuperDraft

Start winning cash now with SuperDraft and experience one day fantasy sports like never before. Get ready to prove your skills, get competitive, and take control of your fantasy. SuperDraft’s mission is to deliver winning experiences to every sports fan, and that includes you!

RangeFox Image

RangeFox

Make the most of your firearms training. Range Time and Ammunition are both valuable. Get as much as possible out of both. Reference our growing directory of drills to plan your next range day, or use the dry fire mode to bring structure to your at home training.

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence Image

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence

Using state-of-the-art technology and professionally-developed training programs, The SpotOn System allows you to contain or track your dog almost anywhere around the globe—all via a single, durable collar, accompanying mobile app, and customizable training program.

invisaWear Image

invisaWear

invisaWear has created smart jewelry and accessories to redefine personal protection. A small device is hidden within fashionable items, allowing users to instantly contact their friends, family, and police during an emergency.

GolfLogix Image

GolfLogix

GolfLogix helps players read the greens like professionals. The app lets players know exactly how their approach shots will roll and how their putts will break. The app works across many courses, with additional courses being added over time.

Burndy Connect Image

Burndy Connect

The Burndy Connect app allows users to browse the company’s extensive product catalog, configure tools in the field, and find technical specifications on-demand.

The COOP Squad Image

The COOP Squad

The Coop Squad App is an exciting collection of games, activated by Coop Squad collectable character cards earned as rewards through participation in a Great American or QSP Canada fundraising program.

MIND LAMP Image

MIND LAMP

MIND LAMP is a neuropsychiatric research app that runs on both iOS and Android devices. Designed to help users Learn, Assess, Manage, and Prevent, LAMP is a versatile tool that can be customized for numerous clinical and research needs.

CMC Connect Image

CMC Connect

CMC Connect allows patients and visitors to access Catholic Medical Center’s locations, register for classes and events, explore career opportunities, and more.

Barton Tiles Image

Barton Tiles

The Barton Tiles Reading and Spelling System is a revolutionary teaching and learning solution made developed for Bright Solutions for Dyslexia, Inc., a worldwide expert in the field of dyslexia.

TDJ Golf Image

TDJ Golf

TDJ Golf is an award-winning app that let's users build their ideal fantasy PGA team, competing against other users for prizes and bragging rights.

Zentangle Image

Zentangle

The Zentangle Method uses structured drawing techniques to promote focus and well-being. Users snap photos of their drawings and share them with the world, where anyone can arrange tiles into custom mosaics, appreciate individual drawings and artists, and search for tiles by artist, country, tangle, and hashtag.

eKeystone Image

eKeystone

The eKeystone business to business app is the automotive aftermarket industry's best parts lookup and order tool, developed exclusively for Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc customers.

App Development for Education Sales Company

“Zco has an unbelievable ability to turn high-level ideas into practical designs and implementations.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Zco Corporation provided full-stack mobile app development to an educational resource retail organization. They worked in Unity to build a cross-platform resource for users to advance through various curricula.

Nashville, Tennessee
Katie Matter
Project Manager, Southwestern Advantage

The app has successfully been moved into preproduction and the second phase of development, completely satisfying project stakeholders with the quality of both its designs and functionality. The Zco Corporation team is highly creative and collaborative throughout their work.

Our organization is called South Western Advantage. We have a group of individuals who sell door-to-door educational products during the summer. My role is director of applications, which covers several platforms that we use for selling as well as several customer-facing education products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco Corporation?

We hired them to rewrite one of our educational apps.

They rebuilt the product from the ground up using Unity. The app is built for both iOS and Android, and it allows the user to read e-books, watch videos, play games, and take quizzes, all within one cohesive interface. Those activities are organized around a learning path that advances the user through our set curriculum.

How did you come to work with Zco Corporation?

One of our sister companies had worked with their team on an augmented reality app, and they highly recommended their services to us.

We were originally quoted at around $63,000 for the project, but they have only charged us for actual hours so I’m not sure how much of that has actually been spent so far.

The project started in October 2019, and we are currently entering phase two of the project with the first version of the app going into production this week.

They have been doing milestone releases every other week, and we are incredibly pleased with what Zco is providing so far. One of the things they’re bringing to the table which you don’t often see with contractors is their ideas for making things even better.

Their team will often be working on something and will come to us and point out something that they can add to the project within the original estimate, or a different approach we can take that will make something more efficient. In that regard, they really have been like an extension of our own team.

How did Zco Corporation perform from a project management standpoint?

We have really been amazed by their project management. Everyone on their team is incredibly professional and communicative at all times. I have a lot of projects going on so I can sometimes be vague in what I’m asking for, but they do a great job of understanding or making sure that they take time to ask questions to make sure they do in the end.

Compared with the other contract groups we’ve worked with, Zco has an unbelievable ability to turn high-level ideas into practical designs and implementations. They are able to translate our mockups identically onto the screen in a way that is incredibly difficult to do.

I honestly cannot think of anything that I would change about our business relationship.

Treat them more like a partner than a contractor and they will be able to provide a better service for you. They have a lot of experience and are on top of all the newest trends, so allowing them to help you with creative designs and flows will make the final product exceed your expectations.

Overall Score They are a lot of fun to work with and a really intelligent group of developers.
    They have been able to adjust resources to hit all of our deadlines.
    The original development for this app cost us significantly more.
    The milestone path they planned out is exactly what they delivered to us.
    We recommend them to everyone and plan to use them again ourselves.

Build Tools for Writers to Record Content

"Their level of experience is eminently apparent in the high-quality code and the way it translates into a product."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Zco built an audio platform an iOS app and a mobile website, with an Android app coming. In an agile development process, Zco took preexisting designs and created the products.

Boston, Massachusetts
Founder & CEO, Shordio

Zco delivered a reliable high-quality product that met the desired specifications. Their experienced team was transparent and honest, maintaining high responsiveness and never hiding issues.

I am the CEO of Shordio. We create tools that allow creators of short-form written content to distribute that content as audio read by the author. Bloggers, journalists and any type of media publishers that traditionally only distribute content through the written form can do so through audio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

The business challenge was figuring out how to build the types of tools that would allow writers to record their content in a relatively easy and seamless way that encourages them to put their content on this platform. Ease of use was our goal.

It is a concept that was largely untested, so part of the challenge was figuring out how to make something that is eminently simple and encourages people to distribute their content.

They built us an iOS app and mobile website. An Android app will probably be on the way at some point.

I initially created a design. I sketched out a design, and they gave me very specific specifications in terms of what the work would entail. It was a very specific blueprint on cost, the scope of project, hours, and they presented all of that from the get-go so there weren’t any surprises.

They were iOS and web products, and they were fairly basic. However, the work helped me realize that I wasn’t ready to introduce it to the marketplace, but I definitely knew I wanted to pursue it in a much more expansive manner. At that point, I reached out to a different designer.

Once I had new design specs, I presented them to Zco and they implemented it. It was much more robust and expanded the scope of the platform. It made it look a lot nicer. With the new design specs, they built the project and gave me milestones along the way.

It was an agile development process and along the way, they would go through their own quality control. I would get the product in whatever its current form was, beat it up a little bit, come back to them with any changes or alterations that needed to be made and they would deliver.

Like any major project, there were going to be hiccups along the way. They were able to adjust. We had some issues with Apple and some other requirements to being in the App Store which was unanticipated, but Zco was able to adapt and implement, and ultimately deliver a product that works well.

Including the product manager, there were two to three working on it in India. My product manager is the vice president of Zco. I don’t think it is a massive organization, but I think he is fairly senior. In the development team, we had an iOS engineer, a website and backend engineer and those were the primary engineers who have been working on this project.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I was looking for a design and development firm within 50 miles from me. They were well regarded. Before I signed a cheque, I did a bit more digging into the quality of their products and I was impressed. I liked my primary contact there, and I thought they were honest and that they presented themselves well.

I began working with them in April 2016, and the work is still ongoing.

I don’t have business metrics that I can point to, but from my perspective of working with Zco, I had asked them to deliver a product that was reliable, works, and is capable of doing the things that I designed it to do. They have consistently delivered that.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

I think they did really well. I pushed them for a delivery schedule. Most of the work was being done in an agile environment so they would give me an approximate day or week when work was going to be completed and I would push them on that. There were times when they didn’t hit the milestone date perfectly, but there are always unexpected things that occur in the development of any small or large project. I never got the runaround.

They were straight shooters. If issues came up, they would explain them to me. The development was being done half a world away and things would come up. People would get sick or there would be unexpected weather events. They have always been very open and honest, and I have never felt that they tried to evade responsibility for completing something.

I have always gotten a really strong level of responsiveness from Zco and my product manager.

I like more communication rather than less. I will make a request to him and he will pass on that request to the development team with whatever language around that that he has to. I won’t always get the acknowledgment that he is going to pass that onto the development team. Quite honestly, that is on me because I haven’t been explicit about wanting an answer. When I email with a question or instruction, I just want an acknowledgment.

Be honest, upfront, and clear about what you are looking for. They are going to be really good at translating your directions into a product, but that is all they'll do. They are going to translate your vision per the instructions that you provide, not per their own level of experience.

Their level of experience will be eminently apparent in the high-quality code and the way it translates into a product. Their job is to bring life to your concept. Have a really good idea of your concept and they will bring life to it, but they aren’t going to enhance it in ways that are unexpected.

Mobile App Development for Tech Start-Up

“They’re trustworthy and dependable.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

With give designs and wireframes, Zco led the construction of a mobile app for a real estate technology startup. The web component is completed, so they’re working on finishing the iOS platform.

Palo Alto, California
Director of Operations, Tech Start-Up

Because of the team’s consistent and reliable honesty, the client is able to trust in their growing relationship with them. They handle all their work with a personal touch, which encourages a continued long-term partnership. Communicating in several different ways, they easily stayed in touch.

We’re a technology startup that builds marketplace mobile apps for the real estate industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We needed help in creating mobile technology to facilitate our business goals.

I’m not familiar with the technical end of things, so they came in and really managed the entire development process. We provided wireframes and overall ideas and business goals. Then, we worked with them to plan the product. They got to work and later helped us implement the technology.

The final product is a mobile platform that sells home services specifically for real estate professionals. Homeowners are also able to use the product. As of now, we’ve paused our Android development to realign from a business development standpoint. Their team also completed the web development end of the project, so we’re currently working on iOS.

Originally, we were working with an iOS team, Android team, and a web development team. Now, we have a few iOS engineers, testing personnel, a business analyst, one project manager, and an API developer.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We found them on Clutch. Our team vetted them and several other potential vendors through interviews. We appreciate how much the Clutch platform provided for us, and the team used its listings as a guide to help narrow down our list. In the end, we had the best discussions with Zco and felt most confident in hiring their team.

We started the project in March 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We’re extremely satisfied and grateful to have an excellent working relationship with them. With outsourcing, there’s always uncertainty surrounding how the relationship will work out. Two organizations aren’t likely to have the same processes or schedules, so it can be difficult. We’re happy to have our long-term partnership with them.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager was personable and helped to develop our ongoing relationship on a personal level. Whenever I need assistance, he’s on it. When there’s something urgent that needs deeper discussion, we jump on a video call to share screens and walk through issues. Otherwise, we use Basecamp, email, and phone to communicate. That’s been effective, so we don’t see a need for additional tools.

They’re trustworthy and dependable. Knowing that we have a company we can count on means a lot to us.

They’ve been great. I can’t say anything negative about them.

I wouldn’t hesitate to hire them because of their trustworthiness. From a technical standpoint, they’re also very strong. I haven’t come across a situation where they couldn’t deliver on a feature we wanted. They’re professional and competent. It’s just a matter of managing the project the way you want to and finding the company you can rely on. If those things are important to you, Zco is the match for you.

Overall Score We enjoyed our relationship and wouldn’t have come as far without them.
    They followed through on all their communication plans.
    They aren’t the cheapest but offer a good balance between quality and cost.
    At the end of the day, they produced and delivered.
    I’d rate them higher if I could.

Mobile App Development for Machine Handling Company

"I appreciate their responsiveness the most."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Zco developed an application for iOS and Android that’s a tool for a material handling company’s sales team. The app showcases content about different products. It’s currently in the testing phase.

51- 200 Employees

Wilmington, Massachusetts
Marketing & Business Development, Machine Handling Company

All initial feedback has been promising. The team at Zco delivers quality work. They’ll tackle any challenges and take scope changes in stride. Along with their responsiveness, their team is communicative and dedicated.

I’m on the marketing and business development side of a material handling company. We sell any service that goes into warehouses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

One of our issues was that whenever we had sales reps inside of a warehouse, they didn’t have internet service. Because of this, the reps couldn’t pull up different product information on their tablets to show customers. In partnering with Zco, we hoped to eliminate that by creating an application that holds all of the literature, videos, and information about our products, which would be accessible without an internet connection.

The team at Zco created an iOS and Android application for our sales team. When we met the first time, their team got to know our ideas before coming back with their suggestions. Once we decided on a solution, I provided all of the content before their team focused on all of the design and development.

We have around 200 products. The app would host all of the spec sheets, brochures, literature and any videos that went along with each product. It also has an ROI calculator. When the sales rep is meeting with the customer, they can punch in the parameters of the warehouse and receive what the ROI would be.

In total, our team has four people. My main contacts are Michael (Senior Project Manager, Zco) and Randy (Senior Account Executive, Zco).

How did you come to work with Zco?

We did a Google search. Our team was actually going to work with another company, but then we decided Zco would be a better fit. After interviewing several different companies, we went with Zco because of their responsiveness. They also wanted to come out and see our business. Their team wanted to learn what we do so that they would have the background before creating our product.

We’ve invested about $60,000.

We started working with Zco in June 2019. We’re in the final stages, and it should be finished in the next few weeks.

We’re still in the testing phase. Our teams meet to go over issues or things that could be improved upon. Since we’re not experts by any means, they also give us feedback on what could be better.

Everyone is excited about the app. Back in July, I revealed the concept during a sales meeting. I let everyone know what we were working on and what designs we had. All of our sales reps are pleased with it.

I also showed it to our vendor partners, who asked me about the development and who we hired. A lot of them want to do something similar with their teams. This morning, someone emailed me, asking for a couple of screenshots that he could share with his team.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is excellent at getting back to me. I could send them a message right now, and within seconds, they’ll respond. For project management tools, we use Slack, email communication, and sometimes Basecamp.

I have nothing but good things to say about Zco. I appreciate their responsiveness the most. If I’m having an issue during testing, they get right back to me. If I need to add something, they’re on it. Even if we throw a curveball.

No, they’ve done everything great. There are no complaints.

Let them know about your business and industry. Once they have that information, they can zone in on what’s important.

I'm very likely to refer them.

Cross-Platform App Development for Software Company

“Zco has a wide range of skill sets at their disposal, which allows them to adjust their team to as they see fit.”

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

In addition to building out a native remote inspection app for iPads, Zco concurrently ported the software to a Xamarin platform for Windows users.

Oceanside, California
Mark Gratiot
Director R&D, Streamline Automation

Zco has released nine major iterations of the iPad app, each available in the App Store, as well as the initial version of the cross-platform Xamarin build. Their nimble team boasts a wide breadth of skills to match any given situation. Having clear documentation upfront has reduced onboarding time.

I’m the director of R&D at Streamline Automation. We build inspection software for fire departments within a city municipality.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We hired Zco to port our iPad-exclusive remote inspection software solution to a cross-platform build. The original was written using Objective-C, and the latest version would use .NET Xamarin to run on Windows and iOS.

Zco assigned two teams to work concurrently on our inspection software. The first team initially took over our native Objective-C platform to get a sense of our architecture and then continued to make enhancements throughout its lifespan. All in all, they’ve completed about nine major releases over the course of a year, building out new features as requested.

During this time, the second team was working on the Xamarin initiative to port the solution to Windows. They’ve completed the cross-platform version, and it’s now available in the Microsoft store.

The first team consisted of an architect, a QA lead, and an Objective-C developer for the native iOS tool. That architect and QA lead would later go on to head the Xamarin team, joined by two Xamarin developers, a business analyst, and graphics artists to complete the package. The later helped with UI work, creating icons and other visuals.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We’d searched a number of companies but found that their fees were really expensive. Eventually, the owner of our company found Zco because they offered a reasonable price.

In total, we’ve spent about $250,000 so far. The Objective-C development cost a little over $102,000, and the Xamarin initiative has been about $150,000.

We started working with them on July 2018 for the Objective-C app, and they’ve recently released the final version to the App Store. The Xamarin build started in September 2018, and we’re still working together to make enhancements.

As I’ve said, we’ve had nine major releases to the App Store and one initial release to the Microsoft store. Each one has seen a great success rate. We’ve hardly ever had any QA issues after the fact, and, if we did, they were very responsive to them.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

We meet with their team once a week on a live conference call and interact using project management tools. Because we’ve been able to communicate our needs clearly, they’ve helped us hit all of our milestones by following our custom Scrum process.

Zco has a wide range of skill sets at their disposal, which allows them to adjust their team to as they see fit. For example, if we need a graphics artist or any other specialist, they’ll assign someone who can participate at the team level for a few short iterations. Once they complete the job, they switch out.

No, we always have a high level of satisfaction with what they’re doing.

It’s best to have solid requirements and project definitions upfront before engaging any development firm. We were fortunate enough to have our software well-documented from our previous vendor, which became the basis for our requirements and project definitions. This helped minimize Zco’s discovery period.

They were able to quickly understand our scope based on their experience with previous iterations and our strong documentation.
    We researched a number of companies prior to Zco and found them to have the most reasonable price point.
    We’ve had a great success rate with our releases, and they hit all of our milestones.
    I’ve already recommended them.

App and Web Development for Fitness Tech Company

“Zco Corporation has been instrumental in the growth of our company.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Zco Corporation designed and developed a mobile app for iOS and Android from scratch, as well as an administrative web-based platform that allows users to compete in fitness challenges.

Valparaiso, Indiana
Devin Martin
Founding Partner, Challenge Me App

Zco Corporation provides top-notch, scalable and affordable development services that have been invaluable to the company's growth as a whole. Data-driven and proactive about meeting deadlines, working with their team continues to pay off.

I'm a founding partner of a fitness mobile app company called Challenge Me App.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco Corporation?

We engaged Zco Corporation to develop our mobile and web app.

Zco Corporation designed and developed our app for iOS and Android from scratch, along with an administrative web-based platform to manage the app's insights, data, downloads, and other functions. They provided UX design in addition to development, using technologies such as PHP and MySQL. The app's features allow users to access and post to national leaderboards, accept fitness challenges from other users, and subscribe to fitness influencers.

We work with an account executive, the senior vice president, and a handful of designers, developers, and QA testers. We've probably worked with about 30 people on their team in total throughout different stages of the project.

How did you come to work with Zco Corporation?

We found Zco Corporation at a networking event. We had also hired a business consultant to help us find the right app development company, and they were one of our top three choices. After meeting with them, it was clear that they were experts in gamification and other capabilities. We knew we would be able to scale easily if necessary with their team, so it would be possible to do everything we needed without having to hire any additional agencies.

We've invested over $300,000 thus far, or about $15,000 per month.

We've been working with them since October 2017 and have continued the relationship through a monthly retainer.

Zco Corporation has been instrumental in the growth of our company. They've done a great job of managing our expectations when it comes to developing something that's never been done before. They've helped bring our ideas to life by laying out a data-driven approach to achieving those goals.

How did Zco Corporation perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Jira and Basecamp to manage communications, addressing bugs and checking off tasks through each sprint phase in an efficient manner.

They have the ability to bring enough manpower to a project when needed in order to get everything done on time. We never have to worry about delaying our timelines with their ability to scale their team to resolve any issues that may come up. They're very business-development oriented, so they do what they need to do in order to hit our deadlines.

No, they've made improvements wherever we've requested them to as they come up.

Have as many in-person meetings as possible with their team.

Overall Score They're great to work with.
    Their rates are significantly lower than other providers in the US.
    We actively refer them to anyone who asks us about our app.

Mobile App Dev for Automotive Wholesale Distributer

“From start to finish, Zco has been a fantastic company to work with.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Zco used Xamarin to develop a cross-platform mobile app for Android and iOS that syncs with an e-commerce web platform through an API. They also provide UX/UI design, interfacing, and research.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Program Development Manager, Automotive Company

Immediately after launch, a high volume of internal users downloaded the app. Beta testers have complimented the easy navigation, simple design, and smooth functionality. Responsive communication and prompt turnaround times make Zco stand apart from the competition. They even outpaced deadlines.

I am the program development manager for an automotive company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

One of the items I’m tasked with is implementing a mobile app device for our B2B e-commerce website. We needed to find a tool that would allow our customers to utilize features that exist on a mobile device to improve their day to day tasks and responsibilities within their company. Simultaneously, we wanted to provide a simplified version of our current e-commerce solution.

Zco built our mobile apps from scratch. We used Xamarin to develop versions for both iOS and Android. Through the product, our B2B customers can access over a million parts to view and order via mobile.

The team led us through the starting point of a UX/UI design. Once those components were complete, they worked with our IT team on interfacing the app with our existing e-commerce solution through API calls. The apps are synced to our website live. When users place an order on the web platform, it shows up on the mobile app simultaneously and vice versa.

In addition to this product, we've had discussions with Zco about a second app for our RV division. We're aiming to begin development for that product within the next few weeks. They're also helping us research a separate marketing application.

We deal primarily with a project manager. I believe their team of developers includes about six people in total.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I actually started my search by vetting companies through Clutch reviews. Most of the other vendors responded via email. Zco was the first company to call me back immediately. I was impressed with their responsiveness.

We've spent right around $70,000.

We've been working together since March 2018.

We just launched the app a few days ago. From an internal standpoint, we had a substantial number of immediate downloads. We have not officially started marketing or rolled this out to our customers yet. I expect that we'll begin to have external metrics in the next week or two.

Qualitatively, our beta testing customers have responded with comments about the app's simplicity and ease of use. They find that it functions much better than the website in some cases.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

We're very pleased in this regard. Zco meets any timeline we set. They have exceeded our expectations about managing and fulfilling our goals. Honestly, the biggest challenge has been getting them the information fast enough from our end. They implemented Basecamp for us to use to communicate any updates or changes to the requirements.

Responsiveness is Zco's number one strength. They are quick to get back to us and make any necessary adjustments or changes to the project.

Probably the only area they could improve would be offering more suggestions in areas where we’re less well-versed.

Zco would be a great partner for anybody who wants to develop a mobile app. From start to finish, Zco has been a fantastic company to work with.

Overall Score They've been a pleasure to work with, and we hope to continue our relationship for a long time.
    They've actually outpaced the timelines.
    If I could give them a higher rating, I would.
    They've been able to provide us with everything that they promised.
    I've already referred them to a few different companies.

iOS Mobile App Dev for Aquaculture Company

They're an efficient and professional partner. I was amazed by the quality, speed, and accuracy of their work.”

June - Dec. 2017

Zco built an environmental data analytics and visualization app for iOS. The software maximizes existing data assets and gathers useful new metrics. Having found new uses, the team will develop it further.

North Falmouth, Massachusetts
Daniel Ward
President, Ward Aquafarms, LLC

The app generated two potential new ways to monetize results from data assets. An intuitive display format pragmatically organizes useful results from the raw input. The project manager consistently responded with remarkable speed. Developers rapidly completed tasks at a high level of proficiency.

I'm the owner and president of operations at Ward Aqua Farms, LLC. We’re a research-focused aquaculture operation that commercially produces shellfish. Our consulting operations strive to improve domestic aquaculture.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

Our business has the internal resources to measure specific water quality parameters. To better drive business decisions, we needed a software solution to convert raw data into actionable insight. The pre-set sensor configurations display results in a suboptimal format. I’d worked with discrete aspects of development but had never completed an end-to-end app build. Zco had the professional design and development qualifications we lacked internally.

Our initial discussions clarified how to maximize our existing data assets and the ideal UX/UI. We collaboratively developed a basic starting template. The specs outline new types of metrics we wanted to gather. Zco incorporated my feedback on design specs including wireframes and storyboards. The iOS app lets me set custom alerts and apply my parameters to incoming metrics. User-configurable thresholds maximize data utility.

They transitioned hosting from a third-party platform to my Amazon cloud-based account. I have much more control over this platform. The app lets me conduct quality checks in-house. An intuitive display visualizes results from raw incoming data. Several design iterations and a data acquisition phase yielded a viable mobile app.

My two main contacts at Zco are the project manager and his supervisor. I've only interacted with those two resources but assume a full development team writes the code.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I considered several potential contractors. After finding Zco via Google, I contacted their CEO. Their excellent communication skills were the deciding factor. Most vendors can offer comparable development work. We had a tight deadline to get the quote into a federal agency. Zco was by far the most responsive option.

We started working together in June 2017 and wrapped up the first phase by December. I plan to work with them again shortly to expand this project. Ideally, we’ll establish a new six-month scope in April 2018. Having established new uses, we’re going to develop the app much further.

Zco is an efficient and professional partner. I was amazed by the quality, speed, and accuracy of their work. We measured their progress against the scope and timeline. They offer a very fair price, especially in light of the project’s scope and quality.

The app generated two new pathways to monetization outside the original scope. Using this product in-house has reduced risk substantially and generated innovative future business opportunities.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Zco walked me through the entire process. We used email 90% of the time with intermittent phone calls. I interacted with our project manager daily and only spoke with his supervisor about billing concerns. He always responded immediately, often within hours. The cost was split into five invoices, each one predicated on meeting monthly milestones.

Even though I frequently kept them waiting, they adhered to a challenging timeline. They probably could have finished in half the time if our supplier had promptly provided materials. Resources were straightforward, transparent, and seamlessly transitioned between tasks. They made critical changes to the original document on the same day.

I can't think of a single time our project manager took more than an hour to respond. He prioritized my needs regardless of off-hours, holidays, and even the time zone difference. I've never experienced that attentive level of support with any other vendor. This dynamic facilitated uniformly smooth and efficient progress.

I wouldn't change anything. Based on our great experience so far, I’ve extended their engagement.

Overall Score I had a top-notch experience, especially lacking prior knowledge of their team. They really did a great job.
    We never missed a deadline or had a breakdown in communication.
    They built an extremely high-quality product for the quote.
    The quality of the final deliverable markedly exceeded my expectations.
    I’ve already recommended them and will continue working with them this year.

Hybrid Mobile App Dev for Swimming Pool & Spa Manufacturer

“They do high-quality work.. … I'd absolutely recommend them.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Zco built a hybrid mobile application that is compatible with iOS and Android. The app lets users create a product catalog based on various search parameters.

Christine Schaeffer
VP of Administration, Meissner Mfg. Co., Inc.

The app is widely used and received favorable feedback from customers. Responsive and experienced, Zco delivered a secure, high-quality product on time and stayed within their cost estimates, while their exceptional communication skills contributed to the positive experience.

I'm the VP of Administration at a manufacturing company. We manufacture swimming pool and spa filters.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

About five years ago, Zco built an iOS application for us and we wanted to update it to make sure it's compatible with the iPhone X. Since we also wanted to have an Android version, we decided to develop a hybrid mobile app that would work with both iOS and Android. We reached out to Zco and asked them to update the application they had developed previously.

The hybrid application they built was essentially a duplicate of our existing app in terms of functionality, but they changed the look of the app and added new graphics. When we noticed there were some issues with our initial version, they addressed those issues. I also asked them to turn off some database searches that I wasn't maintaining correctly.

The app is for swimming pool and spa professionals, but it has some free functions and can also be used by homeowners. It helps users find cartridge filters based on the size and the model. Users can enter different parameters in the search fields and the app determines relevant cartridges, creating a catalog. Also, users can set reminders for cleaning their filters and watch instructional videos.

In addition to managing the app development, they’re helping us redesign our website and update its content.

I primarily work with our project manager and one developer.

How did you come to work with them?

Originally, one of my other vendors referred me to Zco.

We've spent over $100,000. (This doesn't include the website redesign, which will be over $40,000.)

Our latest project began in December 2017 and we're still working with them.

The app is widely used in my industry. When I do trade shows, people come up to me and compliment me on the app. Zco delivered everything on time and made sure the app is secure and bug-free.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very upfront and responsive, explaining the process to me in a way I can understand. (I don't have an IT background, but they answer all of my questions.) We usually communicate via email, but initially, I talked to them on the phone to explain what exactly I needed. Sometimes, I send them emails at odd times and they respond almost immediately if it's within reasonable business hours. They also use Basecamp for project management.

I appreciate their response time and their willingness to work with my budget. They're very fair in their pricing.

No. I'm very satisfied with their work.

They're a great fit for anyone who needs to develop an app or a website, but doesn't have a background in IT. They're great communicators, so they’ll ask you many questions.

Overall Score They do high-quality work.
    They've never missed a deadline.
    They adhered to the cost estimates they had given me.
    They app is very attractive and gets positive feedback.
    I'd absolutely recommend them.

Mobile App Dev for Storybook Gaming Application

"It’s been fantastic working with like-minded individuals who understand my vision."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2018

Zco built an animated iOS app game that included dialogue, voice over and original music. They also provided marketing, SEO expertise, and promotional content for the app’s launch and subsequent performance.

Brooklyn, New York
Aliya LeeKong
Founder, ALK Ventures, LLC

Zco not only understood the vision for the app, but they helped shape it to be more robust and interactive. As a result of their forthcoming input and high-quality development, the app has received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from its market.

I’m a chef, author, and TV personality, as well as the founder and CEO of ALK Ventures.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

I hired them to help build my storybook/game app, Issa’s Edible Adventures, which surrounds a little girl named Issa who travels around the world to gather ingredients for her mom’s recipes.

I came to Zco with the app idea, and we worked together to develop the imagery. Initially, it was going to simply be a storybook concept, but after working on character development, design style, and the 3D and 2D animation, the app evolved into more of a game concept. Zco helped me develop three game episodes that center around three of my recipes. From there, we underwent a lot of crafting and editing the dialogue. We then did voice-overs and developed music for the app.

Zco has also been extremely helpful in launching and marketing the app. They submitted it to the App Store and created the promotional content for it. They’ve helped me with SEO as well, assisting in putting together keywords and phrases to boost the app’s ranking. They’ve also sent it to news outlets to help promote it.

Currently, the app is for iOS only, but we intend to create an Android version once I get more traction.

Kevin Morrow, the senior account manager of Zco, was my initial point of contact. During development, I worked closely with Don Austin, Zco’s Executive Vice President, who liaised with about two or three of their developers on my behalf. I also worked with Matt Henry, their creative media director, who handled the sound and video production.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I had a very specific vision of an animated concept, so in my search, I prioritized developers who were skilled in animation. I was also interested in a work-for-hire basis to ensure I owned the future assets.

I came across Zco, and they had incredible reviews. I spoke to the references they provided, and they raved about them. I also appreciated that, unlike a lot of other firms I spoke to, they didn’t have to get external graphic designers to create images for me and then attempt to manipulate it into an app. They have a very holistic approach. Last but not least, I loved their work, so it wasn’t a difficult decision.

We began working on the app in October 2016 and wrapped up development in early January 2018. The timeline was initially shorter, but as the scope of the project increased, so did the timeline. I didn’t have a strict deadline; I just wanted the product to be perfect. It took a bit longer than we thought, but I’m really happy with the end result.

Because we just launched, I don’t have any data to offer currently. I can say that the reception to the app has been great. People are extremely impressed with the product. I’ve especially received positive feedback from charter and private schools, where I’ve been able to demo the app as a teaching and enriching tool. Some museums have shown interested in the product, and I’ll be doing a demo at the New York Hall of Science soon.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is great. There was a lot of minutiae within the project, so we went back and forth a lot.I was able to reach someone on their team within a day. They work normal hours, so someone was always available to address my concerns within my eastern standard work hours. They’ve been great partners and I’m thankful I found them.

It’s been fantastic working with like-minded individuals who understand my vision and are dedicated to bringing it to life. They’re able to take your idea to the next level. I didn’t start with the same app I ended up with, and I’m really happy for that because I ultimately got a better product in the end.

I don’t have anything negative to say about them. They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to and were forthcoming throughout the process.

Don’t hesitate to work with Zco. They’re upfront about the cost, and they’ll deliver the best product.

Gold