World Class Products for the Startup age

"We are 23 designers, developers and growth hackersWe are small, ambitious and pretty hard working."

We are ranked among the top mobile app developers in India by GoodFirms and Silicon India.

Our founders have created multiple social initiatives like Headstart Network Foundation, Lean Startup Machine India, House of Genius Bangalore and Design Day (formerly Bangalore Designers) and are recognised as leaders in the areas of entrepreneurship, design and lean methodologies. Our engineers and designers are incredibly talented.

Some non standard things that are a part of every product we develop :-

• Analyitcs.
  • Non spammy system emails.
  • Keeping track of app crashes and proactively fixing them.
  • Greater speed by minimising images.
  • Better user acquisition by differed deep linking.
  • The most effective user acquisition strategy is through contextual search results.
  • Personal communication with initial set of users.

We have a very strong work ethic.

• 80% of our projects have been completed on or before time and
  • 40% of our customers have offered us a bonus, co-founder position, or equity without us asking.
  • 100% of the work we have done has been in budget.
  • 100% of our leads come as referrals from past clients or people we have worked with.

At Wow, we typically build 4 sophisticated consumer Internet and Mobile products every year. The company also invests in some of the startups we have helped build. Our management team sits on the board of 5 technology startups based out of Bangalore, Brisbane (Australia) and San Francisco.

Bangalore, India
  • Wow Labz
    #753 Shri Krishna Temple Road,
    Bangalore, KA 560038
    +91 98806 07050

We have worked with few Fortune 500 company, however the majority of our work lies in the startup space.

At Wow Labz, we love challenges that puts our mind at overdrive & this is pricisely why we work with interesting startups.

A few startups we have worked with are

• Retale
  • Mooshak
  • Reverie
  • Riffiti

We have also worked with a few larger firms such as

• Mara
  • UCSF

UCSF Adaptive Cognitive Evaluation

University of California San Francisco commissioned Wow Labz to design and develop an ipad application for one of its research wings. This app serves as a suite of tests to evaluate and research the cognitive abilities and limitations of human brain.

Reverie

Built an app comprising of a complete toolkit to allow users to read, type and access local language content.

Pragnya

An App where users can find the great works of our ancient Saints and Seers, great masters of music and the present torch bearers of our music, culture and heritage encompassing various world music influences in form of ebooks and music. Users can listen to the carefully crafted release as well as read Sanskrit and English Transliterations of some of our releases.

Riffiti

Riffiti is a new way of learning, where everyone learns from everyone. You open the app and it gives you a set of topics, or you can ask your own question. You pick a topic and record a short video on your phone explaining that concept or idea in 20 seconds in your own way. Others are doing the same on the same topic and everyone learns from this diverse set of responses.

Matchup Cricket

Wowlabz was commissioned to design an addictive game for Indian cricket fans. Matchup Cricket is a companion app for live cricket matches. A fantasy game where you can follow the cricket score live, predict score for the next ball and also challenge your friends in real time.

Farebucket

It’s a help for those who usually plan their trips last minute. Now no need to hassle because this portal gives you options to booking your ticket to deciding the food menu. It is more like a tourist guide which guides you throughout! It is an online travel booking portal which gives the user the freedom to customize their trip.

Mooshak

A social networking application for Indians and by Indians. It is a microblogging platform for public where the medium of usage is hindi. The user does not need to type in Hindi and instead can use the normal English keypad to type. And the text will automatically be converted to Hindi. The upcoming version of the App will be available in other Indians languages as well.

Retale

It’s a hyperlocal guide to fashion and lifestyle brands. It gives insights to the user about the latest trends and best deals offered by stores available in their area. From designer clothes to desserts it’s one stop for window shopping destination.

Skyrone

A sophisticated instant messaging app with a lot of powerful features non existent in any other chat applications worldwide.

Mobile App Development Projects for Psychology Professor

"They could work faster, but I'm happy with Wow Labz ' scale of work."

Wow Labz handled mobile app development projects, consisting of 12 different modules. It aims to capture data regarding the attention span and cognitive abilities of an individual.

1,001-5,000 Employees

San Francisco Bay Area
Associate Professor, UCSF

The project was a success and received positive feedback from the academia. Wow Labz further refined the app, with the hope of deploying it to millions of users in the future. Despite the need to improve their timeliness, they demonstrated the ability to tackle any technical challenge with eagerness.

I work at the University of California, San Francisco.

I am an assistant professor in the department of neurology and psychiatry, doing a lot of work which involves technologies like mobile applications, in order to study attention and ways of improving it.

What challenge were you trying to address with Wow Labz?

I needed development resources.

Whenever I have an idea for a given research study or something which I'm trying to assess, I will give directions to Wow Labz, working together with them in order to create an application.

Some projects take longer to finish than others, but I've reached project number 6 with Wow Labz at this point.

How did you come to work with Wow Labz?

Wow Labz was recommended by a colleague that I worked with a few years ago. I gave Wow Labz a shot on one project, and have been working with them ever since.

How much have you invested with Wow Labz?

My biggest project with Wow Labz had a cost of $30,000, while smaller ones were around $4,000.

I have been working with Wow Labz for 3 years. We have an ongoing relationship.

I worked on a project with Wow Labz, developing 12 different modules, or tasks, within one app. Individuals would interact with them in order to assess their cognitive control abilities. The project was completed successfully and we were able to capture data remotely from thousands of users, directly to our servers. We built the app through a grant from the National Institutes of Health.

The project led us to refine the app, making it more applicable to the research. Our hope is to be able to deploy it to millions of users in the very near future.

People in academia have been excited about the app. I've been asked hundreds of times to grant them access to it after only showcasing prototypes developed by Wow Labz.

How did Wow Labz perform from a project management standpoint?

For the most part, Wow Labz provided me quotes and got things done on time. They could work faster, but I'm happy with Wow Labz' scale of work.

What did you find most impressive about Wow Labz?

I've enjoyed working with Wow Labz. One of their founders is very excited about doing things for the greater good and working with people like myself in finding out how the brain works. Wow Labz values this and they like to have fun working.

Given that Wow Labz is in a different time zone, I appreciated their willingness to stay up late and allowing me to call them at any time of day, in case something's not working right.

Are there any areas Wow Labz could improve?

Wow Labz could improve their timeliness for certain things, but I understand that things will take longer than normal if the client changes their mind often.

Overall Score Wow Labz has a great group of people and I've really appreciated working with them. Anyone else will have the same positive experience.
    Delays weren't completely the fault of Wow Labz, but things weren't always as indicated.
    Wow Labz is outstanding in this respect.
    We have had to point out certain bugs to Wow Labz, which they didn't find on the first pass.
    I've already done it.

Application Development for Social Platform

"They are a reliable product partner in a very competitive environment."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Wow Labz handled the development of a mobile app for iOS and Android, and for the website as well. They provided several resources on a flexible basis.

San Francisco Bay Area
Founder, Social Platform

Wow Labz successfully delivered the mobile application within the allocated time. It received positive reviews from iOS and Android users for its user-friendly interface. The team displayed creativity, outstanding quality, and reliability.

My company offers a new kind of social engagement through short mobile video. Communities are formed around a certain topic, people ask questions by typing in, and replies are made through 20 second mobile video selfies. It's a more authentic experience formed through seeing a person speaking in their own words. We're based in Silicon Valley.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wow Labz?

I needed a team that I could completely rely on for taking an idea, or a paper design, and building it all the way through to the App Store. I am not a technical person. Better yet, my technical days are over.

When I initially discussed my idea with them, they were quite passionate about it. I eventually made them my long-term product partner. That means that they not only developed the actual mobile app for both Android and iOS, but they also developed the website, and worked on behind the scenes features.

I am responsible for funding, product strategy and vision, and user acquisition. They are responsible for everything product development related. Our product is strictly a mobile app.

How did you come to work with Wow Labz?

I've lived in Silicon Valley for almost 22 years and never really embraced the whole outsourcing idea. I come from the semiconductor/wireless world, and we don't consider outsourcing to be the marking of a good company. I was very skeptical and was trying to find out if I could put together a good team. I happened to mention this to the cover designer of a book I’d recently published, who worked in media. She told me she knew someone whom I could talk to. She put me in touch with the Wow Labz founder, Amit.

As skeptical as I am, I was impressed with what they've done. It took me three to four rounds of due diligence meetings to build up confidence in them.

This is confidential.

It's ongoing work; we have no plans to stop. We started working together in October, 2014.

Everyone who tested it said the app looks very good; it's very simple and easy to use. The app store and Google Play reviews from early users are overwhelmingly positive.

How did Wow Labz perform from a project management standpoint?

I am more than satisfied. The initial engagement was to get to the minimum viable product stage. They delivered within the allocated time. I liked that they gave me the first versions early on, so I was able to play around and get a few people to use it.

I was so impressed with the overall work of Wow Labz, that I extended the contract with them. They are a reliable product partner in a very competitive environment.

What distinguishes Wow Labz from other providers?

Even though I was born and raised in India, I kind of turned my back on it. I always thought that they're not good from a technical point of view, but I was very impressed with how creative, fast, and open-minded the people at Wow Labz are. They want to provide their ideas, and act like equal partners, which is what I want. What I don't like is people following a set of instructions, throwing them to the wall, and calling the job done. That is the opposite of these people. They display very mature thinking in regards to how you should approach a mobile app.

Is there anything Wow Labz could have improved or done differently?

Sometimes you have to be fast and nimble and not worry too much about respecting processes, but you do have to constantly enhance your testing capabilities. I feel that mobile apps are extremely competitive these days (the Android platform especially is very fragmented), and that we need to see more solid testing upfront, before it goes out. It's more of an observation than a complaint.

I just don’t want them to be too busy.