Mobile Apps | IoT | Startups

Vellgus is a software development company that creates complex business-driven solutions, with a focus on innovation and next generation technologies for business segments, startups and private clients.

Our goal is to provide solutions that put our clients a few steps ahead of everyone else. We achieve this by adopting advanced technologies in web and mobile development to real life applications that boost growth and increase efficiency.

We build custom B2B and B2C apps for a variety of industries and business domains including Startups, Healthcare, Agriculture, Logistics, E-Commerce, Real Estate, Education, Travel, Construction, Media, and FinTech.

2019
  • 1701 Hollis Street
    Halifax, NS B3J 3M8

OpenTennis Image

OpenTennis

Tennis Solutions LLC is a Florida based company with intend on doing business by developing and providing specialized tennis SaaS to customers in the USA and around the world.

Long Beach Bridge Image

Long Beach Bridge

The Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project Challenge

The company was challenged with the fact on how to keep drivers informed and how to provide them with traffic updates on the go and easy access to the latest news about the Bridge Replacement Project.

Solution

The LB Bridge app was synchronized with the official Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement project website and provides live traffic and detour maps

with current closure descriptions, text alerts, weekly audio reports in English and Spanish, photos, videos, access to tour sign-ups, and live webcams.
Raymond Group Image

Raymond Group

Corporate website for the sustainable construction company that provides high-quality services.

Onyx Source Center Image

Onyx Source Center

An international company in the hotel management and travel industry.

Website with vast menu structure and big amount of custom template pages that represents the scale of the company, brings clarity to the services and provides a clear overview.

MindZip Image

MindZip

Remember everything you learn! The art of learning and mastering skills as twice as fast.

Start up company which took a challenge to make important need of remembering knowledge into digital world and help people with smartphones to have best use of it.

Long Beach Bridge Image

Long Beach Bridge

The Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project Challenge

Solution

Raff Transportation Image

Raff Transportation

Raff Transportation - Logistics Company in New Jersey USA.

Mobile Apps |  IOT | Startups Image

Mobile Apps | IOT | Startups

Mobile Apps |  IOT | Startups

Mobile App Development for Recruitment Startup

"They are customer driven and very intelligent."

June 2020 - Ongoing

A recruitment startup wanted to develop a hybrid mobile app in React Native. They hired VELLGUS to take care of the backend, system, and in-app notifications.

Martin Fenner
Founder & CEO, 1 Click Job Ltd.

The Vellgus team is still working on the project and the app hasn't gone live yet. But the company is quite satisfied with the work done so far, as it has exceeded their expectations. The company appreciated how the team was able to put their app preferences into code and make it a reality.

I am the Founder of a startup recruiting app called 1 Click Job. We’re at an early stage.

For what projects/services did your company hire VELLGUS?

I wanted to develop a hybrid mobile app in React Native. The app was required to come with Back-end, System and in-app Notifications.

Goal was to create an app where job seekers could upload their resume and employers being able to identify the best fit among the pool of candidates. I had a clear idea what functionality I wanted in the app and based on their recommendations I opted for a hybrid app to reduce costs.

How did you select VELLGUS?

A friend of mine recommended Vellgus to me and I decided to take a chance. Upon initial discussions I felt comfortable proceeding with them.

They started working on the MVP by creating a solid architecture back-end that we could build on. Next, they moved on to more dynamic tasks that involved a combination of front- and back-end development and other dev-ops skills.

They are now working on some tasks that weren't in the initial requirements and I am happy about that, as the app now is a lot better than planned for this stage.

Two developers, one business analyst, one project manager, and one UI/UX designer.

What I have got until now is better than I was expecting. I am impressed how this team put into code my app preferences. They are still working on the project and I am excited to see the outcomes.

The project manager I was assigned is doing a really good job on keeping me posted. We constantly communicate on Slack and use Asana for the project management overview.

They are customer driven and very intelligent. Will always give you recommendations and maintain professionalism. Their speed and approach is extremely effective.

None for now.

Overall Score Very satisfied
    No issues.
    Within the budget and even a discount was made.
    Exactly what I was looking for.
    Definitely

Web App Platform for Therapeutic Services Provider

"The developers were very technically capable and professional."

May - Sept. 2020

VELLGUS provided custom software solutions for a therapeutic services provider. The team created a customer login portal and dashboard for the client's existing paltform.

Provo, Utah
Chief Executive Officer, Aspen Therapy

VELLGUS was able to complete the project successfully. The client was satisfied with the new implementations. The team provided great communications using various messaging applications and platforms throughout the engagement.

I'm the founder and CEO of Aspen Therapy with mission to provide the highest standard of therapeutic services.

For what projects/services did your company hire VELLGUS, and what were your goals?

We hired Vellgus to develop a customer login portal and dashboard for our platform.

How did you select VELLGUS and what were the deciding factors?

By private recommendation.

Describe the scope of work in detail, including the project steps, key deliverables, and technologies used.

A small discovery phase was done before proceeding into development. This helped us to reduce some costs and make some improvements along the way.

How many people from the vendor's team worked with you, and what were their positions?

We started with one developer and a project manager, and additional resources were later allocated to address platform-specific improvements.

Can you share any measurable outcomes of the project or general feedback about the deliverables?

The job was completed to our full satisfaction. We will work on platform improvements.

Describe their project management style, including communication tools and timelines.

The team did a great job communicating. We used Slack and Zoom for meetings.

What did you find most impressive or unique about this company?

The developers were very technically capable and professional.

Are there any areas for improvement or something they could have done differently?

Nothing special that I have currently in mind

Overall Score 5 from 5
    They provide high-quality coding.
    I would recommend them, for sure

Website Design for Trucking Company

"Vellgus team had no issues with deadlines."

Oct. - Nov. 2019

Vellgus provided website design. Their team added unique motion effects and optimized search engine results.

Cristian Vlas
Owner, Raff Transportation

Vellgus built a great website that impressed stakeholders. They hit all deadlines and had smooth communication. They were transparent.

I am the owner of Raff Transportation, a trucking company based in New York, USA.

For what projects/services did your company hire Vellgus?

I hired Vellgus team to help me with the development and design of the website from scratch.

My goal for this project was to develop a website with plenty of motions and clean design at the same time. I wanted a fully responsive website professionally looking with appropriate color combination.

I decided to work with Vellgus team as they provided me with a detailed quote for a few options viable for my project.

I wanted a website fully responsive, with unique motion effects that would work and engage the user on any device, so I provided the project manager with the content and a few examples similar to what I wanted.

During the project, I had a project manager assigned (Reli) and she has been able to take care of all project details and my preferences regarding it. She was great at keeping me constantly updated.

The project took couple of weeks, and since then everyone, including my clients, who gets on my website is impressed by the motions and effects applied. Website is easy to navigate and has a clear message, exactly the way I wanted it. The SEO was well done as well, and is findable in google search.

Vellgus team had no issues with deadlines, we had smooth and effective communication with the project manager. Our communications were mainly in Slack and over the phone.

I really enjoyed Vellgus approach and transparency with clients. Although, I was tight in budget for this project I received a good product.

I do not think there should be something to be improved.

Overall Score Impressive work
    Easy to work with them
    Within my budget
    Unique design and motions
    Definitely

Web Platform Dev for Diet & Nutrition Company

"We liked their approach during the discovery phase, which provided us with a prototype of the platform."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

Vellgus is helping develop a custom platform for a diet and nutrition company. They developed the MVP and are working towards completion.

Natalie Kaia
CEO, Diet & Nutrition Clinic

As they finish up the project, Vellgis built a successful MVP. Despite the pandemic, they've communicated effectively over Slack. Their approach was successful and it helped the client add new features and make changes easily during the layout.

I am the CEO of a diet and nutrition clinic based in UK.

For what projects/services did your company hire Vellgus?

Vellgus team has helped me to develop a custom nutrition platform.

We needed a platform where the patient could get in touch with their Dietitian via video consultations and with the feature of monitoring patient progress.

We found them by surfing Clutch directory. After reaching out to multiple companies we decided to proceed with Vellgus.

Initially we went through a discovery phase that really helped us to reflect and prioritize the platform functionality.

Until now to our project were assigned 4 people, including the Project Manager.

Since the project started we have biweekly kickoff meetings and so far everything goes smooth. They have already developed the MVP and now are working towards the project completion .

Although everyone is currently working remotely because of Covid-19, communication is great and is mainly done by Zoom and Slack.

We liked their approach during the discovery phase, which provided us with a prototype of the platform. This helped us to add new features and make some changes in the layout.

There is nothing I could think about.

Overall Score Everything is delightfull and great working with them.
    Scheduling was great, timelines are met
    As per any other custom project the cost will always be accordingly
    Impressive work and effective team
    I would definitely refer them