Tampa Mobile App Developer Studio

At Type 2 Designs, everything we do begins with design in mind. From branding your product to creating a stunning visual advertisement — good design is the mastery of putting form and content together.

Headquarters
  • Type 2 Designs
    2808 34th Street North
    Tampa, FL 33605
    813.398.9732

App Design and Ideation for Veterinarian

"Type 2 Designs is very nice to work with, and they're never condescending... They have a great team. I love their innovative ideas."

The client is an entrepreneur and veterinarian. The client was looking for a team that could help create the foundation for her application idea, an app that would be used by veterinarian's clients to track pet medication and appointments. This client decided to partner with Type 2 Designs for app design and ideation due to a personal recommendation.

Monica Mobilio
Entrepreneur, Veterinarian

This client is very satisfied with their partnership with Type 2 Designs. This client highly recommends Type 2 Designs for their innovative ideas and comforting communication.

Well Pet is an app design that Type 2 Designs, and I came up with, the core of the idea is mine, but many of the app features are their contribution. I presented an idea to them. They elaborated on my idea, and we came up with the Well Pet app. The whole idea is that it's a veterinarian application for clients to keep in touch with their pet's medications and appointments.

I'm a veterinarian.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Type 2 Designs?

I'm a vet and needed technical expertise to execute on the idea.

The app doesn't exist yet. I'm still in the phase of trying to generate the money to build the application and in the pitch-proposal process.

How did you come to work with Type 2 Designs?

A client of mine told me she was working on an app, so she referred me to Type 2 Designs. I didn't look anywhere else. This field is very new to me, so I didn't know where to start. I figured a client recommendation was good enough for me.

For the idea development, it was $1,500, and for my pitch proposal and executive summary, it was $10,000.

Not yet. I'm trying to team up with a colleague of mine who is an expert in the technology and veterinary world.

What distinguishes Type 2 Designs from other providers?

This whole sector of technology, software, development – anything in regards to this field is completely new to me. Type 2 Designs is very nice to work with, and they're never condescending. They never make me feel silly when I ask them questions. That's very comforting. They have a great team. I love their innovative ideas. I really liked working with them.

Is there anything Type 2 Designs could have improved or done differently?

I was a little confused in regard to what the end product was that they would deliver to me, but that was just a misunderstanding on my part and everything's fine now.

They were good with that.
    They were spot on.

Website Design and Lead Generation for Distribution Company

"On first thought, what stands out is that the guys at Type 2 were laid back. They have a cool team...I felt a good vibe working with them."

The client is Pepin Distributing Company, a beer distributor based in Tampa, Florida. The client was in need of a website redesign to help better convert potential buyers or viewers of their website into clients. This client prefers to work with local vendors, in addition to being located in Tampa, this client felt that Type 2 Designs had a strong creative presence.

Oytun Tutuncu
Marketing Manager, Pepin Distributing Company

The client is extremely satisfied with their web design project with Type 2 Designs. This client highly recommends Type 2 Designs for their laid-back and creative team.

Pepin Distributing Company is a beer distributor in Tampa, Florida.

I'm the interactive marketing manager. I oversee anything that deals with digital or consumer engagement and event activations.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Type 2 Designs?

Type 2 Designs helped us create a site that was up to date, contemporary, had a responsive design, and that was more B2C [business-to-consumer] focused rather than B2B [business to business].

Type 2 provided web design, content for our site, and helped us to use website analytics to identify where the traffic is being directed and how we can optimize our site for users. We made changes keeping in mind the clicks and where the traffic is coming from.

How did you come to work with Type 2 Designs?

We looked through a few agencies before we hired Type 2 Designs and hired them for a few reasons. One of the things was that they were local. We're big in the community and helping local businesses was a big thing for us. We don't like doing things out of Tampa unless we have to. They have a creative team. Even though they were local and a bit smaller, they had the resources and capability to do the work that an agency on a national scale would be able to do.

This project was in the bucket of $10,000 to $50,000.

There are 700 wholesalers in the nation and among them, we've been awarded accolades on our digital capabilities and recognized in the industry. We have had other wholesalers reach out and ask who built our site and wanted Type 2's information.

What distinguishes Type 2 Designs from other providers?

On first thought, what stands out is that the guys at Type 2 were laid back. They have a cool team. Geeky makes it fun. One of the funny things is they're into coffee and espresso and "Star Wars" and all this fun stuff that tech people like. Me, being a "techy" guy as well, I felt a good vibe working with them.

Is there anything Type 2 Designs could have improved or done differently?

Sometimes the response rate could be faster, but that's a critique of the industry as a whole.

App Development for Engineering Firm

"The Type 2 Designs’ team was really responsive. We had a tight deadline and they worked hard to get it done. We really only had a few weeks and that’s pretty quick to get an app out."

The client is CH2M, a civil engineering firm located in Tampa, Florida. The client was in need of a partner that could help their team build an app that would help communicate with clients and help with public relations. This client decided to partner with Type 2 Designs because of their interest in the project as well as the fact that they were also located in Tampa.

Jennifer McManus
Project Consultant, CH2M

The client is extremely satisfied with their partnership with Type 2 Designs. This client highly recommends Type 2 for their commitment to quick turnaround deadlines.

CH2M is an engineering firm. We design and build all kinds of projects throughout the world, which include environmental, transportation, and water type projects.

I’m a project consultant within the business.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Type 2 Designs?

We had a tool that we used to use for public relations. It was created using a paper-based system but with everything being digital now, we decided to try and see if we could do it as an app.

We used Type 2 designs to develop an iOS and Android app and put it out on the respective stores.

How did you come to work with Type 2 Designs?

I got three bids, and Type 2 design was the only local company that I looked at. That was one of the deciding factors because they were local and we could meet and talk often. Also, they seemed very excited to get the work, and wanted to be active in creating and giving us what we needed.

The whole project was under $10,000.

It’s a pretty specialized app and only people that are interested in our company’s product would be interested in it. However, our customers are very happy to get it on their phone, versus a paper wheel, because they can take it wherever they go. Type 2 designs helped us achieved what we wanted.

What distinguishes Type 2 Designs from other providers?

The Type 2 Designs’ team was really responsive. We had a tight deadline and they worked hard to get it done. We really only had a few weeks and that’s pretty quick to get an app out. They worked night and day to get it done. They had creative ideas and we were happy with them.

Is there anything Type 2 Designs could have improved or done differently?

I don’t really have anything to say. They were great to work with. They worked hard and they did it with a smile.

Overall Score I think we worked really well together.
    For what they did, they gave us a better price than the other companies I looked at.
    That’s because of the hurried timetable, and there were some mistakes, but we caught them. That’s partially my fault and not theirs.