A design agency with a brand-first mentality.

Gold

From research and analysis, to naming and positioning, to design and development, we help our clients successfully navigate the process of launching a new product or brand. And while our focus will always be on the power of design to connect people and products, it’s the strategic insights and expertise behind each project that truly magnify the results for our clients.

2005
San Diego, CA
  • 10680 Treena Street, Suite 520
    San Diego, CA 92131

Microsoft, UCSD, Facebook, PR Bar, Ballast Point Brewing Company

Office 365 SharePoint Dev & Communication for Tech Company

“They were conscientious of the changes they made and how they delivered them, which was key to the site’s success.”

May 2015 - Ongoing

Traina Design provides design and publishing services. They have worked in Outlook file template, PDF, Azure, WordPress, and Office 365 SharePoint site. Services include rebranding and feedback collection.

Seattle, Washington
Technical Communication Manager, Software Company

Traina Design has boosted site traction and visibility by making the service and brand more consistent and relevant. They are an engaging partner that provides exceptional, cost-effective service and measurable results. They coordinate our teams and manage the project astutely.

I’m the technical communications manager at a software company. I publish technical communications for the engineering organizations that I belong to.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

I lost my designer and needed to find a new vendor. I hired Traina Design to assist with design and publishing.

When we began working together, I distributed my technical articles in an email using an Outlook file template (OFT), with codebase in it. Traina Design helped deliver that communication vehicle with the associated codebase from a design perspective. They continued to work with me as I transitioned to PDF.

Traina Design provided engineering and design insights to develop an Azure and WordPress solution. They then moved the designs into a new Office 365 SharePoint site, where they published all of my articles. The team spent eighteen months gathering end-user feedback and determining what functionalities users wanted to be able to leverage from the site. They have built many of these functionalities and continue to create more.

Last year, I had to quickly evolve the site when I joined a new team within my organization. Traina Design helped rebrand the site and design a larger initiative around modern engineering. We just launched the new site in February 2019. Currently, Traina Design helps publish my technical communications bi-weekly. They are collecting user feedback so that we can complete design updates and site revisions in a few months.

I work with Jeselyn (Senior Account Manager, Traina Design) and a designer.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

Another team at my company recommended them. I contacted David (President, Traina Design) and created a statement of work (SOW).

My company spends $75,000 annually.

We started working together in May 2015, and the work is ongoing.

Since Traina Design launched the new site in February, our site traction has increased. When we publish new articles, there is a massive influx of users to the site. We have brought a very consistent service and brand to our engineering community. Our visibility at the executive level has also increased.

While rebranding the site, Traina Design kept our audience engaged by integrating user feedback. The team made necessary revisions and updates in coordination with our product group. They were conscientious of the changes they made and how they delivered them, which was vital to the site’s success. They’ve played a critical role in modernizing this service and keeping it relevant and versatile over time.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is excellent. Our teams communicate frequently via phone and email. We use internal SharePoint and team sites that we post shared working documents on, which keeps our team members engaged in a centralized location.

Traina Design’s customer service stands out the most to me. They are as committed to my customer base as I am. Their team strives to understand our business, and they are engaging with key stakeholders and end users. Traina Design is a reliable extension of everything I’m doing.

Also, our budget is very strict because my part of the company is not revenue-generating. Traina Design helps determine when we should put money toward publishing versus revision. Their optimization of our budget year after year distinguishes them as a true partner.

No, not at the moment. My internal management has commended our significant progress. We will continue on the path we are on.

Make sure you have a problem you want solved and clear objectives.

Overall Score Our continuing partnership speaks for itself.
    They’re diligent about setting clear initiatives and quickly updating them when necessary.
    Traina Design helps with budget allocation.
    We’ve been able to meet all of the expectations of my leadership and our customer base.
    I’ve recommended them whenever I’ve had the opportunity.

Video Production & Branding for Medical Device Company

“They were always willing to meet and go over details, and they truly understood what we were trying to accomplish.”

Feb - May 2018

Traina Design supported a medical device company for a product instructions project. They set up video and voiceover materials and devised creative options to present them in a user-friendly way.

1,000 - 5,000 Employees

Carlsbad, California
Arturo Garcia
Product Manager, ResMed

The final commercial release has yet to launch, but Traina Design has provided everything that is needed and will participate in future phases. They are communicative and clear, and their welcoming, responsive manner is easy to work with.

I’m a product manager for a medical device company. Our branch manages a portfolio of products for the United States and Canada, and we have international branches that serve other regions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

We started a pilot program to instruct users and patients on product setup. We wanted interesting new ways to outline the usage instructions that was more in keeping with other products on the market. We have a large marketing team, but wanted someone with more experience and a fresh perspective.

We had a face to face meeting and talked about our goals and what we hoped to solve. We gave them the specific product, and they tested the user experience before delivering creative ways to present the instructions.

We went over several iterations of the piece we built internally, and they gave us a few options to choose from. They created a video segment with the help of a secondary recording studio and videographer. They booked all the necessary resources, and we did the voiceover portion one day and the video shoot the second day. It was a fun experience, and was exactly what we needed for this piece.

We had two primary points of contact for the duration of the project, but we met with other individuals for the voiceover and video pieces.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

Our internal marketing team works with several outside agencies and recommended Traina as a good fit for this project. We met with them and decided they were a perfect match for our needs.

We spent around $35,000 for this project. We’ve worked on several other projects, so I don’t have the exact numbers for our total investment.

This particular project ran from February–May 2018.

They provided exactly what we were looking for, and they sent us all the source files along with the final product. They knew we would continue to pilot and test the product, and we have the option to make revisions ourselves. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the video received good feedback. People really like the assets they provided, and while we haven’t launched this project yet, everyone is very happy with the process. I have no reservations about bringing them back for round two of development.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very clear with expectations, and we always knew how long things would take. They were great communicators, and we met or spoke as often as we needed. We spoke over the phone or email, and they didn’t hesitate to reach out and ask questions or get our feedback. I always felt up-to-date.

Their positive attitude, creative thinking, and their great communication are my three favorite things about them. They connected with us, were very welcoming, and the caliber of assets they found was impressive.

They were fantastic to work with, both responsive and professional. They were always willing to meet and go over details, and they truly understood what we were trying to accomplish. In the end, we went a little over time and over budget, but are looking forward to working with them again.

I’m extremely happy with their performance and don’t have any negative feedback or criticism for them.

Clearly outline your expectations. They’re very easy to work with.

Overall Score I want to continue working with them and would recommend them to anybody. They’re fantastic.
    The project took a little longer than we expected, but they were still very near perfect.
    Their prices were in line with what we expected. They stayed within our budget, and there were no surprises.
    Everything they created was extremely professional, and they gave us everything we asked for.
    I look forward to working with them again; they’re a good partner.

WordPress Web Redesign for Brewing Company

“They’re among the top agencies I’ve worked with throughout my career.”

Jan. - Aug. 2018

Traina Design completely redesigned a WordPress website. They collaborated with an internal team to develop a captivating frontend interface. The site features new visuals and is responsive on mobile devices.

201- 500 Employees

Dylan Jones
Creative Director, Ballast Point Brewing Co.

Traina Design successfully revamped an outdated website. Their designers created a distinct UI/UX that communicates an established brand identity. Users appreciate the site’s unique and polished presentation. A highly skilled team meets deadlines and consistently performs above expectations.

I’m the creative director at Ballast Point Brewing. We’re an internationally recognized leader in the craft brewing and spirits industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

We needed to revamp our website. It utilized dated technology, and we felt that the interface didn’t adequately communicate our company’s culture.

Traina Design redesigned our entire Wordpress website. The engagement began with a consultation meeting where we provided them with a minimal creative brief. They’re experts in the digital space, so we didn’t want to restrict them in any way. They asked a lot of follow-up questions to fully understand what we wanted to accomplish. Their team gave us feedback regarding our boundaries as a brand, and how we could evolve specific elements.

They created some initial wireframes. We went back and forth on the early designs considering the complicated nature of the website. We decided to both remove some content and make new additions. After the first round of iteration, their deliverables resonated with us. We didn’t have a lot of significant changes to make beyond that point. Their remaining efforts involved polishing what they had already delivered.

Although we interacted with five different people, most of the work was split between the account director, a creative director, and a developer.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

We initiated a vetting process and sent out proposals to several agencies. Out of all the ones we interviewed, we unanimously decided that Traina Design was the best fit. They were eager to partner with us as well, so we hired them.

We spent over $175,000.

We worked with them on this project from January–August 2018.

The old website was more like a catalog of our beers. The new design gives people a good sense of who we are and what we value. We’ve heard rave reviews about the website’s improved design. From an internal standpoint, the entire staff was elated when the update finally happened. The old site wasn’t optimized for mobile use, so even changes like that have made a massive difference in how our customers interact with the brand.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re well-organized and capable of adhering to a strict schedule. Whenever we owed them something, they’d politely remind us so that the project kept moving forward. We were in touch regularly, and they’d send us progress reports every couple of weeks. Towards the end, we were communicating multiple times a week to get everything fine-tuned and ready to roll. They were amazing.

They’re an immensely talented group of people. We’ve had them do some follow-up work for us involving social media, and their creative strategy team excelled in that area as well. I could lean on them for anything and would probably get good results. I have a lot of confidence in Traina Design across the board. I’d love to work with them in the future.

No. They’ve handled each project with us like superstars.

I don’t necessarily have advice, but I’d say that customers are in good hands with Traina Design.

Overall Score I’m trying to find more opportunities to work with them.
    They’re both flexible and highly organized.
    Their price estimates are reasonable.
    Everything they’ve delivered to us has exceeded expectations.
    They’re among the top agencies I’ve worked with throughout my career.

Drupal to WordPress Web Redesign for Research Company

“Their dedication to us as a client is obvious. I feel like we’re important to them, and that’s awesome.”

Jan. - July 2018

Traina Design rebuilt a website, switching from Drupal to WordPress. Working off of a detailed sitemap, they updated the site with new content, revamped the visuals, and implemented a fluid frontend interface.

Novato, California
Chloe Caviness
Communications Manager, Buck Institute for Research on Aging

Site visitors have commended the platform’s newly refined appearance. Its attractive layout coupled with a compelling call-to-action page have increased donations and earned more email list subscribers. Though Traina Design could have used more project management tools, their work generated value.

I’m the communications manager for The Buck Institute for Research on Aging. We’re an independent biomedical research institute devoted to researching the aging process and age-related disease.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

Our website was antiquated, congested, and not representative of our institute. We needed a professional design agency to overhaul our site entirely.

Traina Design took our outdated Drupal website and rebuilt it using WordPress. They developed an effective call-to-action on our support page to increase the number of online donations we receive. We provided a high-level sitemap. Because of that, their team quickly understood the project’s overall goal, but much of the content details weren’t considered until later.

We initially interacted with David (Founder, Traina Design) who oversaw the project. After that, Jes (Senior Account Manager, Traina Design) was our primary contact. However, I was also in touch with Leo (Interactive Design Director, Traina Design) and Brian (Lead Web Developer, Traina Design).

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

We put together an RFP and sent it out to several design firms known for their work in the scientific research and education field. We narrowed the applicants down to two firms and had the final candidates send us examples of their work. Our internal committee took a vote and selected Traina Design. Their previous work included a website that we felt resembled the best possible version of what our site should look like.

We spent roughly $100,000–$200,000.

The majority of the site development lasted from January–July 2018. They're still working with us to provide ongoing support.

The new website launched in July 2018 and has received a lot of compliments from users. That’s to be expected considering the redesign is beautiful, elegant, clean, and easy to navigate. We’ve already received 30% more donations through our current support page than on the previous site. Now that the site features a real call-to-action, a ton of people join our mailing list each day.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Traina Design hasn’t implemented a system to manage requests or tasks. Instead, we email each other back and forth without a project management tool. This process is hectic at times as there isn’t a method of documentation visible to both sides. However, Jes never lets things fall through the cracks. We communicate with her several times a week. She’s extremely attentive, responsive, and a proactive participant in the project. I can count on her.

Their dedication to us as a client is obvious. I feel like we’re important to them, and that’s awesome. They’re great to work with and we’re pleased with how they stuck to the project timeline.

A project management tool would’ve helped a lot. We tried to use Google Docs, but that wasn’t effective. Things became quite stressful nearing the site’s launch. More granular content details could have been addressed upfront. As a result, the site is gorgeous, but we struggled to catch up near the end.

Clients should be proactive in asking the right questions to prevent future project difficulties.

Creative Branding & Designs for BioTech Company

“Their creativity is stellar and they have great strategic ideas.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Traina Design provided creative marketing concepts for a biotechnology company. They designed visual stories, product names, taglines, and copy to support a new global initiative.

Carlsbad, California
Carrie Keller
Senior Global Marketing Development Manager, Thermo Fisher Scientific

Feedback is positive. The program has been nominated for awards and stands out among other market strategies. Traina is accessible, quick to respond, and engaged. They provide good quality and are conscientious of budgetary restrictions.

I work for a biotechnology company as the global market development manager. I represent our molecular biology products and am the program lead for a very large marketing program.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

At the end of last year, I was tasked with formulating a new and creative way to tell the story of our polymerase chain reaction (PCR) product line. This portfolio includes several molecular biology products for scientific and cancer research. I needed a company to help design the creative elements. We needed visuals for our marketing program before launching a new global marketing strategy.

We sent them a brief of what we wanted and they met with our program manager. A month after a really successful intake call, they came back with three good concepts. Each one told a holistic story through visuals and tie-ins to our marketing channels. They came up with potential product giveaways and a nice portfolio.

We make premium PCR products that give customers first-class results, so we tied the concept to airline terminology. They ran with the theme and named the product Amplifly. They really understood that PCR science is all about amplification, which worked perfectly with the theme. We have a product line that provides everything a researcher needs. There are solutions that address the entire PCR workflow.

They provided copy, placement ideas, and all the visuals and imagery. They also came up with flight related slogans and more thematic tie-ins.

We interact with four team members directly and I’m sure there are others working behind the scenes. We spoke at least two or three times a week by email or phone at the beginning when we had very tight timelines. Now that we have a rhythm, we chat once a week or every two weeks.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

We do marketing through several of our different business units. We work with multiple agencies, and we often ask them to submit competing proposals for projects. Other business units within our company worked with Traina in the past and recommended them.

We submitted a 12-page brief to three agencies and asked each to come up with ideas. Traina presented some very strong options and emerged as the clear leader. We gave them a more specific prompt that they adapted to fit the campaign. They came back with exactly what we were looking for.

We’ve invested at least $100,000.

We started working together in November 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

We’ve had a lot of good feedback already and have been nominated for several awards for this program. The creativity and the engagement were exactly what we asked for and they prioritized my sales team. I wanted the sales division to get excited about the product and talk about it in front of customers. We had several global events, including in North and Central America, Asia, and other regions. The visuals are amazing and the giveaways are exciting. Traina helped with all of that as well as the concept. The strategy is a huge success and was very well received in our business meeting. We had 20 different business units at that meeting and Amplifly was the most creative rotation.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They do extremely well. They’re accessible and quick to respond. They ask for deadlines ahead of time and are almost always able to meet them. When they can’t, they let us know and we come up with good alternatives. They work closely with me and send regular status updates.

They produce quality work in a short amount of time and help us stay within our budget. Their creativity is stellar and they have great strategic ideas. They’re always willing to offer their services.

They use a lot of stock imagery. They make it look amazing, but we wonder if they could work more from scratch. It would be good for them to be clearer about their limitations there. Otherwise, I can’t say anything negative about them. They’re very good at what they do.

Be very clear about what you want, your schedule, and your budget. If you give them all those points, their delivery will be flawless.

Overall Score They’re phenomenal and a pleasure to work with.
    They’re always on time and will work into the night to meet our deadlines.
    They’re very good at giving us what we need and working within our budget.
    They deliver good work. We would love to see more technological advances and fully original imagery.
    I’ve referred them to several colleagues.

Print Design & Branding for University

“They quickly understood our goals and managed to effectively translate them into high-level design.”

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Traina Design worked collaboratively to redesign a university magazine in line with a recent rebrand. They also provided a template for the magazine that facilitates the creation of future editions.

Chris Hazell
Content Strategy Manager, Point Loma Nazarene University

A collaborative approach and an emphasis on understanding the university’s vision yielded high-quality designs that aligned well with the new brand. Readers have provided positive feedback on the updated layout and overall aesthetic. Traina encouraged open communication throughout the engagement.

I’m the content strategy manager and the editor of the Viewpoint Online at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, CA. The Viewpoint is our university magazine.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

We were looking to redesign the print edition of the Viewpoint, which comes out three times a year. We had recently redesigned all of our university materials, and the magazine needed to align with the updated brand. We also wanted to enhance the academic reputation of the university through strong design.

We started with several kickoff meetings to discuss our brand guidelines and present our vision for the magazine. These meetings involved our marketing/creative services team, as well as several stakeholders on campus. After exchanging ideas with us, they came back with two concepts for the overall design. We provided feedback and eventually chose one of the designs to move forward with. We started working with them in populating their designs with content and they worked to create a final product design within about four months.

In terms of specifics, they designed five new features in line with photography and content that we provided. When we needed stock photos or illustrations, they would provide those as well. Their editorial feature design was very strong. Also, in redesigning the magazine, they needed to provide a template that we could use for future issues. This included placement, fonts, styles, color schemes, spacing, bordering, etc. They made sure to leave room that allows us creative freedom in altering/adding to the designs in moving forward.

We worked with a principal designer, a project manager, and the company’s creative director. Their CEO was also occasionally involved throughout the project.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

We researched a variety of design agencies, both local and out-of-state. After narrowing down our options to about five agencies based on their portfolios, we decided that Traina would be the best fit for our brand. They were local and they had solid experience with editorial design work, including with University of California San Diego. When we met with them initially, they seemed easy to work with and very excited about our project.

We invested about $25,000 total.

We started working together in November 2017 and finished the redesign in March 2018.

We’ve gotten significant positive feedback from readers via email and in person, often highlighting the modern design and overall organization. It does a great job at accurately representing the university.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

I was very impressed by their project management skills. They promptly addressed any questions or concerns that came up. It was very easy to work with them throughout the process. We had five or six meetings in person or via Skype, and I would communicate with them about once a week via email.

No, nothing comes to mind. We really enjoyed working with them. They were always open to discussion and took a very professional approach to considering and incorporating any critical feedback that we provided.

It’s important to communicate with them and make sure they understand your business and your brand identity. It will elevate their quality of work and allow them to reflect your vision in the project. Also, don’t be afraid to push them in providing substantive feedback. Work with them collaboratively and avoid the typical hands-off, client-agency relationship.

Apart from a few minor deadline shifts, we had no issues at all.
    The cost was well worth the services they provided.
    We were very happy with the quality of their designs.

WordPress Web Design & Branding for University

“Their contemporary designs are a substantial improvement on previous iterations[…]”

June 2015 - Ongoing

Traina Design oversaw a complete rebrand of a university alumni magazine and redesigned the accompanying website. They currently oversee design for each issue on an ongoing basis.

5,000-10,000 Employees

Editor-in-Chief, University

The Traina team worked collaboratively to understand the client’s goals and reflect them in product/site design. The work they’ve done has been well received across audiences. Innovative ideation and effective execution have been key in a successful long-term relationship.

I’m the editor in chief for a university alumni magazine.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

We engaged them several years ago to overhaul the magazine’s design and overall brand identity. We had worked with designers in the past, but we were looking for an agency that could fully understand our goals for the magazine and redesign it accordingly.

We started with exploratory meetings and drafted a template for the magazine. We went through several versions of the layout and after a few rounds of revisions, we settled on a design for the site and the magazine itself. They decided on a WordPress template and customized it according to our preferences. However, the engagement was primarily focused on the print magazine.

We usually interacted with our account manager and lead designer. David (President, Traina Design) would occasionally offer his perspective during meetings as well.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

They were referred to us internally. I interviewed several designers and out of the three we were considering, Traina was by far the best option for this project.

We paid $50,000 for the initial rebrand and now pay $36,000 per issue, so about $100,000 per year.

We started working together in June 2015, and the engagement is ongoing.

The work that they’ve done has been very well received. Their contemporary designs are a substantial improvement on previous iterations, and they suit the university well.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very effective in keeping us on task without being pushful. We communicate about twice a month when we’re early on in an issue cycle, but recently it’s been several times a day as we prepare to release another issue.

We’re very impressed by their ability to brainstorm and execute on innovative ideas.

We’d love to see second-round work on the first round, but that’s all part of the process.

No advice necessary. You can trust them to do the job; they know what they’re doing.

They’re flexible and they’ve never missed a deadline.
    Some easy edits are missed on the first round, but the final deliverables are always great.

Multiple Branding & Digital Projects for Software Company

"The quality of their work is often superior to other vendors' work."

2005 - Ongoing

Traina Design offers services in branding, video production, animation production, web design and development, messaging, and event design and production. They also create end to end messaging using Sway.

Seattle, Washington
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Software Company

They are creative, trustworthy, and transparent. They offer new approaches to solve challenges, and their work receives high satisfaction scores from employees. The quality of their work is incomparable. They invest the time needed to build a successful, ongoing relationship with their partners.

I’m the communications manager for the IT department of a Fortune 100 company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

We needed to contract out our branding work in addition to messaging work and other services.

They do ongoing work for us and have been a digital partner for the past 13 years. Our work process typically starts with a meeting between our account person, David (President, Traina Design), and myself. We talk about our immediate needs and desired outcomes. We brainstorm where the company’s gaps are and what we're trying to accomplish with a project. I also share any existing materials that we have such as creative ideas in the form of existing digital assets or messaging. They'll come back with a draft of our chosen project, and then we'll brainstorm different creative executions. After we review our decisions, we decide on a budget, timeline, and specific deliverables.

They have also helped create the look and feel of events for us. They have done this by crafting online pieces, structuring lead-ups, making PowerPoint presentations, or creating 3D experiential installations for the event. They've done online work such as developing targeted websites for internal or external customers. They've also completed messaging work around our business culture, which we use for online and printed assets. They’ve done fabulous animation work for us in addition to end to end messaging using Sway.

My main contacts are David and Jes (Account Manager, Traina). David handles our creative work, but they bring in additional team members depending on the project.

How did you come to work with Traina Design?

David worked for another agency that we worked with, but he left that agency to form Triana Design. We decided to continue working with him because he had been with us so long that they know the ins and outs of our business, so we avoided the learning curve that we would have with another agency.

We often speak to other creative resources about projects, and we use other creative resources if that's the best choice for a project. However, I would say nine and a half times out of ten, Traina is my preference.

We started working with them in 2005, and our work is ongoing.

Our satisfaction scores have increased in terms of internal employee engagement. We get feedback all the time on the quality of their work and how our employees can reuse it. For instance, they produced a series of animations for me last year that many of our product groups are now using externally with customers because they effectively communicate the story and basic problem for our customers and employees. We have other product groups that want to use the assets they produce because of their high quality.

How did Traina Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate three to four times a week and mainly communicate via email or phone, but we also use Skype. Overall, they’re outstanding to work with. They nudge me when I need to be nudged, and they leave me alone when I need to be left alone. They invest time to build an ongoing relationship and get to know the business so that they can bring something to the table instead of just taking orders.

They use creative ways to approach communication problems. If I have a challenge and need to accomplish something, they’ll go above and beyond to address the problem. They always offer something new, surprising, and exciting to try. I feel confident that they are the right vendor for us. The quality of their work is often superior to other vendors' work, and they meet our specifications every time.

No, I can't think of anything.

Let them in. Share your business information and your true communication objectives, and they’ll bring you the best.

Overall Score I've been working with them for 13 years, and we have an excellent relationship based on trust and transparency. They're just fun to work with.
    They typically move things forward fairly well, but they might be able to do a better job stopping changes on our side in order to meet a deadline.
    I get more creative work from them compared to other agencies we’ve worked with.
    They truly get to know the business and approach it in a creative way with flawless execution.
    I completely trust that they will deliver excellent work and help another company or colleague achieve their communications objective.

Web App for Wireless Provider

“[Traina Design was] great, I couldn’t have been more pleased with them.”

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Traina revamped a preexisting web-based throughput dashboard and added an admin panel for efficient user customization using Javascript, MongoDB and other secondary platforms.

Product Management and Business Development, Wireless Company

Tight deadlines were reliably met, and the team was exceptionally responsive throughout the project. The dashboard has gotten positive feedback and external inquiries at events at which it’s been showcased.

I work in corporate marketing at an international telecommunications equipment company. I help to coordinate demonstrations for media customers and analysts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina Design?

As part of our technology demonstrations, we show some of the most cutting edge mobile technologies. We wanted to have a simple dashboard that could show off how fast our modem is in certain scenarios, and hired Traina to help build that dashboard. It's a throughput dashboard that includes a speedometer that shows how fast our modem is when downloading content. We had an existing internal app that had all the data, but included a lot of more technical information, and didn’t present it in a way that our customers would relate to.

We had been using the old internal app for about a year and a half, so it needed some updates. They added 5G to the dashboard, revamped the design and build, and made sure the all the different information was clearly presented. They also created an interactive admin panel and a configurable menu that allows us to easily customize the dashboard’s look and feel according to our preferences, who we were presenting to, etc. Previously, each customization of the app was a separate one-off project, but Traina gave us the ability to do it ourselves efficiently. The new dashboard was built using Javascript and a few secondary platforms including MongoDB.

I primarily interacted with a single project manager who relayed back to their team, but occasionally had conference calls with the two designers.

How did you come to work with Traina?

They came highly recommended by another department, and we initially engaged with them just to redesign the existing dashboard as a one-off project. Once I got more involved with them, I decided to use them for a complete redesign and the customization I was looking for.

Just under $100,000.

We started working together in April of 2017, and the project is ongoing. We’re waiting on the final deliverable.

We used the new dashboard recently at a company event, and it was very well received. It is still an internal application, but its largest success has been all the media coverage on the dashboard at our various events around the world where it’s been shown. These events show off new networks and new devices, and many of our customers have requested to use the dashboard at their own events. Also, from blog posts and media articles to YouTube videos, the application is frequently shown because it’s very clear and easy to understand the information it’s presenting.

How did Traina perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated via email and phone calls. They were great, I couldn’t have been more pleased with them. I was working primarily with Kristi Jones, their director of account services, and she’s been both responsive and dependable.

I set forth several deadlines around updating the old application, and they’ve hit every single one on time or even delivered early.

Overall Score It’s been a wonderful experience.
    They reliably met deadlines, and often finished ahead of schedule.
    We’ve asked them for a lot of work within a short amount of time, and they delivered.
    The work that they provided has been exactly what I was looking for.

Branding & Ongoing Web Design for International Construction Company

"They are excellent service providers – flexible and customer-focused."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Traina redesigned brand identity with collateral marketing materials and a new website launch. Visuals were conceived from methodological interviews with stakeholders and key players. The will site launch January 2018.

201- 500 Employees

Mexico City, Mexico
Partner & Director, HERMOSILLO

Stakeholder feedback praised fresh and clean aesthetic results.  All other milestones were met with a highly personal service. Flexibility and regular communication made for an efficient process. Bilingual communication made international collaboration seamless.

I’m a partner and director in a construction company’s Mexico City office. We are design/build specialists.

What challenge were you trying to address with Traina?

We needed an outside vendor to redefine and redesign our brand image. We also required help building a new website as part of the branding.

As a 53-year-old company, we wanted a refreshed logo that would communicate our brand and mission to foreign customers. Approximately 80% of our foreign customers are from the United States.

We asked the team to understand our current identity and where we’re going as a company. In response, they developed a methodology to interview our clients and stakeholders. They used that information to design several potential logos. We collaborated on the image, colors, and tagline.

Web design was the project’s second phase, which overlapped with creating marketing collateral. The site launched January 2017.

We worked directly with a project manager, who was the face of the company, and the president, who was very involved. There were four team members including the developers, but we did not interact with them.

How did you come to work with Traina?

We did an online search for branding firms in the San Diego area. The search yielded 150 results, which we narrowed to 5 finalists. This process was difficult because as a construction engineer, I did not understand branding intuitively. However, comparing the finalists made the process easier. We then met these companies in person and were impressed by Traina’s welcome presentation. We chose them because they communicated their methodology and values well.

We spent over $100,000.

The project started summer 2016 and the website will January 2018.

The process was very efficient; they met every milestone. We were satisfied with their performance and ability to deliver what they promised.

There’s no data yet because we only implemented the new branding in November. However, feedback from clients and stakeholders praises the brand’s clean and fresh look.

How did Traina perform from a project management standpoint?

Customer service was flexible. We interacted twice a week and held follow-up meetings to review milestones and progress. The language barrier was not an obstacle because their president speaks fluent Spanish and we speak English.

They made us feel like we were unique. The way in which they prioritized our project felt good.

Definitely try this company. They are reliable and deliver what they promise. The experience was pleasant and I would not hesitate to use them in the future.

Overall Score They are excellent service providers – flexible and customer-focused.
    We don't hire the cheapest company, we hire the best company – the company that creates value.
    They delivered what they promised.

Gold