We Empower Companies with the Right Technology

For more than a decade, Themis Web Technologies Inc. has worked side by side with various leading and emerging compagnies. Our mission is to assist these companies in gaining the technological development necessary to succeed in today’s highly competitive market. From Web Software deployment, custom Database Management tools or Application development, we are consistently looking after the long term benefit of our customers in order for them to reach their objectives.

Freelancer
2007
Los Angeles, CA
  • 10680 W Pico Blvd, Suite 315
    Los Angeles, CA 90064

Kitson, AEG Digital Media, LioNBRIDGE, The Descartes Institute, Cure Autism Now Foundation

Web Dev for Autism Awareness Nonprofit

"They set us up for success by not having to come back to him every time we needed something done."

Nov. 2006 - Mar. 2010

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. designed and built several interactive websites with a Facebook-style UI, which allowed members to join and communicate.

Portia Iversen
Cure Autism Now

User feedback to the websites was overwhelmingly positive. Themis Web Technologies' expert team inspired confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. Responsiveness and a customer-focused approach were hallmarks of their work.

I was the head of a nonprofit called Cure Autism Now. The organization doesn't exist anymore but it was around for about 15 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

The organization had several scientific research initiatives. We held big meetings on different aspects of autism (e.g., nonverbal autism or genetics). The meetings brought together various scientists who would produce papers and conduct research. We needed a way to keep the scientists in touch with each other between meetings. They had a tendency to lose touch when they went back to their separate universities, which slowed down the progress of the initiatives.

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. built several interactive websites for each of our research initiatives. Using a Facebook-style interface, the scientists involved in each initiative could join the interactive site as a member. The sites allowed them to share their ongoing scientific progress and results. They also built a similar Facebook-style site for parents and professionals who work with autistic people who are nonverbal. They later refreshed that site to add new features and upgrades.

I’m not tech savvy, but they created the sites with a backend that allowed me to go in and add new content or make changes. They created a very specialized interactive websites that were still user-friendly for me to manage. They also built me a personal website to promote a book I authored.

I only worked with Stephan (President and Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies, Inc.).

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I can't remember exactly because it was a long time ago. I believe someone at University of Southern California introduced me to Stephan.

We worked together from November 2006–March 2010.

The scientists we worked with really loved the sites. The interactive sites gave them the ability to brainstorm and interact on an ongoing basis that they wouldn't otherwise had. The sites made them realize the importance of their work and increased collaboration. The sites kept the purpose of the meetings going long after they were over. The parents also really loved their site because they often feel quite isolated. They expressed gratitude for the site as a wonderful way for them to get information and interact with each other.

How did Themis Web Technologies, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Stephan met with me quite a bit in person. He was great about sitting alongside me to figure out exactly what I wanted, and to show me how the sites worked. He was very hands on and responsive. That personal touch worked better for me than going back and forth over email.

I’d worked with web developers in the past that would charge me every time we wanted to change content. If we had a problem, we had to pay by the hour to fix it. It was very expensive and prohibitive of keeping our sites up to date. Stephan’s goal was to make his client independent of his services. They set us up for success by not having to come back to him every time we needed something done. The sites basically ran themselves and we could pretty much make all changes ourselves.

His price was really fair and he would always provide a quote for everything ahead of time. In addition, he was able to make happen almost anything that I wanted on the websites. Occasionally he would tell me why something I requested wasn’t possible, but the vast majority of the time he made it work.

Take advantage of the fact that Stephan is very good at web development. He's fair and honest, so you can trust him.

They saved me a lot of money.
    I always refer them to everybody.

Video Player & CRM Dev for Media Company

"The client was very happy and we had a 100% success rate."

2004 - 2017

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. worked on video player development, building a 360-degree playback system. They later build a media CMS and related plugin to allow content publication.

Ben Rolling
Former VP of Dev, AEG Digital Media

They always produced excellent results, meeting all requirements and ensuring the clients were satisfied. They manage projects extremely professionally, delivering work on time and keeping on top of the workflow internally. The team is consistent, transparent, and dedicated.

I’m the former VP of development for AEG Digital Media.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

We needed to build a lot of stuff and figure out how to put tools together to do something that nobody had done before.

The first project we worked on was a 360-degree video playback system that was designed to work in a pair of video goggles with a head tracker for the military for the VA hospital in Honolulu. They built us a video player to play back some extra high resolution, 360-degree footage. They used Microsoft DirectShow 7. They built the whole thing from scratch. It was a really dynamic solution that worked with existing hardware, but was completely custom-built.

We were publishing a lot of video to other people’s media backends where it had to go through our own QA pipeline, metadata associations, quality checks. That was all prior to delivering it into the Microsoft MSN.net or AOL backend CMS. All of those systems had been built by multiple developers over years and were a complete mess. Themis Web built a system to do all of our own media management internally and the plugin to allow us to publish our content to other media backends.

For the iOS application, they’re waiting on some APIs from one of my developers. They’ve been really patient with us, so there’s nothing they’re actively working on day-to-day right now.

Stephan (President & Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies, Inc.) was my primary point of contact. He had some of the work done by other people, but we always worked directly with him.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

The very first time we worked with them, Stephan was still a student. One of his professors recommended him for our project.

Over $200,000.

We worked together from 2004 until 2017.

It looked good. The client was very happy and we had a 100% success rate. All the feature requirements were fulfilled within the defined scope and delivered on time.

If Stephan said he would complete something at a particular time, it was always done by then. Sometimes that meant he worked all night long. He would dedicate 100% and all the resources available to get things done. He’s very no-nonsense and extremely reliable.

He was always communicating, so we never had to have much of a defined project management workflow. He managed everything internally and delivered it for us. We used email, phone, and sometimes he’d come and work in our office. We had pretty regular meetings but we didn’t have to do daily standups or scrum management. We did a lot of precursor to Slack when we first started, but after that it was a lot of email and phone calls.

Themis are reliable and consistent.

A lot of times, working with an outside development shop, the scope expands and the costs grow. That never happened with them. They gave realistic quotes and were very upfront and honest in the contract negotiations.

I’d always go back to him.
    I’ve recommended him multiple times and will continue to do so.

Custom Soft. Dev for Internal Tracking Platform

“It was a pleasure working with them.”

May 2016 - Feb. 2018

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. developed custom software that automates workflows. They built an internal management platform that tracks orders, generates reports, and organizes inventory.

Former COO, Petroleum Business

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. built an innovative platform that modernizes antiquated business practices. Their software vastly improved the accuracy of order fulfillment and billing processes. The newly amplified efficiency increased overall sales by a significant margin.

I’m a former COO of a petroleum business. They manufacture underground secondary containment products and systems. This includes the fiberglass square and octagon products that contain potential leaks at gas pumps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

Most of our data organizing and workflows were done through verbal processes or via Microsoft Excel. My objective as COO was to build an infrastructure that would increase efficiency across the board. To do this, we needed the help of a software development firm.

Stephan (President & Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies, Inc.) joined us in mapping out workflows. He provided guidance and made suggestions based on his experience. After two or three months, we came up with how we an online order management system could support our operations. Stephan led the programming effort and creative initiatives.

Internally, we have little idiosyncrasies in how we manufacture products. Some things are complex, while other products are simple. Stephan allowed us the space to think through the process and provided software to track the project’s progression. We also utilized a database to store project information.

The final product is a software system that enables us to track orders and manage inventory. It also generates reports, prints labels, records mistakes, and tracks ongoing efforts. The system’s database includes vendor and client information as well. We had soft releases throughout the process.

Stephan was my sole point of contact.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I knew Stephan through a friend.

We spent between $100,000 and $125,000.

They worked with us from May 2016–February 2018.

Our yield increased by 20% after working with Themis Web Technologies, Inc. They completed the system’s launch process three days ahead of schedule. The software allows us to easily manage everything without manually performing tasks. For example, we used to type all our labels. Now, we can press a button and the label prints. Additionally, the accuracy of our order and billing process has improved 100%. We now know the exact cost of the total products we ship as well as how many shipments are made.

Stephan was approachable and would often come to our facilities for meetings. He handled the project excellently. It was a pleasure working with them.

Stephan helped us come up with new ideas that we’d likely never think of on our own. His creative approach to workflow efficiency is valuable.

Allow Stephan to guide the process and listen to his advice regarding software functionalities. He provided a scoping tool that I wish we started using sooner.

Overall Score They made everything easier than it was before.
    They exceeded our expectations and performed ahead of schedule.
    They’re moderately priced and offer a great value for the work.

E-Learning System for Security Company

"You know what they deliver is bug free and ready to go."

April 2009 - Oct. 2011

Themis developed a training platform for a security company featuring videos, interactive quizzes, final exams, and a backend portal for administrators. Updates are made as new state requirements are released.

Steve Trager
Owner, Sunwest Services

Themis successfully delivered a complex and unique solution without any errors and never overcharged. While development time was slow, their thoroughness, communication, and care were second to none, resulting in a platform that continues to draw in new business.

I am the owner of Sunwest Services, a multitalented private security company. We offer custom vaulting and storage, 24/7 protection, emergency response, and we are licensed for firearm training and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

Themis helped me create the first ever online guard training service based on state qualifications.

Themis created a fully interactive online classroom that meets all state testing mandates. This involved editing a seven-hour class we filmed before delivering an eLearning platform with interactive quizzes and a final exam. The platform also recognizes when a student gets a question wrong, and not only tells them the right answer, but makes sure they understand the underlying concept. They also created a backend portal that allows me to track student progress. I have no significant technical skills to speak of, so their president took the time to teach me the program step by step, allowing me to administer the program on my own­­—which was no small feat. They have also helped me update the program as new state requirements come out.

Since completing that project, they have also developed two other websites for me.

I work exclusively with Stephan (President & Senior Web Developer, Themis).

The cost of our first project was around $18,500 USD. Since that time, we are looking at an additional $20,000 in total business.

We worked on this project from April 2009­–October 2011.

Stefan (President, Themis) was able to take a very complicated idea and deliver me a finished product that was exactly what I wanted. I have never had a single complaint about the program, and it continues to attract business.

How did Themis Web Technologies, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Themis is great at communicating and being there when I need them. We talk primarily over the phone, but we will email occasionally as well.

Themis sticks with you as a client in a way that is truly remarkable. Any time I need them I simply pick up the phone and they are available to help. They never overcharge me, and they are extremely thorough so that we don’t waste time going over mistakes or things they missed. They really are outstanding to work with. Additionally, our dealings with Stefan did not involve anything formally written, rather just old-fashioned, honest business.

Stephan (President, Themis) is not the fastest guy, but I can’t overstate how thorough he is. Even if it takes a little longer, you know what they deliver is bug-free and ready to go. What else can you ask for in a business situation like this?

Give them your idea and then leave them alone. They really know what they are doing, and you have to trust that they are going to deliver you a fantastic product.

Overall Score Honestly, I have no complaints.
    They aren’t the fastest, but they make up for it in their thoroughness.
    They never charge you extra.
    I never have to worry about the quality of their work.
    I have already recommended them a few times.

Web Based Applications for Digital Media Firm

“Themis has helped our company succeed in the new market of live streaming technologies.”

April 2011 - Ongoing

Themis developed a few backend management portals for live streaming services, using PHP, JavaScript, and SQL. They've also created a polling system and a tool to track digital marketing efforts.

Brian Bedard
VP, Technology & Communications AMV Digital Media

Themis developed robust, high-quality management systems that helped enhance the company's reputation in the marketplace. Their team's willingness to take on new and challenging work sets them apart. Responsive to customer needs, they continue to be an invaluable partner.

I'm the VP of technology and communications for AMV Digital Media. We specialize in live streaming services for red carpet, media, entertainment, and sporting events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies?

We needed help building and architecting a few different management portals for internal use integral to our ability to run the company.

Themis developed the frontend and backend for a few databases and management systems, using PHP, JavaScript, and SQL. For any protocols we needed to follow or incorporate, their team would do the research and come back with a plan and scope out the work.

They created polling systems for audiences and a tool that tracks digital marketing efforts based on viewing time. They also developed a management system for the cloud-based streaming service that allows us to schedule and automate the transcoding of thousands of sports events for various client networks. That project involved pulling in client APIs, event information, understanding transcoding requirements, and making sure it all integrated seamlessly.

I primarily work with Stephan (President and Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies).

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies?

I wasn't involved in the hiring process, but we've worked with quite a few other vendors in the past. We continue to work with Themis, because they're not afraid to try new things and expand their engineering skillsets when it comes to taking on projects that require further research on their end.

We've been working together since around April 2011 and the relationship is ongoing.

Themis has helped our company succeed in the new market of live streaming technologies. Their efforts have significantly contributed to the level of trust our clients continue to have in working with us on projects. In addition to providing software solutions with minimal bugs or complications, the tools their team creates grow more robust and stable each year.

How did Themis Web Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

While we mostly handle project management on our end, Themis's team has always been timely and provided accurate estimates. If for some reason they're unsure about how long a project may take, they're very transparent about it. I haven't had any issues communicating with them through email, chat, or by phone.

Their fearless approach and willingness to take on new challenges in groundbreaking areas that we're still exploring sets them apart. Stephan is willing to read up on anything he doesn't fully understand and come back to us with a plan of action—most engineers aren't willing to do that.

Having a project manager on your end may help speed up the work, especially if a project is loosely defined. Stephan is very careful to move forward on a project until he fully understands what needs to be built, so having some sort of wireframes for the UI/UX are also helpful to provide.

Software Dev for Virtual Reality Platform

“They knew our objectives and came up with creative solutions to overcome any problems.”

Sep. 2005 - Aug. 2009

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. helped develop a 360-degree video player. They produced and edited footage from a five-camera rig and built a custom software package to capture and display the panoramic video.

Skip Rizzo
Director of Medical Virtual Reality, USC

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. didn’t require much guidance and contributed excellent insight for the final product. They worked well with the in-house team and consistently identified new and efficient ways to meet goals. They were a vital part of the project’s success.

I’m the director of the Medical Virtual Reality laboratory at the University of Southern California (USC).

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

We needed help developing a 360-degree video player called the Pano Chamber.

Back in 2001, we had access to a five-camera rig that produced panoramic video. We built software to capture real-world activities and environments and display them on a head-mounted display or VR headset. At that time, standard software didn’t exist for this kind of project. We had to stick together all five panels of video, undistort them and present them in a spherical fashion, and then time code and color correct the footage. We put together a whole series of third-party software into a unique software package for capturing and displaying panoramic video. Themis Web Technologies, Inc. was a big part of this project.

They also helped us build a location-based experience, as opposed to just a wearable headset. It included five 65-inch LED screens arrayed in a special housing unit that could hold 10–15 people. We used it for the art and technology courses at USC, and students created content to be displayed in it. Themis Web Technologies, Inc. helped develop the software, design, and actual display system. They also consulted on some of the content creation.

We worked with the president of Themis Web Technologies, Inc.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I met the president when he was an undergraduate at USC. We kept in contact and worked on various projects together. When we started this undertaking, I knew he’d be a great fit.

We spent around $100,000.

We worked together from September 2005–August 2009.

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. was involved in a few academic publications and some of our conference presentations. Everyone I’ve referred them to has said they’ve been a great partner.

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. required minimal oversight. I had the vision, connections, and funding, and they worked independently to accomplish our goals. They knew our objectives and came up with creative solutions to overcome any problems. They know how to work well with an interdisciplinary team.

They’re hardworking, creative, and talented. I’ve never heard anyone complain about their work. They’re honest and willing to explore new ideas, thinking ahead to more efficient ways to accomplish tasks and maintain a higher quality.

Don’t look at Themis Web Technologies, Inc. as just programmers or web designers. Use them as a creative consultant and bring them in on the early design development. They have great ideas that will ultimately improve the quality of your project.

Overall Score I'm a fan.
    There were never any big bottlenecks or problems.
    They’re honest and charge accurate prices.

Web Dev for LA Pediatrician

"Take the meeting! You can trust them."

2014 - 2018

Themis Web Technologies, Inc. handled a full website rebuild, focusing mainly on the backend and migrating all its information. They’ve also built a feature-packed e-commerce platform.

LeTrinh Hoang
Pediatrician

They delivered a robust and attractive website with a seamless backend. Also, the e-commerce site is predicted to produce a positive ROI within a year. Themis Web Technologies’ professionalism and personal approach permeated every aspect of the collaboration.

I’m a pediatrician and I have two companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I needed to revamp my old Yahoo homemade website. I was getting comments that it needed to look cleaner and sleeker and operate better given my profession and reputation.

I engaged Stephan (President and Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies, Inc.) to revamp my website. The scope of the project was big since it involved a lot of medical information, so a lot of time was put into it. We had five to six meetings and numerous phone conversations, and whenever something wasn’t clear, he’d get in touch.

I don’t know what platform he used, but he transferred all the text and information through a seamless process and recommended three vendors to handle the design portion of the website’s upgrade.

Stephan had implemented a platform for tracking orders, printing labels, posting articles and upcoming workshops, and sending e-mail blasts with customized HTML templates. All this was for a website that I had acquired years back, which is how I came to know him. I wanted another e-commerce platform, so I asked them to do the same again in July 2017.

I only worked with Stephan and he was very responsive.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I purchased a doctor’s office and the website associated with it 15 years ago. He had built the website for this doctor, and it’s still working today. It’s very organized and easy to use, with a clean and clear backend that reflects Stephan’s engineering mind, so I got in touch with him when it came to redoing my website.

The project cost was between $25,000–$50,000. He gave me three pricing options to choose from, which was really nice.

I met Stephan in 2014, so he could show me how to use the e-commerce site he built that I purchased from another doctor. I engaged him to redo my site in June 2016. The turn around time would have been at the most one year but my response time was not as good as his, causing me my own delays.

The website is stunning and its backend is smooth. Stephan did a beautiful job. I haven’t implemented the e-commerce site yet since it’s very new and I haven’t had the time. Based on the records of the previous e-commerce site I purchased and that he built, I should recover my costs within a year. This platform is so stable that we haven’t had to revamp it at all; it’s still generating income and operating by itself.

If I had to describe them in two words, it would be utmost professionalism. I’m very happy with their work.

We communicated by email and phone and had meetings for important matters.

I really like Stephan; he seems to be a crisp, clear thinker. The value that Themis Web Technologies brings to the table is their personalized care. I’ve worked with other people before, including one other website development company, but they spent too much money on advertising and salespeople. I had also used a website builder, but the end result didn’t look good. Sometimes you’re so busy that you just don’t want to deal with the headaches. Whatever the cost is, you see the value in something once you’re happy. Thanks to Stephan, my website is gorgeous, it works, and it’s stable for the long-term.

Stephan is very nice, but he needs to be more demanding with me.

Take the meeting! You can trust them. Their prices are reasonable for the value you’re getting. Even though I haven’t used it, the site looks way better than the first one. For my peace of mind, what I paid was worth it.

Overall Score I’m very happy.

iOS App Support for Music-Learning Platform

“Themis is able to troubleshoot next to anything and build battleship-strong frameworks and systems.”

Sep. 2013- Nov. 2016

Themis fixed the backend code of an app and built a custom database system, using technologies that include SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
David Forrest
Teaching Fellow & PhD Candidate, Harvard University

Themis is highly skilled in troubleshooting and fixing any issues related to backend coding systems. Their team builds strong, clean, and secure frameworks and is honest about what's possible within given requirements and budgets. Their thorough and trustworthy approach sets them apart.

I hired Themis for a couple of projects when I worked as a consultant for a couple different companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies?

Themis helped me provide app and software upgrade solutions to companies. Many of the other vendors I'd approached were unwilling or unable to fix the type of coding problems we were facing without suggesting we rebuild the app from scratch. We were looking for a vendor with the experience and knowledge to correct the systems as they were.

In the first project I worked with Themis on, their team fixed messy code for an iPad app that had been built by another developer.

I worked with them again on a central document database project for a combination of companies in the music and advertising industry to build a copyright assessment model that allowed for musical analysis and sound cataloging. They built out the backend of the system based on requirements describing how the system should interpret data and analyze music.

While Themis is capable of working on frontend technologies, they're mostly specialized in backend work and technologies that include SQL, PHP, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. They're also experienced in Objective-C and Swift and can prototype hardware for clients as needed. With a background in hardware engineering, they're also able to prototype hardware for clients as needed.

I worked directly with Stephan (President and Senior Web Developer, Themis Web Technologies) and he scaled his projects as needed with additional designers or developers.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies?

Stephan was referred to me by a friend who had worked with him previously on a big database project. After talking through our initial challenges with him on the phone for the first project, he was willing and able to fix the specific parts of the app to get it running on iOS and make some larger structural changes that kept the app from breaking as new iOS updates came out. He was also affordably priced.

Compared to other vendors, Stephan is very straightforward about what options are available to the client, even when it comes to creating contracts. I don't get the sense that his main objective is trying to maximize his own profit or push a particular development approach.

I invested around $20,000 in his services for time and materials. Our second project was probably between $10,000–$15,000 and the first was under $5,000.

I worked on the first project with Themis in September 2013 and wrapped up the most recent project in November 2016. They've consistently provided support as needed since.

Themis successfully fixed the code and built strong backend systems for both projects they worked on. They built very clean, secure portals for users and administrators to log into. The copyright project Themis worked on went way over time, but Stephan restructured a few elements to ensure we'd still hit our deadlines and budget. He was very careful in the early planning phases to make sure our requirements weren't unrealistic for the amount of time we had.

How did Themis Web Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The second project we worked on involved juggling communications with a handful of advertising firms, going through a few rounds of contract revisions. Stephan was very professional and prompt throughout the process and was honest about what he could and couldn't deliver on within the budget. Although he's not a project manager, he was very skilled at predicting and managing project outcomes.

For the first project, we mostly communicated by phone, Skype, and email. Stephan would generally look at the code while we were on the phone together, and then send updates by email once we had determined the requirements.

I especially recommend working with Themis if you're dealing with system frameworks and backend technologies, or if you are troubleshooting an existing project. While Themis is skilled in frontend technologies, their specialty is software architecture and server-side systems.

Themis might not be the cheapest, but the value they offer is very strong.
    I've referred them to several friends and colleagues for the versatility of services they offer.

Web Dev. for Rental Management Firm

“Stephan is an expert developer and is open to furthering his knowledge.”

Mar. 2017 - Nov. 2017

Themis developed a custom responsive website using HTML and JavaScript. He also built a Logistics Platform prototype that included an admin portal, GPS and OCR integration, and conducted full market research to gain insight on potential competitors. Additional services included web hosting and server administration.

Steven Brayet
Director of Sales, Drop The Keez

Stephan is an experienced developer who is their go-to guy for any technology project. His code was clean and SEO friendly. He is quick to respond at any time of day and a good communicator. Additionally, he provided a very detailed project scope and was cost effective.

I am the co-founder of a company called Drop the Keez, a rental assistance company in Los Angeles that provides full management services for rental property owners to provide benefits to their guests. Their services include check-in and check-out assistance, cleaning services, premium linens, interior design, and live support during guest visits.

What challenge were you trying to address with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I wanted to build a website for the company that I co-founded in early 2017. After that, I wanted to create a Logistics Platform to perform route optimization tasks as a separate project.

They took care of every aspect of development for multiple projects. Stephan implemented a number of features including a responsive website, an administrative portal, GPS and OCR integration, and more. He used a variety of tools and languages to accomplish specific tasks, ranging from User-Interfacing to Optical Character Recognition and Geocoding. Stephan also provided web hosting services and provided technical support whenever needed. For the layout, we supplied Stephan with the desired artwork.

Stephan is the owner and founder of Themis Web Technologies and is a one-man shop. He handles the entire development process and can handle any type of development project. We also hired a third-party graphic designer.

How did you come to work with Themis Web Technologies, Inc.?

I met Stephan at a networking event. We stayed in touch and met up a couple of times. I was very impressed with his background and portfolio. After performing a standard background check, I gave him a simple website to create for my employer at the time. When our company was created, I hired him again to develop the website.

We spent around $10,000 for the first website, and approximately $8,000 on the Logistics project. His standard rate is about $85 per hour.

We started working together in March 2017 and wrapped up our engagement in November of last year.

I worked with an outside marketing organization to promote my website, and they told me from the beginning that the SEO optimization of the website would be easy because of the cleanliness of the code. Because of the code organization and cleanliness, our company is visible on Google search results. This made our return on investment even higher than predicted.

Stephan’s work is exceptional and better than I expected. I had bad experiences with outsourced projects in the past, and since we are both in Los Angeles, I can stop by his office whenever I need to. His communication is very smooth and clear, and we primarily communicate through phone and email. Since we are only a few miles away from each other, we meet in-person often so there is no need for project management software.

He is very responsive no matter the time of day. I called him at 11:30 in the evening once when there was a problem with the website and he responded right away. He worked through the night to ensure that the website was live and running smoothly in the morning.

Stephan is an expert developer and is open to advancing his knowledge. For example, I was looking into developing another project on an alternate platform that Stephan did not have experience with. Since then, he has been learning about that platform.

I would only recommend that he hires more staff, which would allow me to give him more projects to complete.

I recommend conducting market research and devising development plans before reaching out to Stephan. This way, the time spent with him is maximized, and he can provide all the technical aspects of the project up front.

Overall Score Stephan is a great resource for all technology queries. I plan on taking my projects to him in the future.
    He was never late and worked ahead of schedule.
    His projects were often cheaper than what he priced out.
    The quality was outstanding.
    I’ve already referred him to a handful of colleagues.