Compliant cloud, colocation, & consulting services

ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) is a managed cloud, disaster recovery, and data center services provider based in Chicago, IL.

2000
  • São Paulo
    Brazil
  • Frankfurt
    Germany

Basecamp, Ars Technica, CDW, USG, DePaul University, ABN AMRO, Fanatics.com, Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill LLP, Cars.com, New Relic, Freshbooks, SAP, and Metra.

Hosting for Medical Association

“They have in-depth expertise and a user-friendly server interface.”

Apr. 2015 - Ongoing

ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) hosts the servers for various websites. They also adjust network settings and do troubleshooting. Recently, they created a duplicate environment for another set of servers.

Glenview, Illinois
Enterprise System Manager, American College of Chest Physicians

SCTG is responsive and has detailed documentation, easily being able to find past solutions to streamline current problems. The team is friendly and well-rounded, making them a great partner. They always have effective solutions and are often the first to provide troubleshooting help.

I'm the enterprise system manager at the American College of Chest Physicians. We’re a medical association that publishes a medical journal, conducts live learning sessions, and has online resources for our members and people in chest and pulmonary medical care.

What challenge were you trying to address with ServerCentral Turing Group?

We needed a partner to host our various websites on their servers.

ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) hosts the servers, which also includes adjusting settings on the network side and troubleshooting any issues we have. We tell them what we want to accomplish, and they come up with the right solution. For the past year, they’ve also been helping set up a duplicate environment to bring up a whole new set of servers for a new website.

We interact with an account executive and then utilize a ticketing system that allows them to assign whoever they think is best suited to help us.

How did you come to work with ServerCentral Turing Group?

They were here before I was hired.

We spend about $8,000 a month, so about $384,000 in total.

We began working together in April 2015, and the partnership is ongoing.

Whenever we have issues with a server or network service, SCTG is always the first to respond with a correct answer. I’ve been extremely impressed with their troubleshooting skills.

How did ServerCentral Turing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re responsive and have detailed documentation. They’re able to remember past solutions in order to streamline current concerns.

They have in-depth expertise and a user-friendly server interface. The team is well-rounded, quickly resolving even tangential issues such as billing problems.

They recently merged with another company, so they should focus on continuing to expand their services.

Overall Score I've been really impressed with them, and they stand out among their competitors.
    They're right where we need them to be.
    I'd definitely recommend them.

Colocation and Networking Consulting for University

"They offer a continual uptime guarantee and deliver on their promises."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Apr. 2012 - Ongoing

ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) acts as an ISP partner. They provide colocation services that support on-site data centers.

5001+ Employees

Chicago Metro Area
Director of Infrastructure, Private University

The team is a reliable and service-oriented partner. Their approach is appropriate for smaller organizations. Impressively, they have maintained disciplined while scaling operations strategically.

Respondent 1: I work as the director of infrastructure for a large private higher education institution’s central IT group. We run data centers and the university network.

What challenge were you trying to address with ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG)?

R1: We were on the hunt for a colocation facility to supplement our on-campus data centers.

R1: We’re leasing data center space from ServerCentral. They’re also our internet service provider (ISP).

R1: We have an account manager and work with Jordan (CEO, ServerCentral), Eric (Director of Technology, ServerCentral), and Wayne (Technology Evangelist, ServerCentral). They put us in contact with other resources as needed.

How did you come to work with ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG)?

R1: ServerCentral responded to our targeted RFP and immediately stood out. We walked through their facility and call center area, and met the techs who answered the phone. It felt very much like a smaller shop where we could build the individual relationships we wanted to maintain.

Respondent 2: ServerCentral’s proximity was convenient because it enabled us to hold in-person meetings for discussing challenges or whiteboarding infrastructure.

R1: We spend over $500,000 per year.

R1: We started working together in April 2012 and the partnership is ongoing.

R1: They offer a continual uptime guarantee and deliver on their promises. Operationally, they follow their processes and keep their infrastructure up-and-running. We haven’t had too much in the way of service issues over there.

How did ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) perform from a project management standpoint?

R2: One of the things that are particularly special about ServerCentral is their involvement and support of the community at large. This doesn’t just benefit us, but also the community. They sponsor groups and events as a vendor.

R1: They’ve been careful and disciplined about how they grow—specifically what markets they enter and what services they offer. I think that, if their only concern was making money, they could’ve grown a lot more and faster, but they didn’t do that.

I know they’ve grown over time, but I think they’ve done it carefully, and I appreciate that. I’ve seen a bunch of other companies not do that. To their credit, that’s a hard piece of discipline to apply.

Colocation for Education Platform

“I’ve never seen any other company be as good of a growth enabler as them.”

Apr. 2013 - Ongoing

ServerCentral Turing Group (SCTG) is a colocation partner, initially offering a single cabinet colocation at a flagship facility. Their services then expanded into cloud interconnection and backbone transport.

Chicago, IL
Mike Cornstubble
Director of Infrastructure, Edovo

SCTG offers a unique and competitive billing option that allows for small companies to grow and access high-quality services. They provide a consistent team that understands internal goals and seeks to optimize the relationship. Unlike other companies, they proactively identify ways to improve.

I’m the director of infrastructure for Edovo, a company that provides telecommunications, education, and rehabilitative services via web delivery platforms to jails and prisons across the U.S.

We were a small startup that originally needed a colocation partner. As our business grew, so did our needs, and SCTG has been able to fill those demands.

We initially started out with a single cabinet colocation at one of SCTG’s flagship facilities. As our business expanded, we began doing some cloud interconnection with them, including connecting to their managed services platforms where they provided things like VMware and other cloud and private cloud services directly. We also started using them for backbone transport and direct connect transport to other large cloud providers like AWS. Most recently, we’ve expanded those services into several other SCTG facilities across the country.

They have an account manager and solutions engineer.

How did you come to work with ServerCentral Turing Group?

They were a referral. They have a great managed services platform and offer a pay-as-you-grow billing option, which was a great fit for our company, so we chose them.

We began working together in April 2013, and the work is ongoing.

I don’t know of any other shop that would’ve helped a startup like us grow in a colocation-based business as quickly as we have. They enabled us to have a presence in a flagship data center and helped us grow into the medium-to-large business that we are. In five years, we’ve had less than five minutes of total downtime.

We've had a direct and personal connection with specific resources throughout our entire relationship, which has allowed us to maintain focus on our goals. Because we’ve worked with the same people for the whole engagement, they know exactly what we need. They’re responsive and have good documentation.

They give you the ability to buy large-scale services at the size you need. This allows any small business to play at the medium-to-large business size, enabling growth. I’ve never seen any other company be as good of a growth enabler as them.

No, they continually seek to improve themselves.

Overall Score We just renewed our contract.
    They haven't missed a deadline.
    They're a premium provider with a price that matches their quality.
    Their services always work.
    I've already referred them.

Web Hosting Services for Software Company

“I have very few vendors that I have no complaints about. They’re definitely one of them.”

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

ServerCentral hosts both the primary and disaster recovery server locations (including hardware and other equipment) and maintains a high-speed data link between them.

Chicago Metro Area
IT Director, Marketing Software Firm

Continuity of contacts, consistent communication, and more-than-competitive cost lift them high above the rest. An impeccable reliability record and a willingness to go beyond what’s expected underscore their value monetarily and logistically.

I am the director for corporate IT for a digital marketing agency. We focus on customer acquisition for large corporate entities across a number of different verticals. I manage our help desk and end-user computing devices, as well as our network engineering, data center operations, and security programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with ServerCentral?

Our previous hosting companies were less than optimal. We worked with global companies whose patchy response times and constant rotation of account managers slowed us down. We wanted a nimble company that could pay more attention to our account.

Principally, it’s a hosting arrangement. They provide the cabinets, rack space, power, and security. We manage our own servers, data, and operating systems, but they have the capacity to perform those services, too.

Our primary location with them is in the Chicago suburbs, and we have a disaster recovery location downtown. They run a high-speed data link between those sites to allow for replication to the disaster recovery location.

I have a variety of contacts across the company, but I usually work with a dedicated account rep. I’ve had three principal contacts since we opened the account, but also communicate with members of their data center operations group. I interface regularly with a couple of their data center managers, and we’ve coordinated moving servers between facilities with some other staffers.

How did you come to work with ServerCentral?

I don't remember how we originally found them, but they've suited our needs from the beginning.

As a rough estimate, we’ve spent around $120,000.

We’ve worked with them in our disaster recovery location for about five or six years, and we moved into their suburban location around March 2016.

Facility uptime is 100%. We have a lot of internal monitoring systems, and none of them have detected any problems.

When we moved from our other data center with another vendor, we realized late how many moving parts (literally and figuratively) were involved. My staff powered down at the old location on a Friday night, and asked them to manage the physical part of the move. It took them less than six hours to relocate all of our equipment and reconnect us.

Earlier in our contract, we were replicating data over a site-to-site VPN [Virtual Private Network], but it became too slow as the flow of data increased. We earmarked a budget for a dedicated line between the two facilities, and approached ServerCentral to see if they had a relationship with any standard telecommunications providers. They offered to handle the traffic themselves for one-third of the budget we approved.

How did ServerCentral perform from a project management standpoint?

They consistently provide better service and communication than any of our other hosting relationships. Our reasons for switching to them are still valid today, and they regularly exceed my expectations.

I've never had an issue with communication or billing with ServerCentral as I often have with other hosting services. We’ve developed personal relationships on multiple levels of the company, so if a problem ever arises and my dedicated rep is out of town, I can call a number of people for help. As I mentioned, I’ve had only three account reps with them, and I appreciate that kind of continuity.

I needed to collect a server we took out of operation a few weeks ago. I had trouble finding parking, so I called their operations center. The representative went to my cage, retrieved the server, and met me at their backdoor to save me time and trouble.

Recently, I had a meeting with them to discuss some services they’ve added, but I didn’t have any recommendations.

Overall Score I have very few vendors that I have no complaints about. They’re definitely one of them.
    They cross-connected our two locations for one-third of the allocated budget.
    They go above and beyond, and are quick to respond to requests.
    I just recommended them to a colleague a few weeks ago.