Stop Competing + Start Leading

REX is where brands are built. We are an internationally-award-winning agency, building brands that want to grow with their values intact.

We help companies in the 5 critical areas required for brand growth:

1) Brand Strategy: Know what to say to make your audience care
2) Visual Identity: Build a brand people recognize, even when your logo isn't present
3) Engagement Platform: Create meaningful 'stuff' to engage customers (websites, collateral, etc.)
4) M.A.P.: Clarify the best use of marketing + ad budgets with your Marketing Action Plan
5) Campaigns: Creative integrated campaigns that get noticed, build your brand, and cause action

Our sweet spot is with companies that have a proven business concept and are ready for massive growth through branding, marketing, and communications. Our clients include some of BC's and Canada’s fastest growing brands including Fitness Town, the OxyGeneo® 3-in-1 Super Facial, Prophecy Cream, Dermaroller®, Wesgroup Equipment, St. John Ambulance, and PuroClean Restoration. We are the trusted partner for the City of Vancouver and the Stanley Park Miniature Railway, creating the brands for Bright Nights, Ghost Train, and more.

Coquitlam, Canada
  • 301-3007 Glen Dr., Glen Drive
    Coquitlam, BC V3B 0L8

Stanley Park, City of Vancouver, Wesgroup Equipment, DermaSpark Products Inc, Emelle's Catering, Physio2U, GBC Law, Boom Goes the Drum

Branding & Web Design for In-Home Cooking Service

“I felt like they really wanted to get to know my business.”

Jan. - Dec. 2018

REX Marketing + Design Inc. revamped an in-home cooking service’s core messaging and visual identity. Deliverables included logos, colors, a website, social media calendars, and brand launch presentations.

Vancouver, British Columbia
Erika Weissenborn
CEO, Fresh in your Fridge

The colorful and expressive website and branding materials were well-received and continue to garner praise today. REX Marketing + Design Inc. helped establish a brand that internal stakeholders feel confident about. Timely and personable, the team provided guidance throughout the process.

I’m the owner of Fresh in your Fridge, an in-home cooking service. Our team, which is comprised entirely of nutritionists, goes into clients’ homes on a weekly basis and does all of their grocery shopping, meal planning, and cooking in their kitchens.

What challenge were you trying to address with REX Marketing + Design Inc.?

We needed to update our website. We wanted more of a streamlined look and visual identity between all of our platforms. Further, we didn’t really have any branding in place, so we wanted to create something that was special and impactful.

First, REX Marketing + Design Inc. did a brand identity and discovery session. They spent a lot of time getting to know us and our business. They even spoke with some of our clients and staff to determine what our values are, why we’re doing this, and what the essence of our business is.

Once they came up with the core messaging, they started to put together our visual identity. They chose logos and colors and figured out how everything would flow together. The team then built the website and took on some associated projects, like creating social media calendars and some presentations for our brand launch.

I mostly worked with an account manager, Melissa (Senior Brand Strategist, REX Marketing + Design Inc.). I also worked with Christian (Lead Graphic Designer, REX Marketing + Design Inc.) and Allison (CEO & Founder, REX Marketing + Design Inc.), who I’ve known through Business Network for 4–5 years. Allison was involved in a lot of the conversations, but I typically spoke with Melissa directly.

How did you come to work with REX Marketing + Design Inc.?

I initially found REX Marketing + Design Inc. and decided to work with them based on my relationship with Allison.

The major project we did with them cost $17,000–$20,000.

The bigger project that we did with them lasted from January–December 2018. We’ve done some smaller projects along the way.

Everyone loved the new website and branding materials; they’re all really colorful, bright, and expressive. I actually still get great feedback today. I just feel really confident about the brand that we have set up.

How did REX Marketing + Design Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of project management, they were awesome; we didn’t have a lot of issues. I was usually the one falling behind on deadlines, so they really kept me on track with everything in that capacity. The only missed deadline was the website launch, but that was because we’d hired a third-party developer; REX Marketing + Design Inc. was just overseeing this, and they communicated very extensively throughout the process. We typically communicated via email and Zoom video conference calls.

The one thing that stood out was how personable they were. I felt like they really wanted to get to know my business.

No, not that I can think of.

Doing the brand discovery was really worth it. This is an optional service they offer; alternatively, you can just go straight into visual development and logo design and all of that. I wasn’t very sure what the process would be like, and I was even a little skeptical. However, the discovery was really worth it to uncover what the essence of our business was. It was a 3–4-month project and probably added $4,000–$5,000, but I feel like that was really key to how substantial our brand is now.

Overall Score I felt like they cared about the business, and we still communicate frequently, even if we’re not working on a project.
    They were always timely. The website launch delay was not because of them.
    I haven’t worked with other marketing agencies. Overall, it was a costly investment, but it was worth it. I felt looked after throughout the process.
    They were always professional and communicative.
    I recommend them all the time.