IT Solutions to Jumpstart Your Digital Growth

It is our mission to help our clients drive growth through technology innovation and make a real impact in their industries.

We go the extra mile to provide fully customized software solutions of the highest quality, to SMEs and large enterprises around the world. We aim to be the architects of our clients’ success by offering our dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate team, that will proactively help you find solutions to ANY software-related problem.

Szeged, Hungary

Managed services

Pure Focus, SavePlex, DraftHedge, GetShop, Paamco, Ingatlan Ajánlatok
Taxnology - Budapest, Hungary Image

Taxnology - Budapest, Hungary

Taxnology provides its VAT management service to foreign companies operating in Hungary. Our client's new web-based MVP helps them manage value-added tax returns.

The application's main features include automatic categorization of invoices applicable to the relevant VAT period by type, and calculation index numbers for each type separately. The added invoice mapping feature also allows Taxnology's clients to "translate"

the categories of foreign invoices to their Hungarian equivalent.

Technologies: Java, Spring, Angular 6

Paamco - Irvine, California Image

Paamco - Irvine, California

Introduction website for Paamco, a leading institutional investment firm, dedicated to offering alternative investment solutions to the world's preemindent investors.

Technologies: PHP, Wordpress

Western RO - San Diego, California Image

Western RO - San Diego, California

Western RO is a membrane filter distributor from California. Their buyers usually order products in huge quantities, so they needed a faster and more transparent way to manage these orders, and prepare unique quotes for each costumer.

The product is a webshop solution that allows users to compile a list of membrane filters from a large number of suppliers, then request a unique quote for their order from AquaQuote.

Agro Oroszi - Karcag, Hungary Image

Agro Oroszi - Karcag, Hungary

An agricultural E-commerce website with integrated stock management, invoicing, delivery management and much more.

Technologies: PHP, Laravel

Draft Hedge - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania  Image

Draft Hedge - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Draft Hedge is a fantasy sports trading platform that allows you to trade athletes based on their performance.

The application provides real time data about about the players to help users decide to trade, buy or sell at any given time.

Technologies: C#.NET, Android, iOS, Angular 4, AWS, RabbitMQ

SavePlex - Ottawa, Canada Image

SavePlex - Ottawa, Canada

The client

The client is a healthcare business from Canada, whose main clients are doctors and medical organizations. They wanted to build a new online medical marketplace, that also operates as a social network for small businesses and experts from the healthcare industry.

The solution

The live version of the website allows people to create groups and buy medical products at

a much better price. Medical companies and doctors can get group discounts if they shop together from their trusted vendors.

Client growth​

By offering a brand new way for customers to shop for medical supplies, our client was able to enter the medical wholesale business. Today, saveplex.com is a highly responsive and scalable online platform that will be able to grow together with the client's company.

RuhaDoki - Budapest, Hungary Image

RuhaDoki - Budapest, Hungary

The client​

The client is a chain of clothing repair shops from Budapest called RuhaDoki. They wanted to expand their business by opening more shops all over Hungary. To do this, they needed to increase work efficiency and transition from pen and paper to technology and cloud storage. ​

The solution​

We created an ERP system with all the core functions including retail process

management, distribution planning, centralized data access, invoicing, billing and order management. All of this is implemented to work perfectly on a touch screen.

We also optimized their web application to work with a thermal printer by designing and implementing custom java printing service attributes.

Client growth​

All of this will help RuhaDoki grow as a company, and open new shops all around the country. By digitizing their company, they gained the opportunity to really thrive as a business and reach their full potential.

Pure Focus - Santa Monica, California Image

Pure Focus - Santa Monica, California

The client

The client is a digital marketing agency from Santa Monica called Pure Focus. They distribute a lot of online content on a daily basis across multiple devices and platforms. Pure Focus was looking for experienced software developers in order to create their own online marketing tool for fast content distribution and data tracking.

The solution

Today, mobibi.com is

an online marketing tool that helps its users manage all of their social media accounts at the same time, thanks to social media API integration. You can post on multiple platforms with one click, organize, or schedule your posts and much more.

Client growth​

Thanks to their new platform, Pure Focus will be able to save time on content creation and distribution. They can also track and analyze all the necessary data to further perfect their content strategies in the future. This, together with the smooth and user-friendly design will allow them to make the final product available on the market as a SaaS content marketing solution.

All of this will help Pure Focus to optimize their processes, making room to expand their list of services, reduce costs and grow the company even further.

ERP Development for Biotechnology Company

“So far, the program we received from them is working perfectly.”

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

RabIT software engineering provided software development services, working on a six-module automated platform. They included a CRP module and a test article receipt module with a database, among others.

Budaors, Hungary
Head of Service, Biotechnology Company

The team delivered an excellent platform that effectively addressed the company’s requirements. They did thorough research and were invested in the project at all times, while communicating well and managing the work smoothly through Asana.

I’m the head of service for a biotechnology company that works for pharmaceutical companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

We wanted to automatize our documentation and inventories.

They’re developing software to automate our work. We asked them to build an inventory system for us with different calculations within it that we can use to provide our services for other companies. They use Java for the work.

There are six modules. One is the test article receipt module, which is an inventory for our test articles that are provided by our sponsors—it’s a database for these. There’s a CRP module that is a contract creator between our company and the sponsor companies, as well as a lab book module, which is where we’d started with the development.

There’s a sales manager, a project manager, and four developers.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

We were looking for software development companies and had a chat with four, then properly interviewed RabIT and one other. We chose RabIT because they were more flexible, easy to understand, and more transparent than the others.

We started working together in March 2019 and the work is ongoing.

The quality is really great. They really got deep into the topic of our work in order to understand it properly. So far, the program we received from them is working perfectly.

My company was bought by a bigger one and they decided not to work further with RabIT because they have an in-house team. I was sorry about it because I enjoyed every moment of the collaboration. They still help if any problems that arise. We’re working on another project with them that is similar, but unfortunately this one was stopped because of the in-house team that took it over.

How did RabIT software engineering perform from a project management standpoint?

The development process was very transparent and flexible. I could look through all the work that was done by them through Asana. We also communicate via email.

I was amazed by their enthusiasm about the project. They normally work for financial companies and were really excited about working with a biotechnology company. They really got into the details about our work and I was amazed that they enjoyed it so much.

I wasn’t dissatisfied with anything.

Using Asana is really useful for communication with them.

I’d recommend them to friends and everyone else.

App Development for Travel Platform

“…RabIT provided me with such excellent service, so I’m so happy I found them.”

July - Sept. 2019

RabIT Software Engineering ventured to build a cross-platform travel app from scratch. The team of six ideated the app design based on functionalities, performed tests, and is now uploading the app to stores.

1-10 People

Denmark
CEO, Travel Platform

RabIT Software Engineering exceeded the client’s expectations in delivering a stellar app that’s polished and user-friendly. The team provided excellent guidance, patiently walking the client through all developments. Their communication, friendliness, and organization all blew the client away.

I founded an app that’s for female travelers to find other female travel companions.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT Software Engineering?

I was seeking the development of my app. While I know the business side, I needed technological support in creating the product.

I met with RabIT twice to kick off the development. They were very pleasant informal meetings where we just threw around ideas. Other than providing them with the desired color scheme, I took a very hands-off approach where I left most of the design elements up to them. I wanted the app to have a straightforward and user-friendly design and that is exactly what they have come up with.

During the process, they were very patient in making sure that I understood all developments. They kept me in the loop, so if there were any aspects that I wanted to change, they’d fix it right away. It was an active conversation throughout the engagement.

The development for the cross-platform app is completed. They’ve tested the product, and now they’re uploading it to different app stores.

I was working with a project manager, an IT person, and 2–3 developers.

How did you come to work with RabIT Software Engineering?

I had the idea for the app while I was traveling in Asia. I engaged with a company while I was abroad, but I ended up having a bad experience. After returning to Hungary, I was seeking a company that was both affordable and professional and found RabIT through a google search.

We began working together in July of 2019 and we wrapped up in September.

I’m extremely satisfied with the app that they’ve created from scratch, which has received great feedback from others for its function. While one might have low expectations for an MVP, the app they’ve created looks very polished. I’m really happy with the product.

How did RabIT Software Engineering perform from a project management standpoint?

I really appreciated how professional they were. My project manager was extremely patient and made sure that I was up to date on all of their progress. All of the team members maintained continuous contact with me, so the communication couldn’t have been smoother.

I was also pleasantly surprised that a local company could be so talented and organized. I had very high expectations from working with companies overseas—Denmark, in particular—but RabIT provided me with such excellent service, so I’m so happy I found them.

I really enjoyed their bilingualism. We’d have conversations where we switched from Hungarian to English, which was really cool. Other than that, I’d emphasize their communication abilities. Since it was my first time developing an app, they really walked me through the entire process in a way that a layperson could understand.

No, I really can’t think of anything.

It’s very important that you know what you want your product to be. While I didn’t have any design ideas, I knew what functionalities I was looking for. Have a clear vision of your product before engaging a company like RabIT so that they can do their job perfectly.

iOS & Android Dev for Sports Financial Trading Platform

"They’re doing a very good job."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

RabIT software engineering is building an app for iOS and Android. The solution is currently undergoing testing while the team works on expanding functionalities.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Eric Wilkinson
Co-Founder, DRAFTHEDGE

The team is always available to address issues and respond to requests. They have an optimal culture that contributes to a seamless partnership. Communication is detailed and transparent.

I’m the co-founder of DRAFTHEDGE, a sports financial trading platform. People can trade futures on athletes in the same manner as traditional commodities. It’s a tradeable product that will settle to cash once that contract expires at the end of the game.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

We needed a company to develop an iOS and Android app for our platform.

They developed our app for iOS and Android. The app currently does football and we’re now working on baseball and golf. We have 1,000 testers for the solution.

We have one main point of contact. The team has scaled up and down from 1–4 developers depending on need.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

Our team had engaged another vendor, but the relationship was not successful because the partnership lacked communication and solution didn’t compute correctly for our platform. We then received a recommendation from one of RabIT software engineering’s past clients. They had a positive experience with them.

We started working together in August 2017 and the partnership is ongoing.

We’ve done a good job with testing, having identified issues before RabIT software engineering implements them in the product. User feedback comprises questions about monetary deposits. Overall, the team is accessible and responsive to bugs and requests.

Communication between the teams is great. RabIT software engineering accommodates the time difference; I can reach them day or night. They meet deadlines and have an ideal corporate culture. What’s more, the team is professional and maintains a smooth rapport with our side.

The team provides detailed sprint updates and makes the coding work transparent. We always on the same page as them.

No. They’re doing a very good job.

The scope and requests should be very detailed—especially for the UI—even if that means being repetitive with communication.

Custom Software for Wholesale Trade Industry Company

“They care about our project, and they follow through on their promises. We really trust their capabilities.”

April 2018 - Ongoing

Using provided wireframes, RabIT software engineering developed a SaaS e-commerce solution with Java. The system automated internal workflows and centralized customer service and order management processes.

San Diego, California
CEO, Wholesale Trade Industry Company

RabIT software engineering is on track to complete the project on time. So far, they’ve consistently delivered high-quality work. The team’s transparency and management skills set the foundation for a seamless collaboration. Their dedicated work ethic speaks to their commitment to the project.

I’m the founder, owner, and CEO of a wholesale water filter supplier. We work with hospitals, power plants, and other industrial sectors.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

We needed to build an e-commerce solution that would benefit both our customers and our internal team.

We provided RabIT software engineering with a collection of wireframes. Using Java, the team developed a SaaS e-commerce solution. When complete, the platform will automate our internal workflows and processes. It’ll also act as a customer service and order management tool.

Our project coordinator is our main point of contact, but we’ve also interacted with the RabIT software engineering’s owner. They provided a QA team to review all of their work.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

We found them on Clutch. We were looking for vendors located in Hungary, and RabIT software engineering had the best reviews within that specific market.

We started working with them in April 2018, and we’re finishing up the project. I estimate we’ve completed about 80% of the total scope.

They delivered on everything we asked of them. We can count on them to produce high-quality work within the established timeline. If they feel that our requirements are unrealistic, they’ll let us know right away. It’s a transparent partnership. Overall, they’ve been a pleasure to work with.

They have great project management skills. We monitor the workflow on Asana.

We’ve worked with another vendor in the past, and it wasn’t a great experience. In contrast, we’re very happy with RabIT software engineering. They care about our project, and they follow through on their promises. We really trust their capabilities. Also, the owner is very involved in our account, which has been highly beneficial.

No, we’re happy with them.

Augmented Development for Financial Services API

"...the effort they put in truly set them apart from other agencies."

May 2017 - Ongoing

RabIT provides strategic market insight and software development services. They opened bank accounts for various financial products and built scrappers into a platform. They also implemented a sandbox testing environment.

Hamburg, Germany
Daniel Colomer
Product Manager, figo GmbH

Out of various teams working across Europe for this project, RabIT offered the best work experience. They executed high-quality work in a timely manner and adequately adjusted team size to fit project needs. They were clear, efficient, and flexible throughout the collaboration.

I’m a product manager for figo GmbH, a financial services company. We are developing an API for the aggregation of different financial sources, mostly in Europe. The API allows companies to implement multi-banking features in their own applications, enabling customers to connect with and aggregate data from different banks.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT?

We needed a reliable partner that would support us in further developing our platform in Hungary.

They supported us actively in Hungary and also at the core of our platform in topics such us Demobank implementations. They will keep supporting us further in the operations of our platform.

We worked with two software developers and a project manager. Their CEO became quite involved in the project as well. Team size fluctuated depending on needs, and we even stopped work at one point.

How did you come to work with RabIT?

A lot of teams were hesitant to engage with us when we pitched the challenging idea. Location and work quality were the most important factors in determining who to collaborate with to develop our platform.

I searched Google for different software development houses in Hungary. From my initial conversation with RabIT, it was clear that they were completely invested. They liked the challenge we presented them. They were even able to support us in other countries.

We started working with them in May 2017 and our work is ongoing. We are currently launching our scrapers for the Hungarian market. We intend to have a long-term collaboration with them, so they can continue helping us operate the platform.

They've had a huge impact on our business. We manage many other external teams in various countries and across other projects, tasked with the same role as them. Yet, RabIT has been our number one team in terms of delivery speed and quality. They went beyond the initial scope by contributing to other parts of our platform.

How did RabIT perform from a project management standpoint?

They worked with us to define our collaboration; they increased or decreased team size based on our project needs. They were flexible with work schedules, allowing for a dynamic collaboration.

I led the project internally. RabIT was the easiest team to deal with for managing priorities and delivery deadlines. Status update calls that took 30–60 minutes with other teams, took five minutes with them. Everything was delivered on time and as we expected.

They go the extra mile. They were always transparent with workflow and tasks, but the effort they put in truly set them apart from other agencies.

Our collaboration with them was one of the best we had for this project. I haven’t had a single bad experience while working with them.

You don’t have to think twice about working with them. Stay dedicated and transparent throughout the collaboration. RabIT welcomed the constant feedback loop we maintained. Whenever they delivered good work, we let them know.

Overall Score I’ve been able to compare them with agencies in other countries, and they are one of the best.
    I have referred them to many people.

Platform Development for Digital Agency

"It takes a special company for me to set aside time for a glowing review."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

RabIT Software conducted a code audit of an incomplete database for a digital agency, then proceeded to lead architecture design and overall development, which remains ongoing.

Greater Los Angeles Area
CEO, Digital Agency

RabIT displayed professionalism and dedication from the outset, making them a trustworthy outsourcing partner. They have adapted well to the client's project management practices and diligently track their progress. Overall performance has been very impressive.

We are a digital and content marketing agency that founded seven years ago. We're located in the Los Angeles area. I am the president and CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT Software?

We were looking for someone to develop a technology platform which we had envisioned a few years ago. We started out with a vendor who didn't meet our expectations. We searched for an alternative and identified RabIT Software as a contender.

During the kick-off, RabIT Software's role was to review the work which had been done up until that point, assessing the technical quality of the code. Through the audit, RabIT Software came back with a list of insights and other good information. We engaged them further, with the initial step being the setup of our environment. I was fairly impressed with RabIT Software's understanding of enterprise-level development infrastructures, which includes everything from sprint planning to repository management, and automated testing in development and production environments.

We began the process of refactoring parts of the codebase, planning future development architectures, and establishing timelines and goals, getting the project underway in a structured and manageable fashion. All features have been dictated by our agency.

RabIT Software has a proficiency in database architecture design and frontend development, including AngularJS. Their CEO is a very good architect and was able to select languages and coordinate the development activities very well.

We have worked with what could be considered a lead software architect from RabIT Software's side. We've also used a quality assurance lead and two developers.

How did you come to work with RabIT Software?

We reached out to a list of vendors, both international and domestically. RabIT Software put a lot of effort into the initial assessment of our project and codebase. Oftentimes, we found that vendors can turn out to be great once we start paying them, but prior to the contractual engagement, they won't put in a lot of effort into the project. This is what stood out to me with RabIT Software. They had a level of commitment to analyzing and communicating what we had, what needed to be done, and why it mattered, even before we paid any money. As a business person with a basic level of technical expertise, I require a level of trust before selecting a vendor. I needed to see that the company put in an effort for getting our business, and RabIT Software was certainly willing and able to do that.

We started working with RabIT Software in February 2016. The amount of work has fluctuated due to budgetary reasons, but our collaboration is ongoing.

I don't have customer feedback, but senior-level developers and CTOs have occasionally looked at our sprints, confirming what is referred to as "velocity" in the development world. They confirmed that the work is acceptable. We need to be reasonable with expectations when offshoring development and paying a quarter of the local cost.

The same goes for the expectations around involvement. The challenge faced by most people when offshoring development is that they underestimate the difficulties of what the process is. They also overestimate the ability of offshore developers to think and act on their own. This is not a fault of RabIT Software or any vendor, but rather a general misunderstanding which I've had myself when I was beginning to understand development. With RabIT Software's help, I've come to understand that requirements and schematic documentation are very important.

How did RabIT Software perform from a project management standpoint?

RabIT Software does a good job in meeting my expectations. Not having an in-house project manager, this responsibility becomes mine. When I plan out what needs to be done, I also have to manage the work, but RabIT Software has done a good job of taking my ideas and features, breaking them into proper tasks and sprints and communicating with me. RabIT Software is incredibly diligent at marking off, commenting, and checking elements in it. They're committed to updating when things happen. Compared to my previous experience, RabIT Software is a night-and-day difference.

What did you find most impressive about RabIT Software?

RabIT Software is very good at communication and documentation. When we're spending money on the work, we need to know what we're getting, and RabIT Software has done a great job of ensuring that I knew what was being completed.

Are there any areas RabIT Software could improve?

Not really. Like with any development project, there were times when we underestimated or overestimated what we could complete, due to unforeseen issues, but I can't really think of anything. I've been thoroughly impressed with RabIT Software.

This is the main reason for giving a review on RabIT Software. I don't think that I've done this for any vendor in my life, not because I'm mean, but because it takes a special company for me to set aside time for a glowing review. Very few people in this world are worthy of that.

Development for Language Learning Software

"They [RabIT] are very versatile. They've got a wide range of skills – mobile skills, video skills, and so forth."

RabIT Software Engineering has been hired by the client for multiple small development projects. These have included coding custom reporting functions and conducting a code review.

David Talbot
Owner, My Personal Language Tutor

The RabIT software engineering team is versatile, reliable, and has produced quality work. The client has maintained the relationship for 4 years and plans to continue working with them.

Please introduce your business and what you do there.

I'm the owner of a San Francisco-based company called My Personal Language Tutor.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

At first, all we wanted was a daily statistical spreadsheet – a daily summary of activity from students, teachers, and finance.

I wrote a specification of what we wanted, and they wrote a Java program that ran every night and went through our database, gathering statistics and tabulating those statistics it in an Excel spreadsheet. The various tabs included things like number of students, number of teachers, number of paid and unpaid accounts, number of lessons in French, and number of lessons in German – statistics like that.

We've done a number of similar reporting projects of the same style with RabIT through the years, including changes to the Excel spreadsheet. They've also done some error diagnosis and correction. More recently, they are doing a code review of a company we are thinking of acquiring. Just today [September 2016], I gave them a video streaming project.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

We got a personal referral from a colleague of mine in Russia. Since the daily reporting project was not an emergency, we thought, "Let's try it out."

How much have you invested with RabIT software engineering?

We've spent somewhere between $6,000 and $10,000 working with them – not counting the projects we've done in the last month, which have been bigger. We've just started two new big projects with them.

We started working with RabIT about four years ago. The spreadsheet project was completed in a month. We've obviously done other projects with them since then.

The statistical spreadsheet was the best thing as far as doing something new. It increased our financial collections from nonpaying customers because it highlighted accounts receivable, bad credit cards, and things like that.

It's difficult to say because all of our projects have been small, taking less than three or four weeks, so they didn't need much project management. We love these guys, but I can't comment on their project management because the sort of work we have been doing with them didn't require much management.

What did you find most impressive about RabIT software engineering?

Their English is excellent, which is helpful when working with an offshore agency. The programs they've done have worked. They are very versatile. They've got a wide range of skills – mobile skills, video skills, and so forth. They haven't done anything that will win them the Nobel Prize, but they've done good, solid work, which is what we wanted.

Are there any areas RabIT software engineering could improve?

No. When we got started, we needed to work out a bit of coordination but none since they've been working with us. Everything goes along quite smoothly. We give them projects. They do them. We finish them, and we pay them. They're a good, solid small software company. I've never done a large, complex project with them. That doesn't mean they couldn't do it, but I haven't done one.

Overall Score They've never done anything that is spectacular but, then again, we've never asked them to.
    They're very good at that but, of course, the projects have been small.
    Their cost, compared to doing something in San Francisco, is amazingly good.
    They haven't been perfect, but they've been very good.
    That's a 5 because I already have.

Development for Customer Acquisition Startup

“We were impressed with the company's attitude, mindset, and integrity.”

Aug. 2014 - July 2016

RabIT assisted in the development of a proof of concept. The project was coded in PHP and Java and adhered to strict guidelines. The team developed only specific parts of the software.

Co-Founder, Customer Acquisition Company

While RabIT only worked on certain pieces of a bigger software, the products they delivered functioned as expected and adhered to the specifications. From a project management standpoint, the team performed well, with only slight delays on certain deadlines.

My company is an online tech company that enables online shops to work with each other and bring customers to each other. We provide a distinctive technology and a network where businesses can meet with each other. It's a relatively young company, and I am one of the cofounders. I look after many things – mainly our marketing and sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

At the time, we were building our proof of concept about a specific piece of the technology. We had a plan that was sketched out by our technical lead, and we were looking for a developer that could implement it according to our instructions.

RabIT software engineering provided programming service. They wrote code in accordance to our specifications. They provided ideas when there was an opportunity for streamlining or adding functionalities. When they needed to deviate from the initial plan, we discussed the changes before implementing them. The program was mainly in Java and PHP as programming languages.

We worked with one person from RabIT software engineering, with occasional help from another person from their team. They were not in charge of anything but the delivery of the specific pieces of the program that we asked them to deliver. They were not doing the sales or the installations directly or anything like that.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

We had a selection process that included a couple of interviews and a test. The test was a portion of the program that we had to develop. After a couple of days of development, the participants would need to submit the results of their work. We would then analyze it and select people based on that output.

How much have you invested with RabIT software engineering?

We have invested $50,000 to $200,000 with RabIT software engineering.

It's been a very fruitful collaboration that has spanned at least 14 months. The project began in August 2014 and has concluded recently [in 2016]. We started with a time and materials contract, and then we moved into a monthly agreement.

We had a very good working experience with RabIT software engineering. It's hard to tie their involvement, which we are satisfied with, to success metrics for the business. RabIT software engineering was part of a larger project that included delivering to clients and so on. It's hard to quantify their productivity.

RabIT software engineering performed very well in terms of project management. They used our tracking system and provided helpful feedback for improving tools or processes. Since we are not a huge company, we didn't have unreasonable processes.

What did you find most impressive about RabIT software engineering?

Our collaboration with RabIT software engineering was the longest time that we worked with a single contractor. They delivered what we required. We were impressed with the company's attitude, mindset, and integrity. They accommodated requests when compatible with the rest of the priorities. Also, the main person who was working with us was versatile and skilled.

Are there any areas RabIT software engineering could improve?

At one point, we needed further resources on a specialized part of the project. We discussed with RabIT software engineering whether they would be able to provide more people on more specific topics. It's one of the requests that were not fulfilled. They are also still growing, so I'm sure that that has improved by now.

Overall Score It was a very good experience.
    All the deadlines that we agreed were met in terms of prioritization. They also put in the extra hours when required. I am very happy there.
    We're based in a different location from them, so the cost advantage was very good for us, and we were very happy with that.
    It worked according to what we required. They also gave good suggestions on how to improve and when to improve.
    I would very likely recommend them to others, but it depends on what that colleague or friend needs.

Web Application for Freelance App Creator

"The key reasons for choosing RabIT were that they were inexpensive and are dedicated."

RabIT was developing a web-based collectible card game in which players could battle one another and collect cards. Before budget ran out, the game was at a testable phase. The project is currently on hold.

Freelancer

Hungary
Gabor Szekeres
Freelance Application Creator

RabIT assigned a single dedicated engineer to work on this project which helped it to flow smoothly while keeping development costs low. From a project management standpoint, the team performed adequately, maintaining communication on a weekly basis.

My organization is a small business. I have ideas for mobile applications and small web applications, and I reach out to contractors to develop them.

It's just me. I'm a single-person business.

What business challenge were you trying to address with RabIT software engineering?

I had a mobile application collectible card game that I was thinking about creating. I approached RabIT to provide the resources to get it done for me.

My budget was pretty limited. There was only a single developer working on my project. They were responsive and well qualified as well. We got initial plans done implementation-wise, and the product is now in a holding stage. I ran out of budget, and the resource who was working on my project left the company, so we agreed that we would put the project on hold. There hasn't been any final release yet.

It was basically at a testable stage. The functionality was there, and it was working, but it wasn't ready to be used or shown to any customers. The user interface was basic. This wasn't a native application. It was a web-based application, so it was compatible with PC, Android, and iOS devices.

I envisioned a collectible card game where the players could battle each other and collect cards. Eventually, once the game kicked off, we would implement micro transactions and the ability to buy decks of cards and expand your collection to gain advantages on your opponents.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

I come from the same town where RabIT is headquartered. I know a large of number of IT [information technology] professionals, and they recommended RabIT to me.

It cost less than $10,000.

We started working on the project sometime in February 2016, and it was put on hold in May. I'm planning to restart work this fall, but it's not a certainty yet.

Not really. There weren't any other investors, so no. There hasn't been any outside feedback really.

We had regular calls at least on a weekly basis. I was happy with the management. There wasn't much managing to be done because the team was a single individual. Most of the time, it was enough to reach out to him and clarify any uncertainty. If there was a technical problem, RabIT would always put someone more senior on the job to help my developer.

What distinguishes RabIT software engineering from other providers?

The key reasons for choosing RabIT were that they were inexpensive and are dedicated. The owner of the company [CEO Zsolt Rabi] is dedicated to all the projects that the company has. He's always available and open for discussion. He can always give a contact point if he's not available. He makes sure that all of the projects are always moving along. Even though my project was small, I felt like I was always getting enough attention.

Is there anything RabIT software engineering could have improved or done differently?

It's a minor thing. I was aware that the resource that worked on my project was more junior. Sometimes, he'd run into pretty basic issues, but they'd always solve them internally. The advantage was that he was also a cheaper resource, so it had a cost-reduction benefit.

I got everything that I ordered from them in a timely manner. It is too early to give a 5.
    I was very pleased overall.

Freelance Development for Enterprise Developer

“They are pretty decent.”

RabIT is assisting in the development of several applications. The programs — which are developed mostly in HTML5, Java, PHP, and Javascript — revolve around the hotel booking and e-commerce niche.

Kai Toender
CEO, E-Commerce Development Company

The team’s resourcefulness is a boon to the endeavor, as they only require a broad idea of the task in order to commence work. Furthermore, their products perform as expected, with no notable issues so far.

My company is developing software for e-commerce and hotel booking.

I am the CEO.

We needed more software developers to help us develop our code base.

We hired one guy from RabIT full time, and he helped us develop the software for our customers. We are coding in Java, PHP, HTML5, and JavaScript. We're also doing some AngularJS.

They've helped us with multiple projects. We have many customers on our code base with different demands, and they help us deliver the demands they have.

How did you come to work with RabIT software engineering?

I found them on Upwork. We had this developer travel to Norway to stay with us for a week where we worked together.

We pay on an hourly basis each month. We use them three weeks a month because they have some other tasks. We have spent less than $10,000 to date.

We started three months ago, and they are still helping us. We are going to use them a lot in the future too. We're quite satisfied. We are most likely going to expand their role and incorporate a team of developers.

No, not really. We have quite a close relationship with our customers, which is great. It's hard to quantify because our platform is quite huge, and RabIT only has access to small bits of it. It's also kind of under the hood too, the tasks they do.

Actually, we do the project management, so it's hard to tell. They are pretty decent. We work in Agile, so we don't have hard deadlines since they are not working on projects. We only hire hour by hour like a normal employee, so I can't say much about that area.

What distinguishes RabIT software engineering from other providers?

I would like to say that RabIT is resourceful in being able to do the tasks. I don't need to specify the task that much because they are able to think for themselves. If I tell them to do something, I can just tell them the broad idea, and they are able to work from there.

I haven't thought that much about it because he is basically a normal employee. I don't have any comment on that.

Overall Score They have been quite useful, and it has been good. I think it’s a good company, and I think they deserve new customers.
    That would be difficult to measure since I haven’t given them much of a deadline yet. We always just give them small tasks.
    I feel that they deliver up to the payment we pay them.
    I feel that I can rely on the task being done, but they should probably improve on the development speed.
    I have already done it. I am satisfied with the arrangement so far.