Innovation | Value | Delivered

Opinov8 is a technology innovation partner, with an Opinion, which engages with our clients at any stage in their product engineering and development software pipeline. Focusing on business solutions being mainly full life-cycle development. We are driven by delivering business outcome, for our clients, through technological innovation. We are data driven in everything that we do and we aim shorten our clients Innovation Lifecycles, to drive Value through Innovation.

We are a young energetic and dynamically agile company and the team leading the business forward are software service industry veterans. We are ambitious on our own and on our client’s behalf. We do not look at a client engagement as a project, we are in it to help our clients build sustainable businesses. In other words; our clients’ business is our business. Being an Innov8or is what we strive to be, being curious, adventurous in Engineering and having a Technology Opinion is our DNA. We are head quartered in London, UK and have a development centres in Málaga, Spain and Kiev, Ukraine.

• 130 Old Street

Programming & scripting
Application platform
BI & big data focus
BI & big data solutions

Fortune 500 Companies, Computer and IT services business. Leading Global Media companies. Global Logistics Technology business, Leading European Fintech Platform businesses. Global Tire Manufacturers. Leading European Car Manufacturer. Top 100 Swiss Healthtech Start up. Many more

Development of App for Hiring Services

"They opened up some doors and have done a great job."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Opinov8 Technology Services developed mobile apps for iOS and Android. They worked on UI and set up the apps for hosting on AWS.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Founder & CEO, Mobile App StartUp

The team provided useful assistance and advice on UI and they have excellent intuition on customer experience and app functionality. Opinov8 Technology Services also offers accessible project management.

I’m the founder and CEO of a mobile app startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opinov8 Technology Services?

The app is a hiring services platform. We faced a huge problem in getting the code we needed. I wanted it in React Native and that was new territory for a lot of developers. I needed a company who had the expertise to help me with development.

We had a lot of work done already on the UI and the database architecture. We worked together to complete the development of iOS and Android apps. They used React Native to write the code, which is a cross-platform language. Our framework is in Laravel and we worked together to set up all the AWS servers.

They ended up doing more work on the app than we anticipated. The work will be ongoing for the next 10 years.

We worked with about 10 specialists. The project manager is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Opinov8 Technology Services?

My son, who is also making an app, had been in contact with Opinov8 Technology Services and recommended them.

We’ve spent $100,000-$250,000.

We started working together in December 2018 and the work is ongoing.

The app hasn’t reached the market yet, but I’m positive it will work very well.

How did Opinov8 Technology Services perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m amazed at how nice it is to have a project manager who can help me with a lot of issues. The developers that I work with have to incorporate a lot of knowledge, so it helps to have many specialists in one house. That’s working well.

We use Jira for project management and we have follow-up meetings. It’s a huge project but the process is quite simple.

The UI they delivered was a great help. They have intuition on how an app should work. They took responsibility in helping me get the right UI/UX experience. I thought we had control of that before we met them, but they opened up some doors and have done a great job. It helps a lot to have the designer and the developers sitting beside each other.

Everything is working well, but communication could be improved a little. If there’s a problem, they could send it to us a little quicker so we can solve it before having the conference. It’s not a big deal.

If you know where you’re going and have worked through a lot of issues before you meet up with them, they’ll do a great job. They have a lot of specialists, and to make an app run, you need specialists in every corner. What’s great about them is you don’t have to employ ten people full-time. You can employ them hour by hour.

App Development for Free-Market Fitness Platform

“It’s coming along exactly like I imagined, or even better.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Opinov8 provided mobile application development for iOS and Android, using AWS for the build. They developed the MVP’s front- and backend, and UI/UX, ensuring that it offers booking, planning, management, a payment platform.

CEO & Founder, Weld Health LTD

The test version of the MVP is finished and is to launch very soon. They created a platform that meets or exceeds expectations and receives positive interest from investors. The team was dedicated and transparent throughout the process, working hard to accommodate the large scope of work.

I’m the CEO and founder of Weld Health, Ltd., an online fitness marketplace that connects small gyms and studios, instructors, health professionals, yoga teachers, triathlon, marathon, and therapy coaches, and trainers for any specific sport, with users. We provide a platform for people to find instructors, based on geographic location, price, or discipline.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opinov8?

I found that the current model for connecting users with service providers is very fragmented and heavily one-sided in that instructors aren’t able to pocket most of the income they generate due to overheads.

I wanted to make my platform open and accessible to not just the top 5%, but to everyone else, whether recently qualified or with a lot of experience.

They started the platform from scratch. We developed a scope of work and held a workshop to agree on the steps ahead. Opinov8 helped define and streamline an app that can do a lot and also has a lot of room to grow. We built it on the AWS platform, which allows us to scale accordingly against size and demand, and it is for iOS and Android. We intend to build desktop and web versions, but we’re focusing on mobile for now.

In order for the platform to function correctly, the UI/UX needed to be intuitive and make sense to the users. We wanted it to be a booking, planning, management, and payment application—which is quite extensive, especially for an MVP—but those four elements were crucial to what we needed to achieve.

The AWS platform has been key for achieving these functionalities, given the number of microservices built in. We’ve leveraged services like AWS CloudSearch, as well as the Google Maps API.

We had a team of 3–4 people in the beginning, which has grown to eight. I had conversations with Craig (Co-Founder, Chief Commercial Officer, Opinov8), who provided guidance and knowledge on the AWS platform. They also assigned me one main point of contact, who remained available throughout the process. At the same time, if I need to speak to his boss, to a colleague, or anyone else, I can write to them on Slack.

How did you come to work with Opinov8?

I approached Craig through a mutual friend who’d also created a FinTech platform. I spoke to a few other companies at the time, but Opinov8 impressed me. From the CEO to their project managers and UI designers, everyone understood what I was trying to achieve. They were also understanding of the fact that we were a startup and budgets were tight.

Both of our teams wanted to do really cool stuff and drive the agenda. They understood the scope and they could see the potential of the platform. I could sense that we had a good rapport from the first conversation.

The total to date is around $120,000.

We started working with Opinov8 in September 2018. The apps were started from nothing, and we will be launching an MVP at the end of May 2019.

The test version of the app is ready, and we will be going live at the end of May. We’re in a crucial crunch phase but it’s coming along exactly like I imagined, or even better. Whenever I speak to potential investors, everyone is very positive so I’m really happy with Opinov8’s work. They’ve taken my idea and executed something that was very close to what I was looking for.

How did Opinov8 perform from a project management standpoint?

We work methodically and have broken down the scope into 8–10 overarching priorities, each with its own story. Having visibility on these—whether on Kanban or sprint boards—has really helped streamline the process.

As a startup, it’s good to know that our money’s put to good use and used effectively to build the platform. It’s been a super easy process for me. I’m open and honest with them, and they expect a lot from me, so both channels of communication have been transparent from the beginning. They understood exactly what I was looking for, and while there’s been give on both sides, I know that the end product will be something we can both be proud of.

They do a lot of things well, but their work ethic is most impressive: how much they get done and how professionally they do it. There are never any complaints from them; they know the scope and they know what we need, so they just get on with it. They’ve put in a lot of hours as it’s a big project, so it’s a lot to chew on.

I’ve been really happy with Opinov8, so there’s nothing major I would change. Possibly the pricing, but it was never a big concern. They were completely understanding about our budget limitations from the start and conceded a few things when change requests came in. They were always transparent, so I have no problems with their pricing structure; it’s completely justifiable.

Trust the team, in the sense of opening up and explaining exactly what is wanted. They have a lot of really good experience and intelligence, so the more they know about the platform and how the client wants it to work, the better. It’s important to get to know everyone on the project, not just the leadership and to focus exactly on the requirements.

Overall Score I’ve been really happy, and there was no moment where I regretted the decision.
    It’s hard to be 100% accurate on scheduling, but we’re close.
    They’ve been good with understanding our budget constraints and working with them.
    They’ve been professional about delivering exactly what I wanted, and I’ve been super happy.
    I already have, and I hope they get more work coming their way, especially after we’ve launched.

Software Dev for HR Company

“Opinov8 Technology Services’ flexibility makes them stand out from the competition.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Opinov8 Technology Services provided software development to support the build-out of a digital platform for HR benchmarking and analytics. Technologies they used included Azure and Excel Tableau.

Bryn Morgan
COO, HR Data Hub

Opinov8 Technology Services has facilitated a seamless, flexible process and equipped the client with a range of benefits. The work they’ve produced has seen praise from users regarding the design and fundamental concept. They willingly accommodate changes and requests to ensure client satisfaction.

I'm the COO of HR Data Hub. We are an HR benchmarking and analytics business based in the UK.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opinov8?

We needed to build a platform. Our company had the design and basic concept prepared, and we hired Opinov8 Technology Services to program the software.

We sent over a draft design that laid out our needs, goals, how the platform should look, and some potential technologies to use. Opinov8 Technology Services proposed how they planned to build our platform, a technology stack to use, timeline, and pricing.

We provided basic Excel Tableau mockups due to the nature of our site's design along with early-stage requirements for the functionality. Opinov8 Technology Services worked with us collaboratively. They provided several potential options for the backend functionality and the frontend look and feel. In terms of technology, they used Azure.

In total, we worked with 5-6 people from their team.

How did you come to work with Opinov8?

A business contact recommended Opinov8 Technology Services. We took our concept to a few businesses and compared three quotes. From that fairly broad proposal, we narrowed down more intricate aspects of the project to find the best vendor. We chose them based on our initial meetings and the strength of their proposal.

We've probably spent about £120,000– £130,000 (approximately $156,000–$169,000 USD).

We're still working on the project, which started in September 2018.

The site we're building together hasn't launched yet, but Opinov8 Technology Services worked with us throughout the entire process. They allowed us to have both mockups and live dev sites.

Feedback coming in from our clients has been strongly positive about both the concept and design. Our users have expressed that they like what we are producing, which is a mix of both our teams' combined expertise.

How did Opinov8 perform from a project management standpoint?

Opinov8 Technology Services has managed the project very well. When I’ve made specialized requests for reporting that relate to how I run our part of the business, they’ve been very accommodating. Their standard reporting has been perfectly adequate for our needs.

We communicate mainly over email and conference calls using technology like Google Hangouts. They send us regular progress updates and let us know about delays or if anything isn't necessarily going as planned.

Opinov8 Technology Services’ flexibility makes them stand out from the competition. As a very early-stage business, we experience frequent changes. I've worked with a lot of organizations in the past, and being accommodating enough to work with our fledgling business is an impressive strength of theirs.

Potentially, Opinov8 Technology Services could provide more straightforward reports limited to once a week. Less is more, in this case. Along with access to their project management services such as Jira, they could also offer clients a simplified option that's less entrenched in the minor details.

Overall Score Our relationship has grown as we've moved along. Even though we worked together in multiple countries, they made coordination easy.
    They've met our deadlines and scheduled deadlines effectively,
    They've provided very good value for the money we've spent with them.
    Ultimately, Opinov8 Technology Services developed just what we wanted using the right technology. The quality of their work has been very strong.
    Opinov8 Technology Services works with us as a business partner. We hope to have a long-term relationship. I'm more than happy to recommend them.

Native App and Web Platform Dev for Salary Advance Service

“They’ve saved us resources and time by guiding us through the journey.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Opinov8 helped create wireframes and user stories before developing native iOS and Android apps with two in-app portals. The platform has a .NET-based, microservices architecture to facilitate scalability.

Simon Draper
COO, Hasteepay

The MVPs’ first launch was successful and resulted in subsequent usage with low-level incident reports. Opinov8 is realistic about time frames and able to work effectively in an Agile environment. Their staff retention, quality of work, and constructive questioning are all impressive.

I’m a co-founder and COO of Hasteepay, a salary advance service. We offer a way for people to access their income before payday. Our contract is structured as an employee benefit and is a rapidly expanding, valuable sector.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opinov8 Technology Services?

We hadn’t built anything and needed to start from stage one, which was gaining an understanding of why we were creating the software.

We worked with them to design the wireframes and create 2,500 user stories. We did a release every two weeks through an Agile process. We built two mobile apps, an app-in portal, a custom portal, as well as all the backend services that drives and pulls together those three business aspects. The mobile apps were native iOS and Android. They used .NET for the backend of the platform and did the design collaboratively with us.

We have a lot of API activity and endpoints within the products. They built upon a microservices architecture, a container environment to help with speed ability and scalability. The original minimum viable product (MVP) was delivered in an incredibly short period of time. This was both good and bad because you tend to have a lot of technical debt within your MVP.

We’ve developed a ton of features for the web portal and are on a 3–4-year journey.

We’ve worked with 12 people and also brought in a couple more if we needed a certain skill set. We brought in an architect and some additional UX/UI people in the beginning, as well as ran a number of workshops around the different product areas. We have a project management office here in the U.K.

We’ve spent about £1 million (1.4 million USD).

We started working together in March 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

The MVPs worked the first time we launched them in August. We had our first sign-up the same day and our usage of product the very next day. It was extremely positive and we’ve had a lot of subsequent usage as well.

The customers have been very happy. We’ve had over 1,000 users but less than 100 emails about issues. Most issues revolve around users saying they want to do something but aren’t sure how or that they lost invite codes to get the app. They’re all very low-level, basic problems.

They’re strong and very helpful, as well as realistic about time frames. We delivered two weeks late, but I know from working in the software industry for 20 years that that’s about as good as it gets.

They’ve done very well. We use the Atlassian tool set, Jira, HipChat, Slack, email, and Skype. We do daily standups with the team and have done well with the Agile process. We sometimes haven’t had enough UAT (user acceptance testing) due to development speed, but that’s a natural part of the delivery pace rather than accuracy.

The quality, staff retention, and questions they ask during challenging parts of the process are all impressive. They’ve saved us resources and time by guiding us through the journey to ensure we don’t get caught up in things. They step back and break down the scope with us.

They’ve already improved by getting a new office.

Make sure you see the team at least twice a month and keep high control of the scope. Engage in scope-driven conversations with them.

Overall Score There’s always room for growth.
    They’ve delivered on time.
    Nothing is ever cheap, but it’s good.
    We’ve gotten what we needed very quickly.