Web Design, eCommerce & SEO Agency, Birmingham

Opace are an integrated digital marketing agency in Birmingham, West Midlands. We specialise in web design, eCommerce and SEO, delivering compelling digital marketing solutions for our clients by combining all aspects of open source web design and digital marketing. We love to work with open source solutions like WordPress, Magento and Joomla to create amazing digital solutions for our clients.

Based in South Birmingham, our team specialise in combining digital marketing stratgies and technologies to offer our clients an integrated solution that’s just right for them.We like to think that our client feedback and reviews speak for themselves.

To deliver a fully integrated approach, we combine our web design and eCommerce projects, with digital marketing stratgies such as search engine optimisation (SEO), Pay per Click (PPC), content marketing, social media, and more.

A key specialism within Opace is SEO. This allows us to plan and build websites with search engine optimisation in mind from day one. Careful keyword analysis and on-site SEO is factored in during the initial stages. Once the project has gone live, we monitor and improve our client's Google rankings and conversion rates by working with them to create engaging content and build inbound traffic. Regular reporting and re-assessment ensures we can continue to drive improvements. For eCommerce, we use open source platforms like Magento, WooCommerce and Magento 2. For most other kinds of web design projects, we specialise in WordPress and Joomla.

As customers happily confirm, our online marketing solutions generate great results and deliver a fantastic return on investment. Please feel free to get in touch for more information.

Our team can be reached at 0121 222 5757 or by our website. Connect with Opace today and explore what our increadible digital marketing solutions can do for you.

2008
Birmingham, United Kingdom
  • 1 Devon Way, Longbridge Technology Park, Innovation Centre,
    Birmingham, WMD B312TS

Acorns Children's Hospice, Bazar Ethical Life Marketplace, Quality Watch Shop, Practical Action, Justice Upheld, Physical Gold, Services for Eduction, eNL Legal, Physical Gold & SPI Lasers. For a full list, see our projects here. Our digital marketing consultants are highly approachable and love speaking with prospective clients like you. Get in touch today.
Bazar Ethical Life Marketplace Website, SEO & App Integration Image

Bazar Ethical Life Marketplace Website, SEO & App Integration

Website design, pre-launch SEO/digital marketing and backend App integration for Bazar - The Ethical Life Marketplace.

SEO & Social Media Support for Online Clothing Retailer

"They deliver what they say."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Opace Web Design is providing SEO, PPC, and social media efforts for an online clothing retailer. They regularly write content for the website and blog posts.

Fraser Concannon
Owner, Online Clothing Retailer

Opace Web Design's work has already helped rankings improve for touch keywords. There has also been an increase in traffic and sales. Providing regular communication, they have good project management skills.

I'm the owner of an online retail business in the clothing sector.

For what projects/services did your company hire Opace Web Design?

I initially came to Opace for SEO strategy but have been using them for SEO, PPC and social media over the last five months.

Twofold really, my main goal was sales but I understand that this is a gradual process with SEO so initially I was just glad to see my search rankings improve. PPC provided a steady steam of new sales almost instantly. Social media is a good tool for brand visibility but I’ll need to evaluate whether this is worth pursuing in the long run as a sales tool.

I decided based on their reviews that I would give them a call. I spoke to David and he gave me enough reassurance to get started.

The majority of the SEO and social media services are content based. Opace regularly write website content and blog posts for me and managing everything on my behalf. They also carried out some technical tweaks to improve my meta data, website speed and overall site architecture.

The team mainly consists of David (director) and Alan (SEO account manager).

In a short space of time I have already seen my rankings improve for tough keywords. I’ve also seen my traffic on Google Analytics grow since starting with Opace. Sales are mainly via PPC at the moment but I can see the potential is there using SEO, we just need to give it more time.

The project has been managed mainly by David with regular communications from Alan on the content plans. To date I’ve been very pleased and it definitely seems to be working.

Great communications throughout. They deliver what they say and I’ve not had any of the nonsense that I’ve experienced before with SEO cowboys basically doing nothing but charging the earth.

Honestly no, i'm very impressed!

Website Dev & Backend for Ethical Shopping App

"They guided us through the best and most cost-effective solutions."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Opace developed a corporate website and backend dashboard for an e-commerce company. Along the way, they provided SEO, PPC, and content marketing services.

Alix Cope
Co-Founder, Bazar Ethical Marketplace

As a result of Opace’s work, the client saw an improvement in their search ranking. The team was methodical and helped guide the client through the more technical aspects of their business. Customers can expect a team that is passionate and cares about their clients.

I’m a co-founder of Bazar Ethical Marketplace. We provide a shopping mobile app for the sale of ethical and sustainable products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opace Web Design?

We hired them to develop our corporate website and backend dashboard.

Opace developed our website and dashboard. The dashboard is integrated with our marketplace app, allowing sellers to bulk upload and manage their products, and view sales data via the web. They also manage our SEO, PPC, and content marketing.

We’ve worked with David (Managing Director and CEO), Rob (Technical Director), Alan (SEO Account Manager), and a developer. David handled SEO, Rob did the design of our website, and Alan was our content writer and SEO expert.

How did you come to work with Opace Web Design?

I initially approached them about marketing, but I soon realized that they could do a lot more. We also liked that they’re a family-owned business. They knew what it’s like to be a small company. They were great at understanding our resources and funding.

So far, we’ve spent over £50,000 (approximately $54,000 USD).

We started working with Opace in October 2018, and our relationship is ongoing.

They’re very methodical, and, given that we’re not technical, they helped us immensely in translating our requirements. The team also helped us understand journeys and user flows when it came to SEO and marketing. They guided us through the best and most cost-effective solutions. This including showing us how to support our project using the best open-source tools available, to minimize cost.

They got us ranked pretty high in terms of SEO, and I couldn’t thank them enough for that.

How did Opace Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very committed, and they answer our queries pretty promptly. We get replies within the hour, so we always feel we’re well-supported. They’re really methodical, committed, and professional. We’ve worked with them for so long that it feels like they’re a part of our company now, and not an external team. If I skype something, David will answer pretty much straight away, as if he’s next to me. We have the support of the whole team, but David is the one pulling it all together.

The speed at which they reply is impressive. I was never left hanging. Their professionalism also stands out.

What I’ve learned over these years is to take time and specify what I want. It saves money in the long run, and it allows the vendor to come up with the best solutions. If you don’t know what you want, you might find out halfway through the project that you have to backtrack.

Overall Score They’re extremely supportive. Opace has done really well for us, and we’re really happy with them.

E-commerce Dev for Retail Business

"We have no hesitation recommending Opace to anyone for e-commerce work."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Opace helped to develop and optimize a Magento platform. Services included improving the site speed and implementing third-party management software.

Birmingham, Alabama
Employee, Watch & Jewelry Business

The website is significantly easier to navigate. A client-oriented team, Opace made decisions with internal stakeholders in mind. Their expert insights added value.

We are a family owned business trading in the retail jewelry and watch sector.

For what projects/services did your company hire Opace Web Design?

We hired Opace to assist us with completing the development of our e-commerce site on a Magento platform.

We wanted the team to provide technical support for our site including performing technology integrations and fixing bugs. We wanted them to customize features on the site as well as implement a tool that allows for mass uploads of products. We also wanted to optimize our website speed.

We selected the team because they were knowledgeable and experienced in the sector. They were also willing to provide an analysis, support, and recommendations to help with product delivery.

Opace has provided a range of technical support services. They’ve updated our website theme, customized various features on the site, and optimized the speed. They’ve also integrated the site with a third party management tool.

We’ve consistently interacted with two contacts throughout the project.

Their work has enhanced our digital presence, particularly considering the UX. Now, both existing and potential customers can explore the range of products and services we offer.

We’ve maintained regular contact with the team, and they’ve been extremely helpful. It’s been a collaborative partnership. At the start of our project, we both agreed on the deliverables and timeline together.

The team was always easy to contact. They were willing to provide support on a schedule that worked for us. We have no hesitation recommending Opace to anyone for e-commerce work.

Overall Score We're extremely pleased with Opace, including their support and the delivered product.
    Opace conformed to all the agreed timeframes.
    They were helpful and willing to work within budgets.
    We are extremely pleased with the quality of work they delivered.
    We have already referred Opace to others.

SEO & Online Visibility for Gold Investor

“They’re specialized and have a deep knowledge of SEO and how to increase organic traffic.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Opace Web Design manages SEO and keyword strategy, implementing solutions to increase organic traffic and visibility. They also conducted competitor research and restructured part of the website.

Daniel FIsher
Owner, Physical Gold

Because of Opace Web Design’s work, organic traffic increased fivefold, going from about 30 daily users to over 150. They’re responsive and flexible, accommodating to any changes in the scope. They established a year-long plan, which created a transparent and honest workflow.

I’m the owner and managing director of Physical Gold, an online gold and silver investment broker.

What challenge were you trying to address with Opace Web Design?

We wanted to increase our organic traffic and improve our SEO.

Opace Web Design’s work is in two parts: one is on-page SEO and the other is ongoing content strategy focused on certain keywords. We’d had a penalty before, and so Opace Web Design looked at our website to see what was holding us back and then implemented a variety of suggestions to solve the problem.

They also conducted competitor analyses and audited our site to test the speed, H1 and H2 header tags, and meta descriptions. While SEO is their main contribution, they also updated and restructured parts of the site, too.

I mainly work with the owner, but I also interface with three other people depending on the topic.

How did you come to work with Opace Web Design?

I found Opace Web Design online and used them for a different project. It went incredibly well, so I asked what else they did, and the owner mentioned SEO. We were in the market for a new partner, so I hired them.

We spend £1,500 a month (approximately $1,900 USD).

We’ve worked together since October 2017.

Opace Web Design fixed our technical issues, which increased our visibility. Our daily organic traffic went from about 30 people a day to an average of 150. We even saw the number go above 200 on some days.

How did Opace Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

During the initial phase of the audit, we spoke several times a day. Once that was finished, we spoke every few days. They’re accessible and flexible, willing to adjust to our schedule. We have a year-long contract, so the program is finalized, and I know exactly what they’re up to every month.

They’re specialized and have a deep knowledge of SEO and how to increase organic traffic. Other firms I’ve worked with were generalists and didn’t understand the nuances of the work.

Engage with them on SEO and be honest about your goals and plans.

Overall Score They’re very good at what they do.
    They’ve stuck to the plan well. Sometimes SEO can be hard to manage, and they’d rather be late than pretend to know the answer.
    They’re reasonably priced. Other vendors I’ve worked with have cost more and accomplished less.
    Their results are great.
    My experience has been great; I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

SEO and Web Redesign for Equipment Firm

"They offer personal service with good results, and they’re always happy to answer any questions."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Opace Web Design revamped a website layout and now does SEO and copywriting.

Brierley Hill, U.K.
Dale Shaw
Director, Lifting Gear Direct Ltd

Search engine rankings have improved, as have the website’s visuals and usability. Opace Web Design makes communication simple and provides prompt responses to all questions. They’re approachable and personable, which helps builds trust and makes them ideal for ongoing or evolving relationships.

I’m the director of Lifting Gear Direct Ltd, a family-run lifting equipment and engineering business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Opace Web Design?

We needed to bring someone on board to help with web design and SEO.

We wanted to improve our website’s performance and rankings.

We did internet research for local SEO companies and liked what we saw on their website. They then impressed us during an initial phone call and a subsequent meeting.

They overhauled our website’s layout to make it more user-friendly, developed an SEO strategy, and helped with content writing.

There’ve been three to four people involved from the beginning.

We’ve seen good improvement in how the website looks and works, as well as in SEO and our rankings.

How did the Opace Web Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via phone, email, and in-person meetings. They’re easy to contact and respond quickly.

What impresses you about the Opace Web Design?

I can’t think of anything.