Mobile App Design and Development Services

Based out of NYC, Omega-R is a digital agency that makes its mission to produce visually exceptional projects.

We design and develop innovative digital solutions with a focus on:

• Mobile app solutions
  • UI/UX design
  • Responsive web

​​Omega-R works with clients all over the world to create custom-made mobile solutions for their business needs. It just happened that our clients come from different sectors and financial background. Therefore we’ve polished our skills to deliver great quality products for all of them: Startups, SME and Fortune 500 companies.

Get in touch with our Account Manager: [email protected]

New York, NY

Sberbank, Avtodor, CompTIA, FSM National Department of  Education, Stone Valley Partners

Rosavtodor

Mobile application provides rapid access to industrial information that reflects the work carried out on federal roads

Simple World

Simple World is a coalition loyalty program that brings together representatives of various small and medium-sized businesses in the retail sector. A distinctive feature of the platform is the creation of marketing campaigns, sales analysis and integration with cash trading systems.

BystroDengi (QuickMoney)

The project for the Russian microfinance company

Android app

Metron

The application for running - personalized training from the TOP elite trainers. Recommendations for exercises are based on physical abilities. The application automatically tracks and displays the route on the map, saves workout data (time, distance, pace, calories, etc.)

Erachain

Meet the multifunctional blockchain platform for business, government and consumers with the lowest transaction fee

Dowoodle

Dowoodle provides the ultimate answer to the age-old question: "what do you want to do tonight?" Let Dowoodle lead you on an adventure customized to your mood, budget, schedule, and location! Featuring thousands of human-curated adventures, all it takes is one tap to start your journey, and Dowoodle does the rest. Pick a theme, grab a friend (or a few), and get ready to make some memories.

Recall Landing Page

The Recall team, a group of technology enthusiasts based in Chicago and London who pulled together their ideas, and Recall was born. It is a simple, convenient app to help you create and recall digital memories for everything and anything important to you.

Wise Wallet

The WISE WALET app will help you find new places with community recommendations. You can find all that you are looking for. Receive and use promotions and special bonuses available only for you in our mobile application.

Dexen

Dexen Industries, Inc - Manufacturer of gas valves & controls The Dexen Telemetry Mobile application is a device that will work as an IOT gateway to collect data from Dexen’s wireless sensors and transmit the data over to a cloud server.

Running Trainer

A mobile app that makes running personal.

Download on the AppStore

Get it on Google Play

Website developed by us won in the "Medicine, Health, Sport Company Website" category at Golden Site Awards, the biggest competition for Russian Internet projects.

The website was featured at Awwwards.

Dux - Learn English

Educational app for wide audience. Learn English words with British pronunciation. Earn in-game currency and gain access to the next lessons. The app has been installed over 1M times, DAU - over 20K.

Get it on Google Play

Live in Theater - J&K 1965

Created in collaboration with Live In Theater, AR Camera will allow you to travel into the 60's and see through the eyes of the legendary photographer of Life magazine Bill Eppridge as he creates astonishing photographs of two heroin addicts John and Karen in the interactive outdoor experience "J & K 1965". The experience takes place on the streets of New York City's Lower East Side this summer.

Compass Pools

Compass Pools are designed and built using our patented ceramic composite pool shell technology. This underpins our industry leading warranty and after 30 years and with 60,000 of our patented pools worldwide, you can invest with confidence in a Compass Pool. Explore our gallery to discover why we have the biggest and one of the best pool dealer networks in Australia.

Tennis Scoring Online

The app completely replaces the need for expensive scoreboards, you do not need to waste a lot of money to hold a competition. You can keep the score for a multiple number of matches at the same time, the audience can also follow the score from their phone. The app also can display the score on the monitor or connect to the projector. We are constantly adding new features to make the application as useful as possible and help you reach new heights in the game of tennis! Stay tuned and enjoy your tennis games!

Live Colors for Kids

Easiest-to-use coloring app ever! Your little artist will bring masterpieces to life while coloring, drawing and mixing colors! The app is a unique combination of gaming and learning. Watch your child’s motor skills and creativity blossom. Help your child discover the whimsical world of colors!

Case study on Apps4all platform

Download on the AppStore

App Dev for Fitness Class Technology Startup

"I had local engineers do a code review. They consistently were impressed with the quality of the work."

Apr. - July 2018

Building on a past vendor’s work, Omega-R developed an iOS app for fitness instructors. They integrated the Spotify API to enable curated music playlists.

Purchase, New York
Andrew Katz
CEO, Instructrr

Still in beta, the working MVP has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. While overall progress and communication were less than ideal, Omega-R kept the project moving and on budget. Their ability to adapt to evolving specifications helped make their code relatively bug-free.

I’m the founder and CEO of Instructrr, an app for fitness instructors. It enables them to create, curate, and deliver their fitness classes faster, better, and more creatively.

What challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

Fitness instructors don't get paid to create their classes. However, they often spend a lot of time finding music and putting it together with a workout routine. We want to try and speed the process of creation. I hired Omega-R to help create the UX/UI for a product that I can make commercially available to instructors across the U.S. and throughout the world.

I first worked with another vendor on the design and UX/UI for the app. I then shared that with Omega-R. We collaborated and worked together to build the first MVP to go test with users. It was essential that they were able to work with Spotify and Apple Music APIs because most fitness instructors use one or both platforms. Omega-R took playlists, which are just music, and enabled instructors to curate them in a way that lets them put a class together. Instructors can add notes and cues by pinning information to certain songs so that they can use those songs over and over again to create classes.

We created personas based on research with our user base. What we saw from the data informed our decision to have Omega-R build the MVP as an iOS app that uses Spotify. Since we're trying to speed the process of creation, the app has to be simple and intuitive to use. If an instructor knows how to use Spotify, it should be an easy transition due to its usable format.

I had a project manager who managed the day-to-day aspects of the project. I also consistently worked with the head of client services. They would also pull in the CTO or head of design as needed.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

I went through a laborious process of finding an overseas developer. First I identified those that had a product I liked and were able to work well with U.S. startups. I selected Omega-R because they understood the project and would be able to execute it on time and within my budget.

I spent between $50,000–$100,000.

The project took place between April–July 2018.

It took Omega-R approximately three months from the time that they started developing to deliver an MVP. We did user testing to make sure the functionality worked and that the core concept was resonant. Then they optimized the app and connected it to the Spotify API. That enables instructors to use their own music playlists. We launched the first beta version of the app in January 2019, and we currently have instructors using it.

How did Omega-R perform from a project management standpoint?

I was happy with their project management and budget, especially in terms of how close they were to the estimate. They ran sprint plans, and we had regular Skype calls. I'm a non-technical founder, so I had local engineers do a code review. They consistently were impressed with the quality of the work done by Omega-R. It wasn’t flawless or without its issues, but overall they were quite impressed with the product that was delivered.

Omega-R was really invested in the project. They're not a huge firm, so I got a lot of time and attention for the size of my project and budget.

The frustrating part for me is that I still don't have a finished product. I've been at it for about a year, and there's still work to be done. I ended up deciding to hire some local front- and backend developers as well as UX/UI developers because I need to go faster.

Also, they're good English speakers, but there's a difference between hearing and understanding. Sometimes there wasn't a clear understanding of what I was asking for. For me as a non-developer, there were obvious flow issues that are still aren’t right. I'm not sure what the disconnect was or if it got lost in translation. The basic conventions of how an iOS app should run are somewhat intuitive for me. The current design of the app is not as straightforward as I'd like.

Having someone technical on your team to help guide the process will be a more fruitful and productive experience. I’ve learned a lot along the way, but I still don't read or write code. I probably would have gotten to this point faster—and without as many hiccups—if I had a technical co-founder to manage them and the process.

Ongoing iOS App Updates for Educational Organization

“In terms of communication, meeting deadlines, and accomplishing tasks they performed excellently.”

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Omega-R provides ongoing updates for an educational public policy app. They integrate the app with of large amounts state legislation data and provide aesthetic improvements.

Arkansas
President, Educational Organization

Despite the large project size and highly complex material, updates are completed quickly and accurately. The app features improved aesthetics and functionality. The client continuing the relationship for the next scheduled update.

I’m President of a nonprofit public policy educational organization. Specifically, we educate the public on what their individual state senator and state representative are doing. To that end, we publish a “vote scorecard” that details the one-hundred most important bills of the session and how each representative voted, and we give them scores based on that. We provide that information to the public via our website, in paper, and a mobile app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

We need to update our iOS app every two years alongside the new voting session. This is a daunting task as it requires large amounts of data added. It came time to update and we wanted to add push notifications to the app as well. Our previous developer had difficulty with these tasks.

They essentially replaced one year's worth of data with another year's worth of data. I would send out detailed sets of memos and Excel spreadsheets regarding information that would need to be implemented. They interpreted complex state legislature and integrated it into the app. This included 100 bills up for a vote, who voted, all the district maps, and new legislator photos. Legislator contact information, vote scores, and sub-scores were integrated and accessible via links. Due to this significant update, they also redesigned some of the app’s architecture and made aesthetic improvements.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

We found them through Elance.com, which is now Upwork. We considered their rating and comparative cost. It seemed like they would do well on the project so we contracted them.

Around $5,000.

It started in April 2014, and the partnership is ongoing.

I specified many tasks and they interpreted them correctly. Not everyone can understand copious amounts of state legislature. It was a complex task and they did extremely well.

How did Omega-R perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of communication, meeting deadlines, and accomplishing tasks, they performed excellently.

Their accuracy and rapidity of service stood out the most.

I can’t speak to any of significance. I thought they were great.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

Keep in mind that, for some of their staff, English is not their first language. It’s helpful for the customer to make requests as clearly as possible. However, that’s true for any project no matter what language you speak. To clarify, I'm not a multilingual person and they're clearly capable of doing a great job.

Web Development for Promotional Apparel Company

“They’re responsive and I’ve had very good contact with their manager, and that’s the most important thing for me.”

2011 - Ongoing

Omega-R built a large-scale website to increase the visibility of a promotional textiles firm. They’re currently making the website mobile-friendly and executing an SEM strategy.

Krakow, Poland
Marketing, Promotional Apparel Retailer

Omega-R delivered a strong website that has received positive feedback from end users. Their service is affordable and they are quick to implement requested changes. Solid communication and collaboration facilitate a smooth partnership.

My company is in the promotional market. We provide different types of promotional textiles and decorations, so T-shirts, jackets and that sort of thing. We have clients all over Europe and Eastern Asia. I’m responsible for the marketing department.

What challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

We built our new website with them. The whole project was pretty big. In fact, it was more like five websites, one for each different department. The biggest challenge was just to build the site, and then after that, we needed to keep updating and improving it.

First of all, they helped us build the website. Now they’re responsible for keeping it running and of course collecting metrics about its success. We’re also implementing a lot of SEM work and we just started to make the site more mobile- and tablet-friendly. The main goal is to increase our visibility and optimize our SEO strategy. For our European side, a very important factor is the visibility of our decorations and other products. Our pictures need to be really high quality and demonstrate what we can do.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

I wasn’t responsible for bringing them on, but we solicited a few offers and decided that Omega-R was the best.

$50,000-$200,000.

We began working with them in 2011. In 2012, we built the first website. We still have many different projects running at this point, including maintaining the website and implementing new features.

The general comments from our clients have been very positive. They can say that our website is clear and easy to operate.

How did Omega-R perform from a project management standpoint?

Generally, they’re quite good, but it depends on how much work we give them. Sometimes, because of the large size of our website, there are many things to fix on any given day. Sometimes we have to wait a bit longer than we’d like, but we totally understand that.

Our cooperation is quite good. They’re responsive and I’ve had very good contact with their manager, and that’s the most important thing for me. I can always get an answer quickly so we can come to a good solution to any problem that we have. We use a project management software called Mantis to communicate. It’s a really good tool for us; it’s really intuitive. We’re happy because it’s very clear and easy to find all our projects.

What did you find most impressive about Omega-R?

They did good work. Everything is running. I can say that we’re very happy. It’s been a good collaboration.

Are there any areas Omega-R could improve?

I don’t know. Their turnaround time is okay, but it could be better. But that’s an easy thing to say. I don’t really have any comments on that side.

They're in the middle.

Mobile App Dev for Note Taking Startup

"We thought we would need to hire multiple firms... but we found all that capability in Omega-R."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Using mockups and a static demo, Omega-R designed and developed an iOS note-taking app, including selecting a new color palette and creating graphics. They then developed a companion website.

Todd Thibodeaux
Founder, Note Taking Startup

The app has remained stable and easy to use thus far, and will go into testing soon. Omega-R's communication was straightforward, constructive, and honest. Their skill set is very impressive and they provide incredible value for cost. They have already been referred multiple times.

We’re an app startup with three primary principals, and I’m the president. We’re developing an app which helps people keep track of their day-to-day information in a natural and easy way. It’s sort of a simplified version of One Note.

What challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

We needed a firm to build the mobile app from a set of mockups we had developed based on the idea. We had put together a working, static prototype of the application, and we needed someone to turn it into a functioning app without going through a detailed requirements process.

We started late July or early August with a kickoff meeting where we talked about the application and what we had done up to that point. We gave them all the materials we had, including the static demo and the graphics we had designed. They went to work very quickly, establishing a new visual identity and a new color palette and formulated ideas for the companion website we would have.

Our plan was to develop the app for iOS only, and they made recommendations and helped us find the technologies best suited for the app. They provided a fuller range of services than we had initially expected in terms of graphic design. Omega-R provided the full app design and development.

We had originally limited the project to just the app, but we were so impressed with their work that we asked them to develop a website as well. They provided another programmer who was capable of building us a responsive website using HTML5 and CSS, with some very light JavaScript.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

I found them on Upwork and reviewed some of their previous work. They were very responsive from the beginning, and they spoke English very well. Russian programmers, in general, have very good reputations. They tend to be very engaged in their projects and make suggestions based on their understanding of a client’s needs, rather than just programming to requirements. I was leaning toward hiring a firm from Eastern Europe, and Omega-R had a good portfolio on Upwork. They were one of the top-rated groups on that site, with a lot of app experience.

How much have you invested with Omega-R?

We’ve spent almost $60,000.

We’re just about done with the app. We’re adding a few tweaks here and there, but we had 80% of the work done by early December. We’ll be releasing the app for private beta testing soon.

We’ve had seven people use the app in the development stage. All of them have integrated the app into their day-to-day lives. It’s very stable, easy to use, and it hasn’t crashed at all. People like that they can load information into the app without performing organization tasks, and it’s all easily searchable.

How did Omega-R perform from a project management standpoint?

There was very good give and take throughout the process. They asked very good questions, and our primary liaison communicated well with us. We used Slack as our communications tool so everyone could follow along and see what was happening. Slack made it much easier to manage the project, as we had a record of everything that happened. It was a collaborative effort and it worked very effectively. The time zone difference worked to our advantage. When I started my day, I could see the work they had completed overnight.

They were honest and kept us informed of the challenges and successes they had throughout the process. The timelines they gave were generally spot-on. We had a very honest dialog, more straightforward than I’ve had with other programmers. They were very open to feedback and took corrective action when needed.

What did you find most impressive about Omega-R?

The scope of what they can bring to a project is impressive. They have a good graphic design eye. People really like the logo they created, and it’s something we would never have envisioned on our own. We thought we would need to hire multiple firms for the varying projects we had, but we found all that capability in Omega-R. That helped us a lot and probably saved us quite a bit of money.

Are there any areas Omega-R could improve?

I can’t think of any. Whenever we encountered an issue, it was resolved quickly. As they grow as a company, it’ll be important to ensure they have adequate staff to maintain momentum in all their projects.

Overall Score It’s been terrific. We’re having them do the long-term development on our project.
    They gave us a lot of advance warning for any scheduling issues.
    It was an amazing bargain.
    I’ve already referred them twice.

iOS App Development for Hospitality Company

"They have a number of talented developers on their staff."

Jan. - Apr. 2016

Omega-R developed an iOS booking application for the hospitality industry. The team included developers, designers, and testers. They provided additional functionality improvement after the initial development.

Yoshkar-Ola, Russia
Project Manager, Hospitality Company

The app is in its early promotion stages and does not yet have any performance metrics. Omega-R delivered satisfactory results and employs several talented developers. The team can improve on quality assurance, but they worked quickly to resolve issues in the completed product.

Our company works in the industry of hospitality and in the sphere of hotel booking. I am the project manager working on mobile development projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

We are developing different software products dedicated to the hospitality service in Russia. We needed a team that was familiar with iOS development because we did not have resources internally.

We had Omega-R develop our software for the iOS application we created. They have a number of talented developers on their staff that can develop iOS applications. We worked with their developers, designers, and testers.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

We heard about their specialists and high quality development. We analyzed the market and the internet and found similar companies that provide mobile application development services. We found that Omega-R was in our city and we contacted them to discuss our project. After our meeting, the leadership of our company made a decision to collaborate with them.

How much have you invested with Omega-R?

The total cost of the project was $10,000 broken down by billable hours for each department; Development took 241 hours, design took 80 hours, testing took 65 hours, and project management was 65 hours.

The project is complete. The original scope of the project was 2.5 months. After the initial development, Omega-R took about a month and a half of extra time to improve the functionality of the application. We worked with them over the course of 4 months. We started our work on January 14th and finished our work with them in April 2016.

We are satisfied with the quality of the services they provided. We are in the beginning stages of promoting it. Since the application is so new, we do not have metrics we can provide regarding its effectiveness.

Are there any areas Omega-R could improve?

I would suggest that Omega-R should focus more on quality assurance. When we were presented with the application initially, we found that it had a number of issues. Once we identified what the issues were, Omega-R fixed them quickly.

We are satisfied with the quality of the services they provided.

App Development for Guitar Learning Tool

"Omega-R speaks up about whatever things that they feel are wrong."

This one year iPad app development partnership started due the music knowledge of Omega-R's team. The partnership is planned to continue with Omega-R providing updates and maintenance.

Saudi Arabia
Ahmed Alasalli
Founder, Guitar Learning Tool

The client highlights Omega-R's proactiveness when dealing with bugs, but comments that their design emphasis could use work. Overall, the client highly recommends their team.

Our startup is called Guitarability. Our application teaches people how to play the guitar.

I’m the owner and founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

Omega-R has developed the application for us. In terms of what makes our application unique, it listens to the sounds coming off your guitar and tells you real-time whether you’ve played those notes correctly or not. In terms of the competition, there’s currently only three or four other apps in the entire world that actually do this.

I needed them to build the application from scratch. Before even beginning the development, we did a consultancy project with them to determine what we’re going to include and what we’re not going to include, planning overall timelines and feature lists and whatnot. That’s how we realized what could be done and what couldn’t be done at that early stage of the development in order to make sure that we didn’t have anything delayed when we finally implement them to go live. Right now, the app has been developed only for the iPad.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

Like I said, there aren’t many companies in the world that actually have developed technology to listen to you and can tell if you’re playing the music correctly or not. It was very important for me to find somebody who’s not only a good developer, but also someone who has a good background in music and can demonstrate that they can apply various aspects of music theory and music mathematics and come up with the calculations needed for this. I chose Omega-R because they’re employing a guy called Roman Petrov, and if it weren’t for Roman, I wouldn’t choose Omega-R. It’s simply the fact that Omega had a guy that nobody else had.

The idea for Guitarability was born in April 2015, and we launched the application in March 2016, in less than a year.

Obviously, when we started developing, we were focused completely on the technology part until we actually built the technology. We haven’t thought much about user engagement. We haven’t thought about the user life cycle and how we can make it fun, interesting, and challenging for somebody who wants to play the guitar. Now that the application has been launched, we realize we’re getting downloads, but we’re not getting the engagement we want. We’re rewriting the script right now and trying to figure out how to make it really cool and interesting for somebody who wants to play or somebody who’s been playing for a while and wants to get better.

What distinguishes Omega-R from other providers?

Omega-R speaks up about whatever things that they feel are wrong. There is never a debate. When something is wrong, they fix it, which is a very nice and professional way of dealing with things because I’ve dealt with developers who will try to push off the blame. With Omega, it’s different. If something is wrong, they tell you it’s wrong. They don’t wait for you, or if you tell them it’s wrong, they will agree and they will move on and fix it. I think that’s what makes them special.

Is there anything Omega-R could have improved or done differently?

Design. I had to hire about three or four designers during one year because the designer they employed in the company left them, and for three months, they didn’t have a designer who could work on the user [UI] interface designs and user experience [UX] for the application. Then, I had to go and find designers on my own because I didn’t want the entire project to fail and get delayed because of designs. Trying to find a designer is also a trial and error process because you’re dealing with freelancers. I would strongly recommend they focus a lot on this particular area and beef it up.

I think they stuck to the original estimates. One of the reasons is my fault because I didn’t provide them the correct designs, but it’s also their fault for not having the designer.
    I mentioned the design and UI/UX as spaces for improvement.
    Absolutely.

Fitness App Development for Entrepreneur

"All around I would give Omega-R a five-star rating because they nailed what I wanted. "

Omega-R completed development of an iOS and Android app. The application was succesfully launched and updated. Omega-R also provided website building services for the app's sister site.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
Justin Hepner
Entrepreneur, Fitness App Startup

Through smooth project management, attentiveness, and technical knowledge, Omega-R was able to ensure the project was completed successfully. Even when a particularly challenging budget issue arose, Omega-R corrected course and finished the app within budget.

I am an independent developer of an iPhone and Android app. It's called Personal Running Trainer. It's basically an app that helps people train for distance races. It coaches you through different workouts and also will track your distances.

I'm a developer and creator of the app.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

When I first started in 2007, I did some coding of the app myself, but it had quickly gone beyond my skills. So I've hired various developers through the years to help me create it.

Omega-R has done the most recent round of updates to the app. I just released a new updated version both for iPhone and Android. They also helped me with my website.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

I came across Omega-R through a website called Elance, which is now called Upwork. If you're familiar with that, you put out a job and a lot of different companies bid for it. I have used that site for many years and, as I mentioned, I've had experience dealing with many companies.

The project was in the range of $10,000 to $50,000.

I don't have quantitative numbers. It's still pretty new. I can say that I was very pleased with the whole experience.

What distinguishes Omega-R from other providers?

I thought they were attentive, and they were knowledgeable. They were prompt, and they had all the services I needed. I was impressed with that. I've looked at all these other companies and had some horrible experiences. All around I would give Omega-R a five-star rating because they nailed what I wanted. They're doing maintenance for me now, too. That's great, and I trust them to do it. From a design and development part of it, that was easy compared to some other experiences I've had.

Is there anything Omega-R could have improved or done differently?

Any time we had a problem, I would bring it up, and they were very good to work it out. There was a point where I felt we were in the scope of what we originally planned, but we were starting to get out of our budget. They said they would continue working on it for free. I've never experienced that before. If they did make a mistake they corrected it.

Overall Score They nailed what I wanted.
    They weren't completely on schedule for everything, but it wasn't ridiculous.

Video Game App Development for Food Retailer

"I trusted them, and I'm glad I did."

Omega-R developed a gamefied app for the Apple App store and Google Play for brand promotion and recognition. They contributed not only on the devleopment side, but also in the creative process.

Corpus Christi, TX
Jeff Moore
CEO, Curly Wings

The app went live after a rapid six week development process. Omega-R was able to contribute creative ideas quickly and as a result the game has received high reviews and helped promote the Curly Wings brand.

As a day job, I work in insurance and investments but, in relation to Omega-R, I started a company called Curly Wings. We are a provider of curled-up chicken.

I'm the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Omega-R?

I trademarked the company and then Omega-R has been working with me to create a video game for that company as a way to help brand and spread the word.

My app is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store.

How did you come to work with Omega-R?

It took me a while to find a provider that I trusted. I looked at many companies. I researched companies for a year. I found Omega-R through a Google search of top development companies. I talked to them on the phone and felt that they were super nice, and I believed everything they said. They sounded genuine. I also looked at their portfolio. It boiled down to the fact that they made me feel comfortable. Omega-R had many ideas that they contributed to my original idea. I was comfortable, I trusted them, and I'm glad I did.

The whole game cost less than $10,000.

All in all, the game app took about a month and a half to complete.

What distinguishes Omega-R from other providers?

Omega-R responded quickly. I think what I liked is that they also helped come up with additional ideas. They took my ideas and helped me brainstorm. They offered up other suggestions. They were equally involved as I was in the creative decisions. It was awesome.

Is there anything Omega-R could have improved or done differently?

No. I think they're awesome.

Australian Freelance Developer Application Development

"They have always ensured that bugs are ironed out, and the app is working smoothly."

Mar. 2013 - Ongoing

Omega-R developed and designed an educational Android app from existing wireframes with the goal of reaching 5 million app downloads worldwide.

Freelancer

Australia
Australian Freelance Developer

Omega-R is diligent in ensuring all problems are ironed out, and the final app works smoothly. The team has great English communication skills and responds quickly to correspondence, which has resulted in a long-term relationship for project upgrades.

I am an independent developer in Australia. I am currently working on my third mobile app. I intend to make a series of educational apps for users worldwide. I am not incorporated yet, but will likely do that in the future. I take on all of the responsibilities of a sole proprietorship.

My goal was to produce a particularly high quality educational app with the potential to achieve 5 million downloads or more worldwide. The app must not be restricted to a particular educational district or region and must have extensive appeal.

I started out with a comprehensive wireframe, which I submitted to Omega-R. They developed the app around this, incorporating their own design work in the process. I selected Android as the platform as I believed it had the most potential in the non-English speaking world.

Omega-R has been involved in design as well as coding and graphic design. It is almost completed as of May of 2014. I started the project with Omega-R in early 2013. This has been an ongoing project with intermittent upgrades along the way.

In hindsight, I should have used iOS instead of Android in order to monetize more effectively. I have been very satisfied with Omega-R. They have always ensured that bugs are ironed out, and the app is working smoothly. I haven’t worked with any other companies to date. I am extremely likely to recommend Omega-R to other entrepreneurs.

The first contact I made was with Natalie [a project manager with Omega-R]. She has exceptional communication skills in English and assiduously replies to all correspondence. Without a doubt, she is the main reason that I commenced the project in the first place, and used this company to do all the upgrades during the past 12 months.

Australian Digital Agency Outsourced Development

"If they have the bandwidth to take it on, they get first priority on all of my work."

Omega-R initially built several mobile apps in an ongoing relationship that has resulted in multiple projects and grown to include web design and e-commerce.

Australia
Director, Imagine Digital Solutions

Omega-R discloses all in-house resources and identifies how many hours are required for each aspect of a project. The team is not only friendly but has a great concept of design specifications. Omega-R provides prototype builds, which ultimately acquires new business.

Please describe your company and your role and responsibilities.

My company is an Australian-based company that has branched out globally. We specialize in website mobile apps and digital media, basically anything that is online. Here in Australia, we work a lot with agencies, and a lot of clients come through the agencies. The agencies traditionally do print, radio, and TV. We work as the digital arm of their business. I’m the director.

I outsource everything, and I scoured the world to find the best of the best. I have a network of businesses around me, which I outsource to and that I can rely on. I bring them into conference calls on Skype and Google Hangout.

What was your goal for working with Omega-R?

I use them as an outsource provider. They are a boutique mobile app design development studio in Moscow, Russia. I started working with them and had a few mobile app builds that I needed to attend to. Initially, I was amazed. To be honest, I couldn’t be happier with them. From the start, they gave me complete transparency of their in-house resources including how many programmers, developers, iOS developers, and Android developers they had.

They supplied a link with every staff member's resume, so I could see that they were legitimate and had nothing to hide. It has been an amazing experience to be able to work with a company that I’d never heard of before to partner with various agencies. I’ve opened the door to them to get work from Australia, which is an opportunity they wouldn’t have had before. We have three ongoing projects now. All of my clients have been very happy with Omega-R as well. They are nice and friendly. I have no hesitation bringing them into Skype or Google Hangout conversations with my clients, especially with the mobile app builds, which can get very technical. They are very good with the clients, and we can operate with them being a white-label brand. They are fully transparent when talking to my clients that they work for Omega-R.

They do mobile apps and websites. We recently started doing e-commerce work. When dealing with one client in terms of design and look and feel, they had a mockup with 90 percent of exactly what the client wanted. There was minimal back and forth in the design phase. That usually tends to be the most difficult thing to accomplish. When you’re dealing with partners overseas, they sometimes interpret things differently than how I would interpret it. They got it spot on, and 90 percent was a great effort. We only needed to fine-tune the design before we started development. That was very good.

What was your process for selecting Omega-R with which to work?

I began talking to them through LinkedIn messages. I liked their profile, so I spoke with them some more and ultimately selected them. They started with small projects and earned my trust.

One mobile app build is more than $20,000, and another build is $45,000. Websites are pretty cheap because so many people can create them. One was only $8,000.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The main metric is completing successful projects on time and on budget. They have satisfied all of my end clients, so I have no complaints.

When I started doing this, I would have automatically outsourced to India because of the margins. The problem with India is that it can be hard to find good quality developers and quality control. It is also hard to communicate with Indian partners. I can trust that Omega-R is doing the right thing all the time. I don’t have to micromanage a project to make sure that the design is correct. It's important that they understand how the mobile app needs to function. They can interpret all of those issues very well and bring it to life with minimal oversight from me. They start the job and do it right. It's not a headache for me.

I’ve had negative instances with other companies when I’ve wondered why I was even doing offshore. To find the right partners and suppliers takes a long time. I’ve gone through a lot of partners during the last two years, trying to find the right ones. Omega-R is definitely a high priority for work as soon as it comes through. If they have the bandwidth to take it on, they get first priority on all of my work.

Another great thing about Omega-R is that when they provide a quote or proposal, they break down every single project in an Excel or Google Docs spreadsheet. They identify how many design, development, testing, and management hours each part of the project will take. They are completely transparent with respect to the human resources that will actually go into building the project. That is a great technique to be able to justify the price. When you see it in print, you see why their price makes sense.

With some clients that I’ve had to pitch for the work, Omega-R helped me get a low deal because they have screenshots of how they envision everything working. They also set up prototype [half builds], so we can go into a meeting with confidence, knowing that what Omega-R has provided me with prototypes to be able to articulate how the app works, its benefits, and how the app is monetized to give the client a positive return on investment.

One client is a large homebuilder in Australia that wanted to take a panoramic photo of an empty housing site under construction to show potential homebuyers. They could stitch a 3-D home onto the site and give you a virtual tour through the home. You can see how it would look on that specific piece of land.

Omega-R was able to explain the benefits of this function to this old-school property company. They were able to visualize how the home would look. That kind of demo prompts the user to request a quote or request to speak to an agent after going through that visualization process. They sent me some PDFs with the design in each stage as well as how the user flow would look with the app. I was able to present that to the client very effectively. The client understood what they were trying to accomplish, and Omega-R helped us acquire new business.

You can always improve upon price. Sometimes, builds come back a bit more expensive than other suppliers. That is one of the reasons that if we're working with a tight budget, they try to work with whatever budget I give them as much as possible.

Overall Score I believe that every business can improve what they’re doing. Omega-R is very good, and I have no complaints.
    They’re very good. There is always room for improvement...They are super efficient. Whenever they tell me they're going to get a proposal or other deliverable back to me, they always set realistic expectations.
    Sometimes, I think they can do it cheaper, and their proposals come in a little high when compared to other suppliers. But, then, I weigh it against the lack of headaches and the confidence of knowing that they’re going to do a good job...
    I have recommended them to other businesses in Australia.