A Full-service, Fully Integrated Marketing Agency

Attention grabbing

The new currency for marketers is “attention”. Consumers’ attention is at a premium as we get bombarded with thousands of messages each day. The combined efforts of OKD and MJM ensure clients have a sound strategy for reaching their consumers, and a compelling message that will get their attention... on television, radio, or their mobile phone.

Full-Service agency in a digital world

OKD is more than a digital agency, we are a Full-Service agency for the digital world. We can deliver a strategy that truly puts the client first, because we are platform agnostic, and have a team of diverse digital experts. All our strategies lead to a measurable interaction, and we use the data to optimize future activities.

The OKD Marketing Group is a fully integrated marketing and advertising agency based in Burlington, Ontario with offices in Calgary Alberta and Hamilton Ontario. Our team of 60 talented employees can develop the strategy, produce the content, distribute the content over any platform, and measure/analyze/report on the results. We serve more than 100 active clients across a variety of diverse industries, and our work is seen across Canada and the United States. OKD was established in 1981, and today we are a $20mm company that has doubled in size since 2014 and plans on continued growth.

At OKD we continually improve our capabilities and offering, and we are proud to announce our acquisition of MJM Media. MJM Media is recognized as a leader in the Canadian audio and video production industry, and have been an establishment in the Hamilton community for more than 30 years.

1981
Burlington, Canada
  • 3375 North Service Rd, A12-15,
    Burlington, ON L7N 3G2

Marketing for a Franchised Brand

“They don’t have to rely on outside freelancers because they have all the expertise they need in house.”

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

OKD Marketing supported outreach efforts across a variety of print, radio, and online channels. Some of their work included campaign creation and support, media buying, and event management.

Oakville, Canada
Director of Marketing, Franchised Brand

OKD Marketing’s continued success set the foundation for a lasting relationship. The team was very understanding, proactive, and responsive, going above and beyond to meet needs and requirements. They’re a trustworthy partner.

I was the director of marketing of a franchised network with over 385 locations across Canada. I managed both national and regional marketing efforts on behalf of our brand.

For what projects/services did your company hire OKD Marketing?

We needed marketing assistance.

OKD Marketing worked on a number of projects while I was in my role, and each initiative had a set of unique measurables.

We met with an account representative from OKD Marketing who pitched a number of creative ideas. Some time passed, and we eventually found ourselves in need of a partner with their skillset. We chose to work with them, and the relationship grew from there.

We’ve tasked OKD Marketing with multiple projects throughout the partnership. Generally, they provided creative support across print, radio, and online channels. They developed and implemented online marketing campaigns to drive leads to our custom-built website. They helped us with media buying in primarily the digital space. They were also involved in building and managing a franchise contest. Whenever we had a retail event for our franchise, they produced and printed over 385 kits for the occasion.

I worked with a dedicated team from OKD Marketing, and there hasn’t been much turnover. In addition to our core resources, I also have access to higher-level management and various specialists as necessary. If there’s a specific need, like copywriting or social media work, they provide an expert to help us.

Based on the quality and success of their work, the relationship continues to grow and expand.

The company had some pretty ambitious needs with minimal resources. The OKD Marketing team understood our challenge and worked proactively and responsively to meet all of our needs. I always felt like the work was in good hands. They kept us organized throughout each project.

I was most impressed by their staff. They don’t have to rely on outside freelancers because they have all the expertise they need in house.

I can’t think of anything.

Digital Marketing for Automotive Company

“They developed my business. … they did everything.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

After conceptualizing and creating a marketing strategy, OKD developed an e-commerce website and produced a retail video. They also designed POP and booth displays, and continue to provide ongoing services.

Hamilton, Canada
Partner, Automotive Company

OKD’s guidance and commitment have brought sales from zero to holding displays in a prominent automotive retail chain. Straightforward communication, superlative delivery, and an accommodating disposition continues to nurture the ongoing engagement.

I’m vice president of sales, marketing, and operations of an automotive company.

What challenge were you trying to address with OKD?

We approached them with a finished product I made over a 2–3 year span. My company’s strengths are in manufacturing, and we’re not great at marketing or sales of this kind of product in the retail space. We wanted to bring the product to market and increase sales.

We asked them for the best strategy based on what we wanted to do, and they presented the ideas for a website and online video. They developed our website, including the e-commerce portion, and also scripted, directed, and edited a video.

They designed all of our POP [point of purchase] displays for a prominent tire company, which was our main focus. They also helped with our booth display at a national hardware show in Las Vegas two years ago.

We sat down together to gather a keyword list. They did digital work for point of sales videos at the end of each aisle. For the prominent tire company, each store has a player that displayed a condensed version of our online video. They also redesigned these types of things.

We’re looking at a few options now. We’re going to be getting into the U.S. a bit more. We know what we’re doing in Canada, and expanding to the U.S. is a great step forward.

How did you come to work with OKD?

A friend recommended them to me. Their office was only two blocks away from mine, so it was a natural, easy fit. We didn’t consider any other companies. We knew what we wanted to do and that they were really good at their jobs. They were also knowledgeable about search engines, so it worked out well.

We spent between $50,000–$199,999.

We started working together in January 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

They developed my business. They did everything. We went from zero sales to where we are now.

We told them what we wanted to do, and they guided us through it. We went through and kept pursuing it, and finally, now, we’re displayed in a prominent tire company’s retail stores. They’ve done a very good job for us, and I’m really happy with them.

How did OKD perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s so easy. We just tell them what we want to happen and when, and they take care of everything. It’s almost like I have that department in my own business. Communication is also really good. I wasn’t thrilled with one, small segment on the video, so I went back to them and told them. They gladly agreed to change it, and it was fixed a day later.

The video was outstanding and hilarious. We’ve become friends through business, and it’s a really good working relationship.

I’m not disappointed with anything. I haven’t gotten mad or upset, and there’s nothing negative to say.

Be involved in every step of the way. It’s a great learning experience in an industry I’m not very familiar with.

Overall Score I really enjoyed it. I really like working with Brent [Partner, OKD Marketing]. It’s been fantastic. They’re great guys who present themselves well.
    I had to ask a couple of times what was going on, but that was probably my own fault.
    If I were disappointed, I would’ve gone elsewhere.
    The products they provide are outstanding.
    I’ve already done it. I’d recommend them to anyone in small or large businesses.

Web Development for Benefits Company

"Our rebrand has clarified our message and driven new revenue to our firm."

Jan. - Oct. 2018

OKD Marketing managed a rebrand that included website redesign and video production.

Burlington, Canada
Rob Green
President, Green Benefits Group

The rebrand earned enthusiastic praise from clients and brought the company to the first page of search engine results. OKD Marketing responded immediately to requests, asked thoughtful questions, and aligned their strategy with the company's long-term goals.

Green Benefits Group specializes in revitalizing employee benefit and retirement plans for small and mid-size employers. I'm the founder and president.

For what projects/services did your company hire OKD Marketing?

We needed to update our website and branding message and produce videos that outlined our unique market position.

We needed help with positioning ourselves in the marketplace and clarifying our brand message.

We interviewed a few firms that we thought would meet our needs. We wanted to work with a firm that was big enough to deliver, yet small enough for a personal connection.

They built our website, produced video content, and directed our corporate rebranding.

We've worked with a number of their talented teammates, but we've had one point of contact. That's super.

We're at the top of Google search results and receive fabulous feedback from clients and prospects. Our rebrand has clarified our message and driven new revenue to our firm.

I couldn't be happier. They meet and exceed our implementation targets.

They understood us from the start and took the time to ask the right questions about our goals. If something needed to be tweaked, they did it immediately.

Not from us.

They were organized and continuously kept us informed as to where they were during project timelines.
    They came in right at budget and were worth every dollar. Every dollar invested has paid us back 5-fold.
    Couldn't be happier - exceeded our expectations.