Plan With Our Pros

From analytics and strategy to activation and performance metrics, Media Matters Worldwide provides clients with a full suite of integrated media planning and buying services for optimal reach and results.

We have experience working with both B2C and B2B clients and specialize in buying and planning media across Television, Radio, Direct Mail, Paid Search, Social Media, Print, Out-of-home, Programmatic Display, and Video.

Media Matters Worldwide empowers B2C and B2B businesses to make smarter marketing decisions. How?

We’ve built a dedicated team of the best media and analytics experts in the industry, and make ongoing investments in the latest media technologies to develop creative, efficient, transparent, and measureable solutions. And when it comes to our working relationships with clients, we’re as service-oriented as we are strategic.

2005
San Francisco, CA
  • One Embarcadero Center Suite 500
    San Francisco, CA 94111

Starter, Buffalo David Bitton, Poly (Plantronics and Polycom), Quay Sunglasses, The Commerce Casino, Viator, Avast, Mountain Hardwear, Mendocino County of Tourism, Genesys, Wonder Workshop, Lyve, Circulon, SF Ballet, Candies, Okta, Patelco Credit Union, Umbro, Livescribe, Material Girl, Mudd.

Dig Marketing & Content Comm for Identity Management Co

“I have continued to re-engage them at four different organizations because their services are so great.”

2015 - 2017

Media Matters Worldwide provided content communication and digital marketing services to generate leads and increase market awareness. They oversaw digital and in-person campaigns. The team managed SEM and SMM.

San Francisco Bay Area
Former Director of Demand Generation, Identity Management Company

Media Matters Worldwide’s ability to negotiate impressive media rates delivered excellent value. The team drove outstanding results and offered strong recommendations. Their consistent and reliable nature has supplemented an ongoing engagement.

I’m currently a marketing consultant. Prior to this role, I worked in B2B marketing in the tech space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

I’ve worked with Media Matters Worldwide for more than twenty years, but I did a substantial amount of work with them when I was the director of demand generation at an enterprise-grade identity management company. We needed help with lead generation, market awareness, and campaigns.

Media Matters Worldwide provided content communication and digital marketing services. They helped me manage different lead generation initiatives, the larger of which were content syndication media programs. They negotiated great rates for media and white paper programs, lead generation, and webinars.

The team also oversaw search engine marketing (SEM), including as Google Ads, and social media marketing (SMM), such as campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. They helped create and lead in-person campaigns, one of which was an event. They procured all of the different pieces that were necessary to execute these campaigns.

I worked with various team members on different projects over the years. I most consistently engaged with Taji and Josy (Co-Founders & Managing Partners, Media Matters Worldwide). I also had contact with Melanie (Media Director, Media Matters Worldwide) and Maxine (Media Director & Client Partner, Media Matters Worldwide).

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

I met them a long time ago. I have continued to re-engage them at four different organizations because their services are so great. They get excellent results.

The enterprise-grade identity management company spent about $50,000–$100,000 per quarter, with overall costs ranging from $200,000–800,000.

I initially worked with Media Matters Worldwide in 2008. Their work for the enterprise-grade identity management company spanned 2015–2017, but I also worked with them in 2010, 2012–2014, and 2014­–2016. I haven’t yet worked with them in my current role.

At the highest level, their recommendations were always really solid. The value that they provide as an agency lies in their ability to negotiate amazing rates.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very reliable. We communicated via email.

Something that stood out to me was the consistency that they brought to the partnership.

No, I can’t think of anything.

They aren’t the most cost-effective, but I also think you get what you pay for.

Brand Activation Campaign & Digital Marketing for Comm Co

“They’ve knocked it out of the park as far as being a good partner.”

Media Matters Worldwide launched a brand activation campaign for a newly integrated communications company. Services include paid digital and social, digital out-of-home advertising, and programmatic display.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Santa Cruz, California
Senior Digital Marketing & Media Manager, Communications Company

Media Matters Worldwide’s work has met and exceeded all primary KPIs, including site traffic and cost-per-engagement. Internal stakeholders praise their high-quality yet cost-effective services. Flexible and accommodating, the team takes unexpected issues and last-minute changes in stride.

I’m a senior digital marketing and media manager at a B2B communications company. We sell smart endpoint solutions, such as headsets, desk and conference phones, and video collaboration solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

My company acquired another communications company about two years ago. As part of that integration, we needed to launch a new brand.

Media Matters Worldwide launched our brand activation campaign to announce that these two companies were coming together as one brand. They began the campaign with a two-week saturation period, during which we did a lot of paid digital media and digital out-of-home advertising. After that, they led us into a sustaining period and used paid search, paid social, and programmatic display as our primary vehicles.

They continue to manage our brand activation campaign. We’re also running an additional global dimension program with them.

We work with 6–7 Media Matters Worldwide team members. Our primary contacts are Jennifer (Media Director and Client Partner, Media Matters Worldwide) and Jill (Project Management Lead, Media Matters Worldwide).

We also work with Lisa (Strategic Digital Account Director, Media Matters Worldwide) on analytics and Cheryl (Social Media Director, Media Matters Worldwide) on paid social. Although we may not be interfacing with them on a daily basis, various people work on the campaign in the background. They often join our weekly check-in calls.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

We went through a robust RFP process and looked at 7­–8 brand-first agencies. Media Matters Worldwide won our vote based on their expertise, the previous work they shared with us, their metrics-driven approach, and the nice dashboarding that they offer.

We began working with Media Matters Worldwide in January 2019, and our work together is ongoing. The brand activation campaign began in mid-March, and it will run through the end of August.

Our primary KPIs have been met and even exceeded. We surpassed our website traffic goals tenfold. We also beat our efficiency goals, measured by cost-per-engagement, by 6–8 times. The quality of their work exceeds that of any other agency I’ve worked with.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

I can’t say enough about them in this respect. Media Matters Worldwide has been awesome to work with. They have many team members representing various areas of expertise.

As a company that’s still integrating, we experience a lot of unexpected things and last-minute changes. Media Matters Worldwide has been very responsive and adaptive. They’ve knocked it out of the park as far as being a good partner.

Their adaptability and flexibility stand out. Other agencies I’ve worked with pushed back when I made last-minute change requests, whereas Media Matters Worldwide has been understanding and accommodating of the complex integration process we’re going through. As issues have come up, they’ve risen to the challenge and helped meet our needs without ever complaining. They handle pop-up requests with grace.

Media Matters Worldwide delivers concrete plans and ensures that we understand them and are in agreement. They make sure to understand our primary KPIs, expectations, and what we’re trying to achieve with paid media, so that the plan is informed by all of that.

I’d say everybody has room for improvement, but compared to other agencies I’ve worked with, Media Matters Worldwide are rock stars.

Hire them if you’re looking for a responsive, detail-oriented agency with a proven track record. They can handle any digital marketing challenges.

Overall Score They provide us with the best media activations they possibly can. They ask questions, which reveals things we hadn’t thought about internally.
    They not only meet deadlines but go above and beyond to get things done ahead of time. They make sure we have what we need, when we need it.
    Based on the percentage of total spend fees for management and execution, I feel like we’re getting more than our money’s worth.
    They’re excellent at planning and collecting all necessary information to develop a robust and thoughtful media plan. They hit all of our primary KPIs out of the park.
    I’m very likely to refer them. I was happy to leave this review, since they’re a great agency.

Social Media & Programmatic Advertising for Tourist Co

“They were right on with their results.”

Dec. 2018 - June 2019

They executed a media plan and conducted a Nielsen survey to help a tourist organization reach target markets. The team did programmatic advertising on different digital channels and managed all social media.

Ukiah, California
Alison de Grassi
Director of Marketing and Media, Visit Mendocino County

Media Matters Worldwide exceeded expectations in their execution of a campaign that drew 35 million impressions and boosted web traffic. Internal stakeholders found the engagement extremely informative and beneficial. The team managed the project seamlessly by scheduling weekly status calls.

I’m the director of marketing and media for Visit Mendocino County, a destination marketing organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

We needed to get our branding and marketing messages out to our target markets.

Media Matters Worldwide delivered a media plan, which included a budget, goals, and expectations. Media Matters Worldwide also conducted a Nielsen survey to determine the effectiveness of our marketing efforts with the general public.

My company provided the deliverables, and they purchased advertising programmatically across various media channels. For instance, they purchased media web page takeovers in a programmatic fashion. Other channels included Spotify and Pandora, which we did A/B testing on. They serviced all of our social media channels.

We had regular contact with six team members, including Jennifer (Media Director, Client Partner, Media Matters Worldwide), Lisa (Account Director, Media Matters Worldwide), Emilie (Director of Analytics, Media Matters Worldwide), and Cheryl (Social Media Director, Media Matters Worldwide).

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

Our marketing consultant referred Media Matters Worldwide, and we were impressed by their credentials. They presented to our marketing committee, who then recommended to our board that we retain them.

My company spent $300,000.

Our work together spanned December 2018–June 2019.

Media Matters Worldwide more than fulfilled all of the goals and expectations within the media plan. Over six months, our campaign drew 35 million impressions. We’ve achieved an above-average click-through rate and have increased web traffic by 150%. We’re extremely pleased with Media Matters Worldwide’s performance.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they did excellent. Once we handed the deliverables off to them, they reported on their performance during the weekly reporting calls.  We also emailed back and forth depending on where we were in a particular project, but emails were generally limited to confirming the deliverables, messaging, and checking up on invoicing and payment. Media Matters Worldwide was very prompt, and they were communicative in their calls.

My company doesn’t have a lot of experience in this type of advertising; in the past, we’ve just done more traditional advertising, like print. We found Media Matters Worldwide extremely easy to work with. They were clear in their communication, and they provided us with a set of goals that they were able to reach and even surpass. They were right on with their results.

No, there aren’t any I can think of. If anything, my organization learned a lot about where engagement lies and how to market our business and county. We’ll take these lessons into our next contract with Media Matters Worldwide.

Be clear about your internal goals, so that Media Matters Worldwide can devise a media plan that will accomplish these goals.

Overall Score It was a pleasure doing business with them. They’re a great team that works well together, and we felt very confident in their ability to perform.
    They were always on time, and they were good about scheduling regular meetings.
    Our collateral has performed very well. They were prompt to let us know if a particular piece of collateral wasn’t performing up to expectations.
    They consistently delivered above our expectations.
    I would have no hesitation referring them to someone looking for digital marketing services.

Media Planning for Credit Union

“They provided expertise in a rapidly changing field and always made us feel like we could ask any questions.”

Media Matters Worldwide created and executed a digital marketing strategy for a credit union. Their team was responsible for market research, ad retargeting, and display ads.

501-1000

Pleasonton, California
Alison Jones
Former VP Marketing, Patelco Credit Union

The campaign led to an increase in site visitors and new customers. Media Matters Worldwide is communicative, open to feedback, and intelligent. Their expert team invests themselves to ensure their success and manages projects effectively.

I am the former VP of marketing for one of California’s largest credit unions. I was responsible for all facets of marketing, advertising, communications, and PR.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

It was clear that we needed to elevate our digital presence so we were looking for a partner to help us with that.

Media Matters Worldwide was a strategic partner supporting our entry into the digital media space. Their team tested a relatively small budget on ad retargeting and display ads. As this was proven successful, we shifted more of our traditional advertising budget to digital and their role expanded.

They offered insights into prospect search behavior and helped us pinpoint ways to grow our client base. hey provided us with creative resources we needed to supplement our lean team and enabled us to produce a higher volume of content.

We worked with several members of the Media Matters Worldwide team, including Taji (Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Media Matters Worldwide), a reporting analyst, and media buyers.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

I found Media Matters Worldwide through an online search. It was important that they were local and accessible, but I also appreciated that it was a team led by women. I knew that they would give our team the attention we needed.

They were a growing company with tremendous individual expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. On a personal level, they were great people to work with and they provided us with the expertise and intelligence we needed. And they continue to be a great professional and industry resource.

We invested in the range of $200,000–$500,000 a year.

We continued to expand our digital advertising budget because it was working for us. It was clear that the influx of traffic was coming from digital advertising and that Media Matters Worldwide’s efforts brought new customers and site visitors. The service, reporting, and expertise they gave us were invaluable to our team.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was excellent. Our teams held weekly meetings in which we went over detailed metrics and trends, collaborating to shift our strategy as necessary.

Their energy, industry knowledge and creative approach to problem-solving along with their service quality were very impressive. I’d hire them again if I were in a position to do so.

Because I was new to digital media, I was focused on learning as much as I could from them. It’s hard to say if there’s anything they could improve upon.

They were on it.
    They took control of the channel and made it easy for us to see where our money was going. They were proactive and service-oriented.

Media Strategy for Software Company

"After six months of working together, we had far exceeded our original goals."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Media Matters Worldwide helps to develop and implement skillful and innovative media strategies to build brand awareness and drive audience engagement, resulting in revenue growth over time.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Redwood City, California
Sherry Bennett
Global Director of Marketing, Avast

Media Matters continues to exceed expectations through their deep understanding of the business, the ever-changing media landscape, and the competitive environment. Their extensive media expertise generated creative and insightful triggers to meet and surpass the delivery of KPIs.

Avast is in the business to keep people safe online. As the global director of marketing at Avast, my role is to deliver our core brand message as efficiently as possible to as many consumers as possible while staying true to our brand. This means consistently growing our brand awareness and brand preference and staying one step ahead of our competition.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

With limited dollars and a crowed competitive landscape, we need to make every dollar work as hard as possible. This means using media strategically, surrounding our target audience at important moments throughout their day or during current events impacting their lives—whether they are commuting to work, browsing the web, banking online, shopping online, sharing on social media or when there is a cybersecurity attack.

Media Matters oversees and implements our media strategy and placements across all media channels.  They work closely with our creative partners to develop standout media campaigns that break through the competitive clutter and deliver results.

My team at Media Matters is comprised of between 5–8 people, each specializing in different disciplines from digital and OOH experts to Google Analytics and performance/optimization analysts. Account managers and agency principals oversee our business to be sure the team is on strategy, delivering on time and successfully against our KPIs.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

My background is in media and account planning on the agency side and I have known of Media Matters and their principals for many years.  When we started searching for a new media partner, they were on my shortlist of companies to evaluate as our media partner.

What impressed me most about Media Matters is how they are structured.  Not too many companies can pull off a virtual working environment, however at Media Matters, their teams work seamlessly—when you are on a call with Media Matters, you wouldn’t know they weren’t all in the same room.  It’s extraordinary that all members of the team are aligned, offering a depth of knowledge in their area of expertise. I’m also impressed with their real-time dashboard, a tool that aggregates data across all media channels, displaying key performance metrics against a variety of campaign attributes.

We started working with Media Matters in January 2017 and are still working with them today.

When we first started working together, we established campaign KPIs based on industry benchmarks and Media Matter’s experience with past clients. After six months of working together, we had far exceeded our original goals.

After the conclusion of each campaign, we set new goals based on our previous successes. We continue to outpace our goals each year and I’m happy to report we are on track to eclipse our goals for this year as well.

Our success has come as a result of simultaneously fine-tuning our media strategy and creative approach and staying current with media and market trends.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

Media Matter’s project management and account service have been outstanding, especially in terms of their responsiveness and thoroughness.  I'll frequently inquire about new and different media approaches and they always come back with a thoughtful response that typically includes more detail than expected.

The team is well organized and informed.  We meet weekly (and more often if needed) to review a detailed status report, current activities, and campaign performance, leaving time to brainstorm on campaign optimizations and to discuss new media. They've far exceeded my expectations.

I’m very impressed by their strategic thinking, specialization across multiple media channels and depth of analytics they bring to the planning process and optimization of campaigns. Collectively, this experience has continuously moved us toward meeting and going beyond our performance goals and core objectives.

The account management is also very strong. They pay special attention to details and are very insightful in discussions. They often present considerations and options from a new and useful point of view.

While there isn’t too much to improve on, I would highlight two possibilities.  Although they provide competitive spending data, I would like to see more insights on competitive spending – a look at the trends over time, challenges and opportunities we should consider as we budget for future quarters, an analysis of media usage and seasonal spend. The second is proactively starting a discussion on new and emerging media even before it becomes viable.  This is a personal interest – I like to keep up with what’s on the horizon even if it’s years away.

Most successful partnerships start with mutual request and great input. Sharing as much information as possible on the industry, competitors, business goals, product portfolio, brand positioning, target personas, the performance of past campaigns and performance goals, will guarantee a more fruitful agency/client relationship and yield successful campaign results.

Media Planning & Buying Services for Advertising Firm

"They were always patient and willing to provide additional information."

Jan. - Nov. 2018

Media Matters Worldwide developed media strategies and implemented various initiatives for a brand management firm. The team built custom dashboards and created attribution models for a group of brands.

New York Metro Area
Former Director of Media & Home Marketing, Advertising Firm

Media Matters Worldwide increased ROI to 300% for several accounts. Despite some initial concerns from the client, the team maintained an effective workflow throughout the project. Their commitment to providing exceptional services to each account, regardless of size, made them a valuable partner.

I worked with Media Matters while at another firm. I was the director of media and home marketing at a brand management and licensing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

We brought on Media Matters to help us with our media planning and buying.

They were essentially our agency of record. They worked on a variety of accounts—from men's athletic wear to home fashion to juniors’ brands—and were putting different targeting initiatives and strategies in place for each one.

They built customized dashboards for us that let us track media engagement and look at what was working and what wasn't. In some cases—specifically one of the brands that were sold exclusively on Amazon—they were able to develop attribution models for us.

We had one dedicated account lead. She brought all of the channel specialists' work together. We also had a project manager who worked on the account. She pulled other people onto projects as needed.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

We went through an extensive review process. My CMO identified that we needed to find a more data-driven agency based on our consumer needs and the changing digital climate.

We hired an experienced consultant, and he identified six agencies for us. We set aside a day where they all came in, and Media Matters really shined. They were, by far, the best that we saw during that process.

Our budget was about $5.2 million.

I worked with Media Matters for almost seven months. We started talking to them around November 2017 and officially began the partnership in January 2018. I left the company in November 2018, and they were still on board when I left.

The brands that were sold on Amazon were always a challenge for us, but Media Matters was able to quantify and grow our ROI for those accounts. Our ROI was up to 300% using the Amazon advertising platform.

Other aspects of the partnership weren’t as quantifiable or trackable because we were working with brick and mortar retail. They were helping us develop more attribution models for those pieces of the business. Our budgets were segmented by brand, and they were very attuned to that and able to help us build strategies.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

The dedicated account manager came into the office once a week—sometimes twice, if needed—which was very helpful. She was able to tap into the resources that we needed based on the different projects we were working on.

Everything was expertly managed in Trello. They're a digitally-based company, so they didn't have a home office. We were a little concerned about that when we hired them, but they were able to work well with each other and stay organized.

They were basically on-call whenever we needed them. Even the team members on the West Coast were able to adjust to our schedules easily. Working with them was a seamless experience.

We were a very fast-paced company with many different objectives per brand, and some of the brands that we worked with had very small budgets. For example, one of our smallest accounts had a budget of around $200,000. This project was divided between six or seven brands, and Media Matters was able to dedicate time to each one.

It’s very hard to find vendors in the media space who pay equal attention to smaller accounts. This was one of the factors that drew us to them initially. Media Matters was always very receptive to our changing budgets and requirements, even for those smaller brands.

The team from Media Matters is also comprised of people who are extremely kind and supportive. They were always patient and willing to provide additional information. There were several members of our company—some on the executive team—who didn't quite understand digital media, and Media Matters was quick to stop and explain their processes even while they were executing them.

I don't think so. Our business experienced a rough couple of months towards the end of the project, but I wouldn't attribute any of that to Media Matters.

Make sure—and I think they would suggest this too—that you're scheduling weekly calls with them. They also have a briefing template that you can fill out. If you give them plenty of information about your objectives, whether it be targeting, KPIs, or other goals, they’ll be able to do their jobs well.

They started on the work before we even had a contract signed.
    They always came in on budget.
    Their focus is very narrow. It's specifically media. So, if someone needs media planning exclusively, I would definitely recommend them.

Digital Marketing for Outdoor Retailer

“They strive to have a full picture of our brand so that they can make the most impactful strategic decisions.”

Aug. 2017 - Present

Media Matters Worldwide provides digital marketing services, including paid search, paid social, and programmatic display advertising. The team creates content and manages campaigns.

51-200

Drew Schneier
Senior Marketing Manager, Mountain Hardwear

Their digital campaigns correlate directly to increases in site traffic and revenue. A knowledgeable and responsive team, Media Matters Worldwide delivers uniquely transparent and insightful reporting and analytics. They facilitate an effortless collaboration and take ownership of their work.

I’m the senior marketing manager at Mountain Hardwear, an outdoor apparel and equipment company that is owned by a large sportswear parent company. I oversee all digital and social strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

We employ a shared services model with our parent company, but last fall, they began giving several of their subsidiaries more autonomy and ownership last fall. My company took over all e-commerce and digital advertising duties.

One of my first tasks was finding an agency that could help us with digital advertising campaigns. This was the first time that Mountain Hardwear was taking on digital advertising internally, so we needed to trust whatever agency we hired. Also, we had to onboard them in the fall, right before our busiest, most revenue-generating time of the year. Therefore, we needed to find a media agency that all internal stakeholders would sign off on, and then get them up and running before we reached such a pivotal time of the year.

Media Matters Worldwide strategizes and executes all of our digital marketing channels. They oversee our paid search channels and programmatic display advertising. The team is also responsible for our paid social channels, which includes Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and various other channels that they’ve pitched to us, run strategy around, and executed.

Their creative team provides feedback on ways we can optimize our ads to be more efficient. Although they don’t work directly on our website or e-commerce platform, their insights influence our design and content decisions.

A great aspect of Media Matters Worldwide is that they have various teams of strategic experts who specialize in different digital channels. I work with the paid search team to ensure that we’re working on a tactical level and getting updated copy. I also engage with the paid social team to find ad creative, generate test links, and approve display and outgoing social. On each of these teams, there are 1–2 people that we work with closely.

We engage with Denise (Media Director, Media Matters Worldwide) and Jyll (Project Management Lead, Media Matters Worldwide). Jamie (VP, Strategy and Operations, Media Matters Worldwide) is great from a strategic level, and she has a wide breadth of knowledge, from creative to tactical. She helps us pitch our seasonal and quarterly strategies and outline what channels we’re going to be on. She also assists with budget allocation and creative. Finally, at the highest level, we work with Josy (Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Media Matters Worldwide). She’s plugged into many of our discussions.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

I did some discovery and looked at several agencies that offered a variety of services; some had specific concentrations, like paid social, while others were full-service. When we found Media Matters Worldwide, I had a good experience learning about their company and meeting their team.

We give Media Matters Worldwide an annual budget of just over $1 million. This covers media spend, internal fees, and various other costs.

My company began working with Media Matters Worldwide in August 2018, and our work together is ongoing.

Much of what Media Matters Worldwide does ties directly to our e-commerce platform’s performance, and we’ve been very happy with their work so far. The digital campaigns that they’re running on different channels are positively impacting overall site traffic and revenue.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

They deploy an incredibly robust reporting and analytics platform, which they’ve given us full access to so that we can see on macro to micro levels how their media is performing. They’re one of the only agencies I’ve ever worked with that provides such a full insight into media performance; nothing is hidden or extrapolated.

Media Matters Worldwide is readily available at every stage of the process. When we map out strategy around a season or specific timeframe, they compile detailed timelines so that we know when we need to deliver assets or feedback to them. They’re also very clear about when they’re going to deliver anything to us. When we’re busy with a campaign and want to make changes or put out new creative, they’re responsive and update things promptly. We communicate via email and phone.

Their readiness to be present sets them apart, as does their ability to communicate seamlessly. Their reporting and analytics have been invaluable. They want to help us understand our media performance and how that connects to our goals.

Media Matters Worldwide is also a great thought partner. They’ve shown a desire to learn about our company, business goals, and industry. They strive to have a full picture of our brand so that they can make the most impactful strategic decisions.

Nothing stands out. We have a collaborative relationship, so shortcomings fall on us as much as they do on them.

This is the type of partnership where you get what you put in. You should engage with Media Matters Worldwide and let them know your brand, strategy, and goals; they’ll run with that knowledge.

Media Planning for an Advertising & Marketing Company

“They’re very thorough and great at holding themselves to a timeline.”

2017 - Ongoing

Media Matters Worldwide provides media plans as well as unique print and digital content to clients in the Greater Los Angeles marketplace. They provide quarterly feedback to ensure projects stay on track.

Sr Director of Account Management, Mktg & Advertising Agency

The team creates content that performs well and delivers positive results for clients. They’re expert project managers, consistently able to produce final products according to schedule. Through their work, the team continuously exhibits its in-depth knowledge of the media industry.

I'm the director of account management for a Los Angeles-based marketing and advertising agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

We had a new client that needed a media planning agency. We’ve worked with them before, so we brought them onto the project based on their proven capabilities.

Our agency is in charge of facilitating the relationship between Media Matters Worldwide and clients. For us, they are in charge of providing OOH (out of home), digital, and print media for our branding efforts. They also come up with an annual media plan, which we examine every quarter. We decide on how to tweak the plan during those quarterly presentations.

For clients, their team constructs creative media plans to drive up engagement. Our facilitation helps to ensure that clients attain the results they want. Clients also ask Media Matters Worldwide to bring non-traditional media ideas to the table. That opens up new opportunities for them.

To facilitate client relationships, we work with Taji (Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Media Matters Worldwide) and Maxine (Media Director, Media Matters Worldwide) who is the day-to-day lead.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

I’m not sure how my company originally partnered with Media Matters Worldwide or which of our accounts worked with them in the past, but my agency intermittently engages them on new business pitches.

Our clients pay Media Matters Worldwide directly, we just manage their relationship.

We’ve engaged with them since 2017. Clients sign their own annual contracts with them, though.

We typically get the desired results from their work. I’ve heard that clients want more unique media ideas than what they’re currently presenting. But, all of their content has performed well for clients so far.

How did Media Matters Worldwide perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very thorough and great at holding themselves to a schedule. During our day-to-day operations, we usually communicate via email. We also have status calls on a weekly basis and can call them as needed.

Media Matters is a team of excellent project managers that can really drive timelines forward. They’re programmatic and have a high level of expertise—they really know what they’re talking about.

As I said earlier, some clients wish they would bring some more ideas to the table. It would be great if they could demonstrate a sounder knowledge of the LA market.

Be very specific in communicating what type of results needed from Media Matters. With any type of media agency, it’s important to be clear with project goals. But, Media Matters Worldwide has done a decent job and know what they’re talking about.

Media Planning & Performance Marketing for Cosmetics Company

“They were a great partner to us, almost like a part of our team.”

July 2015 - Ongoing

Media Matters Worldwide delivered performance marketing services to increase site traffic and sales, and they created media and acquisition strategies. The team also did PPC via Google and Bing.

Oakland, California
Megan O'Connor
Former VP of Digital & E-Commerce, e.l.f. Cosmetics

Their clear and actionable deliverables played a significant part in boosting site traffic and sales. Internal stakeholders were pleased with their account management and personalized customer service. Media Matters Worldwide adhered to deadlines and offered fair industry costs.

I was the VP of digital and e-commerce at e.l.f. Cosmetics. I oversaw all digital marketing, e-commerce, and gross marketing proponents.

What challenge were you trying to address with Media Matters Worldwide?

We hired Media Matters Worldwide to help us with performance marketing, specifically driving traffic and sales to our website.

Media Matter Worldwide was responsible for all media strategy and buying; strategic acquisition planning; and driving traffic, sales, and growth. They also did PPC through Google and Bing Ads.

We worked with an account manager, a media planner, and an analytics team member. My team also engaged with Josy and Taji (Co-Founders and Managing Partners, Media Matters Worldwide). Other behind-the-scenes team members did paid search and paid social.

How did you come to work with Media Matters Worldwide?

Someone at e.l.f. Cosmetics was friends with Josy. When we began talking to them, we were very impressed by both Josy and Taji, so we hired Media Matters Worldwide to be our full-service media vendor.

Media Matters Worldwide was responsible for between $2 million–$4 million worth of media, and they charged about 10% of that.

My company began working with Media Matters Worldwide in July 2015, and the engagement was ongoing when I left e.l.f. Cosmetics in April 2018.

e.l.f. Cosmetics don't disclose growth on e-commerce because they're public, but I can say that Media Matters Worldwide drove growth in both site traffic and sales.

They were great.

Media Matters Worldwide provided a very personalized service. From an account management and customer service perspective, we were very happy with their work.

No, there weren’t.

Be clear on what your objectives and goals are, and then continue to have hard conversations as things come up.

Overall Score They were a great partner to us, almost like a part of our team. I’d hire them again.
    They always met their deadlines.
    Media is expensive, but they were in-line with other vendors we looked at.
    Services and deliverables were very clear, concise, and actionable.
    I’d highly recommend them.

Digital Marketing for Fashion Brand

"They are very smart women who are easy to work with."

Aug. 2014 - Sept. 2015

Media Matters Worldwide provided digital marketing services to both drive traffic and improve conversion rates. They developed and executed on retargeting, display ads, and content creation strategies.

Katie Schoeben
Director of Marketing, Byer California

Brand awareness increased markedly thanks to high-quality audience targeting. Media Matters Worldwide ramped up quickly, familiarizing themselves with their client’s business and then forming a tailored media strategy. Customers can expect a smooth engagement.

I was the Director of Marketing for Byer California, a fast fashion brand. The company is a multi-million dollar B2B fashion manufacturer that wanted to venture out with their own label. I was brought on to build an e-commerce business and brand.

For what projects/services did your company hire Media Matters Worldwide?

From the ground up we needed to build brand identity and audience for the new Byer California brand. We brought on Media Matters to handle our full paid media strategy, from search to retargeting to social.

The goals at first were to just build awareness and drive traffic to the site. Of course, we had a plan to turn those visits into conversations and we had a target conversion rate. There is a lot of competition in the fast fashion world, so we needed to be strategic in how we spent our money. The owner of the company was an old fashioned B2B sales person who didn't understand technology or what we were doing. We needed to be able to communicate the plan and the results in a very easy to digest way, and MMW were great at that.

To be honest, for this project I didn't interview any other vendors. I had used them at my previous job and had a long run of success with them, so I didn't have to interview other companies. I originally selected MMW due to their knowledge in the space, their efficiency in strategy and reporting, and tactics. They proved themselves while we worked together at Giro and so I hired them again. I would hire them again as well, but currently I am doing smaller contract positions.

Know that there was a lot of competition in the space. We focused on retargeting campaigns that allowed us to also build brand identity through our display ads and content. We also focused our strategy on building our social media platforms' likes and engagement. We had a lot of great photography to work with for our paid media campaigns.

It was myself, a social media manager, a creative department of two, plus I was able to hire out for a PR firm and a creative director externally. From Media Matters I got both the owners attention and a couple of planners.

To be honest, I don't remember the numbers. I just remember that we rapidly got on the radar and started selling, which, now that I have tried to build other e-commerce business from scratch without the support of a media plan, it was effective. They were able to target the right audiences efficiently and quickly and start building customers.

Seamless.

Strategy and the ability to jump into the business and figure out what was needed from a tactical way. Reporting. I found that the reports were concise and exactly what I needed to justify the spend and effort to upper management. They are very smart women who are easy to work with.

None, but I haven't worked with them in a few years.

Overall Score They always had my and my businesses back like it was their own.
    Never a problem.
    I started working with them early in their business. I didn't find their rates difficult.
    I have hired them twice for big projects and I would hire them again.
    Always do.