Ruby on Rails and React Native Apps Development

We are a team of developers and designers based in Uruguay, South America, building websites, and web & mobile Apps for innovative global clients. Since 2014, we have served over a dozen clients throughout the United States, Europe, and Latin America.

Our elite team builds awesome web & mobile apps.

We cultivate expertise in every stage of product creation, resulting in extraordinary digital experiences.

Software development services for Startups and Companies around the world.

Our team lives by the belief that quality is better than quantity, relying on excellent and consistent communication as key to our business relationships.

Our mission is to: Deliver high-quality software, and ensuring our projects run smoothly, strategically and predictably.

Technologies: Our current preferences are in Ruby on Rails, React and React Native.

We are Creative, Innovative, and dedicated team built to fit the needs of your project.

We all work together in the same office. We strongly believe that quality is better than quantity and believe that excellent communication is key to a successful business relationship.

OUR SERVICES:

• 609 E Market St
    Charlottesville, VA 22902

Seat Covers Unlimited

Web Development

Seat Covers Unlimited manufactures the largest selection of custom seat covers for all makes and models of vehicles nationwide.

Seat Covers Unlimited needed a new e-commerce site. The old site was slow, unresponsive, and the integrated ERP was inaccurate, making fullfilling orders difficult.

Loop Studio was hired to help upgrade the site by developing a ExtJS powered ERP, a new Ruby on

Rails API, and a new B2C e-commerce site.

Web Development

Gameopedia manages one of the world’s largest live video game databases.

Around March 2015 we onboarded the Gameopedia project to help develop and maintain one of the largest (if not the largest) video game databases on the market. We were also assigned the development of a web application that would serve the purpose of showcasing the API’s full potential.

Case:

href="https://loopstudio.dev/gameopedia/" rel="nofollow">https://loopstudio.dev/gameopedia/

Web Development

PIERCE Plan is the first web-based platform integrating high school student information systems so that coaches, athletes, parents, counselors and athletic directors have a solution to track academic eligibility requirements to play in college.

rel="nofollow">https://loopstudio.dev/pierce-plan/

Mobile Development

Social platform that helps to seek and recover lost pets. A mobile application to enable pet owners to locate their missing pets, and for individuals who have found lost animals to locate their owners. Additionally, SocialPet aims to be a place to help homeless pets find a loving home.

We design and develop the app.

Case study:

href="https://www.upwork.com/leaving?ref=https%3A%2F%2Floopstudio.dev%2Fsocial-pet%2F" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://loopstudio.dev/social-pet/

Ruby on Rails Dev for Sports Scholarship Platform

"I appreciate the communication and the way that they work to fulfill the needs of my company."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Using Ruby on Rails, Loop Studio is developing a custom software platform to evaluate an athlete's eligibility. They continue to support updates to the software.

May 2018 - Ongoing

Miami, Florida
Kelly Pierce
CEO, Pierce Plan

Athlete eligibility has improved markedly since the engagement began, providing proof of concept. Loop Studio’s ability to adapt to and communicate about ever-evolving specifications helps make their code relatively bug-free. Responsiveness and problem-solving ability make them a valuable partner.

I’m the CEO of Pierce Plan, which is a software that tracks the academic eligibility of student-athletes to make sure they're eligible for a college scholarship.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loop Studio?

My original developer left to take another job. I needed a vendor to quickly bridge the gap and provide technical support.

Loop Studio finished the second version of my software, which is built on Ruby on Rails. They’ve been providing support and enhancements ever since.

I've been in contact with four people including a business operations lead. I’ve had two specific developers assigned to my project. There’s also a senior developer above them that checks all of their work before it’s pushed to production.

How did you come to work with Loop Studio?

I believe they were connected to me by a mentor who’s in the technology world. I interviewed them and spoke to at least one other company that they worked with. In general, Uruguay has a reputation for becoming one of the leading technology countries.

I’ve spent $30,000–$35,000.

We started working together around June 2018, and the engagement is ongoing.

Loop Studio has provided proof of concept for my company. At one particular school, the initial baseline was that 47% of students were ineligible when they uploaded the software. That’s been reduced to 25% in one semester. This shows that the software works. It provides real-time information and stakeholders are using it to take action.

How did Loop Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

If you're going to outsource outside of the U.S., the biggest barriers to communication tend to be the time zone and language. We're not in the same time zone, but they're usually only an hour or two off. They speak English, which makes it very easy to communicate.

We primarily use Slack, GitHub, and Google Chat. They're always available. I've never felt that I could not access them. They've so flexible and accommodating, especially as my needs have fluctuated in terms of hours required. I'm sure they've shifted their developers to other projects, but they always make time when I need tasks done.

Loop Studio are problem solvers. They’ve found a couple of solutions on how to code the software more efficiently. I’m on a budget, and they've been accurate in estimating how long it will take to develop various features. Typically, they complete the task in fewer hours than they predicted. I appreciate the communication and the way that they work to fulfill the needs of my company.

No, I don't think so. Everything has been pretty smooth.

Overall Score There's always room for growth but my experience has been positive.
    I've already referred them to several other companies.

Ruby on Rails App for Membership Plugin Website

“They're very friendly and motivated. … They're the kind of people we'd like to work with long-term."

December 2016 - Ongoing

Loop Studio built a Ruby on Rails application to assist with paywall functionality for Squarespace.

New Jersey
CEO, Memberspace.com

The in-house team is impressed with their ability to work fast and produce excellent results. Loop Studio goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their positive company culture and affordable rates contributed to the long-term relationship.

I'm the CEO at Memberspace.com. We provide membership logins and paywall functionality for Squarespace websites.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loop Studio?

We needed a vendor to help us speed up development for our Ruby on Rails application.

They are helping develop a Ruby on Rails app for us, mostly focusing on the backend. They are also using jQuery and React on our project along with some SQL database management.

We started working with one member of their team, and then they added three more people.

How did you come to work with Loop Studio?

We found them on We Work Remotely. We interviewed many vendors, and Loop Studio seemed to have the most friendly and knowledgeable team. Also, they were just the right size for us and had affordable rates.

We've invested over $100,000 with them.

We started working with them in December 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

They build features very quickly and are less expensive than US teams. That allows us to have three times as many developers for the same price, so the project moves faster. Plus, they communicate very well.

How did Loop Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

We used GitHub and Basecamp for project management. They speak very good English, and we didn't have any issues with the time difference.

They're very friendly and motivated. We recently visited them in Uruguay and really liked their company culture. They're the kind of people we'd like to work with for the long term.

No, I can't think of anything.

Full-Stack Development for Investment Firm

“They are a pleasure to work with.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Loop Studio is assisting in the ongoing development of an investment platform by providing full-stack developers and design resources.

Cory Shea
Founding Partner, Clockwork

The solution is helping drive business growth, thanks to Loop Studio’s innovative skillset and competitive pricing. Their team is always available and highly organized.

We are an investor services group based in the U.S. with activities across the globe.

For what projects/services did your company hire Loop Studio?

We rely on Loop Studio to support the development of a proprietary platform, which we are building and further enhancing on an ongoing basis.

We wanted to find a reliable and consistent development resource to assist our CTO in the ongoing build.

We met at an accelerator program called ENCIENDE in Montevideo, Uruguay, in 2017.

They provide innovative full-stack development skillsets.

We work with four main team members who handle development and design. The team also includes two FTE individuals.

This project has enabled us to scale our development significantly at a quality and price point that has not stifled the business.

The Loop Studio team has top-tier project management. They are always available. In addition to accessibility, they do an excellent job of using tools and scheduling regular check-ins to keep us aware of progress.

We are impressed by their innovative development skills, communication, and professionalism. It’s a relationship we hope to maintain for a long time.

Overall Score They are a pleasure to work with and highly recommended.