Custom Web Development and Support

LoadSys was established in 2006 by two partners: Lee Forkenbrock and Donatas Kairys. It all started with a small team with a great idea and grew into one of the leaders in software development in the Chicagoland area and nationwide. As of today, LoadSys has successfully completed hundreds of projects for customers from small to mid-size businesses.

Our goal is to continue our rapid growth and deliver best results for our customers by using the skills and professionalism of our team as well as the newest technologies and solutions available today.

2002
Chicago, IL
  • Loadsys Solutions
    233 S. Wacker Dr. Ste 8400
    Chicago, IL 60606
  • Loadsys Solutions
    3550 Hobson rd, Suite 403
    Woodridge, IL 60517

Preownedweddingdresses.com, AllStarDelivery.com, TruePhotography.com, VaultElectricity.com, Apobox.com, EducationUnlimited.com, snfi.stanford.edu, MCalSoftware.com, GamingToday.com

Web Development for Photography Studio

“Everything I have spent on development has come back and turned into profit.”

2016 - Ongoing

The Loadsys team is programming and developing a CakePHP site to enhance functionality and automate business functions. This database is used for all operations. The relationship is ongoing.

San Diego, California
Owner, True Photography

Their development work increases automation, which equates to higher efficiency and higher profits. Being more systematized also gives this business more structure. The Loadsys team proactively communicates changes in plans and contributes thoughtful insights to development.

I am the owner of True Photography, a photography studio that photographs mostly weddings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loadsys Solutions?

We needed help with web development for our studio. We were looking for a team. I previously had a programmer who did a great job, but if he was sick or went on vacation, no work would be done. With a team, if one person is not available, it won’t affect my business.

Most photography websites show a portfolio of images, whereas we have one huge, functional database. We use it to run our entire company, and there is a lot of functionality in place to automate as much of our business as possible. Everything was done in CakePHP.

We have three developers working simultaneously.

How did you come to work with Loadsys Solutions?

Originally, they found us. They were doing a marketing plug and emailed us. Usually, I ignore those, but they mentioned that knew CakePHP.

We have spent around $200,000 so far.

We began working together in 2016. The work is ongoing and not something I plan on stopping.

Everything that is becoming automated is attributed to their development. Our business has become much more organized and more streamlined by having them. The more automation I have, the more efficient we are. The more efficient we are, the more profit we bring in. Everything I have spent on development has come back and turned into profit.

How did Loadsys Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication has been perfect. Programming can be quoted 100 different ways, but once you start, it will change. They are very good at quoting and estimating, but when the quote doesn’t align with the work, they let me know beforehand versus afterward which has been very important to me.

Loadsys are more than just programmers because they are helping with the development. I tell them what I want and they expand on the idea, which is very helpful. They treat it like their own business. If they have a better idea, they share it with me, which has helped my business as well because they give me ideas I wouldn’t have thought of.

No. I am very satisfied.

Application Development for Delivery Company

"I find that Loadsys Web Strategies can bring a concept to life very well, as long as they're provided a good vision."

2011 - 2016

In this 5 year collaboration, Loadsys Web Strategies has provided development for the delivery company's customized warehouse management application using CakePHP.

Newark, New Jersey
David Ralph
Executive, All Star Delivery Systems, Inc.

Loadsys Web Strategies’ developers were extremely communicative, visible, and responsive during the project. Every need was effectively met. The project was well-organized, incremental, and impactful. Nearly 100% of the business relies on Loadsys Web Strategies' product to function.

All Star Delivery Systems operates a series of refrigerated, frozen, and ambient temperature warehouses in the US, as well as providing transportation and logistics for consumer goods and chemicals. I am the Vice President of Operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loadsys Web Strategies?

We had tried to use market-available warehouse management systems in the past, and found that their interfaces were very clunky, and the expandability was unsatisfactory.

Loadsys Web Strategies has provided development for our warehouse management application alongside our own team.

We've worked with different numbers of developers, depending on scope and scale. Loadsys Web Strategies has assigned between 3-9 programmers for our application. They take care of going from maintenance mode, to needing to develop new features, or branch out with application add-ons for customers who have a need which is not being met by what we'd already envisioned.

How did you come to work with Loadsys Web Strategies?

We had started to develop a solution in-house using CakePHP. We wanted to outsource that work in order to achieve faster development with a higher level of skill. We performed some internet searches and received some references, which led us to Loadsys Web Strategies.

How much have you invested with Loadsys Web Strategies?

Loadsys Web Strategies' development cost has been between $300,000 and $1,000,000 in total.

We've been working with Loadsys Web Strategies for 5 years, and have an ongoing project.

Nearly 100% of our business relies on Loadsys Web Strategies' product to function and operate. Some of our larger clients, with US sales totaling 150 million dollars per year or greater, rely entirely on the software provided by us. It has been impactful, important, and very complex.

How did Loadsys Web Strategies perform from a project management standpoint?

Every need has been effectively met by Loadsys Web Strategies, as long as we provided necessary details for areas where they wouldn't have industry knowledge. We rely on scheduled phone calls, email, and Basecamp or other project aggregators for setting up tasks, projects, and updates. Loadsys Web Strategies has been extremely communicative, visible, and responsive. If something ever broke, Loadsys Web Strategies took care of it right away.

What did you find most impressive about Loadsys Web Strategies?

In our assessment based on previous experiences, and by looking at other options, we found Loadsys Web Strategies to be a competent and efficient organization. Their greatest strength was the ability to be nimble in working with a company like ours, which is constantly shifting goals mid-project.

Are there any areas Loadsys Web Strategies could improve?

Everyone has gripes from time to time, but as of this moment, I can't think of any specifics about Loadsys Web Strategies.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Loadsys Web Strategies?

I have no particular advice or guidance, but I find that Loadsys Web Strategies can bring a concept to life very well, as long as they're provided a good vision.

Overall Score I can't imagine doing business without Loadsys Web Strategies.
    No one's perfect in this regard.
    I've had prior experience with less transparent and less efficient companies. Our development with Loadsys Web Strategies is incremental and well-organized. We can see exactly what we're being billed for.
    We've provided difficult situations, and Loadsys Web Strategies always returned a reasonable product, without truncated timelines and changed goals.
    I have mentioned Loadsys Web Strategies to others, but there are very few people developing customized applications within our field.

Processing Software for Package Delivery Company

"Processing packages and manipulating customer data has become much easier, so our employees are happy with Loadsys Web Strategies' work overall."

Loadsys Web Strategies revamped the company’s mail and package processing software, as well as the admin site. The website has been completed and Loadsys continues providing support and bug fixes.

Plymouth, Indiana
Melinda Hauptmann
Operations Director, APO Box

Loadsys' availability, timeliness, knowledge, and correspondence were recognized. The revamped processing software and new website dashboard has been well-received within the company’s staff and their clients.

APO Box is a mail forwarding company which caters to overseas military stations. We take the place of family members who would send military personnel items which they couldn't otherwise have been able to ship.

I am the Operations Director of the company. Given that we're only a shop of 4 people, I also handle human resources, accounting, customer service, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loadsys Web Strategies?

We needed to revamp the processing software for our company and the website's dashboard to improve our customer's interaction.

Initially, Loadsys Web Strategies developed a photo website for one of our previous companies. We enjoyed their team and work ethic, so we had Loadsys Web Strategies work on revamping the processing software for the main business, as well as the admin site where we store order information and customer details. We converted the site to a CakePHP version.

We are working with 2 developers from Loadsys Web Strategies.

How did you come to work with Loadsys Web Strategies?

Our Chief Executive Officer is also a coder in his spare time. He had previously used developers from India, and felt that the quality provided wasn't what he wanted. I believe that he found Loadsys Web Strategies on a freelancing website.

How much have you invested with Loadsys Web Strategies?

The total cost of Loadsys Web Strategies' services has been above $50,000.

We started working with Loadsys Web Strategies in August 2014. At this point, our website has been completed, but we are retaining Loadsys Web Strategies for support activities and bug fixes. We pay for a set number of hours each month.

The only real criteria that we can base success on is how well-received the processing software for our main business has been within our staff. Processing packages and manipulating customer data has become much easier, so our employees are happy with Loadsys Web Strategies' work overall. On the customer side, Loadsys Web Strategies revamped the site's dashboard, enhancing the way in which users log in and interact with us. We receive feedback about this constantly.

How did Loadsys Web Strategies perform from a project management standpoint?

Loadsys Web Strategies utilized Asana, which we used for correspondence. We also have conference calls once a week, going over what needs to be done and what's been completed. Loadsys Web Strategies is very good in this respect.

What did you find most impressive about Loadsys Web Strategies?

As I'm not a coder, I can't get into specifics in this area, but the availability of Loadsys Web Strategies' team was key, in my opinion. Our company is basically an online business, so if anything happens, it's imperative that we get it fixed. There were times when we had a crash at 10:30 PM, and Loadsys Web Strategies was available for assistance.

Are there any areas Loadsys Web Strategies could improve?

I don't think so. Loadsys Web Strategies was on-point in terms of timeliness and correspondence, and they seem to be knowledgeable when addressing our questions and requests. Loadsys Web Strategies never told us that they couldn't help with a particular task.

Overall Score Loadsys Web Strategies made it easy for me to give this rating.
    Loadsys Web Strategies was on-point with meeting tasks, and they like to assign deadlines for each job, which are met as specified.
    I don't have a lot of experience with software coders, but our work with Loadsys Web Strategies has been costly. The quality is excellent, so we're getting what we paid for.
    The product put out by Loadsys Web Strategies usually works the first time. If not, they remain responsive in terms of providing a fix or catering to our actual change requests.
    Deadlines are met, and Loadsys Web Strategies has good availability.

Web Development for Wedding Dresses Small Business

"The expertsie and knowledge brought in by Loadsys have been extremely important for us."

2011 - Ongoing

Loadsys Web Strategies provides all web development services and ongoing website maintenance, specializing in CakePHP. The team recently performed a code upgrade and managed an extensive website reskin.

Toronto, Canada
Josie Daga
Founder, PreOwnedWeddingDresses.com

Loadsys Web Strategies serves as the exclusive web developer, providing comprehensive technical knowledge and recommendations. The team is trustworthy, honest, and transparent. Workflow and testing are managed in a timely manner with Basecamp, but they can improve accuracy in budget forecasting.

Preownedweddingdresses.com is an online listing service for buyers and sellers of wedding dresses. I am the founder of the business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Loadsys Web Strategies?

Before working with Loadsys Web Strategies, I had used a different team in a different time zone to ours. This presented a difficulty in terms of coordination. We also wanted to work with someone who could strategically see what we were doing and where we were trying to go, helping us get there. We couldn't attack the work with a gigantic budget; we needed someone who could process the project into smaller pieces and help us address it in a manageable way.

Loadsys Web Strategies reviewed our priorities and created an action list for our company. Loadsys Web Strategies handles all of our web development, and has provided ongoing management for the site, either in the form of bug fixes or new feature development. In 2015, we performed an upgrade to the code and a site reskin, which Loadsys Web Strategies managed exclusively.

We typically work with one developer who is assigned to us on an ongoing basis. For bigger projects like our site redesign, we used 2-3 developers.

How did you come to work with Loadsys Web Strategies?

Loadsys Web Strategies specializes in CakePHP, which is what our site was built in. They were recommended to us by someone. I contacted Loadsys Web Strategies and found them to be great.

How much have you invested with Loadsys Web Strategies?

The annual cost of Loadsys Web Strategies' services is between $50,000 and $100,000.

We have been working with Loadsys Web Strategies for around 5 years. We have an ongoing relationship. Loadsys Web Strategies is the only web developer that we use.

It's hard for small businesses to find trusted partners on which they can rely. This is what Loadsys Web Strategies has been for us. Everyone in their team has been transparent, honest, and full of integrity. I've appreciated this the most, as a small business owner. I know that Loadsys Web Strategies' team is telling me the truth, and I can trust their recommendations, even though I may not understand them at a technical level. The expertise and knowledge brought in by Loadsys Web Strategies has been extremely important for us.

How did Loadsys Web Strategies perform from a project management standpoint?

Loadsys Web Strategies provided us with a project coordinator who made sure that the workflow was maintained in a timely manner. If timelines need to be adjusted, they're adjusted to our expectations. We work with Basecamp, which is a great management tool for keeping projects on track.

What did you find most impressive about Loadsys Web Strategies?

The reskin and recode project which we took up in 2015 was a massive undertaking. Loadsys Web Strategies managed it so that the work could be done in a timely manner and tested thoroughly. Their skills in this respect were fantastic to me. It was as massive of an undertaking as we've ever gone through.

Are there any areas Loadsys Web Strategies could improve?

Oftentimes, Loadsys Web Strategies will be so keen to get going with the work that the budget forecasting suffers a bit. It's not terrible, but it could be improved a bit, so that there's more expectations management on my part in terms of cost.

Overall Score Loadsys Web Strategies is great, but not perfect. I wouldn't give a higher score to anyone else.
    Generally, Loadsys Web Strategies did a good job at this.
    Loadsys Web Strategies is an expensive company, but we've received what we paid for.
    I appreciated the quality of Loadsys Web Strategies' development work, and the integrity with which they delivered it.
    I would recommend Loadsys Web Strategies to another small business.