We transform innovative ideas into successful apps

Silver

Launchpad App Development turns innovative ideas into successful apps. We do this by providing a holistic range of services including app development, commercialisation consulting and ongoing support, providing a turnkey solution to building tech startups. We specialise in designing outstanding digital experiences that engage users so you can generate revenue faster.

• Level 3, 534 Church Street, Cremorne
    Melbourne, VIC 3121
  • Level 2, 43 Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
    Bangalore, KA 560025

App Development for Life Legacy Platform

"I loved the youth within their team, which offered enthusiasm, energy, and innovation."

Nov. - Aug. 2019

Launchpad App Development developed an app for a life legacy platform. The team was responsible for strategy, UI/UX designs, technical analysis, and testing.

Katherine, Australia
Jordan Glover
Co-Founder & Director, Legend Legacy Pty Ltd

The app has only been live for two months but has over 300 users and has been featured in multiple news outlets. Launchpad App Development provides high-quality results through a collaborative process. The team balances youth and professionalism.

I am the Co-Founder and Director of Legend Legacy Pty Ltd. Legend Legacy is an app that allows you to capture your life story so it can be shared with loved one’s now and for generations to come. Capturing your life story allows your loved one’s to see, hear and remember you for who you truly are.

Once you are gone who really knows or remembers the real you? You are a legend in the eyes of your loved one’s, it’s time to allow your legend to live on by leaving a legacy of life stories. Simply record your life stories by answering questions about your life that maybe only you know the answer.

For what projects/services did your company hire Launchpad App Development?

Launchpad were engaged for the complete development of the Legend Legacy app. The services provided included:

• Product Strategy
  • Design Thinking
  • Wireframes
  • Technical Analysis
  • UX & UI Designs
  • UI Integration & development
  • Testing
  • Submissions & launch

Legend Legacy's mission is to provide value to one’s life through the telling of one’s story. An invaluable legacy that will serve purpose now and for generations to come.

Extensive research and engaging in blogs lead me to Launchpad. I examined their website (front to back) and then picked up the phone and knew right from the initial conversation that I had found the team that was right for my project. I further confirmed my decision through reading reviews from past clients, which gave peace of mind when jumping on a plane to head to Melbourne to meet the team.

Upon deciding Launchpad were the Vendor that was right for my project, I was on the plane from Katherine, NT to Melbourne to commence the journey and begin with the Product Design Workshop. The Product Design Workshop was a great full day event where I met Jay and his team. We spent the day getting to know each other while discussing my design concept and the project in general. Launchpad offered great ideas, which were later implemented into Legend Legacy's final design.

The Workshop was a great success that allowed me to leave with confidence that Launchpad believed in my project and were taking it on like it was one of their own. Upon project agreement the fun began, working closely (although 3000kms away) with Launchpad design team the app really took shape and my concepts came to life. The team were respectful of my vision and did everything they could to adopt my ideas while offering their own expertise to provide an elegant, yet stylish final design.

The design then moved into development stage (the fun stage) where it all comes to life and we were able to touch and feel our vision. We had numerous requests and ideas throughout the development and Launchpad acted diligently and promptly to each of our requests. Our project felt definitely in the right hands. Launchpad's team offered extensive assistance throughout all Stages and for a novice like myself, were extremely patient with my little understanding of some of the project deliverable's. The app had now been live for 2 months and we have continued our engagement with Launchpad for the required ongoing maintenance & support.

Initially, I met with the Launchpad team who all made me feel welcomed and upon project agreement I was assigned a Project Manager who was my point of call throughout the development. I liaised solely with the Project Manager, however often spoke with Jay (Ops Manager) who always welcomed my calls to discuss certain aspects of the development. The Project Manager then handed over the reigns to the Support team following the launch of the app, who have provided great assistance to date.

Legend Legacy has only been live for 2 months now, however we already have 300 users commencing their journey of capturing their life story. Legend Legacy has featured in The NT News, Katherine Times, Country Times and within the DTBI monthly feature. With any start-up we have kept our expectations in check and have slowly been implementing out marketing plan to increase Legend Legacy awareness and will continue to do so moving forward. I look forward to what the next 12 months and beyond can bring.

The Project Manager communicated mainly via email, which worked well with my busy work schedule, however, we also regularly interacted via a video calls. Launchpad were open to receive calls at anytime to discuss the project and although being 3000km away their team made contact regularly enough to provide peace of mind that the project was progressing as scheduled.

I loved the youth within their team, which offered enthusiasm, energy, and innovation. They still maintain a professional nature though. The services they offered throughout the development progress matched or exceeded my expectations.

The project did run a little over the scheduled duration, however the constant consultation provide continuous updates so I was always along with the journey and understood the challenges the team were facing.

although a little later than expected, the teams constant updated provide peace of mind
    Launchpad offered great value for money services
    exceeded expectation
    if you need an app, Launchpad are your team

Mobile App Dev for Task App Startup

"Launchpad App Development has been able to streamline our app without losing sight of our vision."

Mar. 2018 – Ongoing

Launchpad App Development led end-to-end development of an on-demand errand mobile app. The team created wireframes and the UI/UX and assisted with pre-release marketing. The project is ongoing.

Founder, Errander

The app has yet to launch, but it has received positive feedback from early users and stakeholders. Launchpad App Development shows expertise across multiple skill sets, from development to design to project management to marketing. Their consistent communication and flexibility stand out.

I’m the founder of Errander, a one-stop, on-demand skill-sharing app. Users can pay other users for help on micro tasks and manual errands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

After coming up with the concept, I needed help with developing my mobile app.

Launchpad App Development has built the app for iOS devices only — we have an Android version on our future roadmap. The team was responsible for end-to-end development, including ideation, wireframes, the UI/UX, and building the app itself.

The app has nine categories of errands and skills; they were refined over multiple sessions since I first came up with the idea. It also has a tracking feature, chat functionality, and integration with third-party payment systems like Stripe.

Multiple times, we’ve had to pivot on specific ideas. Launchpad App Development took those changes in stride, taking my suggestions on board and offering ways to improve on their own. The app is now in a solid enough place that we’re ready to launch.

Jay (Product Director, Launchpad App Development) has been my partner consistently throughout the project. Whenever I have an issue or a feature I’d like to change or add, I go to Jay. I also stay in touch with our account manager Vivian (Digital Producer, Launchpad App Development). She gives me daily updates and serves as our one point for all information.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I reached out to about three developing houses in Melbourne, including Launchpad App Development. Launchpad App Development was the only one who got back to me promptly. I checked their reviews on Clutch, and they had really positive feedback. Our first meeting was the thing that convinced me: not only were they prompt, but they also seemed like they cared about my project and my success. As a result, I hired them.

We’ve spent $100,000 AUD (approximately $68,000 USD).

The project started in March 2018 and is ongoing.

We haven’t launched the app yet because we’re waiting for App Store approval. However, we’ve retained Launchpad App Development for their marketing services. So far in those campaigns, we’ve seen a lot of interest in Errander, especially in engagement on social media. Launchpad App Development has been a key part in getting our message out, and we’re thrilled with this success so far.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Launchpad App Development is excellent at project management. Having a two-point flow of information through Jay and Vivian has been extremely helpful to me as a non-technical person. I’m always updated on where the project is. Vivian is my liaison between the development team and me. We use WhatsApp to communicate.

Launchpad App Development has been able to streamline our app without losing sight of our vision — that this app will be a one-stop-shop for all of our users’ errand needs. The team has embedded our functionality within the technology and a logical set of processes that work well.

We’ve made a lot of changes and improvements along the way, but Launchpad App Development has remained open to our changes. They advise on whether something will work based on their experience. They don’t seem in it for the money; they genuinely care about our project and its success.

As someone new to app development, I feel like Launchpad App Development has exceeded my expectations. They’ve ticked all of the most important boxes for me. However, there has been some turnover on their team that nearly affected our project. We have a different point of contact now than when we started. But the person who took over our project was well-briefed, ensuring business and knowledge continuity. As a result, the changeover was seamless, so I can’t fault them at all.

Some deadlines have shifted because of the changes we made, but that’s as much on us as on Launchpad App Development.
    After fishing around the market and seeing the results, I have to say that Launchpad App Development provides excellent value for their work.
    Everything—from the wireframes to the UI/UX documents—is highly professional. I can understand them easily without a tech-heavy background.

Web Development of Pet Sales Platform

"I can’t imagine working with anyone besides Launchpad App Development."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Launchpad App Development developed an online platform for buying and advertising the sale of pets. The team will begin building a mobile application in the near future.

Jason Wishart
Founder, Petsales Network Pty Ltd

Traffic and engagement increases daily on the high-quality website. Launchpad App Development’s team is responsive, skilled, and professional. They’re open to suggestions, working as a true partner. Customers can expect a team that’s dedicated to making ideas a reality.

We’re an online marketing platform for the ethical sale of pets. We provide the platform and our users upload the advertisements of pets that are for sale. Other users can come on the site to look for pets available for purchase.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

I’ve been with Launchpad App Development since the beginning. I had a business idea in my mind and approached their team to develop an application.

We’re in the early stages. My brother and I co-founded the business, figuring out the concept and what we exactly wanted. Initially, I wanted a mobile application, but considering their advice, they believed we should start with a website first. The plan is to grow the website before tackling the application.

Since the beginning, I’ve worked with Dane (Founder & Managing Director, Launchpad App Development) and four others. Besides Dane, we’ve mainly engaged with web designers and marketers.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I reached out to several other companies, but Launchpad App Development seemed the most responsive and suitable for us. I saw some of their work online, along with speaking to their team on the phone. They appeared to be a young, helpful company that was willing to go the extra yard. We were on the same wavelength from the beginning.

We’ve spent nearly $60,000–$70,000.

Our engagement with Launchpad App Development began in April 2018.

Launchpad App Development worked quickly to make our idea a reality, launching the website in December 2018. It is the first of this idea within the marketplace. We’re trying to get as many people on the site as possible. We started with one or two decent ads a week to that amount per day. The hardest part is finding people to advertise their animals, but we’re receiving a lot of traffic in terms of users searching for pets. We’re at about 10,000 views a month.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is fantastic. We receive regular updates through email, teleconferencing, and face-to-face meetings. Since the website is quite new, there are small issues that need to be ironed out. As soon as they or we pick anything up, their team quickly works on the problem. In that regard, they’re very responsive. I can’t imagine working with anyone besides Launchpad App Development.

Their professionalism has been exceptional. Like I said earlier, our teams are on the same wavelength while working together. If I suggest an idea, they’re fully on board and understand what I want. There’s no disconnect at all. Their design skillset is also excellent. From day one, everything has been great. I’m really happy that we chose Launchpad App Development.

Everything’s been very good, and there’s nothing that stands out. I haven’t been disappointed in anything their team has done.

I would say definitely go for it because you won’t regret working with them. Launchpad App Development is a great organization, and we’re certainly glad that we found them. Our business wouldn’t be here or doing what we’re doing without them.

Overall Score It’s been fantastic.
    We probably went a little bit over, but nothing major.
    We don’t have anything to compare it to, but we’d always like them to be cheaper. I think their value for money has been good.
    They’ve met everything.

Mobile App Dev for Party Invitations Platform

"Launchpad App Development’s attentiveness makes them stand out from other vendors."

Launchpad App Development developed and designed a party invitation application for parents hosting events for their children. The team created the platform for iOS and Android. It will be free for download.

Alfons Mikhaeil
Director, Boebus Pty Ltd

Within the next couple of weeks, the app will be available for download. Initial feedback on the test version was positive. Launchpad App Development’s attention to detail was noteworthy. Their transparency supplemented their professional management style. Expect an upfront and accommodating team.

I’m a director at Boebus Pty Ltd. My project, JAHWOW, is an app that helps parents design invitations and manage the invites for their children’s parties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

I was looking for a company to bring my idea to life.

I had completed an attraction lab with another company, so I had an idea of the design and process flow I wanted. After passing that to Launchpad App Development, their team produced wireframes before moving on to developing the app for iOS and Android.

After downloading the app, users can set up a profile and fill in their kids’ names and birthdates. If there is a child’s birthday, confirmation, bar mitzvah, or any other occasion, users can use templates to make invitations. Parents can choose a blank card to write their own messages and add their own pictures. They can also update a template by changing the background color or adding a photo. We also have 20-second video invites available. Once the design is created, users input event details that include the addresses and gift ideas.

Once the invite is created, it pulls up a contact list where users can put who they want to receive an invite. If the contact isn’t listed, users can enter it manually. Parents will get a message about the invite, and then have to download the app to receive the notification. It shows the cards and details, which users view before responding whether they can attend or not. If recipients RSVP, they can view who is attending and if there are any dietary requirements. The host of the event gets a notification if a person responds and can see a running tab of who’s attending and who isn’t.

I’ve dealt with their design team and about five of their company members based in Melbourne. I believe their code writers are based in India.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I interviewed 13 development companies. I was attracted to Launchpad App Development because the company is based in Melbourne, Australia. They’re close enough that I can talk to them face-to-face if I need. After speaking to them on the phone a couple times, their team invited me to their office for a no obligation meeting. It went well, and we signed an NDA. They put together a package of what services they offer, and then we went from there.

In total, we’ve spent between $85,000–$90,000.

We started working with Launchpad App Development in January 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I’m looking to sign off on the project either at the end of this week or by next week. The app will be free for download once it’s submitted to the app stores. I’ve given test builds to friends and family, receiving nothing but praise. Launchpad App Development is helpful and accommodating. If any issue arises, I can easily talk to their team. I’ve had no problems with them during the engagement.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Usually, our communications are through email. If I need to, I’ll organize a call, and we will schedule a time as soon as possible. We speak every two weeks. Sometimes it has to be once a week, depending on what arises.

Launchpad App Development’s attentiveness makes them stand out from other vendors. When I call and have to leave a message, they get back to me right away. They’ve addressed anything I’ve asked of them, never changing the subject or never getting back to me. Their team is upfront about their skillset. If they can complete a task, they explain why. It’s been a transparent process.

When I ask questions about wireframes and design, I would’ve liked a more detailed explanation. This could be a problem on my end as well. I’m new to app design, so I could’ve picked up on a few things. In the end, it all worked out.

I recommend working with Launchpad App Development. They’re a group of young and talented developers that are upfront and transparent. I have nothing but praise for their team.

Web Dev for Health & Fitness Clubs

“In addition to delivering the product three months ahead of time, they also came in under budget.”

July 2017 - Feb. 2018

Launchpad designed and developed a web-based platform that allows administrators to create customized exercise plans for clients.

Lucas Bugeja
Owner, Genesis Health Clubs

Launchpad delivered a high-quality web platform that has helped improve internal productivity while decreasing client attrition rates. In addition to communicating well, they delivered ahead of time and under budget. Their dedication to client success sets them apart.

I'm the owner and director of Genesis Health Clubs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

We engaged Launchpad to build a website that would allow our team to prescribe exercises to members digitally throughout our health clubs.

Launchpad designed and developed a website based on our requirements and ideas, creating a unique system in the process that enabled us to create exercise programs for clients.

We worked with Jay (Director and Lead Product Manager, Launchpad App Development) the majority of the time, who managed a few developers on his team.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I found them through an online search and chose them based on their reputation and positive reviews.

We invested about $140,000 AUD (about $100,000 USD).

We worked together from July 2017–February 2018, delivering the product three months ahead of time.

In addition to delivering the product three months ahead of time, they also came in under budget. Launchpad enabled our team to effectively offer customers digital plans, while streamlining internal processes. Since launching the program, we've experienced a significant decrease in client attrition rates.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive and communicative throughout the project, meeting or exceeding each timeline expectation.

Their willingness to produce something they're proud of sets them apart. They still follow up with us on occasion to see how everything's going, so their passion for what they do is very evident.

No. Their services and delivery have been outstanding.

I'd definitely recommend working with them, especially considering the fact that their directors are very involved with projects and have high communications standards.

Overall Score They exceeded expectations.
    They always met or beat deadlines.
    They're very competitively priced and offer a great value for the investment.
    Their service and deliverables were top notch.
    They're the only app vendor I'd recommend.

App and Web Dev for Restaurant Platform

"Launchpad App Development made the collaboration seamless. They delivered quality products with speed and efficiency."

Jan. 2017 - June 2018

Launchpad App Development designed and developed a marketplace app with beacon technology. Other features include business web portals and a payment management system. They also built a landing page site.

Danny Simmonds
Founder & CEO, Buddy & Co Australia

The app fulfilled all requirements and garnered positive user feedback. Launchpad App Development maintained a seamless workflow throughout the project, delivering with diligence and willing to try new technologies. The team remained professional when stressful moments arose.

I am the founder and CEO of Buddy & Co Australia. We connect restaurants and customers on a marketplace platform.

For what projects/services did your company hire Launchpad App Development?

We partnered with Launchpad App Development to design and develop our platform from the ground up.

We were looking to create a user-friendly marketplace platform for restaurants to create engaging profiles and provide users with exclusive information. However, after a 10-hour workshop with Dane (Founder & Managing Director, Launchpad App Development) and his team, we also decided to include beacon technology in the final product.

We hired Launchpad App Development because they were a startup like us. They demonstrated a genuine interest in our team’s success and a passion for turning our vision into reality.

We started with a ten-hour workshop to establish our vision for the app. I came in with only an idea, and Launchpad App Development took that and handled the rest. They started by supplying idea screens, sample landing page designs, and wireframes. The team then developed the app itself. Features include business module development, a payment management system, web portals for businesses, and an SSL certificate. They organized workshops to design the UI/UX. They built a promotional landing page website and even set up our company email. Lastly, Launchpad App Development incorporated beacon technology into the app, a technology that the team had not worked with before.

Our initial meeting was with the founding members and a designer named Julian (Creative Director, Launchpad App Development). As the project progressed and became more demanding, the team brought in a project manager named Jay (Lead Product Manager, Launchpad App Development) with whom we were in constant contact.

Our app has seen overwhelming praise from users since its launch. Our incorporation of beacon technology, of which we are an early adopter in our market, has also taken off successfully.

They remained professional and collected even when the work became challenging at times.

No, we were highly satisfied with their work.

Overall Score If I could rate them more than five stars, I would.
    Launchpad App Development invested in not only our app, but also the business and vision behind it.
    I’d highly recommend their team for any app development work.

App Development for Australian Social Media Platform

"They captured the goal of the app and delivered exactly what I needed."

Launchpad created a calendar sharing social media app for iOS and Android. They completed all of the design and built both the CMS and an admin panel for data management.

Founder, Australian Social Media Platform

The app has a 3.7 ranking on the Google Play store and 4 stars in the Apple store with a growing user base. Launchpad excelled at translating the initial idea to a marketable product. The team clearly explained their Agile methodology and sought to improve the app, not just develop it.

Our startup has developed an app for people working away from home. It was designed to help users stay connected with family and friends while they are away. Our company is run by a team of 3 people.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

I work away from home a lot and came to be separated from my friends and family. I found that many social media platforms weren't aimed at people such as myself. I wanted to create a social media app which allowed users to easily share their work calendar with friends and family. I got in touch with Launchpad in order to create this app.

Launchpad developed my app for iOS and Android, also building the CMS [content management system] for it. I have an admin panel through which I can manage its data. They handled design, based on the color scheme and logo requested by me. They were very good in translating my idea and launching the app to the market.

Our app features a countdown timer which notifies contacts of the time remaining until the person working abroad is coming home.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I used clutch.co as a reference. There were many Australian developers available, but I was looking for someone who could work with me in designing and coding it in just the right way. Based on the feedback I read for Launchpad, as well as their pricing, they appeared to be the most suitable choice.

Costs in Australia can be quite excessive. The cheaper companies haven't proven themselves as developers. Launchpad, as well as having an established reputation, were quite cost effective.

How much have you invested with Launchpad App Development?

The total development cost with Launchpad was around $50,000.

The app has been completed for a few months and has a growing user base. We're working with Launchpad on making an update to it and fixing small issues, but my work with them is largely complete.

Since the app has launched, it has been great to see that there is a user validation for it, which just keeps growing. We have a 3.7 star ranking on the Google Play store and 4 stars on the Apple store. Both versions are quite good and have proven useful to users, helping them while they work away from home.

They captured the goal of the app and delivered exactly what I needed. I couldn't be happier in this regard.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Given that this was my first app development project, Launchpad made the process easy for me, clearly explaining the Agile methodology.

What did you find most impressive about Launchpad App Development?

Everything worked well, and throughout the process, Launchpad didn't simply go with what I said, but they also considered ways of making the app better. I feel that I made the right choice with Launchpad. They've brought the app to what it is today, which is great.

Are there any areas Launchpad App Development could improve?

It's always hard to deal with an overseas company. Communication was a bit tough, but besides that, there wasn't much which could be improved upon. I understand that working within the Australian time zone was difficult for Launchpad.

Overall Score Even though there was a small schedule issue, I still give Launchpad a maximum rating in terms of exceeding my expectations. They were great to me and I'm happy with my choice.
    Launchpad delivered over-schedule, but it was understandable, given the tweaking d They came close to the timeframe.
    The budget wasn't exceeded and they went above and beyond what I expected the service to be.
    The work exceeded my expectations.
    I haven't worked with any other app developers, so if a friend was to ask for a recommendation, I would have to go for Launchpad.

Silver