We transform innovative ideas into successful apps

Bronze

Launchpad App Development turns innovative ideas into successful apps. We do this by providing a holistic range of services including app development, commercialisation consulting and ongoing support, providing a turnkey solution to building tech startups. We specialise in designing outstanding digital experiences that engage users so you can generate revenue faster.

Melbourne, Australia
  • Level 2, 43 Residency Rd, Shanthala Nagar, Ashok Nagar
    Bangalore, KA 560025

Mobile App Dev for Party Invitations Platform

"Launchpad App Development’s attentiveness makes them stand out from other vendors."

Launchpad App Development developed and designed a party invitation application for parents hosting events for their children. The team created the platform for iOS and Android. It will be free for download.

Alfons Mikhaeil
Director, Boebus Pty Ltd

Within the next couple of weeks, the app will be available for download. Initial feedback on the test version was positive. Launchpad App Development’s attention to detail was noteworthy. Their transparency supplemented their professional management style. Expect an upfront and accommodating team.

I’m a director at Boebus Pty Ltd. My project, JAHWOW, is an app that helps parents design invitations and manage the invites for their children’s parties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

I was looking for a company to bring my idea to life.

I had completed an attraction lab with another company, so I had an idea of the design and process flow I wanted. After passing that to Launchpad App Development, their team produced wireframes before moving on to developing the app for iOS and Android.

After downloading the app, users can set up a profile and fill in their kids’ names and birthdates. If there is a child’s birthday, confirmation, bar mitzvah, or any other occasion, users can use templates to make invitations. Parents can choose a blank card to write their own messages and add their own pictures. They can also update a template by changing the background color or adding a photo. We also have 20-second video invites available. Once the design is created, users input event details that include the addresses and gift ideas.

Once the invite is created, it pulls up a contact list where users can put who they want to receive an invite. If the contact isn’t listed, users can enter it manually. Parents will get a message about the invite, and then have to download the app to receive the notification. It shows the cards and details, which users view before responding whether they can attend or not. If recipients RSVP, they can view who is attending and if there are any dietary requirements. The host of the event gets a notification if a person responds and can see a running tab of who’s attending and who isn’t.

I’ve dealt with their design team and about five of their company members based in Melbourne. I believe their code writers are based in India.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I interviewed 13 development companies. I was attracted to Launchpad App Development because the company is based in Melbourne, Australia. They’re close enough that I can talk to them face-to-face if I need. After speaking to them on the phone a couple times, their team invited me to their office for a no obligation meeting. It went well, and we signed an NDA. They put together a package of what services they offer, and then we went from there.

In total, we’ve spent between $85,000–$90,000.

We started working with Launchpad App Development in January 2018, and the work is ongoing.

I’m looking to sign off on the project either at the end of this week or by next week. The app will be free for download once it’s submitted to the app stores. I’ve given test builds to friends and family, receiving nothing but praise. Launchpad App Development is helpful and accommodating. If any issue arises, I can easily talk to their team. I’ve had no problems with them during the engagement.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Usually, our communications are through email. If I need to, I’ll organize a call, and we will schedule a time as soon as possible. We speak every two weeks. Sometimes it has to be once a week, depending on what arises.

Launchpad App Development’s attentiveness makes them stand out from other vendors. When I call and have to leave a message, they get back to me right away. They’ve addressed anything I’ve asked of them, never changing the subject or never getting back to me. Their team is upfront about their skillset. If they can complete a task, they explain why. It’s been a transparent process.

When I ask questions about wireframes and design, I would’ve liked a more detailed explanation. This could be a problem on my end as well. I’m new to app design, so I could’ve picked up on a few things. In the end, it all worked out.

I recommend working with Launchpad App Development. They’re a group of young and talented developers that are upfront and transparent. I have nothing but praise for their team.

Web Dev for Health & Fitness Clubs

“In addition to delivering the product three months ahead of time, they also came in under budget.”

July 2017 - Feb. 2018

Launchpad designed and developed a web-based platform that allows administrators to create customized exercise plans for clients.

Melbourne, Australia
Lucas Bugeja
Owner, Genesis Health Clubs

Launchpad delivered a high-quality web platform that has helped improve internal productivity while decreasing client attrition rates. In addition to communicating well, they delivered ahead of time and under budget. Their dedication to client success sets them apart.

I'm the owner and director of Genesis Health Clubs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

We engaged Launchpad to build a website that would allow our team to prescribe exercises to members digitally throughout our health clubs.

Launchpad designed and developed a website based on our requirements and ideas, creating a unique system in the process that enabled us to create exercise programs for clients.

We worked with Jay (Director and Lead Product Manager, Launchpad App Development) the majority of the time, who managed a few developers on his team.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I found them through an online search and chose them based on their reputation and positive reviews.

We invested about $140,000 AUD (about $100,000 USD).

We worked together from July 2017–February 2018, delivering the product three months ahead of time.

In addition to delivering the product three months ahead of time, they also came in under budget. Launchpad enabled our team to effectively offer customers digital plans, while streamlining internal processes. Since launching the program, we've experienced a significant decrease in client attrition rates.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive and communicative throughout the project, meeting or exceeding each timeline expectation.

Their willingness to produce something they're proud of sets them apart. They still follow up with us on occasion to see how everything's going, so their passion for what they do is very evident.

No. Their services and delivery have been outstanding.

I'd definitely recommend working with them, especially considering the fact that their directors are very involved with projects and have high communications standards.

Overall Score They exceeded expectations.
    They always met or beat deadlines.
    They're very competitively priced and offer a great value for the investment.
    Their service and deliverables were top notch.
    They're the only app vendor I'd recommend.

App and Web Dev for Restaurant Platform

"Launchpad App Development made the collaboration seamless. They delivered quality products with speed and efficiency."

Jan. 2017 - June 2018

Launchpad App Development designed and developed a marketplace app with beacon technology. Other features include business web portals and a payment management system. They also built a landing page site.

Danny Simmonds
Founder & CEO, Buddy & Co Australia

The app fulfilled all requirements and garnered positive user feedback. Launchpad App Development maintained a seamless workflow throughout the project, delivering with diligence and willing to try new technologies. The team remained professional when stressful moments arose.

I am the founder and CEO of Buddy & Co Australia. We connect restaurants and customers on a marketplace platform.

For what projects/services did your company hire Launchpad App Development?

We partnered with Launchpad App Development to design and develop our platform from the ground up.

We were looking to create a user-friendly marketplace platform for restaurants to create engaging profiles and provide users with exclusive information. However, after a 10-hour workshop with Dane (Founder & Managing Director, Launchpad App Development) and his team, we also decided to include beacon technology in the final product.

We hired Launchpad App Development because they were a startup like us. They demonstrated a genuine interest in our team’s success and a passion for turning our vision into reality.

We started with a ten-hour workshop to establish our vision for the app. I came in with only an idea, and Launchpad App Development took that and handled the rest. They started by supplying idea screens, sample landing page designs, and wireframes. The team then developed the app itself. Features include business module development, a payment management system, web portals for businesses, and an SSL certificate. They organized workshops to design the UI/UX. They built a promotional landing page website and even set up our company email. Lastly, Launchpad App Development incorporated beacon technology into the app, a technology that the team had not worked with before.

Our initial meeting was with the founding members and a designer named Julian (Creative Director, Launchpad App Development). As the project progressed and became more demanding, the team brought in a project manager named Jay (Lead Product Manager, Launchpad App Development) with whom we were in constant contact.

Our app has seen overwhelming praise from users since its launch. Our incorporation of beacon technology, of which we are an early adopter in our market, has also taken off successfully.

They remained professional and collected even when the work became challenging at times.

No, we were highly satisfied with their work.

Overall Score If I could rate them more than five stars, I would.
    Launchpad App Development invested in not only our app, but also the business and vision behind it.
    I’d highly recommend their team for any app development work.

App Development for Australian Social Media Platform

"They captured the goal of the app and delivered exactly what I needed."

Launchpad created a calendar sharing social media app for iOS and Android. They completed all of the design and built both the CMS and an admin panel for data management.

Founder, Australian Social Media Platform

The app has a 3.7 ranking on the Google Play store and 4 stars in the Apple store with a growing user base. Launchpad excelled at translating the initial idea to a marketable product. The team clearly explained their Agile methodology and sought to improve the app, not just develop it.

Our startup has developed an app for people working away from home. It was designed to help users stay connected with family and friends while they are away. Our company is run by a team of 3 people.

I am the founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Launchpad App Development?

I work away from home a lot and came to be separated from my friends and family. I found that many social media platforms weren't aimed at people such as myself. I wanted to create a social media app which allowed users to easily share their work calendar with friends and family. I got in touch with Launchpad in order to create this app.

Launchpad developed my app for iOS and Android, also building the CMS [content management system] for it. I have an admin panel through which I can manage its data. They handled design, based on the color scheme and logo requested by me. They were very good in translating my idea and launching the app to the market.

Our app features a countdown timer which notifies contacts of the time remaining until the person working abroad is coming home.

How did you come to work with Launchpad App Development?

I used clutch.co as a reference. There were many Australian developers available, but I was looking for someone who could work with me in designing and coding it in just the right way. Based on the feedback I read for Launchpad, as well as their pricing, they appeared to be the most suitable choice.

Costs in Australia can be quite excessive. The cheaper companies haven't proven themselves as developers. Launchpad, as well as having an established reputation, were quite cost effective.

How much have you invested with Launchpad App Development?

The total development cost with Launchpad was around $50,000.

The app has been completed for a few months and has a growing user base. We're working with Launchpad on making an update to it and fixing small issues, but my work with them is largely complete.

Since the app has launched, it has been great to see that there is a user validation for it, which just keeps growing. We have a 3.7 star ranking on the Google Play store and 4 stars on the Apple store. Both versions are quite good and have proven useful to users, helping them while they work away from home.

They captured the goal of the app and delivered exactly what I needed. I couldn't be happier in this regard.

How did Launchpad App Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Given that this was my first app development project, Launchpad made the process easy for me, clearly explaining the Agile methodology.

What did you find most impressive about Launchpad App Development?

Everything worked well, and throughout the process, Launchpad didn't simply go with what I said, but they also considered ways of making the app better. I feel that I made the right choice with Launchpad. They've brought the app to what it is today, which is great.

Are there any areas Launchpad App Development could improve?

It's always hard to deal with an overseas company. Communication was a bit tough, but besides that, there wasn't much which could be improved upon. I understand that working within the Australian time zone was difficult for Launchpad.

Overall Score Even though there was a small schedule issue, I still give Launchpad a maximum rating in terms of exceeding my expectations. They were great to me and I'm happy with my choice.
    Launchpad delivered over-schedule, but it was understandable, given the tweaking d They came close to the timeframe.
    The budget wasn't exceeded and they went above and beyond what I expected the service to be.
    The work exceeded my expectations.
    I haven't worked with any other app developers, so if a friend was to ask for a recommendation, I would have to go for Launchpad.

Bronze