We build eCommerce ecosystems based on Magento

At Kiwee we are passionate about building best in class eCommerce ecosystems with reliable and secure back-end.

We cherish and value the relationship with our clients and go extra mile for them whenever possible. Our clients’ reviews below speak for themselves.

Our platforms:

Wrocław 50-375
    Poland
    +48 885 782 640

Complete Magento Site for Collectibles Retailer

"I have never been more satisfied with a developer or IT company during my 18 years’ experience."

2015 - Ongoing

An online retailer found Kiwee almost accidentally when they were impressed by an e-commerce site that they really liked. Kiwee built a new Magento site from scratch and provided all maintenance services needed.

Norway
Knut Moe
Managing Director, Norsk Modelljernbane AS

The team's work has been very fast and attractively priced given their expertise. Project management was noted as extremely professional, especially because the client had online access to all communications and project details.

Our company is an omnichannel retailer and manufacturer of model railways and accessories. We have five or six employees. I’m the Managing Director for our Norwegian division.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kiwee?

We were looking for a developer and provider for our online store. We had a previous developer that wasn’t working very well for us. We did some research and found some websites online which Kiwee had made, and they looked very professional and worked very well, so we contacted them.

We had a Magento website already, but it was not working very well. Kiwee developed an entirely new Magento website from scratch. First, they were brainstorming and doing research to find what we were looking for and what kind of performance we wanted to have regarding page loads speeds and server demands. They manage our complete online solution for us as of now including installing all add-ons and extensions, payment services, MailChimp extensions for newsletters, etc. They are also responsible for both our servers. Kiwee is a relatively small company. I was in contact with all the employees at that time. The CEOs and designers - the whole team at that time was dedicated to our project. Now that they’ve expanded a little bit, we have a fixed contact person which we are working with, but for difficult challenges, the whole team is still involved in our project.

How did you come to work with Kiwee?

I stumbled across a website they developed and from there I went to their home page and had a look at other sites they had made.

How much have you invested with Kiwee?

We are around $50,000 to $60,000.

We met for a quick meeting I think around September or October 2015, and then we started working together in the fourth quarter. They’re still providing maintenance.

If you look at the sales on our website, the sales are growing every month with the new website. We went with the Magento project and stepped it up quite a bit. We used to have a good but old OS commerce site before and when we changed to Magento with the first developers our sales dropped instead. Of course, that was a disaster for us. With Kiwee we managed to go back to where we used to be with our OS commerce site, and now we are growing approximately 5% to 10% each month in all markets. We would attribute that to the new website. It’s the right tool for us. With the new solutions, we can also work better. But without that platform, we would not be able to have that increase for sure.

How did Kiwee perform from a project management standpoint?

I can only speak to what I’ve experienced before. I must say they are extremely dedicated. Kiwee works with project platforms like JIRA. They are very professional, and they are very thorough technically. They are extremely knowledgeable and provide a lot of in-house testing before release also. They also use a Jenkins platform for releasing the code. We find them extremely professional, helpful, and customer oriented in their quest for customer satisfaction. I find them also very fast working and very affordable considering their knowledge and know-how as a team.

What did you find most impressive about Kiwee?

Communication with the customer and their project management is extremely professional.

Are there any areas Kiwee could improve?

Normally there is always a negative side but to be honest, I have never been more satisfied with a developer or IT company during my 18 years’ experience in the business. I’m extremely satisfied.

Overall Score We are extremely satisfied.
    They are extremely fast.
    Compared to their knowledge and experience with the Magneto platform and everything we do - we have saved a lot of money with Kiwee.
    It’s based on our experience with previous developers. Kiwee has provided us with a safe, well-working platform with extremely high uptime even under load pressure and a very good overview of the development. We had online access to basically everything.
    As long as it’s not a competitor.

Magento Store for Niche Shoe Retailer

"Kiwee was able to grow with us, from being a brand-new company to having almost 5 million in turnover business this year."

May 2012 - Ongoing

Kiwee has built and managed the client's Magento website from zero to over $5 million in annual turnover. Their team includes a dedicated project manager, Magento developers and front-end designers.

Paris, France
Nicolas Metzke
CEO, Melvin & Hamilton Digital

Kiwee's proposals are too conservative for the client's taste, but it ensures that expectations are met and so far that hasn't led to any problems. That, in combination with affordable pricing, have led to strong working relationship.

I’m the CEO of an e-commerce company. We represent the brand Melvin & Hamilton, a brand for shoes and leather goods. Essentially, we’re selling through the Internet to different countries in Europe. Our main markets are Germany and the Netherlands, but we also ship to over 20 different countries. Our company is based in Paris with around 12 people. We started in 2012, so it’s our fourth year now.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kiwee?

Back then, we needed someone to develop the Magento framework of our store. One of the challenges was that we have seasonal campaigns that result in spikes in orders.

Kiwee’s our main provider of IT services. They developed the website and the Magento store, including the front-end and the back office. The site was then connected to our technical services for warehouse management, emails, help desk, and customer tickets. Kiwee manages the Magento store, system administration, and the interaction with those services. The majority of the design was also their handiwork. Some parts of the design are outsourced, but most parts are managed by Kiwee. During the year, we also need to rework some features as there might be some bugs here and there. They manage the performance and the systems; basically, all of our IT.

We do face-to-face meetings probably once a year. Kiwee works remotely using Skype and a ticket system. We’re fully agile and we use JIRA to manage the backlog. There is 1 dedicated resource who works full-time for our project. One of the founders of Kiwee is also involved with us part-time. It depends on the type of projects and tickets he is sending in. Based on demand, a graphic designer or UI [user interface] designer would also be available to us. Occasionally, another developer would be involved if the workload demands it. Throughout the summer, we had a second person half-time, and right now we don’t need it. It’s really on demand.

How did you come to work with Kiwee?

I met the Kiwee founder in my previous company. We were not working in the same division, but we worked for the same company. Kiwee’s founders started their agency about the same time that I launched this company in 2012. They had some experience with Magento, which was the framework that I wanted to use for my shop, so I naturally asked them. It was a good fit because they had the experience we needed. We knew each other and that confidence helped.

[Confidential]

We started working with them in May 2012 and the engagement is ongoing. Kiwee has been there from the very beginning.

Kiwee was able to grow with us, from being a brand-new company to having almost 5 million in turnover business this year. Also, Kiwee understands the importance of traffic peaks for our website. We don’t do TV advertising, but we have large campaigns around Black Friday. We also have another big campaign in the springtime, when we have a change in our product catalog. Another partner drives a lot of traffic to our site then. So far, they were always able to go from, say, 2,000 units a day to almost 100,000 units a day within 24 hours. They’re able to build the back-end just the same during those peaks. It’s not always easy to accomplish, but so far it always worked.

How did Kiwee perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s pretty agile. We have probably 7, 8 people who can create tickets in JIRA. Every 2 weeks, we review priorities, look at the top tickets in the backlog, and then start a new sprint. There’s a planning meeting with our lead developer from Kiwee, who also happens to be one of the founders. We also review the tickets together with the graphic designer. Kiwee estimates the timeline beforehand. Generally, they’re very careful about what they promise in terms of delays and features. Every morning, we also have a 15-minute call on Skype to review yesterday’s tickets and the tickets that they plan to work on during the day. We would also discuss potential roadblocks or issues before proceeding. We keep things very agile; if projects change or something urgent comes up, we adjust accordingly. If we need to pull in additional resources, Kiwee makes that possible. If we need short-term resources for graphic design or to fix anything that breaks, they can put in additional people. Usually, the short-term requests are either design or system admin in nature. If there’s something on the system, then those guys are pretty flexible.

What did you find most impressive about Kiwee?

Kiwee is very easy and very straightforward to work with. They’re remote, so we are hooked together on Skype. They are based in Poland and we are in France. They’re pretty much available whenever I need them, so I appreciate the ease of collaboration. It’s almost as if they are right next door.

Are there any areas Kiwee could improve?

The only remark I have is that real innovation or out of the box thinking needs to come from us. I don’t know if I should expect this from them or not, since they focus on execution. That’s okay. But whenever I ask them about best practices, it’s really not coming from them. You have to tell them what to do. Still, they’re doing their job so I don’t regret anything.

Overall Score We have a pretty smooth collaboration. It’s not a full 5 because I’m missing this little thing that would make them the best Magento developers. They’re very good, but not top-notch.
    They’re very good about respecting timing. They prefer to under promise and over deliver. There’s no issue there in terms of availability.
    It’s not the lowest cost at all, but the cost-quality ratio is very good. I would need to pay much more for local developers in France.
    Overall, they deliver what we expect. It’s not perfect. They’re overly careful, which means that sometimes we’re not achieving the goal 100%. They provide very predictable and good service, but it’s only worth a 4.
    I would definitely recommend them to a similar business.

Magento Implementation for Pet Food E-commerce

"They [Kiwee] are very eager to deliver, very eager to reach the next goals and steps."

2011 - Ongoing

The client has used Kiwee as their development partner for the past few years. Their augmented resources provide support and maintenance for the client's Magento-based e-commerce site.

Berlin, Germany
CTO, Pet E-commerce Company

Kiwee's resources' dedication to the project and their holistic approach to understanding and further developing the desired product is not matched by similar agencies according to the client.

We are an e-commerce start-up founded in November 2011. We run an online shop selling individualized pet food for dogs. The concept is to provide dog food which meets the nutritional requirements of every individual dog. I am the Chief Technology Officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Kiwee?

From the founding of our company, Kiwee has been one of our major partners for development and support of the e-commerce shop. The e-commerce is based on Magento and highly individualized to our needs.

It's a PHP based framework based on open source Magento Community Edition. It's highly customized, and a lot of JavaScript, PHP, and MySQL is required to operate the page successfully. In the last couple of years, Kiwee has supported us to maintain and extend the online shop in order to successfully sell our pet food and to meet the security goals we have.

How did you come to work with Kiwee?

It was through a recommendation in our close business network.

This is confidential.

We are still working with them. At least one developer is always full time on the project. We have had up to two and a half developers in busier periods.

We have an increasing number of new customers and a good retention rate, which is for sure our main key performance indicator for customer satisfaction.

Primarily, the customer feedback focuses on the emotional part, which is the dog. Most of the feedback is based on the product for their pet - the website is basically a side product for the customer. However, there is no negative feedback on the websites design, the website’s performance, or the business logic. I suppose the customers are happy using the website.

How did Kiwee perform from a project management standpoint?

Kiwee is very passionate about delivering their work. We have a close partnership, learning and growing together. From a project management point of view, Kiwee’s developers have a good degree of self-structuring and a high ability to breakdown complex topics. Project management is required, but it is part of our strategic planning that we have the project management in-house. I would be in communication with the experts internally since we basically have been working together remotely for four years now, only using Skype for design and other collaboration tools.

What did you find most impressive about Kiwee?

They are very committed to their customer. They're very committed to our project and very committed to the products since they are emotionally close to the project and close to the product. I don't see any other agency so committed to a customer like Kiwee is. They are very eager to deliver, very eager to reach the next goals and steps, and also very eager to learn in terms of content, in terms of new functionality, and new technology. This is where I see that Kiwee is leading in comparison to the other agencies I have worked with.

Are there any areas Kiwee could improve?

Overall Score I'm happy and Kiwee's happy. We work successfully together.
    It’s always hard to estimate how long a development will take. Scope changes and feature requests impact the deadlines. Overall, what’s important is to see the app as a whole and identify which parts need to be developed or improved.
    They're very competitive in comparison to other agencies. The price point is the reason why we worked with Kiwee in our early stages. They are doing great work on the budget as well.
    The quality delivered and the development work was always satisfying. Kiwee delivers high quality code and products.