Start Fresh

Silver

INCITRIO | a branding & marketing agency

At Incitrio, we pull together best-in-class, 100% USA talent to give you the highest caliber creative combined with exceptional customer service. Our team’s combined years of experience easily exceeds one hundred years and our founder’s experience working with Fortune 500 brands greatly enhances the work we do with both our local and global clients.

We’re a boutique agency with all the efficiencies of a smaller shop. But make no mistake about it: our team’s industry experience is rock solid.

Incitrio’s founder and Chief Creative Officer, Angela Hill, brings big agency experience to all of Incitrio’s clients. Throughout her 20-years in the industry, Ms. Hill has worked with Fortune 500 brands such as: Mars Candy, Energizer, Williams Sonoma, Ford, Anheuser Busch, Merrill Lynch, PG&E, Visa, Maersk, Sun Microsystems, Intel, Foster Farms, SEGA, Jabra, Taylor Guitars, Arena Pharmaceuticals, Acadia, and more.

Our agency’s growth philosophy is simple. We’re more interested in doing really great work than becoming the next Ogilvy. We’d rather invest in a long-term relationship to truly grow a brand than chase short-term monetary gains for quick hit projects. We take on clients when we truly believe we can make a difference to their bottom line and deliver real results. Likewise, we take on clients who are committed to what it takes to be successful. If you’re passionate about your business and looking for a true agency partner, then we’re the perfect fit for you!

INCITRIO | a branding & marketing agency

12526 High Bluff Drive, Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92130

phone: 858-523-1822 | web: www.incitrio.com

2004
San Diego, CA
  • 12526 High Bluff Drive, Suite 300
    San Diego, CA 92130

Key Industries: Bio/Medical Commercial Services Education & Non Profit Professional Services Retail & Consumer Software & Technology. To view Incitrio's full service/capability portfolio visit us at: https://incitrio.com/our-work/

Incitrio Portfolio Reel

Discovery Conference Centre Image

Discovery Conference Centre

Work Performed: Branding and Web Design

DRC Image

DRC

Work Performed: Website Design, Collateral Design, Stationery Design, and Social Media & Email Marketing Campaigns

San Diego Jewelry Buyers Image

San Diego Jewelry Buyers

Work Performed: Graphic Design, Web Design, and Email & Direct Marketing
nulu Image

nulu

Work Performed: Branding, Web Design, UI/Software Design, and Hispanic & Global Marketing

Go Sprouts! Image

Go Sprouts!

Work Performed: Branding, Web Design, Packaging Design, and Collateral Design

Print and Web Design for Management Consulting Company

“We can really see their passion for their work through the creative, artistic designs they deliver.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

INCITRIO acts as a partner for all marketing needs for an outsourced finance and accounting group. Their work includes website design, creation of print collateral, and soon SEO services.

Leela Ottombrino
General Manager, RG Alliance Group LLC

In their ongoing relationship, the team consistently delivers products on time and within budget. Reliable with strong design skills, they’re able to propel projects forward and encourage the internal team to do the same. Their understanding of the company aided them in their designs.

I’m the general manager at R.G. Alliance Group LLC. We offer accounting, CFO support, financial reporting, and more for our clients. I’m the primary person working with INCITRIO.

What challenge were you trying to address with INCITRIO?

We hired them to help with our marketing efforts, starting with our collateral. INCITRIO helped us create printed handouts for a tabling event.

In our first project with them, they improved upon our printed informational handouts, which we not professionally done. We also worked on designing banners for events.

After engaging them for print collateral, we decided to keep them on to redesign our WordPress website. I created our old site without any professional experience. We turned it over the logins to them, so they could rebuild the entire site. They recently got it launched without assistance on our end. It was all handled by them. Now, they’re our go-to team for anything marketing related, including updated collateral and business cards. In fact, we plan on engaging them for SEO soon.

I work directly with Angela (CEO, INCITRIO), Tiffany (Digital Marketing Coordinator, INCITRIO), and Andrea (Project Manager, INCITRIO) on the project.

How did you come to work with INCITRIO?

We provide bookkeeping services for them, so my boss has known Angela for quite some time. It was a while before we started working with them because we don’t focus much energy on marketing. As we started to grow, we realized we needed to build a more professional presence. They were a natural choice because we had a relationship with them already.

We started working with them in May 2017 and have a monthly retainer with them now. Our teams are still pretty actively engaged with each other.

We’ve spent $39,600 with them.

I work closely with them, and we’re most concerned with them delivering within our timelines. They always meet deadlines, even if they’re dealing with tight turnaround times and responsible for printing materials. They’re always pushing to make sure we are moving forward at our desired pace.

How did INCITRIO perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage the whole project. We help them with some of the content, but they’re always pinging and reminding us to provide resources. I can tell that they’re driven to move the project forward. It’s nice because I never feel like I have to direct them too much.

I enjoy and appreciate their eye for design. That’s really their strong point. They provide classy, clean design work. We can really see their passion for their work through the creative, artistic designs they deliver. They have a strong vision for our company from that perspective.

Because we don't have an in-house marketing team, it would be nice if they provided more guidance on how to use their time most effectively. I would love suggestions because we aren’t aware of all of the market possibilities out there that could benefit us.

Especially if you have a large project lined up, collect your information and requirements. Communicate them immediately to INCITRIO. If you have a website design project, have your written content and images selected. From there, make sure you’re pushing as much as they are to complete the project. That’s necessary to moving everything forward.

Overall Score I’m very happy with our relationship.
    There were a few tight deadlines, but they never missed one.
    They’re a little pricy, but we get a great ROI.
    All edits on their work are minor because of their understanding of our business.
    I’ve recommended them quite a few times to a handful of my clients.

Web Design & Brand Refresh for IT Service Provider

"I was impressed with INCITRIO’s creativity and strong attention to detail."

May 2017 - Jan. 2019

INCITRIO revamped a site, migrating a number of pages to an updated platform. The team performed a brand refresh, striving to modernize a logo, collateral, and colors. They also assisted with HubSpot and SEO.

Marketing Manager, IT Solutions Company

All external and internal feedback has been positive regarding the modern look INCITRIO’s team created. Conversion rates and traffic have increased on the brand-new website. Their insightful and creative team make their clients stand out from competitors. They’re proactive and communicative.

I’m the marketing manager of an outsourced IT solutions company that provides help desk support for end-users. We also perform professional services that are more strategic and deal with technical projects. For example, we can help users reset their passwords or migrate their work from an on-premise server to a cloud server. Our company provides a full range of IT services.

What challenge were you trying to address with INCITRIO?

We needed a fast and user-friendly site that would perform well on Google. We wanted users to be able to navigate the website with little thought. Our branding and usability were considerable factors in us wanting to update our website.

INCITRIO did a complete overhaul of our website, designing something new from a layout perspective on WordPress. Their team migrated our entire site, which was over 4,000 pages of content, including service pages, blog articles, and landing pages. They also updated and refreshed our logo.

The branding work wasn’t a complete rebrand; we mainly focused on making everything look more modern. Along with the logo, they also created a mood board, new type & font, and brand colors for us. They helped me write the branding guidelines. The team at INCITRIO created collateral assets, providing templates and mockups for business cards, brochures, and datasheets.

Their team offered ongoing consulting services as well. At the time, I was a content marketing strategist, but Angela (CEO & Fractional CMO, INCITRIO) helped me grow into a more senior role. During those consulting hours, she talked through different marketing challenges and helped me build spreadsheets on how to improve my ROI.

Before I started working here, the INCITRIO team set up HubSpot, migrating all of our contacts so that we would have a more robust marketing automation system. Once we launched the website, I worked with Tiffany (Digital Marketing Coordinator, INCITRIO) on SEO. She helped with crawl reports and trained me in Google Analytics.

I was in contact with the entire team. Angela was the main point of contact on the consulting side. As far as designing, I worked heavily with Angie (Lead Graphic Designer, INCITRIO). Tiffany was who I communicated with when it came to HubSpot and other digital marketing tasks.

How did you come to work with INCITRIO?

INCITRIO was hired a few months before I started working here. A few different companies had been vetted, but I’m not sure what led to selecting INCITRIO. I believe our CEO was connected to Angela in some way.

We’ve invested $100,000.

We started working with INCITRIO in May 2017, and our engagement ended in January 2019.

Angie was the design mastermind. A few clients have commented on how great it all looks. Feedback has been positive internally, as well. Once it was launched, a lot of colleagues reached out, saying that it was long overdue. They said we looked like a more modern company.

Our conversion rates and traffic has increased. Page load time has also increased by a few seconds. Overall, the website is so much better. People can hover over where they need to go without much thought. This is exactly what we wanted.

How did INCITRIO perform from a project management standpoint?

Their office is a 20-minute drive from both my office and home. I can work remotely sometimes. If we needed face-to-face time, I could easily go into the office to talk things out.

On the consulting side, I’d meet with Angela a few hours a month, going over big-picture strategic questions. The graphic designer and I were in constant communication regarding what I liked and didn’t like. Her design skills were top-notch. I had HubSpot experience, but Tiffany was helpful in the beginning. She made sure I knew where everything was and that I was set up for future success.

The website design was mostly done through phone calls and email updates. We also used Excel spreadsheets.

In the marketing world, it’s so hard to find a way to stand out and be different, considering how much content is on the internet. I appreciated Angie’s fresh insight. Since she’s been in the business for 15 years, she’s seen the shift from pre-digital to all digital. She had the right ideas to make us stand out from others.

I was impressed with INCITRIO’s creativity and strong attention to detail. We’d go over mockups together. I would think something looked great, but when they moved something to the left, it would look even better. When I’d write content and share it with them, they’d also give suggestions on how to improve it.

Since our original site had missing meta descriptions and focus keywords, I would’ve liked SEO baked in a little more. I wasn’t privy to the conversations when they were brought on. Since my CEO doesn’t have a marketing background, she could’ve told them to migrate everything as is.  With the new content we built, they completely optimized everything. I would’ve liked a more expert opinion on what they recommended for SEO. It would’ve increased cost, but it’s essential. I can’t ding them for it, but I do wish that was a piece of it.

Stay in constant communication. Because I requested it, we talked frequently and found a way that would work for us. It’s different for everyone, though. At the beginning of an engagement with INCITRIO, figure out what communication works best for you.

Web Redesign for Business Consulting Firm

“They’ve cultivated a meaningful and valuable relationship with us.”

INCITRIO offered a wide range of marketing services to a not-for-profit corporate governance organization, which included a website redesign and collateral to make the brand more visible at events.

Christina de Vaca
CEO, Corporate Directors Forum

Since the launch of the site and the implementation of the rest of their work, all metrics are trending up. The redesigned website accurately visualizes the value proposition, making it easier to communicate to existing and prospective members. The team was organized, dedicated, and professional.

I’m the CEO of the Corporate Directors Forum (CDF). We’re an organization dedicated to helping directors and boards perform at higher levels. There are a series of programs we’ve developed with the main focus on building more effective boards through continuous learning and peer networking.

What challenge were you trying to address with INCITRIO?

We’re a small group with limited resources. We didn’t have someone internally with the marketing expertise needed for us to grow and improve.

Among other things, they redesigned our website, changing the layout and appearance to make it more user-friendly. They suggested several improvements and opportunities we were missing. The team developed additional components and functionalities to account for our previously missed opportunities.

Additionally, they helped with our overall marketing strategy. We thought through our goals and how to best implement changes we wanted. One of our main goals is to build a strong network of corporate members. INCITRIO developed plans to reach the individuals that would benefit most from a relationship with us. Not only did they give us a wealth of ideas, but they also provided techniques for implementation and relevant tools to assist us with that effort.

For instance, they pinpointed inexpensive, quick ways to brand ourselves in the right areas. We now have pens and notebooks with our name and logo, so people can identify us at external venues. They continue assisting us in finding ways to leverage the talents of our committee participants to benefit CDF as a whole.

We worked with Angela (CEO, INCITRIO), who took charge of the project and made sure everything stayed on schedule.

How did you come to work with INCITRIO?

We researched well-established marketing organizations that could help us meet our needs. INCITRIO popped up several times, and they appeared to succeed in helping people elevate their marketing strategy. That encouraged us to hire them for this project.

Although I don’t have exact numbers, we’ve spent between $15,000–$20,000 with them.

We started working together in January 2018 and have a well-established relationship that’s ongoing.

Our new website is beautiful and really reflects what we do and what we offer. Additionally, our metrics indicate that we’ve been able to reach audiences more effectively, which has helped engage a greater volume of our target market. I’d attribute much of this success to their work.

How did INCITRIO perform from a project management standpoint?

Angela is one of the most organized, professional, and loyal people I’ve ever met. Her ability to keep us focused on our timeline has been phenomenal. She’s always conscious of opportunities for us to grow, and that’s something I’m truly grateful for.

They exhibit a real care for our organization. We’re not just a client to them, and that’s clear in their attitude and in the ways they connect with us. It makes the workflow much easier—I enjoy it immensely. They’ve cultivated a meaningful and valuable relationship with us.

Our engagement hasn’t been lengthy, but it feels as if we’ve known them forever. They’re certainly dedicated to thoroughly learning about our organization. Even at the beginning of our engagement, they were able to ask thoughtful questions and connect with our corporate members before leading us into logistics.

They do such a great job that I wish they were a part of our staff.

Be open to their creativity and new ideas, even if you don’t feel comfortable right away. Your willingness to listen will make a big difference in the success of the project.

Overall Score They’re experienced, talented, and able to satisfy our needs.
    I have nothing but high praise for them.
    We have limited resources, and they’ve always been accommodating.
    People comment on the quality of the site all the time.
    I’ve recommended them many times.

Web Dev, Design & SEO Services for Music Agency

"They’ve been responsive, handling any issues that have occurred immediately."

May 2016 - Ongoing

INCITRIO developed two websites using WordPress, creating the layout according to guidelines. They built an add-on, which was integrated into the site. They support SEO efforts and provide platform maintenance.

CEO, Music Therapy Agency

INCITRIO produced professional and comprehensive websites, which have received positive user feedback. The team managed the projects effectively, encouraging stakeholders to remain on schedule. Promptly resolving challenges, they remain a supportive partner.

I’m the CEO and founder of MusicWorx Inc. We provide music therapy as well as clinical, corporate, and wellness services to the community.

What challenge were you trying to address with INCITRIO?

We had a general MusicWorx Inc. website but needed a new look. We also wanted to create a music therapy and wellness hub to function as an extension of the site.

From scratch, INCITRIO built two WordPress websites for us. Their team helped us determine the best model to display our content because we wanted our services to be clear and quickly accessible. They developed a product store as well as an education hub—an extension of the platform. Currently, their team provides maintenance services and supports digital marketing efforts including organic SEO campaigns.

We’ve worked with Angela (CEO & Fractional CMO for B2B, INCITRIO) who has been our primary point of contact. Throughout the years, two other teammates have also collaborated with us.

How did you come to work with INCITRIO?

Angela had built a website for me previously. When I was ready to rebuild the MusicWorx Inc. platform, I contacted INCITRIO since I’d known the CEO for a long time.

Since the education hub was completed, INCITRIO has worked on a retainer fee of $300 a month.

We began collaborating with INCITRIO in May 2016, and our engagement is ongoing.

We’ve received compliments based on the website’s professionalism and thoroughness; users can find everything they need easily. When updating the platform, our team has found it to be user-friendly too.

How did INCITRIO perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve communicated primarily by email but also by phone on occasion. INCITRIO has been accessible, resolving any issues right away. Their team has managed the projects well. During website development, they helped keep our team on track.

They’ve been responsive, handling any issues that have occurred immediately. If our team can’t solve a platform challenge, INCITRIO will take care of it quickly.

No, I don’t think they could improve upon anything.

Manage timelines because INCITRIO can move as fast as their customers.

Branding for Diabetes Research Connection

"Incitrio was fully accessible to me and incredibly easy to work with."

Incitrio provided web design, SEO compatibility, and user experience enhancements. They also assisted in brand management and social media and digital marketing.

Executive Director at The Diabetes Research Connection

Incitrio's work successfullly led to a 400% increase in engagment that brought in over $500,000 through fundraising efforts. They were praised for going above and beyond while providing accomodating services.

The Diabetes Connection is a non-profit organization.

I am the executive director of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Incitrio?

We were trying to update our brand, in order to better engage with our donors.

Incitrio helped us with brand management, website development and maintenance, design, and strategic social and digital marketing.

How did you come to work with Incitrio?

I had worked with them at a prior job. I left that non-rpofit, but I maintained my relationship with Incitrio's owner [Angela Hill], so I ended up using her again for a different organization for branding and logo design. When I came to work for my current non-profit, I started a country-wide proposal process which included Incitrio. They once again won the bid.

We started working with Incitrio in April, 2015. Our project was completed in February, 2016.

Incitrio's  expertise led DRC to raise nearly $500,000 in nine months and increase social media engagement by 400%. I highly recommend Angela and her firm Incitrio!

What distinguishes Incitrio from other providers?

I've worked with many marketing firms. Incitrio is one of the easiest to work with. Many times, a firm may have some great ideas but, if the internal team doesn't approve them, the relationship can become rough. This was never the case with Incitrio. If there was an idea that was tossed out, we would simply regroup, brainstorm and move on. Incitrio was also one of the most accommodating firms I've worked with. They listened to me, paid attention and came to be an extension of my own team, which is how any marketing firm should work. Many of them handle many clients, though, and never come to understand any specific client's goals. Incitrio was fully accessible to me and incredibly easy to work with.

Is there anything Incitrio could have improved or done differently?

As a non-profit, our number one goal was fundraising. It was very hard to find a firm with fundraising expertise, which was able to include this into marketing and public relations tactics. This was the only reason for ultimately switching firms: we needed a bit more expertise in the fundraising and crowdfunding space. If that hadn't been the case, I would have stayed with Incitrio.

Social Media Marketing for Health Care Provider

"They [Incitrio] understand creative print and branding, but are also very knowledgeable about digital marketing, social media, and marketing metrics."

Oct. 2013 - Ongoing

With the goal of optimizing their online presence, the client hired Incitrio for social media and digital marketing consultation.

San Diego Bay Area
Director of Marketing, Health Care Provider

Incitrio provided excellent education for the client that proved invaluable in their online success. Since working with the agency, the client has vastly improved their social media presence and earned increased engagement.

We are a health care provider.

What’s your role?

I am the vice president of marketing and communications.

What was your goal in working with Incitrio?

We came to them for information. We needed to understand the use of social media and the use of digital marketing. We also needed improvements in the content of our website and help in understanding marketing metrics for our marketing campaigns so that we could determine the return on investment.

They educated us on how to set up social media from the health care provider’s side, how to make content improvements to our website, how to get on Twitter and Tumblr and how to use metrics systems, such as Mongoose Metrics or CallRail. Essentially, they provided consulting on all aspects of our marketing programs.

What was the process that went into selecting Incitrio? How did you find them, and why did you pick them?

When I first started working with my company, I had only three people on my staff, and none of them had any digital marketing experience. I had known one of the principles at Incitrio for some time, and she has a very good reputation. I heard her first speak at a meeting for Athena about five years ago. Her presentation was excellent. Then, I got to know her because I had some clients of my own. I talked to her about her services, got to know her better, and referred people to her.

We’ve spent something like $3,500 a month for six to nine months working with Incitrio.

When did you start working with Incitrio?

I think we started working with Incitrio in October 2013, and we still engage them on occasion. I now have a staff that’s digital marketing savvy, so that’s why we don’t need their services anymore. But, we definitely could not have made it through the first year without them.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

The information and education that they provided helped us accelerate our success. They educated us and got us to understand the benefits of digital marketing and how it can help us measure what we’re doing, in terms of clicks, impressions, and other key performance indicators. They showed us how we could use all of that. So, we now have robust monthly metrics as a result of the work they helped us with. We have improved our social media platforms greatly. We’ve improved engagement. Incitrio got us started. We couldn’t have got there without them.

What is the one unique aspect about Incitrio that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

They understand creative print and branding, but are also very knowledgeable about digital marketing, social media, and marketing metrics. That knowledge on top of their foundational knowledge makes them very helpful.

Also, the individual I’ve primarily worked with at Incitrio is very current with latest trends and is extremely active in the community, both giving and attending presentations on the technology. She is also an educator and teaches at various local universities and colleges, so she is able to surround herself at Incitrio with a great staff of young people who really know digital marketing.

Web Design for Systems Management Company

"Their understanding of the technical details of websites and digital marketing combined with strong creative talent really made them stand out."

The client hired Incitrio for the task of providing web design and development services as they completely redesigned and migrated their previous HTML site.

San Diego Bay Area
Marketing Manager, Systems Management Company

Incitrio produced excellent work for the client and proved to be an invaluable partner. The agency is praised for their technical expertise and creativity in the realm of digital marketing. Incitrio is highly recommended to others.

Please describe your company.

The company I worked for provides cloud and data center services.

What were your role and responsibilities?

When I worked there, I was director of marketing. I am no longer with the company.

What was your goal for working with Incitrio?

We needed Incitrio to do a complete website redesign. We had an HTML site, and we had to move it to something we could manage more easily.

Their assignment was to design and develop a new website.

What was your process in selecting Incitrio with which to work?

We found Incitrio primarily through networking. I knew them through a presentation they once did and one of our executives knew them from a former company.

We spent about $20,000 working with Incitrio.

Do you have any statistics, metrics, or general feedback from the project?

Since completing the Web redesign, they did a lot of additional work for us. The redesign was just a start. In general, I enjoyed working with them because they all are bright and did a good job. I knew what their focus was and what made sense for them to do or not do. We did get into some projects that didn’t go as well as others, but I liked working with the team from Incitrio.

Is there anything unique about Incitrio that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

Their understanding of the technical details of websites and digital marketing combined with strong creative talent really made them stand out. Most agencies seem to have strength in one area or the other but not in both; they had both.

I think it’s important for Incitrio to continue to communicate well with their customers because if the customer doesn’t understand the specs then nothing will go right.

Silver