Web & Mobile App Development

We are a London-based programming agency comprised of top graduates and teachers from the world's number one coding bootcamp Le Wagon. We specialise in exploring, ideating, designing and developing MVPs using Le Wagon's tried and tested product development workflow. We produce a diverse range of digital products from websites and native apps, to e-commerce sites, static pages, APIs and custom content management systems.

Our core ethos is grounded in the idea that the seperation between the customer and the developer should be minimized. All our developers are friendly, sociable and engaging, allowing our customers to talk directly to those who are actually building their products. It is our belief that this leaves less room for misinterpretation and gives you, the client, a direct feed into the development process. As we are all teachers too we are used to explaining the world of code to those who are new to it, so for those who want to build their first MVP and simultaneously understand how it all works we are well suited to serve your needs.

Website Redesign for SaaS Provider

"They’re incredibly willing to iterate on the output."

Jan. 2019

Hoxton Digital build several web pages from scratch, in addition to redesigning existing ones.

Carsten Schaltz
Co-Founder, Stotles

Marketing campaigns have displayed stronger responses rates and delivered better results thanks to Hoxton Digital’s work. Their openness to changes and commitment to client satisfaction are particularly noteworthy. Customers can expect a tight collaboration.

I’m a co-founder of Stotles. We provide SaaS solutions to companies that serve governments to help them find, understand, and win business opportunities.

For what projects/services did your company hire Hoxton Digital?

We needed to redesign and build some of the key pages on our website.

We wanted a quick, high-quality product and professional web content.

We found them via a professional connection.

They built all our changed pages and helped to fine-tune our design.

Gonzalo (Partner, Hoxton Digital) and one other resource are our key points of contact.

Our recent marketing campaigns have seen significant traction and an improvement in response rate compared to our previous efforts.

They work with us closely via Slack and phone calls.

They’re incredibly willing to iterate on the output. We went through multiple loops with them and they made minor changes throughout. They were quite invested in making sure we ended up with exactly the finished product we were looking for.

We came to them with a pre-baked design, and they executed on it perfectly. If they had any design tips/tricks that we missed and could have incorporated, it would have been amazing to hear them.

Overall Score They did an excellent job.
    No issues.
    It's the best we've encountered.
    Exactly what we asked for.

Development for a Construction Industry App

"Hoxton Digital is so passionate about the work. They really believe in my idea."

Dec. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Using Ruby on Rails, Hoxton Digital is developing a web application platform for the construction industry. It primarily serves a knowledge dissemination function and also contains an event component.

Jasmine Ang
Owner, BuildSG

The MVP of the platform has been well-received. Hoxton Digital corrects bugs quickly and responds equally as promptly to other concerns. Frequent communication is a hallmark of their work. The team also offers useful tactical advice that is subsequently implemented.

I'm the owner of a company that has a knowledge dissemination platform for the built environment and construction industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hoxton Digital?

I needed an external resource to actually build my platform and make it live.

Hoxton Digital helped me create my entire web application platform. I gave them mockups and a wireframe and they built it in Ruby on Rails. I had a session with them to discuss how it should flow. I don't have any knowledge or prior experience in platform development, so they advise me on what can and cannot be done. They also give me recommendations on how it can be more effective. We negotiated a contract on what deliverables and key items they had to fulfill, including an event component. They continue to work on the refinement of the platform.

Leonard (director, Hoxton Digital) is my main point of contact. He’s in charge of brainstorming as well as managing and delegating tasks. The rest of the team consists of two frontend and two backend developers.

How did you come to work with Hoxton Digital?

They came to me through a recommendation.

I’ve spent $13,000–$14,000.

Work started in December 2018, and the platform was done by end of January 2019.

I literally had nothing before working with Hoxton Digital. They started from scratch. Even though it's currently live, what they created for me is essentially an MVP. I expect to continue this project with them in the future.

How did Hoxton Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Every time there was an issue, they respond quickly to rectify it. Currently, there are no problems with the platform. Their team is so efficient, which is really helpful because I had to hit timelines from my investors. There was a key date that I had to meet and Hoxton Digital helped me meet it. We talk by phone for things that are urgent. We use email for anything that needs more description or detail. We also have face-to-face meetings on occasion.

Hoxton Digital is so passionate about the work. They really believe in my idea. That puts them in a good place to give me solid recommendations. They always give me alternatives and even flag cheaper options.

No, not really. I'm very satisfied with their service.

It's important to first know what you want. Scoping the project properly makes everything a lot easier. Hoxton Digital will be able to do everything else for you.

I’d definitely recommend them.

Development for Sports Team Management App

"Hoxton Digital thinks about the challenges we wish to solve and brainstorms new ideas to improve on ours."

Sept. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Hoxton Digital helped develop and design an iOS and Android app, including the architecture, backend database, and UX. They continue to provide support for tweaks and updates.

Dan Bunce
Co-Founder, DOWN TO PLAY

User feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with no significant bugs to speak of. Hoxton Digital's responsiveness and ability to produce implementable, on-time deliverables are hallmarks of their work. They also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I’m co-founder of a startup company. Our focal product is a mobile application for amateur sports. It allows sports teams to simplify the selection of available players for upcoming fixtures and trainings.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hoxton Digital?

We were challenged by the task of developing the app from scratch.

Hoxton Digital provides end-to-end app development for us all the way from design and planning through to execution and development. For the beta version of the app, they supported the design of the architecture, the backend database, the UX, and the look and feel of the app itself.

We put the beta out as a pilot and Hoxton Digital supported testing. Next they provided development of the full version, which we launched at the beginning of this year. The app is for both iOS and Android. They work with Apple and Google to get the app launched officially in the App Store and Play Store. They continue to provide background support for smaller evolutions of the app by helping to fix minor bugs or making tweaks.

Leonard (company director, Hoxton Digital) is our main point of contact. He does full stack development along with client engagement. We also worked with a frontend specialist and a backend specialist.

How did you come to work with Hoxton Digital?

We were exploring our options to develop the app. Through our contacts, we knew a guy who taught at a coding school where Hoxton Digital works in partnership. A friend of a friend introduced us and we decided to work together.

We’ve spent between $10,000–$50,000.

We entered into the agreement in September 2018 and launched the app in January 2019.

We haven't had any issues in terms of in terms of usage, uptake, or adoption of the app. Hoxton Digital places a keen eye on every aspect of the project. We continue to grow and I think it's due to the quality of their work. We continually hear how brilliant the app is through our social media channels. We also have a feedback loop from the amateur sports groups. We probably receive 1–2 pieces of formal feedback each week and it's all been positive. They let us know how great the app is and how it's made managers’ and coaches’ lives easier. Any recommendation that we receive is more of a small improvement or tweak. We’ve never had a report that the app doesn’t work or that some piece is broken.

How did Hoxton Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is open and honest in terms of establishing a reasonable time frame. They also make strategic recommendations as to how we should consider the obstacles and opportunities of the user journey. They're more than merely a service provider. Hoxton Digital thinks about the challenges we wish to solve and brainstorms new ideas to improve on ours. We use email and they invited us to their private Slack group during the main development phase of the project.

They have the ability to understand the challenge with our entire solution. Hoxton Digital firmly grasps what we're trying to achieve beyond a piece of technology. Based on that understanding, they’re able to recommend meaningful changes at the strategic and tactical levels.

Nothing springs immediately to mind. I know that they're an expanding company. As they grow, I’d urge them to ensure they hire the best quality candidates. Their current team is curious and inquisitive, so they should continue to build the team with those traits in mind.

Be brave, open, and willing to share everything with them. Don't hold anything back, whether it’s what keeps you up at night or the aspects that you want most strongly to come through in the execution. The best of them is achieved when they're exposed to the negatives and the positives that's affecting your business.

Web Dev & Design for a Construction Company

“The website they developed streamlined internal processes and helped attract more clients.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Hoxton designed and developed a website, an ERP platform, and custom forms for inventory management that they continue to support and maintain.

Colombia
Andrew Williams
CFO, Servicios de Dragado y Construcciones

Hoxton developed a robust website and platform that's significantly improved business operations, attracting new clientele in the process. They're also very proactive about meeting deadlines and communicating, applying their expertise to improve product outcomes where possible.

I'm the CFO at Servicios de Dragado y Construcciones in Columbia.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hoxton Digital?

We reached out to Hoxton to design and develop our website and provide some documentation solutions for managing our inventory.

Hoxton designed and developed a website and created an ERP platform. We provided them with the necessary text, images, and video content, and they provided full development of the frontend and backend. The website included a login for clients and employees, allowing them to submit payments and view invoices, history, and the progress of operations. They also developed custom forms for managing our inventory and spare parts.

I work directly with Gonzalo (Partner, Hoton Digital), who manages other developers and designers on our account.

How did you come to work with Hoxton Digital?

I've known Gonzalo for many years, so when we needed a web developer, I decided to reach out to him.

We've invested around $70,000 thus far.

We've been working together since September 2018.

The website they developed streamlined internal processes and helped attract more clients. We've received a lot of positive feedback from customers that the site is user-friendly and well-organized.

How did Hoxton Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well, meeting all our deadlines and staying in constant communication with us throughout the process. In addition to weekly calls, we email their team regularly as needed.

Their solutions-based, hands-on approach sets them apart. They've taken all aspects of our organization into account and helped mentor us through the process, showing areas we can improve to optimize our website and systems. They're also very knowledgeable in their field and skilled in the latest technologies.

As a young organization, they lacked some insight into exactly what our company does in the beginning, so they could be more proactive about reaching out to us to learn more.

Their prices are more competitive than any other vendors we considered.