People. Innovation. Quality.

We have been providing software development services for over 14 years to many SMEs as well as blue-chip clients

We have built all sorts of bespoke software, from dynamic websites to complex web-based or mobile applications, for organisations such as:

• FIFA
  • Nestlé Purina (pet foods brand)
  • Smiley (the happiest brand ever)
  • The William Pears Group (one of the UK’s largest property companies)
  • Hospice UK (formerly known as Help the Hospices, the UK’s leading charity for hospice care)
  • Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (industry body)
  • Prepay Solutions (European leader in pre-paid cards and services)
  • At Your Service Group (provider of waiting staff and services at major events)
  • Research Institute for Consumer Affairs (national charity)
  • Good Hotel Guide (independent publisher of hotel advice)
  • JC Decaux (leading outdoor advertising company)
  • BBC Haymarket (magazines, exhibitions and events)
  • …and many more.

We were recently awarded funding by Innovate UK for our part in a project involving South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Teesside University.

We are part of the Mayor’s International Business Programme which helps the fastest growing tech companies to break into international markets and as such have access to some fantastic help and resources.

We are a member of The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists, the 100th livery company of the City of London, combining centuries-old tradition with a modern focus, energy and innovation.

2004
  • Katowice
    Poland

The William Pears Group Hamways The Method Talistar Four04 Packaging Crabtree Property Group Tycoon Gaming FIFA  Nestlé Purina (pet foods brand)

Real estate mobile game

Property Magnate is an up and coming mobile real estate game, available on both iOS and Android, that has been designed to emulate as closely as possible the real world of property development in the UK.

Read the full case study

We created

Property Magnate which offers for sale over 30 million cyber versions of real properties available in the UK. Using data from Zoopla, which gathers information such as house prices and area trends, as well as property pictures, we were able to build a powerful app which enables players to buy properties at a pre-set price and provides them with a lifelike experience.

Immersive app for global pharma companies

Hundreds of product and sales professionals at some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies are increasing their patient focus, thanks to a ground-breaking medical app developed by our team.

Read full case study

A Life in A Day is a unique and totally immersive experience that measurably

increases empathy and awareness for participants — because it enables them to feel what patients are going through every day. Mark Doyle, Director, The Method

What you have done brilliantly is take the idea of someone that has no technical knowledge and create something that not only brings my vision to life more intelligently than I was able to articulate, but that anyone can programme, update and use without any technical skill. You have built something that can be manipulated in all sorts of complex ways, in real time by anyone – and I don’t imagine there is much out there that does that…

Mark Doyle, Director, The Method

Smiley World Salesforce and Smartsheet

We created a server application which works in the background, requiring no action on the part of the Smiley World staff. Read the full case study

Smiley World (the owner of the Smiley brand) use a number of different systems to track the worldwide use of their brand and to manage

the royalties generated. Two of those systems are the Salesforce CRM and an online project management and spreadsheet system called Smartsheet and these systems contain a large amount of common information. The staff of Smiley World were updating different parts of these systems on a daily basis and so needed a way to avoid both duplication of effort and errors caused by data being entered slightly differently in each system.

Custom Operations Platform Dev for Packaging Firm

"I would not hesitate to recommend HeadChannel to any other business."

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

HeadChannel designed a new order processing system from scratch and continue to develop it in stages with the view to eventually cover all administration aspects of the business.

Anne Harrison
Operations Director, Four04 Packaging

As a direct result of HeadChannel’s contributions, the company has managed to cope with rapid and substantial growth. The team is very reactive, knowledgeable, intelligent, and polite. Their ability to read between the lines and proactively offer solutions sets them apart from other service providers.

I am the operations director at Four04 Packaging. We are a manufacturing business in the flexible packaging industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with HeadChannel?

We were in desperate need of an update to our order processing system and more importantly a stock management system, which we did not have at all.

They completed a brand-new system for us.

The first and second stage of the project is complete and we are now on the third stage. We have an on-going SLA with HeadChannel, which covers bugs and changes and general maintenance. This also hosts the web-based system for us.

It varies, but up to around six people at any one time.

How did you come to work with HeadChannel?

We initially began the project with another company, but we very quickly concluded that they were not up to the job. It transpired that the business was a one-man band—a project manager with very little experience who contracted external programmers. It was this company, which introduced us to HeadChannel.

We have spent around $450,000 with them to date.

We began working with them around August 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

The system HeadChannel have created for us has enabled us to keep control of our rapidly expanding business. At the time we started the project, we were turning over around £10 million-pound, now we are over £20 million and the system has without a doubt, enabled us to manage this growth.

How did HeadChannel perform from a project management standpoint?

In the early days, I struggled to work with our assigned contact, which resulted in inefficiencies and gross underestimation in terms of the cost and timescale of the project. However, this was more or less solely attributable to one member of staff who no longer works for HeadChannel. Once we had someone else on the project, all has gone very well indeed.

For further explanation, the person originally assigned to us met with me to ascertain the scope of the project. Once he had heard so much, he insisted on starting the development before understanding the full scope of the project. I suggested that he needed to understand all of our needs, to avoid the possibility of developing a system to suit one aspect, which might then not be appropriate for another.  He insisted his ‘staged fact-finding and development’ approach was best and I allowed him to take control.  Unfortunately, I was right and as previously stated, time was wasted and costs escalated.  However, a meeting with HeadChannel regarding the situation was constructive and a mutually satisfactory way forward was easily reached.

The project manager ensured we have what we need, in terms of updates on both the project and the budget, she took on board my request to keep the dialogue and written correspondence concise and is always very quick to respond to requests and questions. She has also looked into other business solutions for us such as key fob access, barcoded warehouse management systems and introduced us to a very useful online tool (Jira Service Desk) to manage the many tasks we ask of them.

There is no comparison to the provider we had before. HeadChannel’s experience and knowledge is unmatched to any IT company I have previously dealt with.  I am very happy with the service they provide.

I had previously worked for a large PLC who had their own/in-house IT department. I can honestly say that working with HeadChannel has been better.  I have found them l to be very reactive but also proactive, they are accommodating, intelligent and polite.

I would advise then to tell clients from the outset that the team are not UK based, whilst assuring this would not in any way be detrimental to the project.

I was a little annoyed initially by the fact that they did not made it clear that their programmers and business analysts were working out of Poland. When we took them on, we met them in the UK, and we assumed that they were located in London and they didn’t tell us otherwise. I let them know I thought it would have been proper and more appropriate to highlight the team’s geographically location.  My fear was that they would not be able to respond as quickly as a UK based team and would not be on hand if I needed a face-to-face meeting. However, I need not have been concerned; they have flown to us whenever needed, sometimes at the drop of a hat.

Clients know their business the best and they need to provide as much information as humanly possible before any work commences.

I would not hesitate to recommend HeadChannel to any other business.

Staff Augmentation for a Software Platform

"We’ve been in a partnership with HeadChannel for ten years, and I don’t see that changing."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Apr. 2009 - Ongoing

HeadChannel performed staff augmentation services by providing an outsourced development team. They were tasked with building a workforce platform. Key technologies included a SQL database and ASP.NET 5.

Director, Software Platform

HeadChannel’s quality services led to a lasting and successful partnership. Their commitment makes them stand out from other similar providers. They take on any challenge, consistently delivering. Customers can expect a transparent and skilled team.

I’m a director at a software platform provider for a workforce management solution.

What challenge were you trying to address with HeadChannel?

We needed to outsource a development team.

We outsourced a development team to build our system. The platform is a B2B system for companies to manage their workforce in the Cloud. There have already been three previous versions–their team, along with maintaining the entire platform, designed Version 4 and now Version 5. We’ve used a SQL database and an ASP.NET 5 framework for development. Now, we’re moving to a Core database.

It varies on the month. With an assigned project manager, we’ve worked with between six to 20 members of their team.

How did you come to work with HeadChannel?

After putting the project out there, they were one of the team companies we selected. When we whittled it down to the final three, their team had the best all-around proposal.

We’ve spent €5 million (approximately $6.3 million USD).

We started engaging with HeadChannel in April 2009, and the services are ongoing.

I have between five to 20 people working for me a month. We’re focused on what we’re delivering as a team rather than what the success ratio is. We can look at the number of bugs in a version that they developed and things like that. But as it’s our platform, it’s a slightly more symbiotic relationship. Everything has been well-received internally. They do deliver all that we ask.

How did HeadChannel perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management style is good. It’s quite a complicated project, so there are some challenges.

We’ve been in a partnership with HeadChannel for ten years, and I don’t see that changing. They’re committed, taking ownership to have a successful delivery. Their team is great at project managing. With any business, there can be challenging bits, such as testing. HeadChannel is always willing and able to scale the team up and down. For example, we have a three-month up and down lead time for scaling the team, which they haven’t failed to deliver. It’s different than other engagements. It’s not only one project, like building a pencil. It’s like they’re maintaining my car and keeping it on the road.

There’s always room for improvement on both sides. But I think most people have to look at what they can learn. If there’s a willingness to learn, hopefully, the same mistake won’t happen twice.

Clients should make sure they’re clear in their requirements. As a project manager and platform owner, I think clarity helps stop any confusion.

I would recommend them.

Application Development to Mimic Various Diseases

“They’ve given me the tool I needed to grow my business, and the app has received great feedback.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

HeadChannel developed an app, building off an older version and extending its functionalities. They created a customizable template to expand its uses and are currently working on a new version of the app.

Mark Doyle
Owner, The Method

HeadChannel has good communication and works hard to meet project goals. They missed quite a few deadlines, but they were able to deliver what was needed to the end client. They provide helpful and insightful feedback that has improved the product and made it even better than the original vision.

I'm the owner of The Method, a company that provides innovative immersive learning solutions to businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with HeadChannel?

We’d developed an immersive patient experience program for a pharmaceutical client that was designed to enable people working in healthcare to get a better understanding of what it’s like to be a patient. People use the app, which assigns them a disease and interactive challenges that reflect the types of difficulties patients with that disease might have. The program was a success, but the app was not very flexible or easy to update. We wanted to be able to deliver multiple disease experiences through the app, so we began looking for a partner who could redesign the app for that purpose.

HeadChannel took the original concept and created a single app that enables us to populate it with multiple disease types without having to remake it from scratch each time. They created a template for the disease types and also made the backend admin system simple enough for us to run without having to hire a technical person to manage it. The app is solely designed for smartphones and is available in the App Store and Google Play. HeadChannel is currently working on a new version.

We mainly interact with the senior project manager, who acts as the interface between us and the technical team.

How did you come to work with HeadChannel?

Someone in my company had worked with them before and recommended them. I met with four organizations, and HeadChannel seemed the most excited and willing to work on the project. Their price was in the middle, and they had the capabilities we needed, so I hired them.

We’ve spent £160,000 (approximately $202,000 USD).

We partnered in April 2018, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve done exactly what we needed, which is to create a simple to use template that can be adapted for multiple programs by non-technical personnel. They’ve given me the tool I needed to grow my business, and the app has received great feedback. It has about a 4.3 average with around 1,000 users.

How did HeadChannel perform from a project management standpoint?

They ensure they fully understand my needs before starting on anything, providing suggestions and feedback to make the product as good as possible. They have strong communication, and we mainly talk via Skype.

They took my vision and translated it into something that exceeded my expectation. They found new and exciting ways to improve it and clearly explained their plans in a way I could understand, even though I have no technical knowledge. Despite its complexity, they have managed to create something that anyone in my organization can update and use with minimal training, which was exactly what I needed.

We missed some deadlines, but they worked incredibly hard to always ensure our clients were unaffected.

Allow them to take all the time they need in the beginning to do their business analysis–you will get the best results this way.

We missed deadlines.
    There were a few glitches.

Development for a Real Estate Game

“I think they certainly had a personal touch; they don’t just treat you like another project in the office.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

HeadChannel designed and developed an interactive virtual reality property investment and trading mobile application. The app is iOS/Android accessible, and uses the Zoopla database.

Rayne, United Kingdom
David Harding
Director, Property Magnate

The team is invested in the app and brings an enthusiastic spirit to the project. Their project management skills are stellar, and they thoroughly review their work to make sure it's correct.

I’m the director of a company that was set up to develop and run an app game based in virtual reality, property investment, and property trading.

What challenge were you trying to address with HeadChannel?

We needed a partner to develop our app.

HeadChannel built our iOS and Android app from the ground up. Overall, it’s an interactive virtual reality property investment and trading game. The app uses the Zoopla database, and it’s a real-life gaming experience. I explained what we were after in creating the app, and how everything needed to work. From there, all of the development work was down to them.

In the app, gamers get credits and combine sold property throughout the UK. From there, they’re able to build their portfolios as a league table, and there are regular competitions for who’s building the portfolio the fastest.

I work with five members of their team, including a project manager.

How did you come to work with HeadChannel?

I Googled two companies that were close to my London Office. I chose HeadChannel because they had experience in the property management sector. I figured they would understand what I was looking to do better than most, which they did.

I’ve invested £200,000 (approximately $250,000 USD).

We began working together in February 2017, and our engagement is ongoing.

The app is well received by my internal team thus far, and we’ve had no complaints. There was a complete personal buy-in on their team, and they really pushed the app forward on their own.

How did HeadChannel perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed perfectly from a project management standpoint. They’re good about closely monitoring their own work.

What did you find most impressive about them

No, I can’t think of anything that could’ve been better.

My advice is to just go for it.