Clarity. Build. Grow.

GoingClear Interactive was founded in 2001 on the principle of being the clearest way to the web for companies going online developing & enhancing their web presence.  Our focus is designing engaging interactive website properties supported by a stable and scalable framework so that as your business continues to evolve, your website will be flexible enough to do the same.

In addition to our core web design & development services, we provide complete website solutions ranging from your initial branding and website strategy to web hosting & domain registration to aggressive post launch marketing activities such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Managed PPC and other Internet marketing activities.

Today, years later, we have added award-winning designs to our portfolio, been featured in many publications, increased our technical base, built a superb team of web professionals from design and development to Internet marketing while continually focusing on driving demand and enhancing campaign effectiveness with each and every project we work on.

Mission = To develop effective Internet Strategies & Web Properties that delivers results based on our clients’ vision and goals.

Design

We design high-end user-friendly engaging website interfaces that preserve company image and enhance user interaction by creative call to actions (CTA).

Development

We develop powerful Internet applications that are scalable and reliable using open source technology and or simple Content Management Systems.

Promotion

After your successful web presence has been developed – we can then drive relevant traffic to your new web property via Internet Marketing.

2001
Boston, MA
  • GoingClear Interactive
    175 William F. McClellan Highway
    Boston, MA 02128
    617.649.7200

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing, Sal's Pizza, Massachusetts Port Authority, SAP, Harvard University, EMD Serono, J Derenzo & Co, OrganicRestaurants.com, and many more...

WordPress Web Designs, SEO, & Hosting for Entrepreneur

"They have good design, good project management, and good follow up.”

2003 - Ongoing

GoingClear Interactive has a long-term collaboration with an entertainment group, working on a variety of web design, SEO, and hosting projects.

11- 50 Employees

CEO, PP Entertainment Group

After taking time to carefully understand a project’s requirements, their designer and developers diligently ensure the product meets expectations. They are dedicated, professional, and manage projects effectively from start to finish, working hard to provide useful feedback and ideas.

I’m the CEO of PP Entertainment Group.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoingClear Interactive?

We needed help with WordPress web design, SEO, and hosting for our businesses.

Over the last 10 to 12 years, we’ve had a significant relationship with them. They’ve done everything from SEO, website design, work on hosting issues, or anything similar. They do timely updates, train my staff on how to make updates themselves, and in general, have worked in multiple capacities.

They are currently working on a website for a wedding venue. I reached out to them with my expectations, and they replied with a very thorough proposal. We reviewed the proposal to make sure that my expectations were fully understood. At that point, their designer approved the design for the developer, who took the flat images and designs, then begun to bring them to life with functionality.

I work with their founder, as well as a designer and a developer. Part of my reason for staying with them is that they have consciously kept the same team for my projects over the years, and it has been nice to have familiarity with the team.

Also, their designer is tremendous, patient, and very creative. He adds a lot of thoughtful insights.

I have spent between $100,000–$250,000 over the years.

We began working with them in 2003 and the work is ongoing.

We command the marketplace for our Artificial Ice Events. The website is slick, with video on it. They can assist with video, photography, photo editing, logo creation, and have done all of those things for us as well. We had our highest grossing ice season this year, and the site launched last fall.

How did GoingClear Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management perspective, they perform great. They are very organized, detailed, and thorough, with a strong follow up. I always require lots of changes and they appease and accommodate me very well. I never get the feeling I am irritating them.

Over the course of a project, we can communicate daily. Like any project, it can get more intense at certain parts and slower at others. When we are in peak progress, we can go back and forth 5–10 times a day. They’re very timely in their response anytime I email them.

With three businesses, I typically don’t take time out to give reviews, but I felt compelled given the service they have provided me with.

They deliver. There are so many businesses that do a horrible job and I wonder how they stay in business. The best thing about GoingClear is that they deliver my vision for what a good web company should be. They have good design, good project management, and good follow up. They have a positive attitude and provide insightful feedback. I think of them as the full package. It is refreshing to work with a business that is truly good at doing what they can do, not only from a technical and executing standpoint but also from the customer service side.

They also remain very patient, very responsive, and have a can-do attitude, which is one of the main reasons I keep coming back to them.

Not at the moment. I would just tell them to keep on doing what they are doing.

When a project starts, try to save websites you’ve seen that you like and really hone in on the styles, fonts, colors, and map. When you truly know the end vision of what you want, you can communicate that more effectively and end up with a better product.

Things can change and when they do, they are quick to send updates, which is a courtesy I appreciate.
    Website development costs a lot, but I am always satisfied. After seeing the results, I can put a value on a custom product that is well done.
    They provide good quality service. They’re responsive with calls, attentive to emails and requests, and deliver a good product in the end.

WordPress Site for Candy Shop Nonprofit

"They do a really good job at making things user-friendly, and that’s huge for me."

June - Dec. 2016

GoingClear Interactive designed a polished and on-brand WordPress website to replace a dated version. Key features include custom order processing and nationwide shipping capabilities.

Franklin, Massachusetts
Courtney Nappa
Owner, Sugar Shoppe

GoingClear Interactive prioritized user-friendly design, but they also made sure to listen carefully to deliver not just any website, but a website that fit every specific desire. They successfully employed project management software to keep the process running smoothly.

I am the owner of Sugar Shoppe, which is a candy shop. We do party favors, events, and we raise money for charity. It’s a little, cute candy shop with fudge, chocolate truffles, and self-serve bins for the candy. People come in and can make their own bags. It’s like an old-fashion candy shop with a modern flair, and the net proceeds go to a charity my husband and I started a few years back.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoingClear Interactive?

We wanted a better, more professional looking website. I had done our website myself, but we really wanted it to be sleek, professional, colorful, and fun.

They built our new customer-facing website and they launched an all-inclusive e-commerce platform. We can now ship candy gifts across the country. The previous site was built through GoDaddy, and the new site is on WordPress. We gave them all the copy from the existing website and showed them other websites we wanted our site to look like. They took that input and came up with their own design. It came out amazing. I mainly dealt with three or four people working on the project, but I don’t know if there were more behind the scenes.

A visitor can select from two different areas; they can either make a custom candy creation or select from pre-made packages. In the custom area, they can choose one, three, or six candy options, and that’s followed with an option for a colored ribbon to tie up the package. They can leave a message for their recipient, and then they process through the checkout and it gets shipped.

How did you come to work with GoingClear Interactive?

I reviewed their portfolio, and I liked their style. I got quotes from three agencies, and they were the best. They definitely offered me an expensive-looking website for a price that I could afford.

The project ran from June to December of 2016. We didn’t do much with the site right away because we weren’t ready, so it didn’t launch until March of 2017. Although the work is pretty much completed, I still go to them with questions when I have them.

There’s no doubt that, when you go to our website now, it’s clean, professional, and organized. That definitely doesn’t hurt your business. Overall, they just did an excellent job of making it look the way I wanted. They listened to what I said and incorporated that into the website.

I use Facebook a lot for business, so I’m not big into checking the website at this time. We’re very small right now. When we’re ready to push the online shopping part of it, I’ll be more into tracking the traffic and such. Right now, people can order on the site, but we’re not fully ready to get an influx at this point.

How did GoingClear Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. We used Basecamp, which is really easy. Everything would come to my email. When I responded, they would get right back to me. It was very organized.

What did you find most impressive about GoingClear Interactive?

When I was looking at their portfolio of previous work, all their websites are very clean and crisp. They do a really good job at making things user-friendly, and that’s huge for me. That was a big selling point.

Are there any areas GoingClear Interactive could improve?

I don’t have anything negative to say. There’s just a lot of information that goes back and forth.

Web Design for Community Health Center

"They [GoingClear] jazzed the site up a little bit, which was great, and they met our expectations."

GoingClear Interactive assisted a healthcare non-profit with the design of their website while focusing on search engine optimization, mobile-friendliness, and ease of access.

Dorchester, Massachusetts
Michael Rezkalla
Operations Manager, Upham's Corner Health Center

GoingClear Interactive contributed to an organized, highly accessible website that received enthusiastic feedback from its users. The agency earned praise for their flexible scheduling, professionalism, and creative designs. They were always willing to offer advice and explanations.

I work for Upham's Corner Health Center. We are a non-profit, federally qualified community health center in the Dorchester area of Boston, Massachusetts.

What is your role in your organization?

I am the operations manager.

What was your goal in working with GoingClear Interactive?

We had a company that showed an interest in redesigning our old website for free. They came up with the design and everything but, at some point, the project fell between the cracks. We tried to get them to finalize the design and go live with it, but they wouldn't get back to us. We kept emailing and calling, and nobody would respond. We took that draft and went to GoingClear. They took it, came up with a similar design, and implemented it.

Primarily their work involved Web design services. I think some of the features they integrated in the design would help us with SEO [search engine optimization] and with ease of access. They added the one-touch dial on the top header of the page that would allow people to call us, so they don't have to search around to get the phone number. Since a lot of the younger generation are using their phones to access the Web, they also tweaked our site to make it mobile-friendly. The features they implemented are definitely helping with search optimization and making our website more mobile-friendly.

What was your process in selecting GoingClear Interactive?

I contacted a few companies after the previous project failed. One of them said they would do it for a certain amount of money. When I asked them what kind of photos, they would add and, if they would add stock photos, they said, "For that much money, you want us to add stock photos? We'll pass on that," and they hung up.

I was kind of agitated, so I went back online, and I started looking again. I found GoingClear and spoke to the owner. He was very polite and very welcoming. Because we are a nonprofit, I first asked him if he could do the project pro bono. When he said that was not possible, he offered to give us the junior business package, the big package for the small package price, which was nice. He was welcoming, and that's how we went about finding GoingClear.

Can you give a sense of the cost of the initiative?

We've spent a little less than $1,500 working with GoingClear.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed last month [May 2015], but it was put on hold because I had to travel for a few weeks.

What were the results of the project?

GoingClear provided prompt responses, ideas, and creativity. They provided ways to save a little bit of money and they were affordable. They provided training and advice on how to edit the website ourselves. Overall, we're satisfied.

The design of the website turned out great. I think people like it. It looks modern. The website we had previously was old-fashioned, very basic, even though it was loaded with all kinds of information. But, the ease of access wasn't there, the creativity wasn't there. It was an out-of-the-box type of thing. It didn't look that great and was very outdated.

The additional ideas that they implemented included adding the photo slider, the one-touch dial, the Google map, and the donation tab on the top of the page. A lot of the things that they implemented made the website more appealing to young people, who make up the majority of our population. GoingClear Interactive made the website appealing and gave it a modern look. All of this was especially important to us now that other community health centers like ours have nice looking websites that are appealing to people and easy to access. We're very satisfied.

What differentiates GoingClear Interactive from other agencies?

I would have to say flexibility. They were always willing to go back and make changes while, at the same time, providing advice. Whether we took their advice or not, they still provided it. They never said that we had to do something. They only proposed ideas for us to consider. I think flexibility is one of the key things we experienced in working with GoingClear.

I don't think so. The new design that they produced was in harmony with what we had asked them to do. They jazzed the site up a little bit, which was great, and they met our expectations.

Web Design for Communications Company

"They’re very cooperative and down to earth. What I like the best is that I could reach out to anyone at any time."

May 2014 - Feb. 2015

An IT company partnered with GoingClear Interactive for the purpose of redesigning their entire website and making it more mobile-friendly, which required both training and support.

Norwood, Massachusetts
VP of Marketing, Communications Company

GoingClear Interactive contributed to a successful project and a significantly improved website. The agency particularly impressed with their highly collaborative nature, friendly communication, and quick response times.

Please describe your company.

We do structured cabling, integrated security, and IT [information technology] infrastructure for both the private and public sector. We’re located in Massachusetts.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the marketing manager.

What was your goal in working with GoingClear Interactive?

Our website was a little out of date and needed to spruce it up a bit. We also needed to incorporate a few different areas that the company had grown into that were not on the old website. We also needed a mobile friendly website, which we did not have at the time.

GoingClear worked with me directly, and we pretty much redesigned the whole website from scratch. They also provided training and support.

What was your process in selecting GoingClear Interactive with which to work?

GoingClear was the fourth or fifth company we had interviewed. We found them through a Google search of Web design companies in the Boston area. They had good reviews and were reasonably priced. They showed some of their past work on their website, and it looked good. That’s how we decided to pick them. When we talked with them, they were nice and they had everything put together. We were very impressed with them.

We’ve spent somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000 working with GoingClear.

What is the status of the project?

The project is complete. We started working on the project in May of 2014 and launched in February of this year.

Is there anything unique about GoingClear Interactive that really makes them stand out compared to other companies?

They’re very cooperative and down to earth. What I like the best is that I could reach out to anyone at any time. They would get back to me at night, first thing in the morning, and even on weekends. If I ever had an issue or emergency, they were on it right away. So, I think it’s the establishment of a personal relationship that really makes them stand out. You know that you’re talking to a real person instead of getting lost in a larger company. I like the small company personal feel.

There were times when I had a question and they would answer it. But, since I’m not a tech whiz, sometimes I wouldn’t exactly know what they were talking about. It was a minor thing, and if I didn’t understand, I would just ask again.

What advice would you give a future client of theirs?

It would be best if you know what you want and how you can deliver that message clearly.

Web Design for Grocery Store Brand

"The response time when we had a question or concern outshined many companies that I have worked with."

With the goal of having a mobile-friendly web presence and making it easier to sign up for their services, a grocery company hired GoingClear Interactive to build their new website.

IT Director, Grocery Store Brand

GoingClear Interactive was an excellent partner, consistently delivering high-quality work and meeting all the expectations set for them. The agency iwas recognized for their timely responses, efficient communication, and willingness to understand the company's goals.

Please give a brief description of your company.

We are a grocery store cooperative with three stores in the Boston area.

What is your role at the company?

I am the IT [information technology] director for the company.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached GoingClear Interactive?

Our website was very outdated with its look, feel, and functionality. We also could not easily manage the site because there was not a content management system in place.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

We needed the ability for people to sign up as members online and have a responsive website design for mobile users. Easily managing the site was very important to us as well.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

GoingClear built us a website that best fits our business model.

What was your process for selecting GoingClear Interactive with which to work?

We interviewed three companies for this project and GoingClear came in with a good price. They seemed to understand our business and want to help us the most out of the companies we interviewed.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The project cost was $8,000 to complete.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed on February 16, 2014.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

Our experience working with Going Clear was great. We had a lot of expectations that were all met. They always followed up and got back to us right away.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies that you may have worked with?

The response time when we had a question or concern out shined many companies that I have worked with. This is very important to me.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

I cannot think of any.

Web Design for Equilateral Technologies

"They understood what we wanted and were easy to communicate with."

2013 - Ongoing

With the goal of modernizing their website and making it more appealing, a software company hired GoingClear Interactive to provide design, development, and support services.

Donna Fagen
CTO, Equilateral Technologies

GoingClear Interactive vastly improved the company's website and consistently and successfully fulfilled any requests. The agency was recognized for their responsive communication, sophisticated design skills, and willingness to understand the project's main objectives.

Please describe your company.

We are a software company located in the Boston suburbs. We do software development for wireless systems for both commercial and military applications.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m the chief technology officer and one of the co-founders of the company.

What was your goal in working with GoingClear Interactive?

We had a website that was quite out of date, and we wanted to modernize it and to have our own shopping cart. The main thing we wanted was to make our site more modern, more appealing, and available on mobile platforms: pretty much take it out of the dark ages.

Please describe the scope of your work with GoingClear Interactive.

GoingClear provided everything, including design, development, and support. Our website was completely overhauled, so it now has a very different look and feel. Although much of the content remained the same, everything was brought up to date. We now have scrolling images on the home page, it’s optimized for mobile devices, and it’s much more user friendly. It’s also much easier to maintain than our old site.

What was your process for selecting GoingClear Interactive with which to work?

We wanted to work with a local company but, after asking around, we decided to do our own Google search. Unfortunately, many of the people we initially talked with turned out to be independent contractors with no company to back them up. Several seemed to be moonlighting because they failed to get back to us in a timely manner. GoingClear, however, responded promptly and gave us a very professional and very detailed proposal. We talked with them to define the project before going with them.

We have spent roughly $16,000 to $18,000 with GoingClear.

When did you start working with them and is the relationship ongoing?

Our relationship started at the end of 2013 and is ongoing. We have started using them for SEO [search engine optimization], and we’re going to add some new pages, so we plan to continue working with them.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We were very happy. They came up with a really nice design that was elegant, simple, easily viewable on multiple platforms, and modern. By the time they came up with their first design, they had pretty much what we were looking for. They understood what we wanted and were easy to communicate with.

There responsiveness is outstanding. They provided progress reports throughout the project and were always in contact with us if they had any questions about where we wanted to go. They had a good eye for the artistic aspects of the project.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

Make sure to spend a good deal of time completing the survey they ask you to fill out at the beginning of the project. The better you fill out that form, the better they’re going to understand what you need and the quicker you’re going to be able to settle on a design.

No. We were very happy with them. If there were any delays, it was always my fault.

As soon as I gave them something, they would give me very accurate time estimates. They would always be in touch with us.
    They kept to the estimate and made sure we were happy.

Custom Development For Universal Dental Plan

"They excel at expert service delivered on a timely basis. We also like the personal touch we get."

May - Nov. 2013

A dental organization partnered with GoingClear Interactive for the purpose of redesigning their entire website and combining two existing databases into a single WordPress solution.

Edan Barshan
Founder, Universal Dental Plan, Inc.

GoingClear Interactive proved to be a valuable partner, contributing to a website that fulfilled the organization's requests and functioned far better than its previous iterations. Their technical expertise, personable communication, and timely deliveries set them apart.

Please describe your company.

We’re Universal Dental Plan and we are located in Boston, Massachusetts. Our members join our plan at an affordable fee, which will then provide them access to a network of dentists who charge our members for their services according to our discounted fee schedule.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and chief executive officer.

What was your goal for working with GoingClear Interactive?

This is a relaunch of an existing program that we had several years ago that was stopped due to the Affordable Care Act. The challenge was that the original program was developed before the Internet. We needed a website where people can look for a dentist, get information about our plan, and join online.

Our goal was to combine two existing databases into a single one that would give us information about who is calling or emailing us. We wanted to make sure that we were able to get accurate and current information about our prospects, dentists, and members. We also wanted to make sure that we were able to keep up with all of our client transaction information.

One other challenge was that many of our older members don’t use the Internet. We needed to be able to keep up with them manually so that they got the same level of service from us as our online members.

Please describe the scope of your work with GoingClear Interactive.

GoingClear basically laid out a complete workflow automation process using WordPress.

What was your process for selecting GoingClear Interactive with which to work?

Although we had worked with two other vendors in the past, we wanted to work with a vendor in the Boston area, so that we could have the best possible level of responsiveness and service. We put out an RFP [request for proposal], and GoingClear was one of the six companies that responded. Ultimately, we decided to go with them.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the amount of work they’ve done for you?

We’ve spent around $60,000 with GoingClear, although we did go about 25 percent over budget because of things we added as the project went on.

When did you start working with them?

The project started in May 2013 and was finished to our satisfaction about six months later.

What were the results of the project?

We now have a much better presentation of the information that we wanted. We can just go to a section and find what we need. Things are better organized, and we can manage our information much better. We can also edit the website, which we couldn’t do before. Of course, the website is completely up to date.

They excel at expert service delivered on a timely basis. We also like the personal touch we get with GoingClear. We get attentive service with a smile.

What advice would you give to a future client of theirs?

I would suggest if you don’t want to go over budget make sure you have everything lined up at the beginning; be completely sure of what you want before turning a project over to them. Also, it would be helpful for a client to understand some of the technical language that developers use regularly.

No. We are quite satisfied with the way the project was handled.

I already have.