We Design Experiences Not Just Apps

FreshWorks Studio is an award winning Victoria & Vancouver based firm working in the space of Digital Transformation and specializes in designing & developing mobile & web apps.

By following agile methodology and planning principals, FreshWorks has an impressive record of delivering exceptional mobile apps on time and within budget. The quality of our deliverables and how we closely we collaborate with our clients are the main drivers behind this. Clients are encouraged to pop in or call to chat to see the latest builds for feedback. During these times, we collaborate with the client and share what we’ve learned in our impromptu discussions and offer great enhancements or additions to their vision. We strongly believe in building partnerships versus contractor relationships.

FreshWorks have had tremendous success in delivering projects and have been placed as a top ten mobile development firms in Canada and Douglas Magazine 10 to Watch 2017 winners.  FreshWorks have seen their innovative model translated into positive press highlighting the development capabilities and the incredible story of the founders. FreshWorks have been featured in CTV Vancouver Island, Times Colonist, BC Tech Strategy, BC Gov News, Daily Hive and University of Victoria.

101-736 Broughton Street
    San Francisco, CA 94107
    (415) 218-3804

1. BC Services Card App for MTICS

2. ConnectVictoria for City of Victoria

3. Parking Garage App (AirBnB of parking)

4. PetComm

5. BCHighways

Ziggie - E commerce platform

Ziggie provides a curated marketplace for customers, suppliers and social impact partners. One can open a "Changemaker Account" which means every purchase generates 5 – 20% of the retail price to their personal account called “My Changemaker Account”.

By opening "Changemaker Account", one can direct these funds to any number of worthwhile causes offered by the social impact partners to improve lives.

Livecare Connect - Virtual clinic for doctors and patients

Livecare Connect™ Telehealth Platform can improve a clinic’s practice efficiency, patient satisfaction & schedule flexibility. Connect provides a high-quality, easy to use video conferencing platform that can integrate smoothly into any healthcare practice.

The app (web, iOS, Android) is simple and intuitive interface that allows users to schedule a visit and uses Oscar EMR plugin for integrated scheduling and visit documentation. A medical grade, high definition video provides the clearest images. It fulfills national healthcare security standards (PIPA & FIPAA Compliant).

BCHighways app for BC MOTI using open511

BCHighways app is a traffic and driving-condition reporting app for BC Highways. Before you leave home, it shows you about issues on your route and live feeds from webcam.

By using information gathered from DriveBC open 511, BCHighways app helps you avoid driving issues and gets you to where you’re going safely with informative, real-time updates.

The completely free app is available on iPhone, iPad, Android phones & tablets, Apple Watch and Apple TV.

BC Services Card app for MTICS

Under the IDIM program, FreshWorks (AirSenze Solutions) was chosen as a sub-contracting firm to develop the app. The app’s scope includes highly-secure authentication using OpenID Connect, barcode scanning, secure keychain access, JWT signing, RS256 encryption and Apple’s Touch ID to verify the identity of the user. Once the user has been identified, they’re automatically logged into the BC Services Account. Once the card has been added to the app, it is securely saved to the device for future logins using Apple’s Touch ID.

Garage Parking (AirBnB of Parking)

Garage is a Shared Parking App (iOS, Android, Web) that lets you rent your parking spot when you are not using it. Listing your parking spot is as easy. The parking owners adds an address and upload a picture of the spot. Then, they can choose the price they want to charge for their spot on an hourly, daily, weekly or monthly basis.

For renters, the app shows all available parking spots near their area. They can book the spot ahead of time and can make payments using your credit card (STRIPE integration).

Use parking spot when you need it. Make money when you don't.

City of Victoria App

The City of Victoria app is the beginning of an era of Smart City and will make it easier for Victoria residents to access a variety of City information from their mobile device.

The app lets the residents of Victoria to submit service requests directly from the app. They can simply take a picture, provide description and use device's inbuilt GPS locator to create the service request and submit it to the relevant department in the city.

PetComm App

An App for the Pet Community

PetComm was created for pet lovers like you, as a place to expand your community in a safe and fun environment. PetComm is for connecting, sharing and educating, helping you have the best possible pet ownership experience.

www.petcomm.ca

Product Mockups for Healthcare Provider Review App

"They have guided me through the process, making it easy and engaging."

June 2017 - Ongoing

FreshWorks built the wireframes and more advanced mockups of an app that will store information about various medical clinics.

Sole Proprietor

Sakis Mamouzellos
Founder, Zēlos Innovations

The initial designs are compelling and potential investors are pleased. FreshWorks' team has been responsive and accessible from top to bottom and they will be carrying out the actual development of the app.

We are a startup mobile-app development company. I'm the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

We are currently working on our first app, with the help of their team. As the owner of a startup, I not only needed a partner who could listen to and understand what I needed, but also someone with whom I could have a back-and-forth style working relations. That way, I get feedback on the best approaches.

The product is a crowdsourcing application. In essence, it gathers information about medical clinics and healthcare provider locations in a directory view.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

I reviewed several companies in the U.S. and Canada, using Clutch as one of my sources. I contacted 5 groups altogether—from low-cost ones to middle-of-the-road—and sent them a questionnaire. Based on the responses and our interviews, I chose FreshWorks as the best fit for my criteria. They had good reviews, had been in the business for some time, had developed multiple apps, a good cost factor, and a large-enough team in a reasonable location.

We had an initial discovery phase, followed by design and wireframes. The wireframes were built based on what we included in the scope. FreshWorks quickly addressed any and all adjustments I asked for, and they were flexible about adding things which were not initially in the scope. In the development of the project, there were certain potential investors who needed to see certain features, and FreshWorks was eager to add those.

We’ve only built mockups and designs at this point in time. We have discussed the possibility of building the app using cross-platform technology, so it could work on both Android and iOS. However, based on the market share of Android at this point in time, we decided to move forward with a native Android version for it. Taking into account budgetary constraints, we might also develop an iOS version.

They use JIRA for project tracking and InVision for mockups. I am familiar with these tools, which made my life much easier.

The cost of their work has been below $10,000 so far.

The design phase will be completed in 3 weeks. After this, we will start the first financing rounds, before proceeding with development.

So far, it’s been an amazing experience working with FreshWorks. I have had a conversation with a few potential users. They loved the design, and also gave me some feedback, based on which we made some adjustments.

From an investor perspective, we have someone interested. He is waiting for the final design to be released, before we take it to a group of angel investors.

How did FreshWorks Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Starting with the discovery phase, they’ve been prompt in setting up meetings, they are responsive whenever I have a question, and they have guided me through the process, making it easy and engaging. Everyone in the company, from the customer experience manager to the CFO and CEO, is accessible. We kept a close eye on the scope of the project. There was some scope creep on my end, after I requested more components. FreshWorks was more than happy to add them, and they were prompt, on time and on budget every single time.

They were [non-financially] invested in the project with me, and willing to make my idea come true. FreshWorks invested themselves in it just as much as me, giving 150% all the time. They made me feel like a part of the team, and not like a client.

I cannot think of anything at this point in time.

Overall Score I definitely plan to continue working with FreshWorks on the development phase, and on other projects. They bring value to any project.
    They were always prompt, sometimes ahead of time. The first two design iterations were supposed to be completed in three days, but were delivered in two.

Development of Social Media App Targeting Pet Owners

"They have clear communication [and] they’re always solution-based in their approach."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

FreshWorks Studio developed an iOS and Android app and web platform from the ground up that serves as a resource for pet industry business owners and pet owners alike. They provide ongoing maintenance.

Paul Nault
Co-Owner, Island Green Company

FreshWorks Studio created a seamless app experience with around 2,000 active users. They manage tasks very well and reach most deadlines. They've delivered a modern product that stands up against today’s popular social media platforms.

I’m the primary owner of The Island Green Company, an app deployment and acquisition company. It started with a company called PetComm App in early 2016. We have the rights to the PetComm App, which is now called PetVibe. We’re developing the app with the purpose of deploying it into the marketplace.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

I am not an app developer myself and don’t have the skill set to do that. It made sense to look for a company locally in Victoria, British Colombia with good reviews.

I used them as a contractor for the build of the app. The app connects the community one pet at a time. What we found in the marketplace was that there was no single source location that connected the pet community with the current trends of social media and a resource for local meetups.

The app is basically a social platform and a resource for information, articles, etc. We tied in the business community - those who provide pet related services, such as dog walking or horseback riding lessons, too, since those providers likely will not be as successful creating their own app.

We’re kind of like Facebook, Instagram, and Yelp tied together as a complete resource for the pet owner. We originally started with a scope document showing FreshWorks what I wanted to do. I wanted to talk about the scalability of it and build in early programs for revenue streams. FreshWorks was really hands on. They’re an incredible company and easily understood the design and function of what I was trying to create. They didn’t just take orders from me, rather, they actually helped in the creation of the app, the functionality, the user interface and user experience, and in keeping everything extremely modern. Modern designs aren't commonplace in the pet industry.

We initially did a prelaunch on iOS in August 2016. With that, we were able to go to some pet shows and connect with pet owners and pet businesses and get feedback from what they liked and didn’t like about it. After that, we did the full deployment on Android, iOS, and the web.

We also built in some key business features so that when businesses become premium members of the app, there are tools that have been created for them to drive content to the news feed of the local pet community. It’s a very robust solution, all-in-one. You have location services available, and if you don’t want location services active on your phone, then we choose a city hall of the city that you’re in and not your personal address. The reason for this is when the businesses log in or adopt the app, they have a 50-kilometer radius surrounding their store in which to push content to the pet owners in that area.

When you’re looking for products, pet-friendly parks, etc., if you have location services on, you’re going to see what’s happening in that area and the businesses there will push out content or coupons. It’s very active that way.

We had some people doing early stage beta testing, but the full launch and marketing of the app began on April 1st, 2017. FreshWorks is under contract for IT support now. They tweak the app based on the bugs that show up and the feedback from our users.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

I initially reached out to FreshWorks in March 2016 through recommendations of a few other people that had either worked with them or heard about them.

We have spent $250,000–$300,000. We were under contract for the development, bug testing, and launch through a series of milestones and progress payments. It was all broken down into modules for the iOS and Android apps and the web app.

I’m not a big enough company to go out and hire full-time people. It’s a lot cheaper to use FreshWorks. They provide good service.

We started working together in April 2016 and the work is ongoing.

The feedback we’ve gotten from people is that the app is very seamless, very nice, and easy to use. Around 1,950 users have created profiles since its launch. There’s probably another 30% of people that have downloaded the app but haven’t completed the profile because it asks for more information than what they expected.

We have 65% monthly active users, around 25% weekly, and maybe 5–8% daily active users on the app. The downloads are consistently going up approximately 10% week over week; all the metrics are following.

We have a premium membership program, which is the business side of it. Businesses don’t download the app, rather they access it through their desktop. The business profile is created and loaded by us for free. We have approximately 90 premium members engaging the app, saying that they’re liking it. Our audience is a little bit small still for them to pay, but they’re looking at it as a free trial.

How did FreshWorks Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

They have clear communication. There are always things that happen that we work through, but they’re always solution-based in their approach. They focus on the timelines that I set and have reached them 90% of the time, despite the bumps in the road. We use Google Docs and Slack.

I have an IT guy within the company that I hired to oversee Sam [Agarwal], their CEO, and the FreshWorks team. Basically, we have a full Google Sheet that has every task itemized with an approximate time that it’s going to take to deploy. It’s a constant stream of things that are going on the Google Sheet and we keep working through it as we go forward. The Google Sheet is the driver of the project.

Earlier, we were in the really big part of the build; now that we’re basically built, they do two-week sprints for any extra features we want to see. We list them all out and they push updates accordingly to the iOS and Android platforms. If there’s a massive bug, they’ll be on it right away, but regular maintenance and tweaking are also on a two-week cycle.

They have delivered a seamless product. It’s incredibly modern and makes us seem like we’re an Instagram/Facebook type app as far as the experience and the current trends that are happening. It’s very intuitive because of how they’ve laid it out. They’ve done a really good job.

They’re growing fast and that’s a little bit of a red flag for me. Like any company that grows extremely fast, managing a large group of people becomes a challenge. We’ll see if they continue to provide the same support and commitment to our project as they grow, especially if someone is paying them $50,000 dollars a month versus me paying them $2,000 a month. I hope their quality of service continues at the level I’ve experienced so far.

Overall Score It’s been an incredibly positive experience and I’m happy with the product that they delivered to us, and its reliability and stability as well. It’s an app that’s not crashing; there’s a few bugs here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary.
    They were a 5 and I’m moving them down to 4.5 because of changes related to how fast they are growing.
    They give us great value; their prices are very, very good.
    They deliver high quality.
    I don’t think anybody would be disappointed.

Shopify Development for Cosmetics Site

"The project was executed very well on their side."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

FreshWorks Studio built a startup platform with simple e-commerce capabilities, creating a cohesive structure for a brand-new lipstick product line. They now provide custom development to enhance the site.

Startup Leader, Incubator

Through FreshWorks Studio’s rapid execution and clear organization, the MVP successfully achieved core functionality and will undergo further iterations. The team’s responsiveness, attentive support, and flexible management contribute to a rewarding partnership, despite their steep pricing.

We are an incubator in British Columbia that works with international entrepreneurs to build companies in Canada with the goal of exporting products overseas. We take ideas at the concept stage and validate them with these entrepreneurs. I am 1 of 4 startup leaders working with entrepreneurs through project management and consulting to build their businesses.

What business challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

For this project, which involved creating a natural lipstick line for Vietnam, FreshWorks developed our e-commerce website and helped us customize it to a certain point in terms of structure. The other project, which I am not a part of, is a website to recruit talent and innovations coming out of university labs and classrooms and pair them with international founders that could build businesses by commercializing the research or intellectual property.

The natural lipstick website was built using Shopify. We didn’t require them to use a particular platform. We described our project requirements initially. Because we needed simple e-commerce functionality, I believe we made a mutual decision to use Shopify since I’m familiar with Shopify.

For the natural lipstick line, the structure of the site is complete. It’s now up to our graphic team to populate and finalize the look and feel of the e-commerce website.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

We were connected through a mutual contact from 1 of our managing directors. FreshWorks showed a broad range of development skills, and we have substantial MVP needs, especially in the app space. So, we wanted to see if this relationship would help us move forward in building MVPs and iterating quickly.

The lipstick project was $10,000. I’m not familiar with the costs of the other project.

We started working with them April 2017 and have been partners since.

How did FreshWorks Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Both sides knew what was needed in order to make the project succeed. Their project manager was very proactive and organized. She was also responsive, collaborative, and flexible. We used GoogleDrive and Google Docs. I think they executed quickly. At some points, they were waiting for us to share details before they could move forward.

The project isn’t completely done, but they’ve developed the structure of the site. We still have ongoing support to help us fully customize the backend. I think because they wanted to end the project within a certain timeframe for the final payment, we both agreed to end the project. They’ve been extremely responsive in terms of making adjustments to Shopify.

The project was executed very well on their side. They did require payment prior to finishing all the work, but we were okay with that as long as they agreed to provide excellent support afterward and customize additional items on the site.

What distinguishes FreshWorks Studio from other providers?

Their project manager is very responsive and had some great ideas about the site’s look and feel. She was highly organized and kept us on track.

Is there anything FreshWorks Studio could have improved or done differently?

More interaction with our own graphics person would help ensure that the project is wrapping up well and that we are able to do what we want with the website. A wrap-up phone call with all the stakeholders would also be helpful. They were responsive, but a lot of the work has been our initiative after the project finished.

After the payment went through, their availability changed somewhat. I would have appreciated a follow-up call to smooth out some of the later development work on our side.
    We focus on MVPs, so we don’t want anything too cost-intensive. We found their pricing a little high for this project. We decided to go with them to evaluate the overall relationship. But, I wouldn’t pay $10,000 for a Shopify website.
    Their service was excellent, and the deliverables were good.

Web & App MVP for Social Media Advertising Platform

“We’ve appreciated FreshWorks’ accommodating and entrepreneurial approach.”

Aug. - Dec. 2016

FreshWorks built a platform that lets social media users earn rewards for recommending certain brands. The team created web, iOS, and Android versions of the app.

Tenzin Khangsar
President, Viralyze

FreshWorks delivered an impressive minimum viable product within a limited timeframe and budget. The team was accommodating and had a hands-on approach to project management, which made them an ideal partner for a startup with no internal technical staff.

I am the president of Viralyze, which is a platform for the influencer marketing industry. We are developing this platform and an app. These solutions will allow social media users to be compensated for making brand referrals on different social media platforms. There are 3 main components to our platform: a web application with a backend, an iOS app developed on Swift, and an Android app made through Android Studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

Our company had 2 success pillars in place. I covered the corporate side—I had a successful career building startup teams and raising capital. Meanwhile, my partners were some of the top people in terms of social media assets, with millions of followers. We were lacking the third pillar, which was the technology provider. We looking for an external partner to build our platform and technology.

FreshWorks built the first minimum viable product of our software, called Sway. We were looking at the MEAN.JS stack or some type of server technology related to Amazon Web Services for the web app. Our platform had to operate with all existing social media applications. Companies like Facebook had more advanced APIs, while the ones like Snapchat had nothing at the time. We had to figure out a way to seamlessly connect and work with different social media platforms. FreshWorks was able to do this successfully for our MVP.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

After raising our seed investment, we looked for different software vendors who could help build our ecosystem. Referrals are everything, and there was no shortage of software and mobile app developers in the city. We received a recommendation from a well-known angel investor in the Vancouver area, who described FreshWorks as a young and hungry team. Everything turned out well after that.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

The cost of their work was under $100,000.

We started working with FreshWorks Studio in late August 2016. We worked together until December.

FreshWorks delivered a clean, modern-looking app that impressed our investors, future business partners, and potential users. As a startup, it’s one thing to have a concept and a PowerPoint presentation, but it’s a whole other thing to actually show something on the phone to potential investors or users. We’re thankful to FreshWorks for being able to deliver a strong demonstration of what the app would look like on phones. They did the MVP on a very tight budget. We succeeded at getting end clients and interest in terms of financing.

How did FreshWorks Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

I found FreshWorks to be excellent in terms of project management. We’re thankful for FreshWorks’ hands-on approach. Knowing that we did not have a lead technology person onboard, they guided us through the process. Their founder has a technical background and is good at general problem-solving. We were not always the easiest customer. We had to make changes here and there, but FreshWorks was accommodating and moved quickly. We used Trello for project tracking.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

They have a very positive attitude, going out of their way to help and be accommodating. This made a big difference, especially since we’re not technical clients. We did expect to self-manage our challenges, but FreshWorks willingly took on our technology needs. They quickly grasped our business model. The purpose of the demo was to recruit more investors and staff. We’ve appreciated FreshWorks’ accommodating and entrepreneurial approach. I will definitely use them again on future projects.

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studio could improve?

Because we were a non-technical team, there have been things which we could have done differently to save time and make the use of FreshWorks better. Ultimately, the onus was on us to be more effective, with fewer changes and pivots.

They were always available and ready to meet us, whether in person or by phone. FreshWorks met our timelines, with the only slippage coming from large changes requested from our side. Even when we made those changes, they came back pretty fast.
    I don’t know FreshWorks’ business model, but they provided access to developers in North America and India. I found this to be compelling because it gave us the best of both worlds.

Mobile Apps for Back-office SaaS Provider

"There was some slow-down from our side, but FreshWorks was great and even pushed us a bit."

Sept. 2016 - Mar. 2017

FreshWorks Studio provided accelerated development for a mobile app (Android and iOS), incorporating GPS-tracking features and integrating native technology to simplify later iterations.

Alla Kuzmishcheva
Analyst, Vonigo Software

Through FreshWorks Studio’s high-quality deliverables, the new tool successfully parallels the web app in both design and functionality, anticipating an increase in client volume. The team’s accessibility, eagerness to improve, and consistent scheduling ensured a productive relationship.

I’m a quality-assurance analyst for Vonigo, a cloud-based service-management software which supports clients by optimizing their business on various service levels, including work-order management, CRM [customer relationship management], online payments, invoicing, quote management, and inventory management. We have an online booking engine which integrates with customers’ existing websites, allowing their clients to request services in real-time. Vonigo also automates delivery routes and dispatching process, integrating with third-party applications such as QuickBooks and Google Analytics for accounting, reporting, and analytics. The software can be accessed on any device, including tablets and smartphones, using browser-based applications.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

We are a growing software company that started several years ago. Growth often means a lack of resources for sudden, burning projects. We wanted to speed up development time and save on costs for a project, so we looked for a third-party agency.

We were developing an Android and iOS mobile application as an alternative to the main Vonigo web app. We wanted it to have GPS-tracking capabilities and deeper integrations with native mobile technologies, accounting for future versions of the product.

FreshWorks recreated our app on the mobile side, taking our concept and placing it in a new framework. Our main requirement was to recreate all our existing features perfectly in the new frame.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

We had a brainstorming session discussing the key elements we needed for a perfect fit. First of all, we were looking for happy clients, so we inspected LinkedIn company profiles. We also looked at website testimonials but found that those were not enough. We reached out to clients personally, asking for their opinion on FreshWorks’ performance. We also wanted a company that provided constant communication and fast responses to any questions we had. We knew that FreshWorks would be good at this according to their previous clients. We also knew that they were agile and could deliver products at a good pace. Some warranty clauses were also required to ensure that the project would be delivered on time and within budget.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

The cost of FreshWorks Studio’s work was between $10,000 and $40,000.

We started working with FreshWorks Studio in September or October of 2016. The project took 6 months to complete. We had some items to tweak, so we pushed the delivery back a bit, but the first versions of the app were provided by the end of November. We have been happy with FreshWorks’ output and have started a second stage for the app using their support.

We’re hoping that by rolling out this tool, we will increase the availability of our technology for mobile technicians on the road, which will lead to a deeper adoption of our business process. We are relying on this product for increasing client volumes.

How did FreshWorks Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

We came up with the requirements for FreshWorks and pushed it for customer testing. They were always happy to discuss and improve any inconsistencies. We ran the project in an Agile way.

Their team’s responsiveness was awesome. There were no restrictions in terms of accessibility, and we could always have conversations via phone or GoToMeeting. FreshWorks adapted to what we wanted.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

The accessibility of FreshWorks’ resources was excellent. They were always open to discussing matters with us.

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studio could improve?

More thorough alpha testing from their side would be great. We have addressed this with FreshWorks, and it was the main reason for our back-and-forth at the end.

Overall Score Nothing can be 100% perfect, but we’ve been satisfied with what FreshWorks did for us. There were some small gaps, but we found them.
    The apps were delivered on time. There was some slow-down from our side, but FreshWorks was great and even pushed us a bit.
    There is always room for improvement. More alpha testing could have saved time for both of us, for example.
    We will definitely recommend FreshWorks and go back to them ourselves.

Magento Web Development for E-commerce Platform

"They’ve made it affordable for us to do an MVP short term and it allowed us to do what we wanted to do."

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

FreshWorks Studios built a site for a Magento platform that is serving as an MVP for an e-Commerce startup.

Startup

Vancouver, Canada Area
Craig Brod
Founder, E-commerce Platform

The client has been happy with the work that FreshWorks has done, noting their cost effectiveness and communication skills despite language and cultural barriers.

We are an e-commerce company that’s coming to market soon. We’re opening a field called retail impact in which we will sell brands on the site that put up a certain amount of money for us to sell them at a discount to impact kids’ and mothers’ lives to address the area of childhood poverty.

I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studios?

We wanted someone to help us with our beta site.

They created a site for a Magento platform and use another language that interfaces with Magento that makes it easy to make changes on the site.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studios?

I pitched to a venture capitalist in Vancouver for funding and he knew Rohit from FreshWorks and recommended that I call them to help us with our MVP [minimum viable product]. I found that local agencies charge a lot of money for programming, but Rohit said they would be able to provide us what we need cheaper. He seemed much more positive and supportive than other firms who were saying they couldn’t guarantee anything. Rohit was willing to come here for 2 face-to-face meetings and showed us some work they had done.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studios?

We’ve spent $25,000 to $30,000 so far with Fresh Works Studios.

We began our relationship in October 2016 and we’re still working with them.

We have an internal programmer who’s been testing the product, and so far it’s been working. It’s more basic than we thought but I think it will work.

How did FreshWorks Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We get updates and status reports every night. The communication is excellent and any delays have been on our side.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studios?

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studios could improve?

Sometimes Rohit is difficult to understand because of his Indian accent, so I make sure to listen closely during our conversations. It’s been an amazing experience considering our cultures are so different.

We slowed them down by not supplying things they needed, but it’s also taking longer than their first estimate.
    The project isn’t complete but our communication is good and they keep us updated on where the project is in the process.

iOS and Android Development for Parking App

"We felt that Freshworks had great buy-in and passion for the project, which we found missing in other vendors in the past."

FreshWorks Studio started by building an MVP for the client, and eventually designed and built a fully functional app on the iOS and Android platforms.

Vancouver, Canada Area
Sam Chandola
Founder, SmartShare Solutions

The client praised FreshWorks for their ability to go above and beyond the project's scope, and provide insightful suggestions for improvement. While the app has not launched, the client was able to use Freshworks' work to raise further rounds of funding.

Please provide us with a brief description of your company and your role there.

SmartShare Solutions Inc.’s flagship product, Garage, is a shared parking platform that lets owners share their parking spots with drivers who are looking for one. I am the company’s founder.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached the vendor?

When we approached Freshworks, we were at a very early idea stage. The Freshworks team helped flesh it out and quickly built an MVP that will let us test the product in the market and start getting customer feedback as we start iterating it.

Additionally, the team also really took ownership of the project, coming up with feature suggestions that has made the final product much better. We needed someone to take ownership of product development and the Freshworks team more than adequately stood up to the challenge.

What was the scope of the project, and can you describe the specific services that were provided? (if applicable, can you name the specific technologies that were used?)

The scope of the project involved the development of version 1.0 of the product. We were looking to develop the Garage app (AirBnB for parking). FreshWorks followed a systematized approach and provided the following services: scope document and refining the idea for the launch of the app, designing the wireframes for the app, providing the UI/UX design of the app and making it consistent with the color schemes and design guidelines, development of the iOS, Android and admin panel for the Garage app, continuous engagement and weekly progress report on the app, and QA/Testing of the app

What was your process for selecting the vendor to work with?

The team at Freshworks came to us as a recommendation from a business partner after we had a very negative experience with another vendor. The Freshworks team came in, pitched to us, and showed us how they would execute. More than anything, it was their passion for the project that made us choose them.

Can you give us a general estimate of the size of the project, in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

$50,000 - $100,000

What was the timeline of the project (start and completion date)?

July – September 2016

What were the results of the project, and are there any success metrics you can share?

The product is complete and will go live soon. But even before that, the product that Freshworks built has already netted result in helping us close our funding round.

Was there anything unique or special about the vendor compared to other partners you may have worked with in the past?

Looking back on the project do you have any constructive criticism? Is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

Going forward, we would like to be more involved in the initial stages, specifically around UX. This was one segment we wanted to be more involved in, but were not able to because of time constraints.

Mobile App Development for Canadian City

"FreshWorks was extremely responsive to our requests, and overall was very easy to work with."

FreshWorks Studio designed and developed a mobile app for a major city in Canada that was looking to more readily provide its tourists and locals with information on city-happenings.

Chief Information Officer, City Government

The client praised FreshWorks Studio for their team's responsiveness and their win-win attitude. The client felt like FreshWorks always had their best interest at heart.

I am the Chief Information Officer for one of Canada’s largest cities.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

We wanted to make some key information and services on our website more easily available to visitors and residents of the city. The concept of a mobile app for the city appealed to us due to the increasing mobile traffic analytics to our website.

We chose to surface some of the most popular content of our website, and went with the agile concept and started with a minimum viable product. We wanted to start small and build on early success and feedback. The plan is to expand function and content.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

We were referred to them by a trusted colleague.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

It was in the $10,000 - $50,000 range.

What was the timeline of the project?

The project lasted about four months.

We haven’t yet launched the project, but we are very satisfied with the final results and anticipate success.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

FreshWorks Studio was extremely responsive to our requests, and overall was very easy to work with. The relationship is very much a partnership with a win-win outlook.

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studio could improve?

I feel the project was very successful. If I were to give any feedback, I’d say tighten down the project scope a bit more. I feel we got more out of them than what was in scope, which was good for us, but to be fair to them, they need to set those boundaries.

Very likely.

Social Media App for Pet Owners

"The project was launched on time and results were outstanding. The FreshWorks team worked closely with us to meet our goals."

FreshWorks Studio designed and developed a mobile app on both iOS and Android platforms that would serve as a social network for pet lovers.

British Columbia, Canada
Paul Nault
Founder, PetComm

The project was delivered successfully and the client is very satisfied with the FreshWorks Studio development skills. The client highlighted FreshWorks Studio’s passion for working with local startups as one of the primary reasons the relationship was so enjoyable.

I am the Founder and Chief Executive Officer. PetComm was created for pet lovers, as a place to expand community in a safe and fun environment. PetComm is for connecting, sharing, and educating, helping people have the best possible pet ownership experience.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

We had the idea that the community of pet owners would benefit from an app-based social network. Sharing their stories, experiences, and love of their pets would be facilitated by the mobile app. We had no experience as app developers and wanted to be secure in knowing that the product we were going to receive would be based on the latest technology for both major platforms. We also wanted to partner with a group whose vision matched our own and could provide long-term support for us.

The scope was a full development of both the online presence (web site) and the apps associated with the two major mobile communities, Apple’s iOS and Android. We also wanted a stunning design.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

We selected the vendor based on a referral from a friend.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

The project was comprehensive, in the range of $50,000 - $100,000.

The project took 2-3 months to complete.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

FreshWorks has a strong local presence, great passion for technology and startups,a willingness to go the extra mile to make PetComm’s launch successful, and a large offshore team to support the continuous development.

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studio could improve?

I believe our process was accelerated with this vendor. If I were to suggest an improvement, it would be enhancing the speed of the app.

Mobile Development for Card Game App

"FreshWorks fit our criteria perfectly."

May - June 2016

FreshWorks Studio provided mobile application development services for the iOS and Android platforms. The project included design, development, and testing, and was completed within a few months.

British Columbia, Canada
Vice President, Digital Marketing Firm

After a smooth and cost-effective process, the application was successfully released in the App Store and Google Play. FreshWorks Studio facilitated open, direct communication with their design and development team. This ensured that the product met every expectation throughout design and testing.

We are a marketing and consulting company for small businesses. We handle their online and offline marketing including PPC [pay per click], website and mobile apps and games.

What is your role at the company?

I am the vice president.

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

We were looking for a small app development company to design and produce an iOS and Android app for one of our clients. We were looking for a team to take our card game and wireframe and build a fully functional app.

What was the scope of the project?

The project was about two months in length. We required FreshWorks to do the design, coding, and testing for both iOS and Android devices.

How did you come to work with FreshWorks Studio?

We had talked to a few other design studios and found them either too big or too expensive. FreshWorks fit our criteria perfectly.

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

We have spent somewhere between $10,000 and $50,000 working with FreshWorks.

The project began on May 1, [2016] and was completed by the end of June.

Both apps are complete and available on Google Play and the App Store. FreshWorks provided us with prototypes, alpha, beta, and final products on time.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

We were able to communicate directly to the design and development team rather than having to work through layers of management.

p>

What is your role at the company?

I am the vice president.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What challenge were you trying to address with FreshWorks Studio?

What was the scope of the project?

How much have you invested with FreshWorks Studio?

We have spent somewhere between $10,000 and $50,000 working with FreshWorks.

The project began on May 1, [2016] and was completed by the end of June.

What did you find most impressive about FreshWorks Studio?

We were able to communicate directly to the design and development team. Some of the other companies we have worked with had too many management layers.

Are there any areas FreshWorks Studio could improve?

I would recommend making the UI/UX [user interface/user experience] for the app or game from the wireframe for client approval, which would save a step in reworking it.

We would have spent twice as much if we worked with a larger company.
    The quality was excellent.
    I’ve already done it.