Creating Beautiful Apps since 2008!

Since 2008, we have created amazing iOS and Android applications for amazing clients. From Fortune 500 companies to startups, Five Pack Creative is here to serve! Our remote team composed of the industry’s best programmer, designer, and quality assurance rock stars has earned the trust of our amazing clients on over 100 successful projects.

We haven’t met the project that we weren’t capable of conquering. iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android devices – we do it all! Or maybe you already have a team and could use a hand? We have you covered! In fact, we’ve augmented several large corporate teams to help drive projects to completion. We’ll even train your team if you want!

So look no further for a holistic approach to mobile app development. You can trust us to deliver a great product and a great experience. You’re amazing – shouldn’t your mobile app be amazing too?

2008
  • Dallas, TX 75201

American Airlines

Match.com

App Development for Healthcare Service

“Their sense of partnership, familiarity, and passion make them stand out.”

June - Nov. 2018

Five Pack Creative provided mobile application development, working on the design, development, QA, and launch of an iOS MVP.

Dallas/Fort Worth Area, Texas
Founder, Mobile App

The completed iOS application is excellent, with the company considering the development of an Android version, as well as the addition of extra components. Five Pack is dedicated, responsive, and worked hard to overcome unanticipated issues to continue to deliver on time.

I’m the president and co-founder of a small company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Five Pack Creative?

We needed help with mobile app development. I had an idea and a good amount of details regarding what I wanted the app to do and how I wanted it to look, but it was all very raw and initial.

They developed our mobile app, taking my vision and bringing it to life. I knew it wasn’t going to be too complicated technology-wise, but it needed a lot of professional work and they were the right team to deliver it.

They provided the whole package. They did the development, design, testing, QA, and every stage that a mobile app needs to go through up to the release. We’re now thinking about an Android version, as well as some additional updates and upgrades because it’s an MVP at the moment. There are a lot more components that I’d love to add, but I’m waiting on the users' response.

There was a project manager, developers, designers, and QA.

How did you come to work with Five Pack Creative?

I approached several development and design agencies and collected some recommendations from various sources, including Clutch. I got proposals from five agencies.

Five Pack Creative stood out because they were passionate about the idea about working with me. It showed that they were passionate, and they didn’t seem like a contractor; I felt they’d be a true partner. They had everything skill-wise and team-wise, in terms of experience and knowledge.

We’ve spent $90,000.

We started working together in June 2018 and the work is ongoing.

It’s been an achievement. They delivered within schedule, even though quite early on, we faced an unanticipated roadblock. We found ourselves having to do additional development work, strategy, and brainstorming. There were a good three or four weeks that were invested towards that and they still managed to work around it and have the app released within the schedule we initially wanted.

How did Five Pack Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They're wonderful. Responsiveness is important to me, and they’re top notch in that area. We always feel like somebody is taking care of us. At some point when the development pace became faster in the last month, the project manager was in contact daily with email and phone calls to update us about the status. As an entrepreneur, who is investing a lot of private equity into something, it’s good to have this peace of mind. They don’t disappear or make us wait for responses.

I’m very happy with their work. Whenever we have meetings, everybody is very cooperative and puts their mind into working around problems, offering solutions, and working very smoothly. For example, they had the layout for the project since the proposal stage, so I knew what was coming, every step of the way. Overall, the project management worked perfectly.

Their sense of partnership, familiarity, and passion make them stand out—they were the only ones that were so passionate about working together. Everybody else wanted the work, but none of the other companies expressed such willingness to work together as partners.

At one time they thought they’d exceed a part of the budget and they came to me with the issue a little bit later than I would have liked. It didn’t create a problem though.

I don’t think its coincidence that I got a group of really special and talented people. Every single one that I worked with was so good, it shows something about the culture of the organization. If you’re looking for a development agency, if you’re honest and you believe in your idea, and if you’re serious about it, you don’t need to look any further.

If I could give more than 5, I would.

Mobile App Development for Dating Platform

"They guided me through many decisions and brought items to my attention that I wouldn't have otherwise recognized."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Five Pack Creative designed, developed, tested, and launched an iOS dating app. They made UI/UX recommendations while following the internal style guide.

Frisco, Texas
Founder & CEO, Truly Indeed LLC

The app has quickly reached 1000 downloads and receives glowing feedback from users. Five Pack Creative responds immediately to issues and coordinates seamlessly with the internal team. Their helpful attitude and intimate knowledge of the industry made them a trusted partner.

I am the founder and CEO of a dating app for the Coptic Orthodox community.

For what projects/services did your company hire Five Pack Creative?

Five Pack Creative helped design, develop, and test our app, then deploy it to the Apple store.

Our goal was to build a solid MVP so we could prove our concept in the market.

We researched many vendors, shortlisted a few, and asked them for a proposal. Five Pack Creative was the clear frontrunner in terms of experience and budget.

We started by developing wireframes for iOS. Then we began development and testing around those features. We went back to the drawing board a few times, but there were no major surprises. We also leveraged some of their in-house UI/UX design resources, but always came back to our style guide.

Our team has a project manager, a software developer, a QA tester, and a designer. These resources have stayed consistent throughout the project.

Within one month of our app launching on the Apple Store, we have around 1000 users. It's great! This has definitely exceeded our expectations. Our users are generally pleased with the MVP and ready for us to take it to the next level.

Our project manager is always easy to contact and responsive over email. When we need things from other members of the team, she can quickly loop them in. She also uses an internal ticketing tool to track development and testing progress.

As a project manager, I appreciate their responsiveness and sense of urgency. They're app experts. They've guided me through many decisions and brought items to my attention that I wouldn't otherwise recognize. It feels more like a partnership than a vendor relationship, which is great.

We ran out of time to develop and think through some features. If we'd had a more extended timeline, we could have been more proactive in resolving items rather than working on them after release. That's on us, though, not Five Pack Creative.

Mobile App Dev Support for Credit Score Monitoring Firm

“Their flexibility and responsiveness are what I appreciate the most.”

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Five Pack developed an app for iOS and Android. They translated elements of an existing web platform to mimic the experience on mobile. They provide ongoing maintenance and support as needed.

Dallas, Texas
Sr. Program Manager, Credit Monitoring Company

Five Pack delivered a high-quality app that reliably protects sensitive user information. They’re able to mobilize resources quickly and address issues that might negatively impact the app’s performance. While their process could be more transparent, they thrive in the role of software consultants.

I’m the senior program manager for a credit monitoring company. We offer a direct-to-consumer credit monitoring product.

What challenge were you trying to address with Five Pack Creative?

We don’t have an in-house development team, so we hired Five Pack to develop our mobile app for iOS and Android.

The mobile app is an extension of our product’s web experience, so Five Pack’s task was to translate the essential features into a functioning mobile build. Our customers come to the web platform first, so cramming every functionality we possibly could into a mobile app wasn’t necessary. Five Pack worked with us to define the platform’s crucial features and deliver a product that aligned with our priorities and overall business philosophy. They also provide support, maintenance, and additional developments as needed.

An account manager is our primary point of contact. Beyond that, their team mostly consists of iOS and Android developers. We also utilize one of their designers to help with frontend work.

How did you come to work with Five Pack Creative?

I wasn’t a part of the initial committee that contracted Five Pack, but I know they were selected over several different firms. I’ve worked with a few mobile agencies in my career and Five Pack’s approach particularly benefits our product.

We started working together in February 2016 and the engagement is ongoing.

Our most valuable customers are our app users because many of them log in to the platform daily. Therefore, creating and maintaining a high-quality app was integral to our success. Five Pack delivered that and continues to correct issues as they occur to minimize downtime for our users.

How did Five Pack Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Five Pack has limited access to our Jira account where we manage the project on a Kanban board. We create user stories and Five Pack picks them up and gets them done. Most of our communication is done through Slack.

Their flexibility and responsiveness are what I appreciate the most. They make us feel like a priority and act with an immediacy that I haven’t experienced with other vendors. I firmly believe that they are the right fit for our current needs.

I’d like to see more transparency on their side in terms of how they track their hours and progress. Increased visibility in this area would ensure that both parties are working toward the same goals.

Five Pack might be best utilized as an extension of an existing development team. They offer development strategy services as well, but I haven’t used them in that capacity. Due to my lack of personal experience, I’d suggest that potential customers ask them more questions if they’re being considered for a full-service development role.

iOS Redevelopment for Healthcare Technology Firm

"Five Pack Creative has great resources and they have a great talent pool, working on a nationwide level."

With the goal of creating an innovative mobile app, a healthcare risk company hired Five Pack Creative for assistance with the design, development, and especially UI/UX phases.

Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Director, Mobile Technology

Five Pack Creative built an reliable, secure app that streamlined staff processes and saved significant time and money. The agency impressed with their efficient organization, their collaborative approach, and their ability to stick to a schedule. They communicated constantly to devise solutions.

Our primary business is in-home health risk assessment. We have a network of doctors and work with major healthcare companies, sending their doctors to patients' homes. We work with people that don't normally get out and go to the doctor regularly. We perform home risk assessments via an iPad application that collects data and sends it back to our servers, where it's organized, coded, and sent back to the healthcare companies.

Previously to working here, I collaborated with Five Pack for a large dating site, where I was also the director of mobile technology, handling Android, iOS, and Windows Phone applications.

I am the director of mobile technology. We focus on iOS more than on Android and Windows products. We have a mobile team and many of the products that we build are mobile-based.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Five Pack?

When I came to my current company, there was an existing HTML5 web application that had a lot of issues. We quickly identified that we wanted to build a richer, native experience for the doctors. We chose to build an iOS application for which we needed help both from a development side and from a design and UX [user experience] standpoint. This is why we engaged Five Pack.

Early on, we wanted to evaluate and optimize how doctors go through their process. They have to address 700-plus questions and we needed to get them through those as efficiently as possible, making it easy for them to collect data, without losing any information along the way.

Five Pack was engaged from a UX standpoint first of all. We sat down with them and went through the entire existing mobile web app. We thought about how we could make an improvement and iterated with them for several months on the UX aspects alone. There were no design elements or architecture discussions at this point; the sole focus was to make the app better and more optimized, from a UX perspective.

After finishing this stage, we worked with them from a design standpoint. We started figuring out how we could use colors in order to convey messages, making a rich experience for our providers. Once we completed this stage, we started the development process.

We work with three in-house engineers, and we also use one from Five Pack in order to offset the work, which was significant.

At my previous company, we used significantly more of their resources. We used them for design work but, more importantly, we needed a lot of help from a development standpoint. We employed anywhere from three to five engineers who helped us build our features and improve the application.

My former dating company was an early adopter of iOS apps. We were banned from the store when Apple enforced its in-app purchase policy. My company didn't want to share profits with Apple, so we were forced out of the store. Eventually, we realized that we wanted to get back in. When this happened, we were left with having to build the whole application, from top to bottom. Five Pack was engaged in order to bring out its resources and expertise in the mobile field, helping us built the app within a quick timeline. We were able to build five of their engineers and three of our local developers, building the app in approximately four months. Everything was made from the ground up and, after launch, it became one of the top in-app purchase apps, outside of gaming ones. It's still in the top five in terms of profit. We were able to leverage their resources and our in-house talent, getting the app out of the door quickly.

How did you come to work with Five Pack?

We considered a couple of other options. At my previous company, there was a thorough process for evaluating different vendors. We looked at multiple avenues, from cost to location and interviewed different candidates from each company. Five Pack brought in the best talent. We didn't care whether they'd be able to come to our office. There was a tight window for getting the work done, so we were looking for the best possible talent with which we could work quickly. At the end of the day, they had the best talent and were able to ramp up quick.

One of their founders had helped us with our very first iPad app. At that point, the company was still early to the game and the iPad had just been launched. We were also building a Windows Phone app when that operating system was new. There was a need for making a quick app, so we brought him in as a contractor. He worked with us for a bit more than a year. As we started to ramp up the app, we started looking at avenues for getting resources and wanted to bring him in as a contractor again.

Our app has been launched. At the moment, we're not using any of their resources. We're in maintenance mode, but we have a couple of other upcoming projects. When they reach the point of UX/UI [user interface] design and actual development, we will consider offsetting some of our resources and will determine whether we will use Five Pack again. We would prefer using their company, given that we've been pleased with our past experiences in terms of professionalism and quality provided.

The big success point for us, and the reason we've spent so much time focusing on UX elements at my current company, was reducing the amount of time that a physician has to spend with a member. We noticed that our doctors tend to do a lot of tedious work. They look at members' medication, type it in, and so on. This does not equate to quality time spent with patients. We've been able to optimize that. Before, it would take anywhere between an hour and an hour and a half for a provider to get through the flow of questions. Most of our physicians can now get through it in under an hour. There's been a good optimization and gain in the quality of time given by doctors to our members. They're getting through tedious tasks quicker so, even though the total time spend with a person has remained the same, it's a higher-quality experience.

We now have an automated tool for scanning medication and lab work, minimizing what the physicians actually have to do. This is part of the optimizations at a UX and design level that we've achieved with the help of Five Pack.

Another goal was architecting a solution that allowed the app to be a bit more durable. Right now, the iPads used by our doctors have cell chips, but they're not connectable in all locations. We've leveraged an architecture that allows a lot of their data to be stored locally. Five Pack has worked out some of those details in order to make sure that, overall, we would have some resilience. Whether a doctor has connectivity or not, they can still proceed with the evaluation and can still collect data. Everything gets stored locally and, once connectivity is available, it's sent back to our server and any schedule changes are also re-synced.

How did Five Pack perform from a project management standpoint?

Five Pack Creative does an excellent job in terms of sticking to their schedule. As with any business, once we've given out a task, we will come back to it, deciding that we want something changed. We have a good iterative process with Five Pack. In-house, we use scrum, and they work well within that environment of quick, short iterations. We can give them some ideas quickly and have a fast result through which we can iterate and iterate, flushing it to the point of being good enough. This has allowed us to go from UX to design faster. We will have many UX iterations before even considering colors and other such elements. We incorporate engineering into the upfront process in order to make sure that as we're handling UX and design, our engineers on both sides can have a voice and tell us if we're going on a much too difficult path, from a technical standpoint.

We interact with both their account managers and developers, as needed. We tend to communicate more with the engineers, designers and UX people, because those are the more day-to-day conversations.

Currently, we use Microsoft Team Foundation Service. We create all our tasks, from UX to design on it. We've given Five Pack access to our network via VPN [virtual private network].

Is there anything Five Pack could have improved or done differently?

I'm sure that there were times at which we could have iterated quicker, but there was nothing that ever had a significant impact on any of our projects.

They're very cost-effective.

iOS App Development for American Airlines

"Five Pack Creative delivers great work – really fast. Their talent is outstanding."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

An airline company originally hired Five Pack Creative to assist with development and quality assurance for their iPad app, and has since made the agency an integral part of their team.

Fort Worth, Texas
Phillip Easter
Mobile Apps & Wearables Director, American Airlines

Five Pack Creative has been an exceptional partner for the client. The agency earned praise for their integrity, outstanding customer service, and highly skilled team. Every stage of the process, from learning industrial practices to delivering solutions to resolving issues, was performed quickly.

I work for American Airlines.

I'm the mobile app and wearable director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Five Pack Creative?

Five Pack was initially brought on to do some major project work when we redesigned the iPad application about three years ago. Their specialty is finding talented niche mobile developers and project management. We didn't have the resources internally to take on this extra project where we had to redesign the iPad app. We did have design work that was done elsewhere, but they did all the development and much of the QA [quality assurance] of that application. That was the original reason we teamed up with Five Pack.

Every year, we've probably doubled the amount of work that we've sent them. Currently, they provide us niche mobile developers that work on our project as part of the team. They can either be onsite, remote, or a combination of both. I would say a good third of our team comes from Five Pack.

How did you come to work with Five Pack Creative?

Their founder was working at American Airlines four and a half years ago, and he had a desire to go start his own company and do what he's doing now. I didn't want to lose him as a partner and team member, so we've had a working relationship from the first day that he started Five Pack.

It's cost more than $1 million.

It's an ongoing partnership.

How did Five Pack Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They do an awesome job. Five Pack Creative are engaged constantly and know the business. If they add new talent, they're pretty good at getting them up to speed on our specific vertical. The airlines space is a unique animal, so there's a lot of nuances about what we do, not only customer-wise, but programmatically within our enterprise.

What distinguishes Five Pack Creative from other providers?

Five Pack Creative delivers great work – really fast. Their talent is outstanding. If you analyze the entire cost proposal, you're looking at different numbers. Cost-per-hour is not one. Overall, it's how fast can you deliver a feature for me. A new feature has revenue tied to it, so if his team can deliver it three months faster, then they're actually saving me money.

Is there anything Five Pack Creative could have improved or done differently?

They're very ethical and very straightforward. If there's an issue, they resolve it. They're good at the customer service side of it, not just a technical company. As they get bigger, it's harder to continue that, but I'm confident they'll do that.

App Development for Private Investigation Firm

"They understand what the customer's needs are and try to fulfill those needs."

An investigative company hired Five Pack Creative to contribute to their concept, proposal, and wireframes. They later worked to develop a full-service mobile app.

St. Louis, Missouri
President, Kevin W. McClain Investigations

Five Pack Creative exceeded the company's expectations, delivering an exceptional product on a very aggressive schedule. They communicated consistently about the project to ensure that their efforts were in line with the initial vision, and their client-focused approach made the process smooth.

My company name is Kevin W. McClain Investigations Limited.

I am the president of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Five Pack Creative?

I have been trying to develop a mobile app for the investigative industry for some time. There is nothing like this in our market. I have tried working with several other app developers and had reached a dead end. No one understood my vision and what I was trying to accomplish.

When I found Five Pack Creative, I contacted their main principal, Jeremy Stroud, and explained to him what I was looking for. They were able to meet with me via Google Hangouts, and I explained to them exactly what I was looking to do. Their team was able to visualize what I was trying to achieve and was able to put together the concept, proposal, and wireframes, then take off and run with the project.

Because of patent pending issues, I can't go into many specifics here, but an important part of the app has to do with geo-fencing. One of the most important components of the entire app development was going to be accurate GPS location services to be able to determine specific locations. Five Pack Creative was able to understand exactly what I was looking for.

The other component of the app was to create a report, literally, from the scene of the location, where we were going to respond to an incident. They were able to visualize that and even offer some suggestions that I had not even thought about. These suggestions were very helpful and will be put into the MVP [minimum viable product] we're currently developing. Right now, we're in the process of building the iPhone version. Once we get that up and out for proof of concept, we'll be working on the Android version.

How did you come to work with Five Pack Creative?

Ironically, one of their principals used to be my financial advisor. We'd found out that connection because we're affiliated through church, and his cousin [Jerry Beers] was the president of Five Pack Creative. I did not know that he was a software developer. When I found this out, I started doing more research about Five Pack Creative and realized that they had worked with some major companies, including American Airlines and Match.com. When I saw their work product and the professionalism that product demonstrated, I knew they were the right company for this project. I reached out to them, shared my vision, and decided to work with them.

We are going to come in at somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000. They're coming under budget from their original estimate, which in this day and age is unheard of.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

I see things a certain way, but I'm new to this industry. I don't know anything about the technology or how app development works. I just assumed that the way one of the companies I was working with previously did things was how things worked in the industry. However, when Five Pack Creative started doing their workup for me, I realized that was not the case and became heavily engaged in the entire process.

As we've been going along, they'll send me buildups, there's communication, there's conversations, there's all these what-ifs and, if you've got questions, please reach out and contact us. They keep showing me what things look like and what their progress has been. I didn't know these things were what I was supposed to get when I'm investing all this money into this kind of thing. That's a refreshing approach.

Five Pack Creative is working at lightning speed, which is quite a contrast with another company, which was saying that maybe they'd get it done in eight to 12 weeks – and then after six months, I still did not have a finished viable product that I could take to market. Five Pack Creative has been at it less than two months, and they've almost got my iPhone version ready to go to market. It's just unbelievable.

What distinguishes Five Pack Creative from other providers?

Where do I start? Five Pack Creative's customer service is outstanding, and their ability to engage with the visionary and understand exactly what the vision is, what I am trying to bring to life, is amazing. They've taken a very professional approach to everything.

Each member of their team brings different skill sets to the table, so I'm getting this whole team working on my project and trying to make the best viable product for me to get to market. Add to this their insight, experience, and different knowledge bases. They have been giving me ideas and things to think about that I had not even considered – things about visualizing the app and how it's going to work.

Is there anything Five Pack Creative could have improved or done differently?

I have no concerns whatsoever about what they're doing. They run a very professional operation. They understand what the customer's needs are and try to fulfill those needs – and they're willing to listen.

Even if I were to have any constructive criticism, they would listen to that and adapt to it. They would not get resentful or defensive about negative feedback. Their goal is to satisfy their client by whatever means necessary. I don't have any constructive criticism for them.

What they brought to the table has just been amazing, and I would highly recommend them to any