Polished Mobile Development and UI/UX Design

You've got a great idea for a startup and need to build an app? - We will be proud to assist you in this!

You are running a business and need to make it more digitalized by creating an app? - We will be happy to do it for you!

You need to maintain or improve your existing app? - We can do this as well (after some clearing up of course!).

For six years we have been working as a team and for this time we

- have completed over 70+ projects on iOS and Android platforms (and some of them are still at the top of mobile stores in their categories!);
- have developed 10+ React Native projects and got unexampled expertise using this new technology;
-  polished our skills to be able to get through all the mobile challenges;
- faithfully followed users' interests and UX patterns (which made us featured in the UI/UX category of Interaction gallery on Behance);
- helped our clients set their ideas alive and raise their profits (check our reviews).

Want to see if we could become partners and grow together? Let's talk!

Kharkiv, Ukraine

Private entrepreneurs, small and midsize companies, startups

Fin.do

Fin.do app is a card to card system for instant money transfers in any currency, avoiding bank’s high fees and exchange rates.

Pcard

Chat messagin application for sending short or predefined chat messages with photo attached

Tokens for Babysitting

Token is an application written using React Native framework used by parents that need a babysitter for a particular date, time and number of kids. For each action with the request (creation, acceptance, cancelling) a user gets or looses virtual points - tokens. Possibility to select the babysitter only among the phone contact list provides a requester a feeling of safety as it contains only the known people you can trust.&nbsp

;

Beautique

exchange between the tenants of the Beautique apartments building in Berlin, Germany.

Meet3.0

sharing, file sharing, surveys, slide presentations, live broadcast, and much more."}" style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans,sans-serif;">Advanced video conferencing system that supports everything from chatting with friends to formal online business meetings and presentations. Built-in features include instant text messaging, screen sharing, file sharing, surveys, slide presentations, live broadcast, and much more.

KitchenPad Timer

Utility application for convenient time management on the kitchen.

Bitsboard

style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans,sans-serif;">Education application for kids. Multiple (around 20) mini games. A lot of content, downloadable and sharable online. It was also used as an example in one of the WWDC sessions on Accessibility.

Vesino

A social network for people to connect with
their neighboors and communicate with them.

StartPointMap

Apple Watch utility which allows user to remember some point in space and

navigate back to it.

Holocaust Memorial Miami Beach

on HMMB. Supports multiple languages."}" style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans,sans-serif;">Tourist application for Holocaust Memorial in Miami Beach landmark. Features a lot of multimedia materials on Jewish fate during WW2 organized in a visually appealing way. Works with iBeacons installed on HMMB. Supports multiple languages.

Boris Yeltsin Presidential Center Audio Guide

leave the museum."}" style="font-size:13px;font-family:arial,sans,sans-serif;">Audio guide application for visiting and learning Boris Yeltsin Presidential Center. It automatically triggers audio as you walk through the museum. the audio tour can also be used manually once you leave the museum.

Beat

Mobile client for large
Norwegian subscription-based music streaming service (like Spotify, Apple Music etc).

Design & Development Roadmap for Personal Budgeting App

“I was always confident that their team’s work aligned with my vision.”

Nov. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Factorial Complexity was tasked with creating a cloud-compatible person budgeting app for iOS. They delivered a detailed design and development roadmap.

Riga, Latvia
Egor Trefilov
Principal, Personal Budgeting App

The app wasn’t completed due to financial reasons on the client side, but Factorial Complexity performed well nonetheless. The team was organized, working closely with internal stakeholders to manage expectations. They were willing to go above and beyond to ensure a high-quality product.

I’m the owner of a personal budget application for iOS.

For what projects/services did your company hire Factorial Complexity?

I approached Factorial Complexity to help realize my own private initiative. They were responsible for building an iOS personal budget app with an accompanying backend. The app needed to store data in the cloud, which would enable future integration with Android and web applications.

My objective was to design and build the application before publishing it to the App Store. I also wanted to provide technical support based on user feedback.

I chose them among several contractors on Upwork.

They designed and created a roadmap for my iOS app, which would allow users to track personal expenses, create budgets based on previous spending habits, and view reports with graphs and filters. All user data would be stored on the cloud, and premium users would be able to make in-app purchases.

I was introduced to their lead architect, head developer, and project manager. In addition, there were also junior developers and a designer involved.

They created a design and a detailed plan to deliver the project, but, unfortunately, I had to stop development due to financial reasons on my end.

They were very organized, communicated clearly, and managed our expectations well. I was always confident that their team’s work aligned with my vision.

I was impressed by their positive attitude and interest in the project. Rather than limiting themselves to delivering just the basic functionalities, they were willing to take the extra steps to fulfill my requirements.

No, not that I’ve noticed.

App Customization for E-Learning Solution

"The open communication and responsiveness of their team stand out to us."

Sept. 2018 – Ongoing

Factorial Complexity provided development support for an existing app. They customized the product and added features, including language localization.

Tallin, Estonia
Peter Koblyakov
COO, Raccoon Gang

Although final changes are being made the app before launching, the quality and strength of the app are predicted to bring success once in the market. The Factorial Complexity team built the features to align with expectations. They’ve been a detail-oriented and perceptive partner in development.

I’m the COO of a company that provides e-learning technology solutions. We have a global client base with headquarters in Miami, Florida and Tallinn, Estonia.

For what projects/services did your company hire Factorial Complexity?

We hired Factorial Complexity to implement customizations into our existing mobile apps.

We wanted to improve our mobile app with new features such as language localization and other custom additions. Our goal was to have a user-friendly platform.

I was researching Ukranian companies with expertise in software development. I looked at case studies from several vendors and was impressed by Factorial Complexity. The main reason I chose them for the project was their proven ability to produce high-quality consultancy and a great quote.

We started this project with a kick-off call to further discuss our goals and expectations. For the language localization feature, we provided their development team with the necessary text translations. They submitted iterations of their work and incorporated our feedback into the design. If we needed anything changed about the development, we were able to make requests during the process. During the implementation period, they fixed all bugs that occurred on the backend of the mobile app.

We have a dedicated project manager who handles the planning and monitoring processes. There are also iOS and Android developers who collaborate with us to solve issues.

We haven’t launched yet because Factorial Complexity is polishing the final product. However, we’re confident that we’ll have a strong app that will be successful in the market. They efficiently implemented the new features we wanted and the quality of the app is perfect.

The project manager has been highly communicative and attentive. We use Slack to communicate and discuss the details of the project. They respond to our needs quickly and clearly. Each step of the project is completed effectively.

The open communication and responsiveness of their team stand out to us. They are helpful in customizing our app and provide additional services that we appreciate, too.

Though there are some small issues during the process, we’ve been satisfied with their work and are eager to launch the app.

Mobile Development Outsourcing for UI and UX Design Firm

"They always deliver quality and service."

Factorial Complexity was hired to act as a partner to develop iOS applications for a firm specializing in user experience design and user interface design.

Michael Lapico
President, Disrupt Studio

Factorial Complexity has been a strong partner with the client, delivering high quality, cost-effective services. The one downside the client noted was that occasionally deadlines were not met.

I am the president of Disrupt Studio, a mobile and web application design firm. We provide user experience design and user interface design.

What challenge were you trying to address with Factorial Complexity?

Since we don’t do any programming, we work with partners like Factorial Complexity to handle the development side of our projects. I’ve had a lot of experience dealing with partners before. Depending on the type of project, I use different partners for different things.

Factorial Complexity is a mobile development shop so we go to them when we need to build a mobile application. They’ve done multiple apps for us throughout the years. Typically, we create iOS apps together. It really depends on the scope of the project because we deal with a number of partners.

How did you come to work with Factorial Complexity?

I think I learned about them through Guru. The first time I encountered them was when I posted a small project there. Factorial Complexity was one of the respondents. I’ve since come to know the guys, specifically Vitali.

How much have you invested with Factorial Complexity?

We have paid $10,000 to $50,000 for their services.

I’ve worked with them since 2011. The engagement is ongoing.

I found that working with Factorial Complexity was quite easy, both in terms of communication and cultural understanding. It was an easy fit and it was natural to give them that type of work. I find them to be very competent especially on the iOS side of things. I haven’t had any about understanding and translating requirements. They are able to take those requirements and bring them forward. Their turnaround is very quick. That’s why I go to them for certain jobs and not others, depending on the turnaround time I need. They’ve grown in the last 5 years. They started off as a one-man show and now they have a full office of people.

How did Factorial Complexity perform from a project management standpoint?

It was good. I had a single point of contact, which was beneficial because there wasn’t a lot of cross-communication. We’re both pretty agile so our sprints would line up very well. We never really had any issues with that. We’ve had situations where we check in once a week and we’ve had projects that required more, such as daily scrums. There’s been a wide variety of engagement. From a project management perspective, I’m quite content.

What did you find most impressive about Factorial Complexity?

It’s a combination of quality and value. They’re not the cheapest provider I’ve worked with, but we’re at a level where quality has trumped all to a certain degree. I can count on them for good value and fair pricing. At the same time, I don’t ever worry that the quality’s not going to be there or the code’s going to be sloppy or things aren’t getting documented properly. I’ve had other value based partners in the past where I’ve had those concerns. I’ve never really had those concerns with these guys.

Are there any areas Factorial Complexity could improve?

I haven’t really had any problems. There have been slight communication issues from time to time but nothing that would warrant any major concern.

Overall Score I’ve had a very positive experience with them.
    The schedule and timeline are difficult. I’ve felt they’ve always delivered their best in a timely manner, but everybody has a bad day.
    They provide good value.
    They always deliver quality service.
    I refer them often.

Outsourcing App Developers for Cultural Institutions

"They always deliver what they say they're going to deliver, and I've been pleased with their ability to do that."

Factorial Complexity was hired as an embedded team that assisted in mobile development projects as well as the development of other interactive programs targeted as museums and other cultural institutions.

Greater New York City Area
Juan Sanabria
Principal, GuideOne

The client and Factorial Complexity have worked together on a number of projects during the course of their relationship, some of which have received hundreds of thousands of downloads.

Our organization is GuideOne Mobile. We create mobile apps and other interactive programs for museums and cultural institutions. We've been doing this since about 2010. I'm a principal of GuideOne. I own the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Factorial Complexity?

We've worked with different developers either in-house as well as remote in the United States and abroad. We were just trying to find a reliable technology partner to implement our work because we produce projects, much of which comprises client relations and content producing and editorial work. We have some technical capabilities but, often, we found that we needed a partner that was strong and that we could trust to implement technical solutions.

They are what we would consider an offshore technical team. Having worked with offshore developers in different regions both in close long-term engagements as well as one-off projects, we're familiar with what you get and what's possible having time differences, language differences among other things. We wanted a team that was flexible and that could scale up and down with the flow of our work and could deal with cross-platform mobile work.

How did you come to work with Factorial Complexity?

I think I found them on what was formerly oDesk [now Upwork]. My vetting process was Skype interviews, looking at their portfolios, and understanding capabilities knowing there are geographic differences in strengths. We were looking for an embedded team because we also do development. We also do a lot of editing from the development side, so they seemed very open to that possibility of working with us and being an embedded team. We started on some small projects, and they were very reliable and have continued to deliver since that time, which was several years ago.

How much have you invested with Factoral Complexity?

It was between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started around 2014 or so. They are an embedded team for us but work with other clients as well.

That's a tough call because we're a contractor or subcontractor on items. I can say that some of the work we've done has hundreds of thousands of downloads or more, but it depends on the project. They've been very flexible at understanding our needs but, like any development team, we're very specific about what we want.

How did Factorial Complexity perform from a project management standpoint?

I would say generally pretty good, and when there's been issues their director or principal [Tatiana Danshyna] has been very willing to resolve them. We've tried different things. In some cases, we've been project managers. In other cases, they have, but there's always an extra layer, and they've been willing to resolve issues when they've come up from a project management point.

What did you find most impressive about Factoral Complexity?

I think there is a certain level of competency that we expect. They're not a 50-person agency with tons of producers and tons of nondevelopment staff. They are developers. That's why I think we work really well with them. What distinguishes them is the high level of technical competency.

Are there any areas Factoral Complexity could improve?

It's hard to know. It's an ongoing relationship, and we're still working with them, which I think speaks for itself but, obviously, there's been bumps in the road. At times, there's been staff turnover. I wouldn't say it's had a huge impact on the projects, but it's always one of those things where we have to make adjustments when they have staff turnover. We still work with them, and we're happy with everything.

They've always delivered what they say they're going to deliver, and I've been pleased with their ability to do that.
    I'm working with them, and we've been very happy with the relationship. It's a good value on both ends.
    They have a high technical competency.
    Happy to refer them.

Application Development for Gaming Company

"I found them to be the best developers both quality and price-wise."

Factorial Complexity was hired to work on to build four different mobile native gaming applications and design the art for them.

San Francisco Bay Area
Raj Bhandari
CEO, Neem Labs

Factorial Complexity received perfect feedback from the client, noting that they were the best vendor in terms of quality for their price as well as their rapid response time.

I was the CEO and sole employee of Neem Labs. The company was a game publisher as well as a mobile e-commerce platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Factorial Complexity?

We worked with Factorial Complexity on 4 projects across different platforms. We were trying to build mobile native apps.

We came to Factorial Complexity with a game concept. Since we knew what game mechanics we wanted, we had a 1 or 2-page specs document. They advised us through the process, built the app, and designed the game art.

How did you come to work with Factorial Complexity?

We asked a number of agencies for their portfolios. I think we looked at more than 10. Factorial Complexity’s portfolio was the best, so we started a dialogue with them. We thought they were timely, trustworthy, and honest. That was why we decided to move forward with them.

How much have you invested with Factorial Complexity?

We paid $10,000 to $50,000 for Factorial Complexity’s services.

The last project was completed about 6 months ago, in February 2016.

The game has reached the Top 10 of 2-player games in the App Store. We’ve had hundreds of thousands of downloads.

How did Factorial Complexity perform from a project management standpoint?

Factorial Complexity exceeded expectations. There was no ambiguity about how long each of the features would take to build. They were always on top of it and we were always sure of where we stood.

What did you find most impressive about Factorial Complexity?

I’ve worked with them on over 4 projects. Factorial Complexity will give you an honest, trustworthy opinion on your project. At the same time, they’ll always let you make the decisions. Based on my experience, I can always get a sense of how difficult the project is, how long it will take, and any potential hurdles while working with them.

Nothing comes to mind.

Overall Score It’s been amazing.
    I always got responses within 12 hours or so, if not less.
    I found them to be the best developers out there, both quality and price-wise.
    I never expected to get hundreds of thousands of downloads.
    I’ve been doing it ever since we started working together. I’ve recommended them to everybody who told me they wanted to build a mobile app.

Development Outsourcing for Mobile App Development Company

"Outstanding quality and an amazing amount of consistency over time."

Factorial Complexity has been hired to outsource application development on iOS by the client on a number of projects over the course of their five-year relationship.

Palo Alto, California
Founder, Mobile App Development Company

The client gave Factorial Complexity perfect scores across the board, citing the quality of their work and the level of communication that they provide.

We are a mobile app development company. I am the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Factorial Complexity?

We were looking for a great developer/development team that could help us develop additional apps. I already had a couple of other teams but I was looking to expand. I wanted to find another team to help us develop more apps.

We’ve been using them for several years. They develop our apps from scratch or they take over existing apps that other teams have developed before. We’ve been using them for the core development of mobile apps for the iOS platform. We exclusively work on custom iOS apps so we’ve only used them for that. The scope has been from simple apps to super complex apps that we’ve been updating and improving over the years.

How did you come to work with Factorial Complexity?

We have had a relationship over many years. Initially, we were looking for new developers on oDesk and Elance. The founder of Factorial Complexity responded to our job posting and I liked his resume. I liked the way he communicated. We decided to give him a try with a small demo app and they did incredibly well. We’ve been working with them ever since.

How much have you invested with Factorial Complexity?

It’s been all over the board; some are $500 and some are $100,000.

We have used them for dozens of projects. The first project, after about a month, was delivered ahead of schedule and completed over four years ago. We’ve been using them almost non-stop since that first project.

Our apps continue to be successful, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

How did Factorial Complexity perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very good communicators. There has hardly ever been any negative surprises, and whenever anything bad happened, they’ve been on top of it in terms of addressing the problem, fixing the problem, and making sure it doesn’t happen again.

What did you find most impressive about Factorial Complexity?

It’s delivering high-quality code and delivering a code that’s maintainable and easy to update. They’re a team that delivers projects on time and on the budget. They’re just fantastic all around.

Are there any areas Factorial Complexity could improve?

No. Over the four years, we have improved our processes and the way that we work together. I would say any relationship can be improved and there are always things that can be done better, but they are willing to learn and incorporate any feedback and it’s been great thus far. It’s an awesome relationship that we have with them.

Overall Score They’ve been a huge help to my business and I’m incredibly grateful for the ongoing relationship that we have had, and I’m excited to keep working with them for many years to come.
    It’s important to understand that you are just as responsible as they are in regards to meeting and sticking to deadlines as to avoid scope creep if things change. Just be understanding that changes take time. They’re really good at delivering on time.
    You can find cheaper teams to deliver apps for less, but in the long run, I don’t think you can find better value because they deliver outstanding results and you will have a product and a team that you will be very happy with for the long term.
    Outstanding quality and an amazing amount of consistency over time.
    These guys are awesome and they deserve all the success they’ve had.