Leading Experts in Augmented and Virtual Reality

Bronze

Extality is a leading expert in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. Our company focuses on building transformative applications for enterprise clients on a variety of platforms, including mobile and head-worn devices.

Our bold vision for the future involves using immersive technologies to help organizations achieve massive cost savings, improve customer retention/satisfaction and enhance worker training/safety.

We have worked with a diverse set of incredible companies including Magic Leap, CNN, Phononic, ASICS and Clark Construction Group. Our team is based in San Diego, San Francisco and Köln, Germany.

For more information, please visit extality.com.

2018
    Germany

Magic Leap, CNN, Clark Construction, Phononic, ASICS
ASICS Shoes — Digital Twin Image

ASICS Shoes — Digital Twin

For ASICS we developed techniques to create hyper-realistic real-time shoe models for visualization in Mixed Reality with Magic Leap.

CNN Magic Leap Experience Image

CNN Magic Leap Experience

Working with Extality, CNN introduced interactive mixed media spatial storytelling on Magic Leap One, expanding the power to “go there,” delivering a deeper, more captivating experience by combining the best of CNN’s award-winning video storytelling with compelling 3-D interactive elements, bringing stories to life in entirely new ways.

Extality Demo Reel

Phononic iOS/Android AR Application Image

Phononic iOS/Android AR Application

We developed Imagine Solid-State, a product visualization tool on iOS/Android to allow customers to place and interact with Phononic products in Augmented Reality.

Apartment Floorplan Visualization Image

Apartment Floorplan Visualization

Machine Shop Drill Press Training Image

Machine Shop Drill Press Training

Roofing / Siding Tabletop Visualizer Image

Roofing / Siding Tabletop Visualizer

3D Model & Web Dev for Traffic Light Software Company

“They were definitely flexible with getting our project done.”

Sept. - Oct. 2019

Extality created 3-dimensional visuals and animations using Blender for a transit priority tech company’s website. They embedded the images into the site for the creation of the web app.

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

San Jose, California
Foudner, Lyt.ai

The internal team was pleased with the deliverables, noting their engaging quality and alignment with the company’s brand. The animations now function as assets, guiding the brand as it develops further. Their flexibility, talent, and keen design skills made them essential to the engagement.

I’m the founder of a tech company in Silicon Valley focusing on transit priority to the cloud. We use cloud software to change traffic lights from red to green, so buses don’t spend time idling unnecessarily. Currently, we’re working on a traffic management suite that does something similar with large sets of data from telecom.

What challenge were you trying to address with Extality?

They connected with us through a discovery phase in which they asked us questions to understand our needs. We needed some graphics and animations done for our web page. It was important for us to have engaging content for our digital presence.

At the time, we had an unappealing landing page. We wanted to update it so we could use it as marketing material as we build out sales channels. There are several other assets on our site that could be revamped. We’re probably going to do another project with them soon.

They created visuals and animations for our site using Blender. The team animated the content in Blender and exported it to another software that allowed them to embed 3D images into web pages. Through that system, they were able to build an interactive, 3D web app pretty quickly.

We worked primarily with Arash (Co-Founder, Extality) and another developer in Germany. Arash is local, so we interfaced mostly with him.

How did you come to work with Extality?

A friend recommended them to me, so we didn’t have much to narrow down. I was in charge of the decision and had 3–4 options to go through. They stood out because of the recommendation. We were also looking for someone who could be flexible with us and fit into our limited budget.

It was also important that the team had a good portfolio. Extality had a pretty good track record in the gaming world, so I knew they could operate well with 3D projects. That led us to hire them.

The project lasted from September–October 2019.

The content has just been worked into our wireframe, so members of our team can pull it as an asset for PowerPoint presentation slides and for frontend development work. Overall, the quality of work was very high.

How did Extality perform from a project management standpoint?

They were definitely flexible with getting our project done. We worked efficiently after adding them to our project management tools. That way, I could keep track of their progress internally.

They’re a talented, design-oriented team, able to take high-level ideas and color schemes and turn them into designs that stand out. All of their work is eye-catching and follows our brand color scheme, which was very important to us.

There are other projects I want to do with them, but I know they take more time.

We struggled a little with guidelines on our end, but that was more on us.
    The quality of service was good.

3D Rendering for Electric Bikes Company

"Extality exceeded my expectations of what was possible."

Sep. 2019

Based on 2D photorealistic models, Extality developed an interactive 3D rendering of an electronic bike.

San Diego, California
Tony Ellsworth
CEO, The Ride Bikes

Extality delivered an impressive model to convey the product’s value to investors. The team guided the collaboration with technical expertise, providing insightful suggestions that enabled improvements to the model. They encouraged and integrated feedback quickly to ensure a successful engagement.

I’m the CEO of The Ride Bikes. We develop and produce high-end e-bikes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Extality?

We had a multifaceted challenge. We wanted to get a good look at our finished product in 3D. It’s easy to make photorealistic 2D renderings but photorealist 3D renderings are of a whole other level.

Before the product was actually produced, we wanted to take a look at all of the details. Extality created an interactive 3D model of the bike based on images of various parts such as the tire. They took our product to a whole other level, even more than a solid model.

Mostly, I worked with one person but interfaced with another team member too.

How did you come to work with Extality?

I belong to the same organization as an Extality teammate. We needed a partner to have an understanding of what we needed and the ability to be able to speak to our needs.  We looked at two different companies, but the other contender was unable to produce a 3D rendering.

We started and finished the project in September 2019.

They used and understood 3D technologies awesomely. Extality elucidated our product. The rendering shows how the product disrupts the market to investors and vendors. It’s one thing to look at a picture, it’s another thing to be able to look all the way through the bike. Their team brought it to life. From a design standpoint, their team helped me dial in the finishing touches such as I.D. badging, decals, and paint.

How did Extality perform from a project management standpoint?

Extality exceeded all my expectations. They were super responsive and asked for feedback throughout the process. I didn’t know what was possible with technology. They kept providing suggestions such as, “Gee, it’d be really cool to do this.” And then, bam, they did it—like magic. I’m constrained by my understanding and thinking inside the box. Their team expanded that box for me.

Extality exceeded my expectations of what was possible. I was shocked by their abilities. I couldn’t even find high-resolution images of all product features. Off of web pictures, they were able to incorporate components into a finished product.

No, I thought they were awesome.

Development Services for Augmented Reality Company

“They're flexible, and they worked around our goals and resource restrictions.”

May 2018 - Apr. 2019

Extality is a development partner for an augmented reality company’s platform. They leverage Unity and other technologies to build applications and demonstrations for the platform and its partners.

Senior Manager Business Development, AR Company

The collaboration went well, and Extality worked closely with several internal teams. They met all their deadlines, were easy to work with, and were always accommodating.

We are an augmented reality display platform with a hardware/software solution. We worked closely with content developers and IP owners to build an ecosystem for our platform. My role is in our business development team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Extality?

We work with them as a development partner to build content for our platform.

We collaborated on applications and demo experiences for our platform and our partners. They use game engine technologies like Unity. Our platform has its own operating system and SDK, and the applications use a game engine that plugs into our proprietary software.

The team size was between five and eight people at most.

How did you come to work with Extality?

One of our employees referred them to us.

We started working together during the summer of 2018. We completed the most recent project in the spring of 2019, and we're in discussions to use them for their maintenance services.

We tracked the results through ongoing product reviews and feedback cycles. They worked with our QA team, and refined their work with our product and user experience teams.

How did Extality perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered everything on time, and they were easy to work with.

They're flexible, and they worked around our goals and resource restrictions. They're sensitive to deadlines or possible delays, and they're very accommodating.

I don't have any complaints from the business side. My colleagues may have constructive criticism for them, but I was pleased with their work on the project.

Bring in all the organizational teams that will impact the final product from the beginning. Our UX team was looped in late, and it would have saved us time if we had brought them in sooner.

Overall Score Their transparency and communication are very positive.
    They were flexible, on time, and easy to work with.
    The value they provided was very high, and their rates were fair.
    The quality of their visuals was good, but they were strongest in building out the functionality of the application.
    They are a perfect fit for certain use cases.

AR App Dev for Semiconductor Company

“They were very smart about the budget, and the results were very good.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

Extality built an AR app for a semiconductor company to boost customer understanding of a new product. The finished product works on both iOS and Android.

Durham, North Carolina
Director of Integrative Marketing, Semiconductor Company

The visuals possess a good degree of realism, and Extality exceeded all expectations. Everything was custom built, and they delivered the app ahead of schedule. They made suggestions that improved upon the original scope, and they were open to last-minute changes.

We make semiconductor chips that go into refrigerators, beds, fans, and other products for heating and cooling. I'm the director of integrated marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Extality?

We make a small countertop freezer. It is the first of its kind, so we were battling the mental image that most people have when they think of a freezer. We partnered with Extality to convey the form, factor, and UX of the freezer to our audience.

They helped clarify what the product looked like and how it worked. They developed AR and a publicly available app for iOS and Android. The product is a marketing and sales asset. They used code that allowed a variety of Android and Apple phones to work with the visuals they created, and they produced a good level of realism.

I had two main points of contact, and the whole team was made up of about five individuals.

How did you come to work with Extality?

I started with a web search for AR vendors. I spoke with a few, but had trouble finding an agency that could do exactly what I wanted. About a month later, they emailed me through LinkedIn. I'm not sure how they found me, but they helped me understand the timelines and the quality they could produce.

We spent between $30,000-$35,000.

We started working together around July 2019. The project is complete, but we haven't launched yet. We're very likely to work together again.

Since we haven't launched, we don't have any metrics to share yet. They did exceed all our expectations.

How did Extality perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very clear about the timeline and milestones, and they finished faster than we expected. The process was very timely, and they managed the project very well.

They made sure that everything was just right. We made some last-minute tweaks, and they worked very hard to deliver everything we wanted. The final product was much more interesting than our original ideas, and they were willing to go a little outside of scope. They were very smart about the budget, and the results were very good.

The work we did was fairly new in the market, and we may be the first group to make this kind of app. Some of the technical requirements with Apple weren't well documented, and we hit a few snags along the way. As they do more, they will tighten their process. Most of their projects are custom, and I know that they will continue to improve as they move forward.

The costs were much lower than I thought they would be.

Augmented Reality Dev for Construction Company

They really make an amazing team.”

Jun. 2019 - Ongoing

Extality produced and delivered augmented reality assets for a construction company. A team of engineers and programmers worked from Autodesk models to create products to be viewed with a Magic Leap headset.

Ifeanyi Nzewi
Manager, Virtual Design & Construction, Construction Company

Extality demonstrated an incredible commitment to the client by delivering a demo of the project even before any guarantee of collaboration. The talented team has been proactive in the development process and has delivered assets that enable the business to envision their industry in a unique way.

I’m the manager of virtual design and construction for the northern California branch of Clark Construction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Extality?

We were seeking technology to visualize our exact working conditions which would help us better plan our construction logistics and materials.

The team created augmented reality models based on construction sequencing. While they had proprietary software that they use, we provided them with Autodesk models, which they viewed with a Magic Leap headset.

I worked with all of the company’s main players. Arash (Co-Founder, Extality) was my primary point of contact, here in the Bay Area. He lives in the Pacific region, so he’s able to come out and troubleshoot if there are any issues.

I also worked with Samantha (Partnerships Manager, Extality) and Volker (Co-Founder & CTO, Extality) who is the head of the engineering team. I’ve recently been introduced to Michel (CEO, Extality), as well.

How did you come to work with Extality?

We’ve been seeking technological solutions because we wanted to introduce state-of-the-art technology into our company. I was researching augmented reality products and was incidentally contacted by Samantha. She initially suggested a VR project, but we handle VR in-house. Then, she sent us a slide deck of their augmented reality offering, which encapsulated all that we had been looking for. Our partnership began then.

We’ve spent less than $80,000 for this project.

We began working with them in June 2019, and the work is still ongoing. They’ve completed phase one of our project, and we liked it so much that we’re looking forward to integrating this technology into more of our projects moving forward.

Their work has enabled us to visualize our field in a different way. Since construction hasn’t seen the same strides in technology that other industries have, it’s gotten us excited again about the ways we can utilize new technology to make our work easier.

The project has also allowed us to market ourselves better. When clients view this product offering, it can set us apart because it shows that we’re thinking about the specific challenges that they might face, in a new and unique way.

How did Extality perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve always been very proactive, and they always meet the deadlines that we set for them. In a few instances we’ve set really aggressive deadlines, and they’ve let us know in advance whether they can meet it or not.

They’ve been very accessible and happy to help in any way, no matter how challenging. They show an outstanding investment in their projects and a level of trust that indicates their hunger to work with us. I suspect we’ll be working with them for a very long time.

At the outset of our partnership, they requested a retainer. Since we hadn’t seen a sample or model of their actual work, that decision seemed to be too risky. We asked for a demo before committing to our collaboration, and they delivered that spec on their own without asking us to pay for it.

Their engineers produced an augmented reality model—of our project—with no promise of payment. That showcased their commitment to clients which really blew me away.

I’d also like to point out that they have a team that’s comprised of extremely knowledgeable members. All of the teammates have different strengths and areas of expertise, and they’re really good at what they do. They really make an amazing team.

Since most of their engineering team operates in Europe, there’s a little bit of a time disconnect. So it was slightly complicated to set up meetings where everyone could talk at the same time. While that circumstance does pose some logistical problems, we’ve been able to work around it so far.

Bronze