Award winning development ...without the pricetag.

Equaleyes is in the business of making your business work better. With our feet planted in solid test-driven development and our eyes always looking to what's coming next - we apply the same rigour to your project as we do to our own.

As part of our journey, we joined the first Wayra London batch in 2012 and won UnLtd Big Venture Challenge and Nominet Trust/Founders Forum competitions in 2013. As our developer base grew, we've taken the company into our core strength of software development services. As part of this evolution, we've matured with and are fully integrated with the London entrepreneurial scene and understand the needs and mentality of the digital economy in the capital.

Our value proposition is pretty simple - we deliver world-class code without the price tag. These are the technologies we excel at:

Backend:

HTML 5

CSS

Mobile:

Android - Java

iOS - Swift, Objective-c (deprecated)

Cloud:

MongoDB, Object Rocket

MsSQL

Postgres

MySQL

You can visit us at www.equaleyes.com for more info or email us at [email protected] for a free quote on your project.

• Equaleyes Solutions Ltd.
    37 Heneage Street
    London E1 5LJ
    +44 20 812 314 37
  • Equaleyes Solutions Ltd.
    Ulica škofa Maksimilijana Držečnika 6, 2000 Maribor

NovaKBM

and more...

minicabit case study

Equaleyes case study

Case study for the Equaleyes accessibility app

Zone V case study

Case study for a mobile application optimised specifically to the needs of the blind and visually impaired.

Better Ideas Faster

NKBM

Macys Case Study

PixelPin case study

Website for Speech Therapy Platform

“They surpassed my expectations.”

June - Sept. 2017

Equaleyes built a custom website for delivering speech and language therapy. They integrated Amazon Web Services and multimedia APIs into the website.

Zoe Peden
CEO, Iris Speaks

They delivered a high-quality site within a tight deadline, resulting in immediate revenue. Equaleyes’ expertise, efficiency, and responsiveness have led to additional projects.

I am the founder and CEO of Iris Speaks. We are digitizing the delivery of speech and language therapy.

For what projects/services did your company hire Equaleyes Solutions Ltd.?

I hired them to develop the website for our telehealth service.

I had seen and admired their work for other companies. Since I knew that they had good communication and would adhere to my deadline, I chose them.

It was a small project. Initially, I gave them the wireframes and designs of the screens. I also set up user testing at different stages of development. I asked them to use Amazon Web Services (AWS) because I had some credits, as well as APIs for TokBox and a whiteboard solution. They found the APIs and built everything.

A team of three executed everything over a four-month period. I was in touch with just one contact person.

They surpassed my expectations. I wanted to go live in October, so they didn't have long to get the project completed, but they managed to do it all within this time period. We now have paying clients through the telehealth service and plan to develop more features with Equaleyes in the future.

We had weekly meetings over Slack, where we had our own communications channel. We also used Trello to keep track of progress.

We greatly appreciated their responsiveness and communications skills.

None that I can think of at the moment. It's the first time I've outsourced, and this experience has shown me how cost-effective it can be. Despite a remote setup, the communication was still effective.

Overall Score I am using them again for my next project.
    There were no issues at all with scheduling. Any delays were communicated well, so I was able to manage them.
    It was great value for money, compared to hiring developers in London.
    We have no complaints at all.
    I have already done so.

Mobile App Dev for Picture Password Company

“They’re specialist mobile developers, so they really know what they're doing."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Equaleyes worked on iOS and Android mobile apps for a picture password company. The scope of work grew over the project as they took on more responsibilities, adding new functionalities and design updates.

London, England
Luke Briner
CTO, PixelPin

Equaleyes’ team were proactive, communicative, and trustworthy partners, who executed the project effectively and on-time. The app works well, and has been downloaded several hundred times already.

Introduce your business and what you do there

PixelPin produced a login system that uses pictures instead of passwords, predominantly for use on websites or mobile applications. All of the work that we do is geared around that system. We have a cloud version and on-premise versions as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Equaleyes Solutions?

We did not have the development bandwidth to produce high-quality mobile applications. Our team was mainly only two developers, and I was one of those. With the amount of work that we had, the mobile development was getting left behind as we were updating the cloud system and changing designs. We needed mobile apps for both iOS and Android.

Before they were contracted to do the work, I had done the original mobile applications. We gave them the code we already had, and told them we needed it to look like a web app. We also needed visual improvements, and we needed it to be done using all the latest libraries, plugins, and iOS and Android versions. The original piece of work was really just to bring this up to speed and make it look the same.

As we got to trust them over time and have a good experience using them as a contractor, they had more input in terms of where software needs improving or updating. It’s become more of a conversation rather than being one-sided. As time has gone by, they've been developing the same apps but have been doing design updates and adding functionality to them. When we added two-factor logins, for instance, we got those guys to build the two-factor functionality into the app that they'd already developed.

The most recent piece of work that they've completed is a login protocol called FIDO, which is something that PayPal, Google, others have really been pushing for. We contracted Equaleyes to implement the FIDO as part of our application. There wasn't much to do in terms of frontend development because it was already done, but it was a case of implementing specifications from FIDO and interpreting them into units of work.

The bulk of their development team, about 20 people, is based in Slovenia at the minute. They have a shared office in London, but as far as I understand, that's much more on the business development and project management.

How did you come to work with Equaleyes Solutions?

We actually met them in London, when we were both members of a startup incubator called Wayra.

We’ve invested around $10,000–50,000 with them.

We’ve been working with them since December 2016.

Because the mobile app has always been a little bit on the back-burner, we don't have any customers who use the mobile app as a login.

There are around a several hundred downloads, but we don’t know user demographics. We get very few crash reports. Most of the things that we see crash, we see that at the test stage and they don't make it to the release. Any of the bits that don't work properly are probably my fault anyway because I write the backend.

How did Equaleyes Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

They've been a great company in terms of owning the project that they've got. They don’t ask you questions every 10 minutes. We trust them with our mobile app; they know what it is that we're trying to do and how we're trying to get there.

If we have a piece of work done, they send us either an APK to upload to Google Play, or they will put an iOS application either on iTunes or onto TestFlight for us so that can be tested and released.

The main thing that really sets them apart is they're just a very low-friction company. They're very accommodating, positive, and pro-active, so it's never any trouble.

At no point has Equaleyes ever been a problem for us. They've never been greedy, slow, or produced poor quality. They’re specialist mobile developers, so they really know what they're doing and they care about their work.

I think that they seem to be a company that has a little bit of an inferiority complex; that they don’t have as much confidence as they should. For our point of view, that's not a problem, but I think it is possible that would come across in some of the meetings they might have with customers. I think they need to really believe in themselves because what they've done for us has been great, and the people who work there are great.

Advice for potential customers?

They’ve been very proactive and trustworthy in terms of owning the project and owning what needs to be done. These guys know what they are doing, so trust them in that. They're not impulsive. They're not going to do crazy stuff without asking you first. Go meet them and get to know them. If you're going to visit them, they'll treat you well, and you'll get to learn that they are great guys who know what they're doing. Just trust them to do what you want them to do.

Overall Score I have no complaints at all about them.
    They've never delivered late.
    They are good value for money.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Ongoing Support and Dev for Online Food Marketplace

"The one area that they could improve on is communication."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Equaleyes Solutions is contracted to provide support and ongoing development for upgrades to a pre-existing e-commerce platform.

Campbell Murray
CEO, Takestock

With a team of 2 – 3 developers, Equaleyes was able to learn the platform’s code and has made over 12 upgrades to it so far without any downtime. Their team produces clean code and provides valuable input on how to do things.

I’m the CEO and founder of Takestock, a digital market for the food industry that is much like a private eBay.

For what projects/services did your company hire Equaleyes Solutions?

Our system is a complex marketplace. We built it in-house with contractors but needed flexible support and an ongoing development partner beyond that.

Our main goal is to enable a constant development pipeline for our customers.

I had worked with them previously.

We already had the system up and running so this was more of a handover of the existing platform. They had to reverse learn our code in order to support the business. Since then, we’ve released more than a dozen upgrades to the platform without any outages.

They provided a flexible team structure with 2 – 3 developers.

How effective was the project management?

Equaleyes is highly focused on clean code and they tend to stay quiet until they have a solid solution or proposal to share. That said, they are very good at coming up with value-added input and at suggesting ways of doing things rather than the traditional model where the code is delivered requiring many iterations to refine it.

What’s most impressive about them is the breadth and depth of their coding skills.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

The one area that they could improve on is communication—they tend to go quiet until they have a solution regardless of expectations of an update. I would, however, highly recommend them to anyone looking for a flexible development partner.