Web development company specializing in ecommerce

End Point is a full-service ecommerce consultancy. We have the expertise and knowledge to choose the right tools, look at the big picture, and excel in all aspects of the industry.

Our Services:

• Ruby on Rails
  • Piggybak
  • Interchange
  • Spree

Database design, support, hosting, tuning:

• PostgreSQL Migrations

New York, NY 10010
    212.929.6923

• Disney
  • Google
  • U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
  • Puppet Labs
  • Musica Russica

End Point Ruby on Rails

End Point offers Ruby on Rails services to help your website succeed now while remaining easy to maintain and expand in the future.

Platform Development for B2B Project

"I am very satisfied with End Point. They are a fantastic company to work with."

2010 - 2015

EndPoint acted as a full technology team, taking charge of the entire development process from the platform’s inception point until the app was finished.

Boise, Idaho
Owner, B2B Platform

EndPoint performed admirably throughout the project and delivered high quality work every step of the way. The agency is timely, skilled, and communicative. EndPoint’s team has no weak links; every engineer is enthusiastic, hard-working, and capable.

I work for an online startup that has created a real-time on-demand web platform that helps many customers connect with providers of services.

I am the owner and founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

They helped develop an Uber-like platform for my company.

I worked with them for a period of about five years. They took my solution from its inception point to a full-fledged platform. They acted as my entire technology team, being in charge of the whole process.

How did you come to work with End Point?

I found them through research, referrals, and conversations with various companies. I was very diligent in my process, and looked at a number of candidates for getting my company off the ground. I made the decision to work with End Point, which proved to be a very good one. They were always outstanding.

The annual development cost was around $50,000-$200,000.

We started working together in 2010, building a minimum viable product. After that, I engaged in a marketing stage for it and continued enhancing my solution.

I am very satisfied with End Point. They are a fantastic company to work with. Their engineers are outstanding, their communication skills are excellent, and the delivery speed is great. I have nothing but good things to say about their company.

The minimum viable product was built within six to nine months, and over the course of five years, we continued to build the platform to a very robust, multi-tenant solution. It was licensed to major organizations and we experienced a degree of success on the business side. The technology itself was the most successful part, which is where End Point's role came in.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

Over the course of our five year collaboration, I had the pleasure of working with around a dozen of their employees. Every single one was of the very highest standard. They have a decentralized company in the sense that our team worked on an individual basis throughout the development.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

Different developers got involved depending on who was available at a particular time, but everyone there had skills of the highest standard.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

Not that I can think of. They're incredibly competent engineers, trustworthy, efficient, and fair. I am 100% percent satisfied with their company and would recommend them to any other business.

Software development is hard to estimate in this regard.

eCommerce Partnership for Tourism Marketing Company

"They're very dependable, delivering what they promise every time."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

End Point provides a variety of outsourced development services. The agency builds turnkey solutions for e-commerce web app hosting, maintains security and hardware, and orchestrates servers.

New York City Metro Area
Director of eCommerce, Tourism Marketing Company

As a result of End Point's involvement, online traffic has doubled to more than 13 million annual visitors and sales have hit all-time highs in the last two years. The team is responsive, available, and communicative and does not hesitate to make strategic suggestions.

We are an attraction marketing company. We're based in the largest cities in the United States, and also have a foothold in the international market. We bundle attraction tickets to the most iconic spots in places like New York City, Seattle, or Toronto. When a customer buys a city pass, they receive tickets to multiple different places and have customization options. The typical savings range from 30-50% of the retail admissions.

I am the vice president of e-commerce and the web team leader. My role is to acquire customers through our website, citypass.com. I am in charge of our website, which is our customer-facing shopping experience, and also of other online marketing channels for getting new customers.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

They've historically helped us with outsourced development needs, and also provided turnkey solutions for our e-commerce web app hosting, while also helping with security and hardware maintenance. We have a lot of servers and virtual machines which End Point helps orchestrate for us.

We've had a longstanding retainer with their company. Right now, we're working on a handful of projects, but End Point is mainly an extension of my staff. Some of their team members have been working with us for eight years or even more.

Their main job is helping us maintain and upgrade our e-commerce platform. Our order management system and the core e-commerce platform have been originally built by End Point. Over the years, we've customized our solutions highly in order to fit our business.

Many of their team members are instrumental in helping us keep doing everything that we need. Our business evolves and changes. They help us make sure that what we're building is up to snuff, and scales well with our company. We've grown considerably since we've hired them.

End Point has also helped us with some training and documentation. We're working on attaining a higher level of PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance. It's an important issue for any retailer which handles credit card data. Depending on how many transactions they make on a yearly basis, they will have to comply with different standards imposed by the credit card companies. There is a massive checklist of best practices that needs to be met in order to make sure that cardholder data is secure. End Point has been with us from the beginning and has helped us build this business, especially the online arm of CityPASS.

Right now, they're working on upgrading the security level of our servers to Transport Layer Security 1.2.

They're a very good partner for us. You never know how an inherited partnership is going to turn out, but End Point is very engaged and dependable, which is very important for me.

End Point hasn’t helped us with design work per se.

How did you come to work with End Point?

They predated me. Their team was referred to my company, but I'm not familiar with the selection process.

The yearly cost for their work is $100,000 or more.

Our relationship is ongoing, with no plans to stop. We work with End Point through a monthly agreement and receive invoices depending on the amount of work being done. In months with high volumes of upgrades and development, the pricing will scale up accordingly.

In the last four years, we've more than doubled our visit volume. Within the last two years, we've reached our all-time highs in terms of online sales. We receive more than 13 million visits to our website every year, so we need an infrastructure that can support it. End Point has been one of the main architects for our content caching system and the general calibration of our servers.

Over the last year, we've added the option to make purchases using Canadian Dollars. This makes a lot of sense, because Toronto is one of our cities of interest. Roughly 5% of our orders have been paid using CAD.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

I treat End Point like they're an extension of our team. They attend our team meetings and bi-weekly planning sessions where we plan what work we're going to do next. We also have team stand-up meetings in the morning. One of the members from End Point joins every one of those in order to give us an overview of our progress.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

I've worked with a lot of different service providers. Results can vary across the board. End Point is very transparent about what they're working on in terms of providing complete details. We don't have any surprises at the end of the month as a result. They're very dependable, delivering what they promise every time.

A lot of times, consultants will tell you what you want to hear, not what needs to be done. With End Point, we have a very strong relationship and I trust them to tell me what we really need to do, and not just grow projects for the sake of doing it. There have been times in which they've told us what direction our company needs to take, even though that may have meant less dependency on their services for customizations on our e-commerce platform. This is very unusual, but in a good way. End Point designs new architectures which makes it easier for us to control our own destiny. It can potentially reduce the amount of business they can get from us, but we've found that they evolved along with our business and have not been insecure about these types of decisions.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything offhand. I've been extremely satisfied with them, and the fact that we want them to be a part of our team is a testament to that.

Overall Score Their company deserves a maximum rating for the areas in which I've utilized them...We've used them strictly for back-end development, payment integration management, and analytics...I know that End Point will take care of any issues and vulnerabilities..
    They're very strong in this area.
    We are budget-conscious, but my impression is that End Point has saved us money by eliminating the need for internal dedicated resources in various areas. With their combined expertise, they provide us help in hosting and development...

e-Commerce Development for Commercial Printer

"End Point has developed a solution custom to our market and the clients we're going after."

2012 - Ongoing

EndPoint developed an online fulfillment website on a custom portal. The agency continues to provide maintenance and support services.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Owner, Commercial Printer

EndPoint delivered a smoothly functioning system that facilitates easy growth of a user base. They are efficient, transparent, and highly skilled. The agency charges a premium price, but the quality of their work matches their cost and EndPoint remains responsive and available, as well.

Our company does screen printing graphic design, mainly for apparel. We also offer online fulfillment for individuals and bulk ordering.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with End Point?

We have an interchange system that allows individuals as well as organizations to place orders. We cater to companies with multiple locations, having preprinted inventory in-house and a custom site on top of the interchange system, allowing their managers to order from our warehouse. We ship directly to each store. End Point has worked on this system for us.

We use them for the e-commerce fulfillment portion of our business, which is a separate system from our main site. End Point had built a system for another company I'd worked with. I licensed this existing system and made additional development on it using End Point.

How did you come to work with End Point?

I'd worked with them at a previous company and was always happy with the services they provided. I've contacted other web development companies as there are local shops that can be cheaper, but I've never quite felt happy with anyone else that we've talked to. I never had the confidence that those other companies could build a system that wouldn't break, especially in busy periods.

Our first two years of development totaled a cost of $10,000 to $50,000. For the ongoing work, we're spending less than $10,000.

I've worked with End Point for four years, and my previous company had an eight-year relationship with them. We're not doing much development work at this moment, but our relationship is completely ongoing. We are using an older system, but it works well, and we were always able to construct any missing features.

We're satisfied with the system. It has allowed us to grow our customer base. Most other printers do not hold preprinted inventory or offer our type of fulfillment. End Point has developed a solution custom to our market and the clients we're going after. This has been critical for us, and it will be more so in the upcoming years.

There haven't been any complaints, either from me or any of our users, other than issues to do with poor computer operation and user errors.

Our wholesale revenue, just through the online portal, has been $130,000, going from 0 percent to 7 to 8 percent of our total sales. Even though it's a niche for us, it has become a significant part of our sales, from being nothing in 2012 to now.

How did End Point perform from a project management standpoint?

We've never had any significant issues. If any little bugs turn up, End Point are quick to solve them. We've never moved away from them because they work extremely well.

What distinguishes End Point from other providers?

Their billing process is the most transparent of any vendor that I've worked with. I haven't done much work with other IT [information technology] firms but, even so, theirs stands out as being very detailed, broken down by quarter hours. It features not only headlines for the work they're doing, but also engineer explanations for each task. It was very nice to see. If I ever have a question, I can always refer back to the engineer entries in the billing.

Is there anything End Point could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything. Any issues would be more with me, not assigning the right level of importance for a task.

On the hourly side, they tend to be higher end, but are definitely worth it. You get what you pay for.

Outsourced Custom Application Development for Premier Think Tank

"The size of their organization allowed them to scale up and down in accordance with our project requirements."

June 2009 - Ongoing

End Point provided custom development services for a University’s writing application. The team worked in a range of capacities, from very guided and strict to creative and unmonitored.

Boston Metro Area
Director of Technology

All projects that the team has worked on have had great results. End Point is a larger firm, with a large capacity and various offices, which is convenient for foreign projects. The team takes feedback well and adjusts their working style to fit specific needs.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

Our organization is a research entrepreneurial organization housed in a top-tier university. We study how technology has affected various parts of our society. I run the IT department in our organization. We deal with development and maintenance of the various tools that the researchers use.

I’m the director of technology.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you initiated the relationship with End Point?

One of the very first initiatives was the custom development of a writing application. Our development tasks were somewhat scattered and unpredictable. We had a lot of work and then we’d have very little work. It really wasn’t consistent at all. Instead of staffing up and staffing down, we chose to work with third-party developers. One of the companies that we worked with, End Point, helped smooth out many of those lumpy periods. Having a reliable, external development team was the real impetus behind searching for a technology partner like End Point.

Could you describe the scope of the work End Point was responsible for?

We worked closely with them on a variety of levels. One of the levels is a partnership with our application developers in which they will work on specific modules or specific sections of code that can be easily delegated. We also work with them on a much higher level, which is we ask them to go from a conceptual design to the complete deployment of an application or tool. They’ve functioned in all capacities in between. They really augment our team when we need additional resources to deal with large and complex project.

How did you select End Point as your solution partner?

We had inside knowledge of their working because I’d previously hired one of their developers. Having that knowledge made End Point an easy pick. I was well aware of their internal expertise and capabilities.

Could you provide the sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

The cost varies largely based upon the size of the project and the tasks we delegate to them. I’m thinking around $527,000 during the course of 2013.

How long have you maintained a relationship with End Point?

We have been working with them for almost five consecutive years.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

As for user feedback, we’ve worked with them on a variety of projects, and the results are typically great. I don’t know any specific feedback that I could mention, and I don’t have any specific statistics. The only anecdote I could give you is the fact that we continue to give them more work. I don’t foresee that changing anytime soon.

When working with End Point, is there anything you’d consider special or unique about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors you’ve work with?

One great attribute is their size and their distribution across the U.S. and the world, which is an advantage for the various projects taking place foreign time zones. The size of their organization allowed them to scale up and down in accordance with our project requirements. That kind of capacity has made a real difference for us.

In retrospect, are there areas you think End Point could improve upon as a service provider, or are there things you’d do differently as the client before initiating a project with them?

In some cases, they tend to take a more efficient approach to problem solving. While that’s great in terms of saving money, they could take a more refined approach, in my opinion. There were a few times that we had to go back to them and say, “We need to think this over a bit more, because this approach is incorrect.” Once they had that feedback, and they understood a specific aspect, or a specific feature, they were able to rethink their solution and deliver a better product.

They’ve always completed work within our allotted timeframe.
    I’ve already referred them several times.

Custom Ruby on Rails Development for Mobile Device Refurbishing Startup

"When I have something substantial, they’re my go-to people for Web development and design."

End Point created a website to promote the refurbishing of mobile phone handsets. The team focused on developing a usable and aesthetically pleasing site while also working on SEO.

Salt Lake City Metro Area
Former Consultant, Mobixa

The site’s conversion rates were excellent, and the quality of the site was fantastic. End Point has a large talent pool to utilize and excels at thinking strategically to solve clients’ problems. The team is communicative and reliable, which has been the basis of this long-term relationship.

Could you describe your former organization?

I was working as a consultant for Mobixa, sort of an acting chief technology officer. Mobixa was a new division or project, if you will, that was a part of a larger company that refurbishes mobile phone handsets.

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address at the time you initiated the relationship with End Point?

Being a brand new business in a crowded space, it was very important that the site had extremely good usability and was aesthetically pleasing. We were essentially a startup trying to compete with some well-established market players. It was important that we felt like we were running with the big boys. We were also trying to move into the state-of-the art realm in terms of usability and functionality. There was considerable SEO [search engine optimization] involved in their marketing plan, so we had to make sure all of our content was optimized for it.

Could you describe the scope of this project? For instance, did it involve custom visual design, backend development, training, and support?

We used a wide breadth of services from End Point. I’ve been working with End Point for a long time on various projects. When I have something substantial, they’re my go-to people for Web development and design. I’ve known some of the guys at End Point for a very long time. They came up with some very ingenious and inexpensive ways of rapid prototyping our idea. Working with them, I was able to get a prototype of our idea in just a week or two in order to prove the concept for the client. From there, the scope kept increasing, and End Point was able to bring more and more people in different disciplines onboard. We had a project manager, we had a couple of Ruby developers, and we had a frontend developer and a graphic designer. By the end of it, End Point had contributed to each and every component of the project.

How did you select End Point as your solution partner?

As I’d mentioned, I’ve been working with them for quite a while. I can barely recall how I was first introduced to them, but I think it was through some basic research and word-of-mouth guidance.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

In total, it cost between $60,000 and $65,000.

When was the project completed?

I’m going to say it was probably finished 18 months ago. Not last fall, but the fall before that [in 2012].

The conversion rates that we observed from the visitors to the site were very good. Unfortunately, the underlying business did not ultimately succeed. The parent company that was investing in this went out of business for reasons unrelated to our project. We were never able to see it come to full fruition. The marketing resources that they were budgeting for were never brought to bear. But, all early indications were very positive, and as I'd mentioned, the quality of work was fantastic.

When working with End Point, is there anything you’d consider special or unique about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors you’ve worked with?

The main thing that sets them apart is the quality of their work and their talent pool. Most of the time that you’re going to hire a consulting firm for outsourced software engineering or Web development, you aren’t going to get the caliber of developer that you’d get with End Point. I have a lot of experience working with external development teams, and End Point is in a class by itself. I’ve never had an issue with quality, and their developers are more than code monkeys. They’re strategic thinkers with the ability to solve complex problems from the client’s standpoint.

In retrospect, are there areas you think they could improve upon as a service provider, or things you’d do differently as the client before initiating a project of this nature?

Right out the gate, we did have a little stumble where the guy that I’d been working with at the start, the one that came up with some very ingenious solutions, abruptly left the firm and left us hanging. Several days went by, and I hadn’t heard from him. I was left wondering what’s going on. It wasn’t long before another member of the End Point team reached out and apologized on their behalf and explained the situation. They were able to make it right fairly quickly, and we didn’t end up losing a lot of momentum, but it was rather unnerving right at the beginning. That said, I don’t think there as anything they could have done to prevent those circumstances.

Very willing.