Trust your developers

Bronze

Childish is a software development company. Our name comes from our values – we admire and preach honesty and creativity in business, hence we treat our clients this way. Someone may call this childish but we know that this is what makes greatest things happen.

We are a team of 23 developers and business experts each one with more than 10 years of experience. We help companies turn ideas into realities and improve their products and services by filtering every step of the development process through the eyes of the client.

The childish belief that gathered us together is the belief that we should give back to society, this is why our company is designed as 50% owned by one of the most meaningful NGOs in Bulgaria in the recent years – Podarete kniga / Give a Book Foundation. A fact that does not make a difference to the clients, but makes our developers motivated to give their best.

2018
  • 18-22 Finchley Rd
    London NW86EB
  • Edgewater 2
    Chicago, IL 60625

Contract management system Image

Contract management system

React.JS development for a contract and relations management system in the construction industry.

Client management system Image

Client management system

Custom business software for management of clients and projects, accessible by different levels of employees and partners with different rights over different areas.

https://www.sportalaxy.com/ Image

A platform for football betting and tipsters, based on multiple APIs and broad database.

https://www.knigovishte.bg/ Image

Online gamification platform for testing children`s knowledge on read books. Multiple levels of proviles, complex database structure.

Web Design & Dev for Betting Platform

"They did everything we asked for, and even came up with some good ideas that we hadn’t thought of."

Mar. - Sept. 2019

Childish created a website for a sports news business. They also created an admin panel, using specified requirements for each stage.

Ilian Antonov
CEO, Crinitus Ltd.

The work was completed on time and perfectly matched expectations, both in terms of quality and price. Childish was a capable partner, communicating with intent and ensuring all requirements were understood. Their involvement and ability to work smoothly were key traits of the team.

I’m the owner of a company in Bulgaria within the sports news industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Childish?

They created a website for us.

Childish created our website and the admin panel we use to operate it. To start, we had a conversation where I explained exactly what we needed. We had a lot of communication to make sure everything was clear and that they were familiar with our needs. From there, they started to create the basics of the website.

I worked with the software developer and business manager, but I’m not sure how many others were involved.

How did you come to work with Childish?

Since we wanted such a large, complex website, most companies rejected our project. However I knew someone from the Childish team and knew I wanted to work with a company in Bulgaria, so I contacted them.

The total cost was between $10,000–$12,000. They stuck to our initial budget, and we made some changes for parts that weren’t in the original project.

We worked with Childish from around March–September 2019.

They did everything we asked for, and even came up with some good ideas that we hadn’t thought of. We implemented their suggestions and the website design came out better than we expected, with better functionality.

How did Childish perform from a project management standpoint?

It was easy to work with them. We kept in contact throughout the project. We spoke a lot in the beginning, especially to explain exactly what we needed. After that, we spoke just when something new was needed. I had direct contact with the developer, so I didn’t need to connect with the manager first, which would’ve made the process more complicated.

I appreciated that they made suggestions on new things that we could do. They worked fast, especially in the beginning, and we were able to launch the site when we wanted to. I hope to work with them on other projects.

I don’t have anything in mind — we were really satisfied with their work.

Clients need to know exactly what they want. If they explain everything they want to happen, Childish will be able to do it.

Overall Score It was easy to communicate and work with them on such a big project. They knew what we wanted to happen and gave us suggestions.
    The budget we discussed in the beginning was the final price.
    I was really satisfied with how our website turned out.
    I’ve already referred them to someone, and I’ll surely do it again if another colleague needs something.

SalesForce Dev for Manufacturing Facility

"They are very flexible and agreeable."

Jan. - Dec. 2019

Childish provided front- and backend development with Python and Angular. Their team supplied UX design and integrated it with the backend.

Bulgaria
Sofia Ivanova
COO, BG industries

Childish created an internally working system. Their communication and project management was effective. They were very flexible and

We own a manufacturing facility in Bulgaria and sell our products to clients worldwide, and I as COO deal with the client relations, for which we decided to develop our own client management system.

For what projects/services did your company hire Childish?

Our team had worked with SalesForce before, so the challenge was to make a system that is simpler without disrupting the rationale they are used to in the SalesForce.

To make a simple front-end which works with complex database in the back-end.

They were referred to us by their previous client.

They developed both the front-end and the back-end from scratch, which included a team of Python and Angular developers, as well as UX designer.

Two Python Django developers, one Angular, one PM, one QA and one UX designer.

The result was a working internal system, which in the long term will lead to saving from SalesForce fees and will allow us to be more flexible.

The PM was quite active and dealing with all communication flows so we were very happy with the work of the team. Our plan was to finish it for 10 months, however in the course of development we had more ideas for additions, so it went to 12 months but the extension was due to our requests, Childish delivered all stages on time.

They seem to put the client first and really do gestures which are not typical for a vendor but rather for a colleague. Like getting an external advisor without charging us for that to advice on an issue we had doubts how to proceed.

They are very flexible and agreeable, any requests or recommendations were responded immediately.

Overall Score Great team with great attitude to clients. Sometimes I thought that they do not work for the money but for the joy of creating a good product.
    They were flexible and always aligning to our schedule.
    Very cost efficient
    A very professional team.
    I would recommend them 100%

Frontend React.JS for Construction SaaS Company

"The developer they found delivered quite quickly and didn’t waste any time."

May - Sept. 2019

Childish sourced a developer specializing in ReactJS for the client. Their team also provided project management support throughout the development.

11- 50 Employees

Co-founder, SaaS Company

The developer that Childish found produced high-quality code that contributed to the growth of the business. The team had frequent meetings and the project was well organized as a result of Childish’s efforts.

I am one of the co-founders of a SaaS company. We’re building a SaaS solution for the construction industry which will help streamline commercial workflows. I am acting as the CEO, but I’m also involved in product and software development because we are still a relatively small team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Childish?

Last year, we finalized the development of our wireframes and the concept of our product. We had started our first line of code, but we quickly noticed that even though internally we had the knowledge, we didn’t have the capacity to fully develop both the frontend and backend. We started to look for a partner that could support the initial development of the frontend.

We wanted to build the frontend in React.JS. A lot of other companies we talked to wanted us to do it in Angular. When I connected with the founder of Childish, we discussed the requirements and had a back and forth with him and the CTO. We quickly realized that my requirements were around React.JS and their capabilities were around Angular.

I thought that it might be a dead-end, but then they called me back and said they would go to the market and look for someone who is a React specialist and hire them. We sat down and defined a one-page list of requirements for that person, and they went out and took a couple of weeks to interview and find someone.

Once we agreed on a candidate, they onboarded him quite quickly. They also got a contractor who was spending one hour every week to check everything was going well.

The founder oversaw the project and made sure we were on track. We also worked with a developer and a subcontractor who focused on architectural design. On one or two occasions, their CTO was involved as well to oversee the process.

How did you come to work with Childish?

One of my colleagues made the connection initially with Childish as he was friends with the founder. We interviewed several companies and freelancers on Upwork as well.

I felt on Upwork there was a language barrier with a lot of the people. I then decided to focus on companies in the UK so that I could go to their offices and speak with them in-person, or a company in Bulgaria as I am Bulgarian and can speak the language. Finding companies in the UK turned out to be a bit more expensive as we were an early-stage startup.

We ended up interviewing three or four companies in Bulgaria. I thought they were all pretty capable, but we didn’t align with the other companies’ timelines. Childish was able to deliver that software developer quite quickly and we agreed on the timeline, so we decided it made sense for us to go with them.

We spent between £20,000–£30,000 (approximately $22,000 - $33,000 USD).

We worked with them from May–September 2019.

It was very valuable to us that they interviewed the people who were going to work on our project because it saved us a lot of time.

After they completed their development, we showed the demo to potential customers and we are now very close to signing as clients.

We’re now managing the frontend in-house, but it’s easy for us to go into the code and understand how things are moving because of their high-quality development work.

How did Childish perform from a project management standpoint?

Their CTO knew how to run projects well so the initial meeting where we set up intervals and our bi-weekly calls went smoothly. It would’ve been nice if we could see them in person because I think it is always difficult to communicate as we were in the UK and they are in Bulgaria.

The project was organized through weekly sprints. On Monday mornings we had meetings to discuss the sprints. We also had 15-minute huddles with the developer on Wednesdays and Fridays.

We spoke to the founder, who took on more of a project manager role, on occasions where someone needed to take a vacation or if we needed to change the timeline.

The most impressive thing about them was their ability to find and interview the developer. They took that burden off of me since I’ve never been in a situation where I needed to hire a developer before. The developer they found delivered quite quickly and didn’t waste any time.

Sometimes, communication with the developer was more difficult and I had to repeat some things many times. Once he understood, he was very quick to deliver. However, for our first experience with an outsourcing company, I think everything went well.

In general, make sure all the requirements are flushed out and everyone understands what needs to be delivered. We had that in place from the beginning and I think that is why they delivered things quickly.

Things were pretty smooth and we had regular meetings.
    They were quite well priced. However, there were cheaper vendors I could've chosen, but I am not sure how the quality would’ve been.
    I think the code quality was impressive.
    I’ve already referred them to someone.

PHP Gamification Platform Dev for Educational Company

"They made everything we wanted, working cleanly and efficiently with no mistakes."

July 2018 - January 2019

Childish developed an educational gaming platform for the client. They used PHP and built the platform from scratch.

Iskra Djanabetska
Co-Founder, Knigovishte.bg

Childish successfully developed a solution for the client. Their team continues to provide updates and add new features. The site runs smoothly, even when there are lots of visitors at once. Communication was easy and Childish was accommodating.

I’m the co-founder of Knigovisthe.bg. It is a gamified educational platform in Bulgaria aimed at 1st-7th graders.

What challenge were you trying to address with Childish?

We needed the platform to be built for us.

They worked in PHP to build the platform from scratch. They continue to maintain it and add new features. There have been several ad-hoc changes made.

We worked with Blagovesta (CEO) and Andrey (CTO).

How did you come to work with Childish?

I knew one of the founders already. However, we still interviewed and heard pitches from several companies. We met with Childish a couple of times to discuss the project. I liked their organization of ideas and that half of their profits go to a cause.

We spent around €20,000 (approximately $22,000).

We worked together from July 2018 – January 2019.

The platform runs smoothly. During peak times of competition, we had around 100,000 people answering and working on the site, and the site responded successfully. It was a great experience for us.

Andrey also offered options in creating the gamification so children would stay online longer and return to their profiles.

How did Childish perform from a project management standpoint?

Their performance was excellent. We communicated daily, primarily through email and over the phone. They were available through social media platforms, as well.

They never said no to any of our ideas. We presented tasks to them and they translated them into the best language for the platform. They made everything we wanted, working cleanly and efficiently with no mistakes.

No, we are satisfied with their work.

Give them a chance to pitch and you’ll be impressed.

Bronze