Just High-Quality Software

At BROS, we empower companies big and small with high-quality, cost-effective software.

Our specialties are custom software for large organizations and quick, lean MVPs for product validation.

We’re based in Uruguay, the Silicon Valley of South America and trusted by a variety of well-known American companies, and our digital products have touched millions of users collectively.

Clients include: Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, the Uruguayan Chamber of Commerce, Cutcsa (largest public transit company in Uruguay), and Mad Libs (yes, *the* Mad Libs).

What our clients have to say:

“There are coders and there are passionate perfectionists, and in BROS they are definitely passionate engineers. They see every initiative not just as "make the buttons work" but as an opportunity to develop the best user experience, strongest use of technology and a passion for perfection not often seen in today's development community.”

– B Randall Willis, President of Ironpaper

“BROS is the most reliable and trustworthy team I have ever worked with. Their commitment to quality and attention to detail is unsurpassed.”

– Jenn Castro-Song, Producer for The Metropolitan Museum of Art and Google

Interested in working together?

Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Montevideo, Uruguay

Penguin Random House MadLibs Simon & Schuster Wotson Generativ Ironpaper Chamber of Commerce of Uruguay CUTCSA(Uruguayan MTA) Socialwyze

Socialwyze Image

Socialwyze

A gig economy Public Jobs Platform.

Society pays a hefty back-end price for joblessness via crime, expanded welfare programs, and a vicious cycle of generational poverty. AI and automation are set to severely exacerbate the problem. Socialwyze is a technology solution helping governments provide barrier-free public works jobs to displaced laborers.

Wotson: Share Movies With Friends Image

Wotson: Share Movies With Friends

Wotson is the easiest way to find something you want to watch, and it’s easiest to keep your friends updated about what you watch.

Features:

• Scroll through a database with more than 470.000 movies and TV shows.
  • Filter the titles by categories and genres.
  • See what your group of friends thinks about a movie.
  • See where title is available for buy, rent
or stream.
  • Post new titles with a tag and comment.
  • Send and receive private recommendations.
  • Keep a private or public Watchlist.
  • See your friend’s profile, and see matching titles with that friend. Also, see categories by their reactions and their Watchlist.
  • See a unique rating system that is based on people you follow.

Mad Libs

Mad Libs is a phrasal template word game where one player prompts others for a list of words to substitute for blanks in a story, before reading the – often comical or nonsensical – story aloud. The game is frequently played as a party game or as a pastime.

The game was invented in the United States, and more than 110 million copies of Mad Libs books have been sold since the series was first published in

1958.

BROS was hired by Penguin Random House via Ivory Digitals, to work in both the website and the UI of the app. Some of the biggest challenges for this project involved the used of interactive animations that should behave responsively and adapt for the different viewports (mobile, tablet and desktop)

Cutcsa Image

Cutcsa

CUTCSA is the biggest public transportation company in Uruguay. And this is the most consumed webapp for consulting real-time bus routes and schedule in Uruguay.

With more than ​5170 bus lines​ variations, our tasks during the development of this project consisted in the following:

• Create an efficient procedure to import the 5170+ bus lines from the API into a local DB for quick access.
    • Locally store
    the paths and routes of those bus lines that were in a 500m radio from the user’s position in order to avoid mobile data consumption.
  • Pairing real-time position coming from those buses with built-in GPS devices with the schedule chronogram in order to determine the estimated delay of each bus.
  • Daily exportation task to periodically generate backups of the paths for each line in JSON format (for easy migration).
  • Including frequent position-checking to cut the street lines properly
  • Reviews

Product Dev for Public Jobs Platform

“My startup is the essence of who I am. They appreciate that and care for my company as much as I do.”

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

BROS is developing the app for a job placement platform. Working from detailed documentation and wireframes, they support a stack that includes React Native, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL.

Dallas, Texas
    Founder, Socialwyze

Though the app is still in development, iterations are very detailed. BROS is establishing a strong foundation for the platform, and they stay ahead of major tech trends. They provide valuable suggestions and creative input, they communicate clearly, and the relationship is strong.

We're a gig economy platform that helps governments pay homeless people to do public benefit work and transition back into the workforce. It's a mobile app with React Native on the frontend, with TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL on the API layer, and PostgreSQL server on the backend. I'm founder and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with BROS?

We hired them to help develop the app.

They did everything for us, and they were excited about the product. I had a development game plan and a mapped-out database, and they went above and beyond to dig into the details. They made sure I considered all the contingencies, and they worked with the roadmap and high-fidelity wireframes. The documents they produced were extremely detailed, and they reconciled all the pieces I gave them. Our iterations were very detailed, and they always made sure they understood what I meant.

We work with three individuals, including their owner.

How did you come to work with BROS?

We completed an exhaustive search for developers, and we interviewed several shops and potential technical co-founders. I had an incredible experience with BROS from the moment our designer introduced us, and the technology stack they offered was ideal. They had a lot of experience with both JavaScript and React Native, which was good for our budget.

As of now, we've spent about $40,000.

We started working together in September or October 2019, and the collaboration is ongoing.

We're still in development, but I rate them very highly. I would hire them again with no question, and I think of them as a friend. My startup is the essence of who I am. They appreciate that and care for my company as much as I do.

How did BROS perform from a project management standpoint?

Our experience with them is phenomenal, and we’ve had an excellent relationship from the beginning. They use my project management tools, specifically Airbase. No other development shop communicates as clearly as they do. I'm impressed by how willing they were to incorporate GraphQL, which is a big upgrade over REST APIs. They're keenly aware of tech decisions major players make, and they stay at the forefront in the industry.

They do much more than just complete requirements. They ask a series of detailed questions to make sure I've thought of all the contingencies. They add their own suggestions, and they provide a lot of creative input. We also face no language barrier, and working with them is like I was working with someone right across the street. The proximity of time zones is convenient, and our experience is very different from most outsourcing stories I hear.

I don't have anything they should improve.

They will build more than just an MVP. They will establish your foundation, and you'll want to keep the structures they provide throughout the entirety of your business. They are meticulous in their documentation, and they will make it easy to facilitate a handoff to an eventual in-house development team.

Web Design for App Development Company

"Their level of strategic thinking was exceptional."

Mar. 2018 - Apr.

BROS managed frontend development of a website for a mobile app development company. Redirecting the messaging, the team executed design changes such as integrated case studies to appeal to a new audience.

Patrick Ward
    Former Marketing Manager, Dogtown Media

BROS implemented new design features successfully, resulting in a notable increase in the number of valid leads year over year. The team was attentive and provided product updates daily to streamline communication across teams. They learned the project’s goals to support a valuable partnership.

I was the head of marketing for Dogtown Media, which is a mobile app development agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with BROS?

We were trying to update our website. At the time, we were positioning ourselves as catering to startups but were trying to cater to more enterprise-sized businesses. As the head of marketing, I tried to put more enterprise case studies on the website. I tried to go to our internal developers first, but they were wrapped up with client work.

BROS provided web development services. Rather than startups, their team helped position our site to accommodate enterprises. They integrated about two new case studies per week. We passed them Sketch files, which they implemented through WordPress.

I worked with two team members: A project manager and a developer.

How did you come to work with BROS?

Colleagues in Uruguay recommended BROS. Their workflow was similar and their team was familiar with our development style because they worked out of the same co-working space as our Uruguayan developers. As a result, we started employing their services for web development. Before our engagement began, they were familiar with our process, which made implementation quick.

Over the course of the collaboration, we spent around $20,000.

We started the collaboration in March 2018 and the project was completed around April 2019. After I left, I don’t know the history of the collaboration. By all accounts, it seems that BROS has continued to do work.

Our overall lead generation increased by about 56% year over year, which I attribute strongly to BROS' efforts. By the time I left, we started getting leads from big-name brands because of the case studies their team implemented. The project would have languished with our internal developers, so it was a successful engagement. They were also quick to fix any errors that occurred.

How did BROS perform from a project management standpoint?

Originally, they had Trello. All of our work was done in JIRA, and their team switched. We’d put the tasks in the platform and their team was prompt in moving tasks from the backlog, to in process, and then to complete. Their team was responsive. Unlike other development shops, BROS provided constant communication. We were in contact daily by Slack about what had been achieved and what the developer was working on. This gave me constant purview over their work, which I could report in detail to my CEO.  For me, having to hit my marketing goals, it was useful to have such a responsive team that was quick to implement.

The key aspect is their unique understanding of what we were trying to achieve. Too often, developers get into a mindset of building a product and that’s it. BROS was focused on learning the point of these case studies and how we were optimizing the site for SEO. They were a collaborative partner in what we were trying to achieve to grow the business. Their level of strategic thinking was exceptional.

I can’t be appreciative enough for the work BROS did.