Stop the Bottleneck in Your Business

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants offers professional growth opportunities for ambitious leaders by creating an efficient and systematic approach to identify, hire and cultivate team members who focus on specific roles and responsibilities.

Springfield, MO

graphic design

audio/video editing

engineering assistants

Virtual Assistant Services for Podcast Service

“Bottleneck found highly professional and proactive people who could work with our brand.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

After finding qualified virtual assistants, Bottleneck assisted with the training and onboarding process. Virtual assistants work closely with an in-house team and perform various administrative tasks.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Tom Schwab
Former COO, View from the Top

The business has been growing and the in-house team is happy with the ROI. Experienced and knowledgeable, Bottleneck met all needs, while their ability to work effectively with remote workers helped them establish a smooth process.

When I worked with Bottleneck, I was the COO at View from the Top. It's a coaching service for entrepreneurs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

We had a lot of projects, but our team wasn't large enough to handle them. We needed a vendor that would help us find and use a virtual assistant.

Bottleneck not only helped us find the right people, but they also taught us how to effectively use the virtual assistant. We were so satisfied that we moved from having one virtual assistant to having three. Bottleneck also made sure the people they found were onboarded and trained properly. Our virtual assistants help us with administrative tasks, editing videos, and social media.

One of the virtual assistants became the lead and the project manager for the other two, which we really appreciated.

How did you come to work with Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

We met their owner through a professional service and we were impressed with his ability to successfully use a virtual assistant in his business. He understood very well how to work with people remotely and how to find them, so we decided to give him a chance to do that for our business.

We've spent about $82,000

We started working with them in June 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

I worked with virtual assistants in the past and it was often a frustrating experience. Bottleneck found highly professional and proactive people who could work with our brand. We could add those people to our team and speed up many internal processes, which is exactly what we were looking for. Our virtual assistants are qualified and have excellent English language skills, so we've had no turnover with them. Our business has been growing and we received an excellent value and return on investment.

How did Bottleneck Virtual Assistants perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and proactive. It's been an easy process for us on all fronts.

They're missionaries in this industry because they really help build and understand the industry, adding value to the entire ecosystem. I'm sure they'll continue getting better and become industry leaders.

I can't think of anything.

Trust their system and leverage the relationships they already have. They can teach you how to hire and work with virtual assistants.

Overall Score They're great communicators, so we haven't had any issues.
    They've always delivered on time.
    It's been a great value.
    The quality is top-notch.
    I'd give them 10 if I could.

Online Course Production for Copywriting Business

"I was impressed by the character and integrity of the team members."

Feb. 2019

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants designed and produced a web-based course. Services included strategy development and product testing.

Phoenix, Arizona
Joe Pomeroy
Founder & Owner, Forward With Joe

The team produced a high-quality online course that achieved stakeholder goals. A communicative group, Bottleneck Virtual Assistants excel at task delegation. They are quick, efficient workers.

I am the founder and lead copywriter for my company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

I wanted to provide an online course or webinar. While I could do the copywriting, I needed help with the other aspects of creating the product.

My goals were to develop, test, and produce an online course or webinar.

I selected this vendor after becoming familiar with the Jaime (Owner, Bottleneck Virtual Assistants). I chose to hire his team due to my impression of his character.

I led content creation while Bottleneck Virtual Assistants worked with the technology, developed content (e.g. discovery and editing), tested the product, and provided feedback. They also handled the active use of the content.

I worked with Jaime, the lead manager, and multiple virtual assistants.

Prior to interacting with the vendor, I was unsure which strategy would produce my desired result. They completed the project in record time, and the quality of it was higher than anything I'd done in my business to that point.

Their communication was quick and responsive. They quickly delegated and responded to any requests I made.

I was impressed by the character and integrity of the team members. They are respectful workers.

No, there are none that I recall.

Overall Score I couldn't imagine a better experience.
    Since their availability was a bit different than what I was used to, they made an extended effort to accommodate my needs.
    Everything was perfectly in line with the estimates I received. While a premium price, the value easily exceeded what was paid.
    They were responsive and thorough. The product was well-thought out.
    I would fully expect their service to other clients to be the same as it was to me.

Virtual Assistant Services for Vacation Management Startup

“I’ve always felt very comfortable working with the resources they found me.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants sourced, interviewed, and assigned two virtual assistants for a client’s startup and realtor business. These resources manage a CRM, vendor emails, scheduling, and accounting.

Queensbury, New York
Erin Steinbach
Founder, GetSet.co

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants finds top-notch talent and selects candidates that are individually tailored to a client’s needs. They made the interview, training, and onboarding process seamless and maintain structured processes. Trustworthy and talented, the virtual assistants excel at their role.

I own a couple of small businesses, but the primary one is Getset.co. It's a vacation management startup. I've been working in the market for 25 years. When I retired from a day job, I started this company as a side project.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

I needed a competent assistant. My previous job was a dispersed work environment, so I felt comfortable using a virtual one. As a small business owner, I lacked the financial resources to hire a domestic administrative assistant. I wanted to hire an international team with the relevant skill set to help my company.

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants assigned a virtual assistant who has worked with me consistently for more than a year and a half. I initially hired her part-time before transitioning her to full-time based on her phenomenal work. She has helped me develop a more technology-based business, handling most of the backend accounting on our software system and managing email communication with vendors. As for scheduling, she arranges the cleaning calendar for our vacation rentals.

I'm also a realtor and recently hired a second resource to help me manage real estate. After I described the type of person I want to hire, they assembled a list of candidates to interview. I could not have gotten a better-suited assistant; she has relevant real estate experience and brings a lot to the table. Currently, she's working on a CRM.

Beyond my projects, Bottleneck Virtual Assistants provides billing services for my husband who just started a small handyman repair business. They've helped him follow up with customers who haven't paid their invoices, keeping the backend on track so that he can concentrate on the frontend.

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants offers a service to manage their assistants' work. They can track their hours and make sure they're at work when they're supposed to be by taking and sending screenshots when they're logged in. It was especially helpful in the beginning. We've built a trustworthy dynamic at this point. Managing a virtual employee is different than it is for in-house resources.

How did you come to work with Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

I found Bottleneck Virtual Assistants through a Google search. I was impressed by how much they care about and represent their assistants. They function as an H.R. department if there's ever an issue. I want my employees to feel secure and protected. Additionally, the company is working on providing health insurance for their employees, which is important to me.

I've probably spent $22,000 over the last year and a half.

We've been working together since May 2017. Our relationship is ongoing, and we look forward to the future.

I hired my first assistant within the first few months of founding my startup, so I don't have any comparative data from before and after. My quality of life has definitely improved since I've worked with Bottleneck Virtual Assistants. I trust my assistant. She's very attentive and detail-oriented.

The option to work at home without being interrupted by coworkers is a positive of working remotely, so she is very focused. I was always being pulled away and sometimes missed tasks or left them incomplete. Now, I can delegate many of those responsibilities to my assistant. She works on the processes we developed together automatically and independently. We are very clear about what her hours and what her role entails.

Our arrangement includes a 15–30-minute daily Skype call to touch base. The rest of the time, we email each other for short messages. The team has a very good system. Training and onboarding didn't take very long. We worked together to find a method to use the new software our company had just developed. We put all of our processes into a shared knowledge document on SharePoint so everyone can access them. If our assistant were ever to leave, I would have the information ready to train the next person.

Bottleneck Virtual Assistant's best strength is how they leverage their resources. They offer in-depth training for supervising and communicating with virtual assistants, so I feel confident working with their provided resources. They continuously send useful materials like webinars and articles to help small business owners improve their communication and business skills.

I can't think of anything. I'm very pleased with the work Bottleneck Virtual Assistants has done and hope they continue to grow their business.

Spend a lot of time figuring out what you will need the assistant to do and provide that information to Bottleneck Virtual Assistants for the interviews. They will find top-notch candidates that you need and want.

Virtual Assistants for Chiropractic Fraternity

"I'll never do business with another VA company."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants provides two people to handle tasks such as alumni database management, payment information, email monitoring, and more.

Davenport, Iowa
Anthony Woolever
Treasurer & Past President, Chiropractic Fraternity

Their involvement reduces the time spent on office tasks to an hour per week. Bottleneck Virtual Assistants are easy to work with and hardly present any issues. Their selling point is their stellar treatment towards employees, making them a valued long-term partner.

I serve as past president and current treasurer of a professional chiropractic fraternity. We also own historical property under another Delt 100 Alumni, LLC for which I’m president.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

We needed help managing our alumni database and payment information, as well as email monitoring, map management, and communication.

What were your goals for this engagement?

I don’t have the time to handle all this work, so I needed a virtual assistant (VA) company that had self-driven individuals.

I have a personal relationship with the owner, Jaime (Owner & Managing Director, Bottleneck Virtual Assistants). He is one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and treats his employees like family. This was extremely important to me since I’ve heard horror stories from virtual assistants being treated poorly by their employers or clients. Jaime has a zero tolerance for this, and I will never utilize another virtual assistant company.

Describe the engagement in detail.

I filled out their intake form and had a conversation with an account manager. They sourced three candidates for me to interview via a Zoom call, who were all extremely qualified. Ultimately, I was so thrilled with two candidates that I hired one for the fraternity and one for my personal organization. I couldn't be happier with my decision as both have been incredible to work with.

I work directly with the VAs. I have an account manager in the Philippines that I can contact in the event I have an issue with one of them.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

Now, I spend less than an hour a week working on fraternity-type stuff. The VAs take care of everything. In addition to the fraternity, they manage all my daily tasks with my business.

The workflow is incredible. In three years, I’ve only had two issues, which were resolved within eight hours from the point of contact. I couldn't ask for a better service in this regard.

What did you find most impressive about this vendor?

The way they treat their employees is remarkable. I don't do business with people who treat others poorly. The culture that Jaime has built at Bottleneck Virtual Assistants is second to none.

Overall Score Jaime and his team have met every single one of my expectations.
    It's simple and easy to get a meeting with them.
    I give bonuses often because the money is where I need it to be.
    I'll never do business with another VA company
    They are the best in the industry.

Virtual Assistant Services for Digital Marketing Agency

"It has been the best experience in working with a virtual assistant firm."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants took charge of daily tasks surrounding project management, sales, and administrative support in order to relieve some of the workload.

Fort Worth, Texas
Paul Kirch
President, Websites And Leads.

Their involvement has been essential for developing a proper onboarding procedure for hiring new staff. Their proactive approach, easy scheduling, and well-planned process are highlights of their work, making them the front-runners in their industry.

I'm the president of Websites and Leads, a digital marketing agency focused on moving its clients from a static business card web page to a dynamic lead conversion marketing tool.

For what projects/services did your company hire Bottleneck Virtual Assistants?

I was looking to expand my team with virtual employees.

I wanted to minimize my involvement in every aspect of the business.

I knew their owner/managing director from a business group we belong to. I grew to respect and trust him.

Bottleneck Virtual Assistants help manage my day-to-day activities. They’re in charge of project management, sales, and administrative support.

I’ve interacted with two individuals over a three-week timeframe.

So far, we have a plan in place for hiring the right staff members and are in the process of developing an onboarding procedure.

Their collaboration has been extremely helpful. Their work is beyond well thought-out and efficient.

They’ve proactively addressed every one of my concerns, which makes this collaboration a breeze compared to the other firms I've interacted with.

It has been the best experience in working with a virtual assistant firm, so I can't say there are things I want them to change.

Overall Score I'm a big fan of their model. They are the leaders in the space based on my experience.
    They provide personal scheduling links, which is as easy as it gets. Their delivery is seamless.
    Their services are more expensive than doing the work on my own, but having it all done for me is beyond worth it. It's a great value.
    They are the best I’ve worked with.
    I refer them regularly.