Business Intelligence - Qlik, Pentaho and Power BI

At BIX Technology, we design and develop Business Intelligence applications for small business, midmarkets and enterprises clients. Our services include: Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Strategy & Consulting.

We offer services and market leaders tools to make the management of your company more efficient.

What does your data has to tell you? We can find out!

Visit our website: www.bixtecnologia.com

Florianópolis, Brazil
  • BIX Technology
    Santa Luzia, 100
    Florianópolis, SC 88036540
    Brazil
    +55 48 99694 3234

Brazilian big players in ceramic coating and apparel fashion industry

BI for retail sales force

Main objective: give management tools with mobile first concept to the franchising retail store sales force

Technology:  Pentaho PDI and CDE

Duration: 2 months

Results: is being used by all 170 brazilian stores of the client. It has more than 300 activer users. No license needed.

Enterprise BI Dashboards

Main objective: BI dashboards to commercial, finances, operations, logistics, human resources areas

Technology:  Qlikview

Duration: 1 year

Results: 100+ actives users with Qlikview licenses

Customer Loyalty Program for Retail

Main objective: enhance the management of the loyalty program for retail

Technology:  Pentaho PDI and CDE

Duration: 3 months

Results: increase of 8% p.p. in sales to loyal customers

BI Tool Dev and Integration for Retail Firm

"I have only good things to say about BIX Technology."

Feb. 2017 - Mar 2017

BIX Technology identified key changes and areas for improvement needed. They developed and implemented cash flow and BI tools that were integrated with the company's operations to help improve efficiencies and competitiveness in the market.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Luiz Morais
CEO, Patricia Bonaldi

The assessments and tool implementations positively impacted the company's operations and strategy. The works performed was cited as game-changing and their project management was above expectations.

I’m the president of Nohda Group. We control and own four labels, the most important of which are PatBo and Patricia Bonaldi.

What challenge were you trying to address with BIX Technology?
BIX has helped us identify and change our business processes to allow us to continue to be competitive in the market.

We were a small company 15 years ago, and we’ve grown a lot in a short period of time. Our biggest challenge has been knowing how to grow and make the correct changes so we can continue to be competitive in the market. There are a lot of challenges when growing from a small to big company. You need to evolve and fix your problems, but you can't change everything at once or you’ll break the structure you had and lose your advantage when going to the next level.

BIX’s assessment was important in helping us identify key areas for improvement, especially in our operational process and structure. We identified the problems quickly and made the right changes to correct them in our developing and manufacturing processes, and it didn't take a lot of investment. We were able to put the right people in the right places. We also were able to determine what assets we had and the best way to use them. We used some tools, especially a cash flow tool that BIX developed for us, that integrated with our operational process. We did a lot with our business intelligence coverage. It was important for us to have data that showed us what was important for the business.

We had one analyst in-house, but they had developed everything with other behind-the-scenes workers.

How did you come to work with BIX Technology?
Our sales volume is in the medium range, but BIX did important work for another important group here in Brazil. I wouldn't say they’re our competitor, because they’re at a different level in terms of size. I heard a lot of good things about BIX, so I tried to bring them to our company to improve our situation.

Phase 1 was really short and cost us around $10,000. We focused on diagnosis and developing certain tools. Phase 2 of the process is more about implementation; the scope is bigger and it probably will involve more hours.

We started working with BIX in February 2017. Phase 1 has been completed, and we’re negotiating Phase 2, regarding the implementation of a lot of the opportunities that we identified.

We’ve had a lot of feedback. The organization structure was important to us, and the tool BIX made for us was important in the process overview. They also improved our strategic planning, which changed a lot of things for us.

How did BIX Technology perform from a project management standpoint?
Their project management skills were above our expectations. We worked with a senior analyst who I think is also one of the associates. We are happy because we have somebody with seniority who has brought us good results so far.

I have only good things to say about BIX Technology. For us, their work was game-changing. When you talk about consultancy, it’s difficult to have something that you can actually implement. I was happy with the results we had; everything they suggested was practical, and we implemented everything we could. We accepted and saw that we could make a lot of improvements on what we were doing. They were really good for us.

I can't say if anything could have been different. I think everything was fine and above our expectations.

Overall Score In general, everything BIX did for us was helpful.
    Everything was on schedule.
    Definitely a 5. I’ve recommended one friend, from the construction field, to BIX.

BI Development for Retail Stores Group

“BIX Technology developed our product quickly, and we didn't have any problems with the final product.”

2013 - 2014

The team developed a business intelligence solution that gathered real-time data from online sales and hundreds of retail stores, providing valuable information on customer behavior and inventory turnover.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Head of e-Commerce, Retail Stores

BIX Technology managed the project in a straightforward manner, delivering a high-tech and user-friendly solution. The project went smoothly, and there were minimal bugs in the final product.

I’m the head of commerce and digital for a big fashion retail company with almost 600 stores around Brazil. We have an e-commerce channel and retail stores. I work with technology to produce sales over the Internet and retail stores.

What challenge were you trying to address with BIX Technology?

BIX Technology worked with me to build engagement for the stores. We needed a way to get sales data from our stores every day.

BIX Technology helped us conceptualize and develop the product. The main technology BIX Technology used was QlikView. I’m not sure how many developers they used because I contracted that service.

How did you come to work with BIX Technology?

I don't remember how we found BIX Technology. I started talking to them, we started working together, and it was good.

We worked with BIX Technology in 2013–2014.

They were really good. BIX Technology developed what we needed quickly, and we didn't have any problems with the final product. We were amazed by the automatic nature of its features.

Our stores are really enjoying this product. All of our stores now have more data that they can use to their advantage. They have an easy way to see how sales are going, how they rank against other stores, and what approach they can use to sell a particular product. We can even identify which products had the highest sales in a particular day. It’s also really easy for the store’s management to provide a review.

How did BIX Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m not sure. I told my team what to do, and they worked with BIX Technology. I can say that there were no delays, and the product was delivered on time.

What did you find most impressive about BIX Technology?

The work was done quickly, and there weren't a lot of issues to fix. The process was straightforward, fast, and good. We didn't have any problems at all.

Are there any areas BIX Technology could improve?

I can't remember now.

BI for Home Furnishing Store

"[The platform they built for us is] unique in our country—I’ve never seen any platform like ours."

2014 - Ongoing

BIX Technology used the Pentaho platform to develop a BI software for franchise stores to monitor their respective marketing, commercial, and logistic KPIs. They also developed a loyalty program.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Santa Catarina, Brazil
Felipe Theiss
Pricing Coordinator, Portobello

Even in a year of expected slump, business experienced a 3% growth, partially due to BIX Technology’s BI platform. Their loyalty program also increased sales from certain vendors by 10%. Their work is reliable, high-quality, and they have quick turnarounds. BIX is a proactive and responsive team.

Portobello is a tile company. We own around 150 stores that sell only our product. We also have another channel that sells to the construction business and home centers like Home Depot, but in Brazil. We used to have a business in the U.S. where Home Depot, for example, was one of our clients. I work as a pricing coordinator, specifically in the franchise business. My job is doing price analysis and meeting with the head of the company to decide which prices and strategy we’re going to use in our stores.

What challenge were you trying to address with BIX Technology?

We needed development of business intelligence focused on the franchises, specifically the guys that own the franchise business (not the franchisee).

What is the scope of their involvement?

They developed a business intelligence software where every store can check their marketing, commercial, and logistic KPIs. It was based on the Pentaho platform. They are also doing pricing business intelligence for us which has our pricing KPIs.

We also had a development that they did with us that focused on a relationship program where you get points similar to credit card points. The architect goes with the client in the store, and when the architect sells our tiles, they get relationship points or program points that can be traded for trips or electronics. They did this platform for us.

The technologies that I know they used were Pentaho, QlikView, and the relationship program, which I don’t remember the name of.

It’s about 4 people from BIX Technology working on our project.

How did you come to work with BIX Technology?

We checked other companies in the market, and their proposal was the best.

How much have you invested with BIX Technology?

For both the relationship program plus the franchise Pentaho platform, we paid $35,000.

We started this project with them in 2014. It has been completed, but we still have evolving developments.

We increased tile sales by architects from 65% to about 75% with the admin relationship platform. For the franchise business, we can say that it’s responsible for our growth in 2016. It wasn’t a good year for Brazil, but we kept growing. We grew like 3%, and some of that is certainly because of the platform—franchisers can better understand their business, can act on solutions for problems, and strike more business and sales.

In Brazil, I contacted other companies that also have franchises, and I never saw business intelligence as good as ours. Usually, just the franchise company has access to all of the KPIs; however, we’re providing KPIs to the owner of the store. It’s unique in our country—I’ve never seen any platform like ours.

How did BIX Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

They are very professional and good in their communication. They use Microsoft Project for project management. They do a weekly status meeting of the project.

What did you find most impressive about BIX Technology?

I would describe them as a very proactive company. They deliver our projects very fast. Almost all the time, the work gets done on schedule. The quality of the job is quite good. We don’t have to review a lot. All of them graduated from good colleges. Some of them even have other degrees. The good part is they’re an IT company, but they also have business knowledge, so we sometimes consult them for business decisions.

Are there any areas BIX Technology could improve?

Not that I can recall. I don’t have any complaints