BUSINESS + TECHNOLOGY

As a rising leader in software engineering, Bitbean (formerly 1on1 Development) leverages its wide range of analytic talents to build powerful, custom enterprise software solutions to automate business processes directly resulting in optimized workflows and higher profits. Bitbean has successfully completed projects with iconic companies such as Walmart, CVS, United, CardCash, Eastern Union and more.

In 2016 & 2017, the company ranked on the prestigious Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America.

Lakewood, NJ
  • Bitbean.com
    201 River Ave, Suite 201
    Lakewood, NJ 08701
    732-806-1125

Eastern Union, CardCash.com, Cammebys International, Riverside Abstract

CRM Dev for Real Estate Mortgage Broker

"Bitbean really strives to understand our core business and not just the programming aspect of it."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Dec. 2009 - Ongoing

Bitbean built a web-based CMS and mobile app and continues to provide updates and maintain the platform. The project involved back-end development in PHP, SQL, and MySQL.

Howell, New Jersey
Shlomie Milworm
COO, Eastern Union Funding

The system successfully supports an international business with very few issues. Bitbean impresses with their capable project management, quick turnarounds, and comprehensive maintenance. Their deep understanding of the company's goals and needs helps them offer valuable features and advice.

I am the COO of Eastern Union Funding, which is a commercial mortgage and brokerage firm that does some equity on the side but focuses mostly on mortgages. We have 120 employees and seven offices.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bitbean?

We were looking to develop a web-based platform from scratch in order to manage all aspects of our business. We needed everything from a CRM to deal flow with reporting all in one so we could keep track of our banks and deals.

We came up with ideas and we created specifications together regarding what we wanted to be built and what we were looking to accomplish. We dictated exactly what we wanted for certain functionalities. On others, we gave them different ideas as far as what we wanted but left it up to them to come back with a proposal, which they then built for us.

The project started with a web-based platform but we eventually built it out as a mobile app. They mostly used PHP, SQL, and MySQL. Ultimately, the key thing was the ability to run reports from all possible ways and track different data from different perspectives.

We have the flexibility of dealing with just one contact point but have been working with more than that. At times, we find it very beneficial to speak with the actual programmers, just to make sure that we fully get the mindset across.

How did you come to work with Bitbean?

One of our employees is Bitbean’s principal’s sister and she let us know that he could help with what we were looking to do. So, we spoke to him and he proposed an idea. At that time, we looked at one or two other providers but liked Bitbean the most.

More importantly, even within Bitbean, we initially entertained taking an off-the-shelf product and customizing it versus customizing everything from scratch. We liked the service they were providing and we went with them.

We have spent well over $1,000,000.

We started working together in December 2009 and the work is ongoing. The platform has been completely launched and it is working great. We keep evolving it by doing more every day; it’s still a work in progress.

From a global perspective, our whole business runs based on the system. It would be fair to say that if one day our system was down, we wouldn’t be able to operate. We live and breathe based on the programming work that was done.

In the very beginning, we had some bug issues, but those have since been ironed out. In the past three to four years, Bitbean has been much better at releasing new updates, which are tested for bugs for the most part. Very rarely do we have issues with bugs at this point.

How did Bitbean perform from a project management standpoint?

We deal with one project manager—she knows our system in and out, she knows our pipeline, and exactly what is coming up. She is also aware of any new projects ahead of time and is very helpful.

We use a system called YouTracker, which shows every single thing we want to do, whether it is correcting a bug, adding a new feature, adjusting a feature, etc. It all gets put in there along with a rating and priority system as well as an estimate of how long it will take, the release date, and more.

Bitbean really strives to understand our core business and not just the programming aspect of it, which has benefited both of us. By understanding the core business, they recognize why we are building certain features and can then come back with the right feedback and suggestions based on their understanding of where we want to get to and why.

Not really. If you have a request and you want it done, they will do the job.

Overall Score Overall, we are very happy with them which is why we have invested so much money with them and continue to do so.
    They haven’t been late on a deadline in the last four or five years, and we often receive deliverables ahead of time.
    You can find something cheaper but not based on the quality.
    I have yet to have an issue where they deliver something that isn’t as we specified.
    I have referred Bitbean to many other companies.

Vendor Automation Software for Private Jet Catering

"I’ve had an unbelievable experience … I completely love the people there. It’s better than I could have imagined."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Bitbean built a state-of-the-art solution to automate and increase efficiency & transparency of a multi-step ordering & fulfillment process for a global private jet caterer.

New York Metro Area
President, Jet Catering Company

Bitbean gets to know a business before beginning development, challenging beliefs in a professional manner and ensuring they are doing what is best for the business, not for their bank account. Their company is well-structured, communication is stellar, and no deadline has been missed.

I’m the president of a company that processes orders for catering on private jets all over the world, including remote locations and smaller airports, any time of day or night. We have vendors everywhere, and we facilitate and arrange the catering. We do own some facilities, but they act as vendors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bitbean.com?

We currently have a complex, custom system that was built for us to help efficiently facilitate and procure with quality and accuracy hundreds of orders a day from any departure point in the world including nearly 10,000 airports worldwide. But we needed something state-of-the-art and cutting-edge that does a lot more than what anybody can imagine. That’s where Bitbean came in.

Bitbean’s agenda wasn’t just to build software. I spoke to the owner for hours, and he challenged a lot of assumptions I had about what I thought my business and the industry needed. He said, “Who said any of that’s the case?” Unlike other companies, Bitbean spends all of their time upfront figuring out the right solution for your business. I spent a lot of time on them before signing with them. Once I realized what they were going to provide for me that was different from other companies, it was obvious that I should choose them. I think I’ve spent 400 hours with them already, and we’re still in pre-development. Most other companies would want to start building right away.

How did you come to work with Bitbean.com?

I spent several months researching development companies. I just assumed that I wouldn't find one, because you could always find these “mom and pops” who claimed they could do anything, but then ended up farming out all of the work, which isn't right. If you want to build something state-of-the-art that’s going to change an industry, like Uber or JetSmarter who do their development in-house, you need a real development company. I knew what I was trying to do with my software, so I looked and looked at development companies. I think I found about 8 real finalists, including Bitbean.

A lot of the companies provided proposals based on the 25-page discovery document I had written up about all of the specifications and requirements my software would need. Everyone looked at it and was able to provide a quote, but Bitbean had a whole different approach.

How much have you invested with Bitbean.com?

We’ve spent $60,000 on Bitbean’s services so far. I would say that once the project is complete, it’s going to cost around $300,000–$500,000.

We started working together in April 2017 and the work is ongoing. Bitbean is about a week away from actually developing the software.

How did Bitbean.com perform from a project management standpoint?

Bitbean has project managers, and they’ve always kept me updated. I’m completely in the loop. They’re a very structured company, which is fantastic. I have a structured company myself, though I personally may not be very structured. Bitbean has scheduled meetings, which are great. There’s no question that we have fantastic communication, and I'm as involved as I want and need to be. They’re unbelievable on timelines too. They know exactly how long things are going to take and what they need to do. A lot of my personal process was thinking. They would take a week and not communicate with anyone, essentially go into hibernation and let what we’d been doing so far sink in, then the project resumed exactly one week later. That has helped me with my own business. They’re not just developing my software; they’re taking my whole business and helping me change an industry. They’re all so knowledgeable. It’s unbelievable to see.

What did you find most impressive about Bitbean.com?

The value they bring is their expertise and their extremely creative people and independent thinkers who help you plan what’s best for your business. If the best solution is to build everything custom, then they’ll do that. If the best solution is to build some of it custom and some of it off-the-shelf, then they’ll do that. They’re going to build whatever is best for you, and I completely believe that and have experienced it with them. If they really wanted to, they could have made this a multi-million dollar project. They also have the ability to challenge me in a professional way. They take my assumptions and turn them on their head. That’s something I have yet to see another company do, so I think Bitbean is unique in that respect. I worked with another development company to develop the 25-page report I gave to Bitbean, but they didn't do any of that. They were good, but they didn't compare to Bitbean. Bitbean’s whole thing is they’re going to sit back and put your project through a process where they rethink a solution for it. As the business owner, you may know your business but you don't necessarily know the technological solution. That’s Bitbean’s expertise.

Are there any areas Bitbean.com could improve?

I know they’re trying to grow quickly and to do that they have to continue to hire more people. They have such a unique and phenomenal process they put projects through before they do development; it’s like their patented process. They should continue to apply that same process to industries and big companies to do good work. Whatever they do is good to go. I’ve had an unbelievable experience across the board, and I completely love the people there. It’s better than I could have imagined.

Bitbean is always available. They have a good process, and they have enough people to handle the work. My project has been completely taken care of.
    Also a 5, 100%. Any other company would have been 2 or 3 times the price, and value is also a 5.
    The quality of service and deliverables Bitbean provided were unbelievable. It’s better than anything I've experienced. I would give them a 5.
    100%. They’re doing very well because of me.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Real Estate Firm

“Their discovery process is very exhaustive and doesn’t leave anything out.”

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Bitbean designed and developed an iOS and Android app to mimic the functionalities of an employee-facing web portal so that employees could be free of their desks. They went on to build additional Web apps.

CTO, Real Estate Firm

The new app is a drastic improvement to productivity and processes. The team had their own project management system and, upon request, provided weekly status updates. They stood out as an honest, thorough partner, which is why they were contracted for further work.

We are an owner/operator of multi-family residential and commercial property throughout the Tri-State area. I’m chief technical officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bitbean.com?

We had some internal facing web applications used by a number of our employees. We were looking to streamline it and get a mobile app running that would mimic the website and free employees from their workstations.

They did a very exhaustive discovery process which was very efficient and on-target. It eliminated a lot of misunderstandings that we’ve had in the past with other vendors. Once that discovery process was signed off, they proceeded to the actual development process. For the first engagement, they took an existing web application and they developed a mobile app for both Android and iOS. The mobile app was built from scratch natively. The mobile app has a far greater feature set that’s directed to a different person than the desktop. Before, the employees were locked to their desk. This opened an entirely new avenue for us. One of the side benefits was our web application generated a tremendous amount of paperwork, but the app keeps everything inside a database. They gave us a delivery time on the mobile app, and they came in ahead of schedule by two or three weeks.

When that project was successful, we contracted with them to develop some web applications from scratch. There were six people from Bitbean assigned to our projects. We had a project manager, business analyst, and the developers.

How did you come to work with Bitbean.com?

One of my peers suggested them and told me they’re very efficient and honest. That’s really what drew me to them. It wasn’t so much their skillset. When I spoke to them the first couple of times, it was obvious that they were honest. That’s a rare commodity.

How much have you invested with Bitbean.com?

We have spent a total of over $100,000 with them.

We started working with them in December 2016, and the work is ongoing. Right now, they have four or five projects they’re working on for us. That’s the greatest vote of confidence you can give for somebody.

The initial app was delivered six weeks ago, so we haven’t measured anything yet. The fact is, the app is a revolutionary thing for us. The end-to-end process for any given software process on the current web application takes six minutes. We hope to be able to measure how much time and paper we’re saving over the next couple of months.

How did Bitbean.com perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. In the beginning, I wanted to use our project management tool, but they had things under control. Once the discovery process was done and our requirements were mapped out, the rest was delivery. They gave me a deadline of three months. I asked for weekly status reports as the deadline approached.

What did you find most impressive about Bitbean.com?

I was impressed with their honesty and their discovery process. Their discovery process is very exhaustive and doesn’t leave anything out. They’re pretty skilled at understanding business needs.

Are there any areas Bitbean.com could improve?

They had set documentation up front as to what the process would be and when deliveries would take place. On the first project we completed with them, they completed it two weeks ahead of schedule.
    We did development of a mobile app which is something we never did before. I’m hoping the investment pays off long term.
    We were happy enough to engage them for several more ongoing projects.
    I have no qualms. Their past performance is an indicator of what they’re capable of.

Web Dev for Gift Card Marketplace

"Their devotion and care for the project are impressive."

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

Bitbean created an e-commerce platform by customizing open-source software. After integrating fully with the in-house team, they scale resources as needed to support ongoing development.

Brick, New Jersey
Kevin Landsberg
EVP Operations, CardCash.com

After Bitbean completed the website’s design, business revenue rose by $10 million at first, followed by a second increase of $39 million. Their on-site presence, eagerness to assist, and ability to anticipate future needs contribute to a strong relationship.

CardCash.com is a platform where consumers can come and sell their unwanted gift cards from major retailers in the US. We purchase the card from the user at a discounted price and resell it on the platform. Everyone is happy: the seller is getting rid of an unwanted gift card, and the buyer is able to get a gift card for less than it’s worth. I’m the executive vice president of operations and product development. I’ve been at the company for four years and focus on the product and technology side.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bitbean.com?

The business was built on an open source shopping cart platform that we customized. The uniqueness of our business didn’t work with this platform, and we needed to build custom software. We didn’t have any technical resources on staff. We originally commissioned Bitbean to build a small platform and were thrilled with the work they did. Their commitment and devotion to the work were impressive, so we decided to give them more work. They have built many components for our system. As we grew, they integrated with our technology team. Our developers work hand-in-hand with their developers, and we have a close relationship with them.

We operate different platforms for retailers, which is the first project Bitbean worked on for us. In the beginning, we worked with a project manager and some of their designers. Then, the developers would take over the project. We worked with five resources from Bitbean. They took the time to understand our business and our goals. They were really effective. From the time we contracted them, it took them six weeks to get the platform up and running, which is unheard of. We had retailers who were interested in getting this white-labeled gift card exchange product out, and Bitbean understood that urgency. They worked weekends and nights and were extremely devoted to the project.

How did you come to work with Bitbean.com?

We had some personal references from companies that had used Bitbean. They’re located close to us, and that was the primary driver in working with them.

We started working with them in September of 2014, and the work is ongoing. We have a large team of developers and designers now on staff now, but we still use Bitbean for projects. We have some of their employees that work at our office. They were extremely accommodating to our growth. As we grew, we knew we needed our own team to manage our own platform, so they pulled off their team as we hired new people.

When I came to the company, CardCash was doing $6 million in revenue. When this project was completed, we did $16 million. That was followed by $55 million. Originally, the relationship was project-driven, but now as we’re building our team, we’re also directing their team, so it’s hard to separate the metrics and attribute them to anyone specifically.

How did Bitbean.com perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication is excellent. When we started working with them, they were a smaller company, but they’ve grown since. I was talking to the project manager multiple times a day at first, and they were able to get the work done quickly. We have project management tools that we use, including Trello and YouTrack for bug tracking.

What did you find most impressive about Bitbean.com?

They understand the business needs and were able to work with us over the whole period, which allowed us to grow and build a team. Their devotion and care for the project are impressive. At one point, our platform had some serious performance problems when we got too much traffic. Bitbean worked on the weekend to fix that. It wasn’t part of their contract, but they had the technical experience, saw the need, and were eager to help. They wanted our business to grow and looked to find ways to add value to our business.

Are there any areas Bitbean.com could improve?

There’s nothing that comes to mind. We were happy with them overall.

Overall Score We were and are extremely happy.
    They have really performed and were able to get things done in a reasonable amount of time.
    We got amazing value. A lot of overhead and costs were cut out because we integrated with their developers. When a problem needed to be taken care of, it got done. We didn’t have to go through six calls to find the issue.
    We are really happy with the product.
    They’re highly recommended.

Web Development for News Platform

“Our numbers increased over 35% in the past year, which is tremendous growth.”

Jan. 2012 - Ongoing

Bitbean redesigned the UI/UX of a WordPress news website, introducing a streamlined process for uploading content. The project team also helps with graphic design and other tasks.

Chayale Kaufman
Advertising Sales Manager, matzav.com

The redesigned site experienced tremendous growth in viewership, which is attributed to Bitbean’s involvement in the project. Assigned resources are very responsive, easy to work with, and deliver within project specifications.

I’m the advertising and sales manager for matzav.com, an internationally renowned news website. We are one of the leading Orthodox Jewish news websites.

What challenge were you trying to address with Bitbean.com?

To establish ourselves as the GO TO for Kosher News.

We’ve worked with them from the beginning. They created our original website, but I wasn’t part of the company then. When I came on board, I wanted to turn up the notch, so we brought them back in for a company meeting. Over a year ago, we revamped the whole website. They came up with a new design that they felt would create a better viewer experience for the reader. They also switched us over to a much simpler process. We’re uploading minute-by-minute, and they changed process completely. We went from a complicated, technical, and annoying process to a much simpler and easier experience. From news posting to uploading ads, they put everything in one place for us. Their team has made our work much less time-consuming.

We’ve worked with a couple different team members. If an issue arises, I have three people who I know will always pick up my call and address it. They have a separate billing department, and it’s pleasant and nice to work with them.

How did you come to work with Bitbean.com?

There was a mutual friend who introduced us. Again, it was before my days with the company. They’ve grown tremendously. The experience really keeps getting better.

How much have you invested with Bitbean.com?

Over $25,000. One month, we had a horrible spam attack. They spent hours and hours over the weekend and through the night cleaning everything up. They were amazing.

I started working with them in January of 2012, and the relationship is ongoing. I speak to them two or three times a month for regular service updates.

The new site did tremendously well. They had an idea in mind, and I couldn’t believe it would work. I trusted them, and they were 100% right. Our path has gone up, and our viewership went up tremendously. Our numbers increased over 35% in the past year, which is tremendous growth. Our users say all the time that the site is easy to use and they enjoy it. We have about 3 million visitors a month to our site. There’s a lot of activity.

How did Bitbean.com perform from a project management standpoint?

I would highly recommend them. They’re good. We usually communicate by email or WhatsApp, and they’re very responsive. I don’t know how they deal with newer clients, but I have the CEO and COO’s cell number. I could just pick up the phone and call them. They deliver on time and within budget. They tell me when a project will be done, and it’s always done by that time. They give me an honest timeline. They’re an excellent team to work with, whether it’s support, design, ideas, updates, crazy crashes that happen, or bugs that come up.

What did you find most impressive about Bitbean.com?

They’re friendly and here to help. They’re nice and personable. They’re real people.

Not as of now.

They respond right away, and they give me a timeline that will be met.
    They are well-priced.