A Creative Company

Aqomi (Ah \Koh \Mee) “The act of creating clarity from chaos.”

We’re a community of creatives who operate in two spaces: Branding and Technology.

One side of our company builds strong brands from the ground up through strategy, creative, social, and campaigns. The other side develops cutting-edge products with blue-tooth, holograms, facial recognition, wi-fi, and scent technologies.

Think of us as left-brain coming into sync with the right-brain.

2018

SMM, Logo, & Web Dev for Small Restaurant

"It’s scary when you’re redoing something from scratch, but they’ve made the process easier than I expected."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Aqomi provides ongoing social media marketing services—including creating and posting content—to drive business at a small restaurant. Further, they have designed a new logo and built a website end-to-end.

Isabel Reich
Marketing Manager, Soup & Sandwich Co.

Aqomi’s social media efforts are already paying dividends, and the website is sure to add a valuable boost in customers. The team is client-focused and dedicated to providing standout service. Their creativity knows few bounds, making them an ideal partner for open-minded future clients.

I am the general manager of a small soup and sandwich restaurant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aqomi?

We learned that our customer base was dwindling. We hired Aqomi to optimize our social media channels and provide other branding services to increase business.

We never had a very strong social media presence, so Aqomi’s first step was helping us build a base of followers on Instagram, Facebook, and others with various social media marketing efforts. We’ve given them complete control of our accounts so that they can create and post content as they see fit.

We’ve decided to rebrand our restaurant recently, an initiative that has included a new logo and new signage Aqomi created. We have not yet launched our website, but Aqomi designed and developed that as well. It allows customers to look at our menu to view our daily specials and place catering orders online.

We've worked with Tom (Head of Strategy, Aqomi) and Paula (Head of Community, Aqomi).

How did you come to work with Aqomi?

They’ve earned high marks on a Canadian reviews site, and a friend of mine introduced me to Tom. We ended up getting along, and I was impressed with his company’s portfolio.

Our engagement began in December 2018 and remains ongoing.

We have a much more pronounced presence on social media thanks to their efforts. We look forward to launching our website and believe it will further our goals.

How did Aqomi perform from a project management standpoint?

Our original deadline has passed because we had several edits, and the owners of the restaurant wanted their feedback incorporated as well, which prolonged the process. Still, they’ve delivered on everything they’ve promised.

We primarily communicate through email, but we’ll meet in person when necessary. It’s been a painless process. It’s scary when you’re redoing something from scratch, but they’ve made the process easier than I expected.

Their work speaks for itself, but they also manage their clients well. We’ve never had any complications while addressing our needs. They’re client-oriented and make the time to make sure we’re happy.

The project has taken longer than we anticipated, but our side played a role in that as well. The creative process tends to take more time because it requires more attention to detail and care. This is something to keep in mind for all creative projects.

Aqomi will have some interesting ideas, so it’s best to approach them with an open mind.

It has taken a little longer than we expected.
    They have a transparent pricing structure.
    The quality of their work is outstanding.
    I'd recommend them to anyone.

Rebranding & Web Dev for Advertising Agency

"They made sure that my needs were met and that I was happy every step of the way."

May - Sept. 2018

Aqomi created marketing materials (e.g., marketing books, mission statement, logo design, strategy) for a niche advertising company. Additionally, they designed and developed a WordPress website.

CEO, GO HOLO

The deliverables have already proved valuable with the acquisition of a new contract. Aqomi presents a thorough and efficient workflow, highlighted by access to the development team and strong communication practices. The team is strategic and organized, which made for a hassle-free engagement.

I am the founder and CEO of a hologram advertising company. We have developed state-of-the-art holograms that can track customer analytics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Aqomi?

It has been difficult to share our message regarding what we do because holograms are not well known. I engaged with Aqomi to assist with my marketing efforts and help communicate the benefits of holograms and their data collection uses to potential customers.

My initial website was built using Wix, but Aqomi designed and developed a new WordPress site. They built out the functionality of the site and provided all the copy for the site, as well. They continue to assist with content creation, including creating GIFs to show the holograms in motion.

Aqomi coordinated my rebranding and created marketing materials to facilitate it. In addition to crafting a mission statement, a logo, and a strategy for my business, they developed a set of marketing books for our purchasing and leasing programs.

I had access to the developers and designers, but a project manager helped summarize everything.

How did you come to work with Aqomi?

A friend of mine introduced us. Once we met and held a strategy session, I felt they were right for the job.

I’ve spent between $150,000–$250,000 with them.

We began working together in May 2018, and a bulk of the work was completed by September 2018. I’d estimate that we have completed 80% of the work. We have some ongoing maintenance and content creation projects.

Because of the redesigned website and the fresh marketing materials, I have recently secured a substantial client contract worth a couple hundred thousand dollars.

How did Aqomi perform from a project management standpoint?

They made sure that my needs were met and that I was happy every step of the way. They arranged the project so that we determined the branding and strategy before we began the work. That cut down on revisions while the work was ongoing and helped produce the deliverables faster. We operate well through WhatsApp and Slack. It’s been a refreshing break from working with disorganized companies.

I appreciate the structure and the processes they have in place. They have an efficient workflow that makes the project manageable from beginning to end.

I can’t determine anything that needs to be improved.

In addition to having clear budget expectations, I’d recommend knowing what you want the final product to be. It’s not necessary that you know how you’re going to get there, but you have to have an understanding of what you want as the result.

Digital Marketing for PVC Product Manufacturer

"Aqomi has done a lot more than we expected them to do. They have gone above and beyond. "

2007 - Ongoing

The client hired Aqomi to act as their digital partner which involved website development, social media management, and SEO.

Matt Swinarski
Co-Owner, SAGIPER North America

Aqomi has been an effective partner to the client and succeeded in improving their brand recognition. The client notes user engagement has grown significantly as a result. Aqomi is highly recommended to others.

Our company is SAGIPER North America. We're the exclusive distributors of two major product lines in Canada, which is used for exterior [siding], interior ceilings, interior walls, as well as exterior soffits. It's a PVC product that we wrap in exterior-specific vinyl wrap and gives it a natural wood look. It's a niche market but it has gained significant popularity over the last four years since we started it off.

I'm one of the owners. I started this up with my business partner just over four years ago.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Aqomi?

With Aqomi, our main goal is for them to boost the product lines, get it out there, mass market it, as well as managing our social media. We are really focusing on growing our brand recognition.

We wanted to create end-user awareness as well getting something out there not only for Canada but North America as a whole. We are based in Edmonton, and we have a distribution network all across Canada that we just landed a deal with. The biggest goal is going to be getting the US and Mexico onboard. That's where their key role comes in.

Aqomi has acted as a full digital agency with us. They revamped our website, and they take care of social media, which includes LinkedIn, Pinterest and some work on Facebook. They are also working with us on Houzz, an online platform for home remodeling and design.

They've been doing search engine optimization for us as well. With Facebook, they've been providing some information for us, but we've outsourced it from the beginning for somebody else to deal with, just because she's done an amazing job so far. I've seen the work that Tom's done with his team, and that's the reason we're going with him.

We've worked with ten different organizations, everyone from local, to American, to across the seas, and Aqomi has the best results that I’ve seen.

How did you come to work with Aqomi?

I met Tom [Jablonski, President at Aqomi] a few years ago, in 2007, before we were ready for a marketing company. So, when we needed one, I knew that they were a great option.

Until now, the project is in the $10,000 and $30,000 price range.

It’s ongoing.

They're doing an amazing job right now with their LinkedIn. When we first started the company, our target market was end-users. However, now it's become where we're directly marketing to architects, designers, homebuilders; it's not the end user anymore. It's those that are in charge of making decisions when it comes to condos, commercial developments, and residential developments. They're the ones that are really the key people that we have to market.

We're getting this brand recognition; that's why Pinterest is going to play a key role. Tom's company has already gotten us followers that went from zero, to almost at 100 now, as well as people repinning everything, which is amazing.

Houzz is a huge thing that they're getting us into. We're actually working with him closely in regards to that because that's a really big market for us. It's just like Pinterest but for the housing market. That's going to play a key role. They've grown our page substantially as well on that. We've got a lot of people reviewing now, and a lot of people commenting on pictures, which is great. We've had a lot of photos saved for ideas, and an idea book, which is awesome.

How did Aqomi perform from a project management standpoint?

I'm actually very surprised with how well they're dealing with everything. My only direct contacts are Tom and his partner, Patrick. Aqomi has done an amazing job in keeping us up to date. We schedule meetings once a week to go over everything. They track their progress and they provide us reports on how things are going. I can tell you that probably every day or every second day, I have emails coming from them telling us what’s going on, but at the end of the week, they actually provide us with reports, which is great to see.

What distinguishes Aqomi from other providers?

I think they're down-to-earth guys and that's really the key to everything. They're easy to work with and they get along very easily with everybody. Never had any complaints or any issues.

Is there anything Aqomi could have improved or done differently?

Honestly, I can't have anything bad to say about it. Aqomi has done a lot more than we expected them to do. They have gone above and beyond. Honestly, even when we were doing our website revamp, there was nothing we wanted to change, and we're very nitpicky about everything, changing this, swapping this around. However, we had nothing to comment except for good things. It was great to see. These guys are on the same page. They listen to what we want and need.

Comparing to what I've been quoted, I would say that they're very well priced compared to what I was quoted earlier from a lot of different countries.