Helping creative leaders transform.

Helping creative leaders transform their lives and their agencies, Kelly Campbell is a former digital marketing agency owner of 15 years, turned consultant / coach. She brings keen intuition as she delves into areas of personal development and business transformation with her clients. She is the host of THRIVE: Your Agency Resource, a video podcast for introspective leaders looking to increase self-awareness, conscious culture, and organizational growth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working with creative agency leadership, I focus on the 5 P's of growth: purpose, people, positioning, pipeline and profitability.

We might be a good fit for one another if you run an established, mid-level creative, tech or media agency and are committed to investing in the transformation of yourself and your business.

Uniquely qualified and passionate, my experience in entrepreneurship, business development strategy, project management, branding, design, communications, digital marketing and web technology, makes me extraordinarily valuable and versatile. I have the breadth and depth of knowledge needed to quickly recognize gaps, collaborate on practical and cost-effective solutions, find the perfect resources, and support clients as they attain remarkable results.

Nyack, NY

Creative, Media + Tech Agencies (<10 Employees for Coaching; 10-30 Employees for Consulting)

Business Consulting for Marketing Company

Since the moment she touched down in Lafayette, our company began to change for the better.”

June - Dec. 2019

Agency Growth Consultant provided advice on how a marketing agency should continue to scale its operations. The team lead spent a few days with the client before providing consulting services remotely.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Rod Hess
President, Rally Marketing

The lead coach provided invaluable insights that forever transformed the client’s business. They now enjoy a higher caliber of clients, and their average retainer amount has also increased. Kelly consistently demonstrated her incredible emotional intelligence in identifying and addressing issues.

I’m the president of a full-service digital marketing firm located in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was the VP of the company during my engagement with Agency Growth Consultant LLC.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

Our agency had experienced rapid growth over the years. My partner and I were at a loss for how to continue scaling the company, so we enlisted Agency Growth for their help.

Kelly’s specializes in the marketing industry and has provided us with valuable insights on how to grow our business. She came down to Lafayette from New York and spent a few days with us. Since then, we’ve continued the consultation remotely.

We just worked with Kelly.

How did you come to work with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

We found Kelly through a google search for agency-scaling consultants. We talked to three different vendors with different pricing structures. She was the most expensive option but talking to her on the phone, she blew her competition out of the water. Her approach didn’t seem cookie-cutter, but dynamic and unique instead.

To Kelly, we were a relatively unique case; while she typically works with companies that are experiencing internal conflict, our issues instead stemmed from the lack of administrative processes in place. She helped identify the areas that we needed to work on.

I believe we spent $30,000.

We started working together in June 2019 and the engagement lasted until December of that year. While our contract has officially ended, she’s continued to provide great support and has been a great resource for when we need advice.

Since we engaged with her, we saw our caliber of clients improve. Our average retainer amount has also increased. She guided us towards a stronger sense of administrative organization — we now document more processes and formalize many of our operations in a way that we didn’t before. And now, I know that if an issue pops up, I can just reach out to her and feel better afterward.

How did Agency Growth Consultant LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

Kelly was extremely responsive. She maintained the timeline she’d initially built out and made sure that she kept us on track. It was really simple engaging with her.

Anytime you talk to Kelly, it’s like a miniature therapy session. She’s able to mend strained relationships just by moderating conversations. I think her personability and the intimacy with which she regards her partnerships really distinguishes her.

I can’t think of anything. Since the moment she touched down in Lafayette, our company began to change for the better.

Be vulnerable, authentic, and honest in the best ways. Be open with your struggles, faults, and beliefs, and she’ll be able to help you most.

Business Strategy for Experiential Marketing Agency

“They don’t just tell you what to do, they actually do some of it for you.”

Apr. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Agency Growth Consultant LLC provided business strategy consultation services for an experiential marketing agency. Their work included a needs assessment, a website rebrand, and a business development setup.

Tracy Yates
Founder, Boost Experiential

Agency Growth Consultant LLC’s work was met with acclaim and appreciation. Their efforts contributed to lead growth. The team is professional, experienced, and proactive. Customers can expect a flexible team that delivers quality results.

I’m the founder of Boost Experiential, we’re an experiential marketing agency based in Los Angeles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

As a small agency, we all wear a lot of different hats. I was looking for a coach or mentor that had direct agency experience, so they could understand the world that we live in. My goal was to grow my business, reposition it, and receive suggestions to implement in the interest of working smarter, not harder.

I came in with some ideas, but they really cemented them, coming to the table with other solutions and strategies. First, we did a needs assessment to attract the right customers. Then, they did a rebrand of our website. Finally, they positioned us for some business development outreach, which included writing scripts, finding targets, and ways to conduct business development in different ways than we had in the past.

I had one main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

I found them on Google. I talked to a variety of people and none of them really fit with the criteria with what I was looking for. I chose them because I could tell they’re always doing things, rather than saying what they think.

Their engagement process was flexible, for short- or long-term engagements, which I liked. Finally, they were the only ones that were giving us real tools that they would implement, rather than just offering guidance.

We’ve invested $20,000.

We began working together in April 2019, and our engagement ended in February 2020.

We were definitely able to develop new leads for our business, but it hasn’t gone anywhere because of the current COVID-19 situation. As far of quality, they definitely know what they’re doing and they’ve been very helpful.

They’re very organized, and they set all of the timelines, but it’s up to the person they’re working with to follow along and meet their end of the bargain. They always stay on track and on target, making it very easy to work with them.

Our main point of contact is a hybrid; they owned and ran a digital agency and they’re also a creative. They were able to wear both hats, and I’m that way myself, so it was nice to get another perspective. Secondly, they don’t just tell you what to do, they actually do some of it for you, with tools you can implement.

No, nothing comes to mind.

My advice is to be willing to implement and see changes. Be ready to dive in and make it happen.

Business Consulting & Development for Media Agency

"She had a contagious, positive outlook that made the whole process painless."

Jul. - Dec. 2018

Agency Growth Consultant LLC offered growth consulting services for a company looking to scale. This involved interviewing each employee and consulting on the business's positioning in the market.

11- 50 Employees

David Adelman
CEO, OCD Media

The vendor maintained a people-centric approach that fostered highly positive outcomes. A flexible specialist, Agency Growth Consultant LLC offered valuable, honest insight while remaining open to suggestions. Even after the partnership, the agency has maintained a relationship with the client.

I’m the CEO of OCD Media. We are a medium-sized, paid media agency. We don’t produce any creative or content, but we help marketers and agencies execute paid media programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

I was at a point where I needed outside help to scale my business. I felt that having someone externally with expertise in that area would provide a fresh opinion and approach.

We spent time being interviewed by Kelly (Agency Transformation Coach). Then, Kelly had one-on-one conversations with every employee in my company. They talked about the type of work they were enthusiastic about and their honest opinions of how we were managing the company.

Then, we developed a new positioning for the agency that was more focused and specific on the industries where our employees had expressed enthusiasm about. We built out a new website along with materials to create a new look-and-feel for the company. In the last stage, we developed personas of our best client engagements.

We worked exclusively with Kelly. The only external people we worked with were a graphic designer and a web developer. The designer redid our PowerPoint materials and logo and the developer redid our website.

How did you come to work with Agency Growth Consultant LLC?

I knew Kelly for a couple of years and listened to stories of her past successes. I had the feeling that all of my team members would be comfortable working with her. I felt that she would be very open and honest with us about personal things that we might be doing correctly or incorrectly. She was very flexible about the ways to accomplish goals.

We invested about $40,000.

We started working together in July of 2018, and the partnership ended in December of 2018. Even after her contract ended, she continued supporting us to make sure all outcomes of the project were realized.

Everybody across the board was very happy with the outcomes. She was open to suggestions from us and very communicative throughout the project. We had no disagreements at all.

She taught me that identifying core categories to focus on as a business will help us grow, even if it limits our scope. That was an eye-opener for me that I wouldn’t have realized on my own.

We’ve stayed in touch because we belong to a networking group together. She recommends business to us if she runs across anyone that needs our type of service. These recommendations have turned into business that’s more than paid for the work that she did for us.

She had a contagious, positive outlook that made the whole process painless. We spoke on the phone and exchanged emails fairly regularly throughout the process. We even had face-to-face meetings about four times, not counting the times she interviewed each of our employees off-site.

She understands how important people are to business outcomes. She interviewed all the employees before she looked at any positioning or business pitches. This lent itself to getting better buy-in among the staff. For agencies that are so dependent on their people, it’s a really unique and smart way to start.

I was satisfied with the process from top to bottom. I would love to see her help other people as well.

Make sure you’re open-minded to her thought process and listen carefully. Don’t go into this with any preconceived notions about the outcome. I was anticipating that she would recommend that we change the name of the company. But, she felt we had too much equity in the company name to make any changes.

You might be told that you have people that aren’t ideal for the direction your business is going (although I did not have that situation myself). In that case, you should trust her, listen to her, and maintain an open mind about the outcomes.

SEO Consulting & Rebrand for Digital Marketing Firm

"They continue to be our go-to resource when we need an external opinion."

Nov. 2016 - Mar. 2018

Digital Web Consulting supported a rebranding initiative. They developed a plan to update our logo and UX/UI design, improved the site’s messaging function, and provided SEO consulting.

Lake Success, NY
CEO, Marketing Firm

Digital Web Consulting’s holistic approach to rebranding increased company morale. They adapted well to various work environments to deliver a clean product, and their ability to synthesize information allowed them to identify overlooked pain points.

I’m the CEO for a web development and marketing firm. We offer a broad range of services including web, application, content, and UI/UX development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Web Consulting?

We needed a digital marketing consultant to support rebranding. Although we have in-house designers and developers, we sought an external consultant who could provide an unbiased analysis.

Digital Web Consulting performed a holistic current state assessment, interviewing employees and clients. They then produced a set of recommendations that outlined the steps to update our brand over the next 25 years. Once we agreed upon a plan that made sense for us, they supported our re-launch initiative, which involved updating our logo and UX/UI design, consolidating the messaging function on the site, and providing SEO consulting.

I exclusively worked with their agency scaling consultant and principal, Kelly.

How did you come to work with Digital Web Consulting?

I met their agency scaling consultant as I was giving a lecture. I was impressed with the organization’s digital marketing experience and hired them. Since then, we’ve maintained a comfortable relationship.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 thus far.

The project took place November 2016–March 2018.

We haven’t gone live with the rebrand yet, so we don’t have quantitative metrics. However, Digital Web Consulting’s inclusion of every employee in the project had an intangible but immensely positive effect on our team’s morale. They integrated well with our internal team. We valued their ability to synthesize information and identify pain points that we had missed; it was refreshing.

How did Digital Web Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

As I mentioned, we worked exclusively with Kelly. We also used Teamwork Chat and our own extranet apps to communicate. Kelly is incredible to work with. She listens and doesn’t pitch ideas until she has a full understanding of all the relevant information.

Over the course of the engagement, they’ve earned an unparalleled level of respect. They continue to be our go-to resource when we need an external opinion. Furthermore, their clear comprehension of their strengths prevents them from overextending; they’re never in a position to perform poorly.

None that we can think of.

The more transparency there is between the customer and the vendor, the better the quality of the work produced.

Everything was clean and well delivered.

Digital Marketing & SEO for Workforce Management Site

"[W]hen she manages projects, she really understands the challenges and the business model."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Web Consulting worked with internal teams, as well as a third-party marketing vendor, to make a content-heavy site more user-friendly and innovative. They also contributed wireframes and SEO.

Chirag Mehta
CEO, NextCrew

Lead generation has been greater, and with a shorter sale cycle. Additionally, content on the site has been clearer and easier to navigate, larger partnerships have formed, and the site is #1 on Google for several targeted keywords. They’re a dedicated team that excels in project management.

I am the CEO of NextCrew. We offer an on-demand staffing platform to companies. It allows them to streamline their workforce management and operation.

What challenges were you trying to address with Digital Web?

We’ve been in business for about five years. Our content and message on the website were not clear enough. The technology we provide is very innovative, but our website didn’t articulate it that well to the audience. I needed the content rewritten so the message would be easy to understand for any user.

Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] provided wireframes and worked with MarketSmith who provided the contents. She also worked with the graphic designer to create images for the website. Along with that, she also did SEO to promote the website.

We have Google Analytics integration. She researched what keywords people were searching for in our industry and based on that; we came up with all the content with seven keywords in mind.

The first meeting started with Kelly where I explained our business, challenges, and objective. Jean [Founder, MarketSmith] is the owner of MarketSmith. After my detailed called with her, Kelly and Jean had a meeting to discuss the content strategy based on the keywords and market we wanted to target.

Based on the wireframing that Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] had done, Marketsmith provided content for each page. Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] made necessary changes for each page regarding keywords and SEO.

The graphic designer worked on creating different images for each page based on the branding guidelines provided by Kelly. Once images were created, Kelly fine-tuned and verified each image to ensure that they all follow the same brand guidelines.

Upon completion of wireframes, brand guidelines, contents, and images, our development team created the website using asp.net / c# front-end and SQL server back-end. Kelly provided feedback and fine-tuned pages when necessary.

How did you come to work with Digital Web?

I met Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] at a GrowCo conference five years ago.

$10,000-$15,000

We started working together in October 2016 and after deploying our new website, she is still part of our marketing team. On a monthly basis, she helps us out with various marketing strategies.

Since we launched the website, we have seen tremendous growth in our inbound leads. Our sales cycle is shorter because contents are easier to find, and messages are very clear. At the same time, our ranking on Google has also gone up for the targeted keywords.

How did Digital Web perform from a project management standpoint?

Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] is impressive. She’s great with getting back to me and making sure everything is performed in a timely fashion. I’ve been happy and impressed with her project management skills.

The key part of her skillset is when she manages projects; she understands the challenges and the business model. Secondly, she is resourceful regarding forming right team for your project based on your need and budget.

No, we’re happy.

Do you have any advice for anyone considering using Digital Web?

She understands our business and challenges. That’s key for any company.

She’s expensive.

Digital Web & SEO Consulting for Digital Marketing Agency

"[Digital Web Consulting] has helped me refocus not only our efforts but how we position ourselves as a business."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Web Consulting advises on SEO, website, and inbound marketing processes, including improvements for the existing sales strategy. They are also redesigning a website to develop individual campaigns.

Madison, New Jersey
CEO, Digital Marketing Agency

Digital Web Consulting transformed an inefficient sales process to produce more leads and improve daily operations. They provide key referrals to help support increased business and prepare extensively for meetings. They are reliable, punctual, and experienced with a strong business acumen.

My company is based in Madison, New Jersey. We are a digital marketing agency that works with growing middle market companies, both in the for-profit and non-profit sector. We start with a product build whether that would be a website, a mini-site, an application of some sort, and then we work to build digital programs and marketing campaigns that will then drive traffic and hopefully close sales and donations to that particular product.

We’ve been in business for 12 years in some iteration or another. We started in the traditional sense and evolved into a fully digital firm. I’m the co-founder and now CEO. I had a partner for a few years, however, we parted ways and now I am full owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Web Consulting?

When you’re a sole CEO and there is no true partner you can get into boxed thinking. You can convince yourself that you are making all the right calls. I needed someone that was going to challenge me on my assumptions and bring a fresh perspective and experience to the table to add to my understanding of the business. I needed a coach too, someone who could hold my feet to the fire when I was trying to achieve certain goals.

This is a brand-new engagement. I have been reluctant over the course of my career as a business owner to hire an outside consultant. One, because I thought I knew the business better than anybody else, but more importantly, a lot of these people position themselves as “experts” but they’ve never run a business or started a business from the ground up.

There are a couple big players in this field that write books and talk a good game about what a digital agency needs to do to compete and stay competitive, but they themselves haven’t been through the process. Maybe they’ve worked at a larger agency, but they haven’t built it from the ground up. What attracted me to Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant for DWC] the most was that she was in my shoes at one point and grew her agency to whatever volume of business and was able to sell it. She knows what I’m going through and agency owners are going through, so you get that expertise based on actual experience.

One of our weaker areas is our own website and search engine optimization and ways to bring in additional clients through inbound marketing. I think the biggest thing that Kelly has helped me with is helping me transform our sales process. Prior to meeting her, my sales process consisted of me networking like crazy, picking up the phone like crazy and very randomly trying to get clients in the door in a hyper-competitive market.

Kelly has helped me refocus not only our business efforts but also how we position ourselves as a business. Our next step is to refigure our website and all our concepts around our brand promise.

Kelly’s playing a big role in helping us redesign our website not only in terms visuals, but how we are going to segment our different channels, product lines, and service lines. This will help us develop individual campaigns and allow us to really utilize the power of the web. We tell clients they should be using the web to bring traffic in, however, we don’t adhere to our own philosophy. Kelly is helping us do that now and that’s something I couldn’t have done on my own. I needed her or someone in her position to come in and help get us organized on this front.

She’s advising us on PPC, however, that is not really something we are including in our marketing plan right now; we’re more focused on organic results, email marketing, and content production. Paid may be part of it when time goes on, but right now we’re looking at developing landing pages and case studies around our existing products and services to bring in traffic.

Kelly was our main point of contact. She brought in a whole team of referrals including people we’ve actually gone on to employ for other projects. She’s put me in touch with a great developer, SEO strategist, PPC team, and a writer. Part of her value proposition to us was to help us fill in the gaps so we could expand as we got more business in. These individuals were people she had come to work with over the years. I don’t know if they were in-house employees of hers at any point, but they were part of her extended team.

How did you come to work with Digital Web Consulting?

I was introduced to her through a colleague and business associate of mine who works in one of our channels. We do a lot of work in the non-profit sector and he’s pretty big in that sector, but not from a digital standpoint. He’s more of a fundraising consultant and I value his opinion pretty highly. He knew Kelly and introduced the two of us so it was a good referral.

I’ve spent $10,000 so far.

I started working with her in May or June 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

Whether it’s been because of Kelly or not, the business has completely turned around from the beginning of the year. We’re getting all kinds of potential leads coming in and the way we’re managing them and squeezing profit out of them is night and day from what I was doing before.

Our website is still in planning stages. Our operations are improving daily, and I think the most immediate impact you’ll see is we are able to charge more from our clients and not feel bad about it anymore. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I was in this mindset prior to meeting Kelly that you have to cater to clients at every moment in every way or they’re going to walk out.

Kelly helped us unlock the true value of what we offer and allow us to really charge for the expertise that we bring. There’s a psychological benefit as well. There is a way to approach business that she teaches you that is essential.

How did Digital Web Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

People sticking to their word is one of the things that I consider very important in any partner relationship or any business relationship. We may not be the biggest client she has but she has been spot on as far as that goes.

We have 1 monthly meeting that’s formally set up. She plans it out 5 months in advance and gets it on the calendar. She is on time every time and then she allows me to text her and in emergency situations gives me a call. She’s always there. If she can’t make it, she’ll just ask if we can bump it a couple of hours and we’ll speak then. She’s incredibly responsive. If she wasn’t, I wouldn’t be working with her. When you’re busy, you don’t have time for people that are consistently dropping the ball.

Kelly and I correspond mostly through phone calls and texting. She conforms to the clients’ communication needs and, in my case, text is the easiest. We use email to elaborate on things if we have to, but that’s rare.

She comes to the table with actual experience, which sets her apart. There are people who very arrogantly dominate the industry and talk down in terms of this is what you have to do even though they’ve never done it before. In Kelly’s case, she’s actually been there. Because of this, her advice is invaluable. She also brings stability to the relationship.

There’s nothing that I would call out on her. The things that I look for like punctuality, quality of work provided, business acumen; all three are there.