Helping established creative agencies transform.

Having started, scaled and sold a digital agency in NY, Kelly Campbell is an agency growth consultant helping established creative and tech agencies transform.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For over 15 years, I brings the rare trifecta of keen creative and technical guidance, proven digital marketing and business development strategy, and a deep passion for social and environmental impact.

Working with creative agency leadership, I focuse on the 4 P's of growth: people, positioning, pipeline and profitability.

We might be a good fit for one another if you run an established, mid-level creative or tech agency ($2-30MM in annual revenue), are looking to scale, and are committed to investing in the transformation of your business.

Uniquely qualified and passionate, my experience in entrepreneurship, business development strategy, project management, branding, design, communications, digital marketing and web technology, makes me extraordinarily valuable and versatile. I have the breadth and depth of knowledge needed to quickly recognize gaps, collaborate on practical and cost-effective solutions, find the perfect resources, and support clients as they attain remarkable results.

Nyack, NY

Creative, Media + Tech Agencies ($2-30MM in Annual Revenue; 10-100 Employees)

SEO Consulting & Rebrand for Digital Marketing Firm

"They continue to be our go-to resource when we need an external opinion."

Nov. 2016 - Mar. 2018

Digital Web Consulting supported a rebranding initiative. They developed a plan to update our logo and UX/UI design, improved the site’s messaging function, and provided SEO consulting.

Lake Success, NY
CEO, Marketing Firm

Digital Web Consulting’s holistic approach to rebranding increased company morale. They adapted well to various work environments to deliver a clean product, and their ability to synthesize information allowed them to identify overlooked pain points.

I’m the CEO for a web development and marketing firm. We offer a broad range of services including web, application, content, and UI/UX development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Web Consulting?

We needed a digital marketing consultant to support rebranding. Although we have in-house designers and developers, we sought an external consultant who could provide an unbiased analysis.

Digital Web Consulting performed a holistic current state assessment, interviewing employees and clients. They then produced a set of recommendations that outlined the steps to update our brand over the next 25 years. Once we agreed upon a plan that made sense for us, they supported our re-launch initiative, which involved updating our logo and UX/UI design, consolidating the messaging function on the site, and providing SEO consulting.

I exclusively worked with their agency scaling consultant and principal, Kelly.

How did you come to work with Digital Web Consulting?

I met their agency scaling consultant as I was giving a lecture. I was impressed with the organization’s digital marketing experience and hired them. Since then, we’ve maintained a comfortable relationship.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 thus far.

The project took place November 2016–March 2018.

We haven’t gone live with the rebrand yet, so we don’t have quantitative metrics. However, Digital Web Consulting’s inclusion of every employee in the project had an intangible but immensely positive effect on our team’s morale. They integrated well with our internal team. We valued their ability to synthesize information and identify pain points that we had missed; it was refreshing.

How did Digital Web Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

As I mentioned, we worked exclusively with Kelly. We also used Teamwork Chat and our own extranet apps to communicate. Kelly is incredible to work with. She listens and doesn’t pitch ideas until she has a full understanding of all the relevant information.

Over the course of the engagement, they’ve earned an unparalleled level of respect. They continue to be our go-to resource when we need an external opinion. Furthermore, their clear comprehension of their strengths prevents them from overextending; they’re never in a position to perform poorly.

None that we can think of.

The more transparency there is between the customer and the vendor, the better the quality of the work produced.

Everything was clean and well delivered.

Digital Marketing & SEO for Workforce Management Site

"[W]hen she manages projects, she really understands the challenges and the business model."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Web Consulting worked with internal teams, as well as a third-party marketing vendor, to make a content-heavy site more user-friendly and innovative. They also contributed wireframes and SEO.

Chirag Mehta
CEO, NextCrew

Lead generation has been greater, and with a shorter sale cycle. Additionally, content on the site has been clearer and easier to navigate, larger partnerships have formed, and the site is #1 on Google for several targeted keywords. They’re a dedicated team that excels in project management.

I am the CEO of NextCrew. We offer an on-demand staffing platform to companies. It allows them to streamline their workforce management and operation.

What challenges were you trying to address with Digital Web?

We’ve been in business for about five years. Our content and message on the website were not clear enough. The technology we provide is very innovative, but our website didn’t articulate it that well to the audience. I needed the content rewritten so the message would be easy to understand for any user.

Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] provided wireframes and worked with MarketSmith who provided the contents. She also worked with the graphic designer to create images for the website. Along with that, she also did SEO to promote the website.

We have Google Analytics integration. She researched what keywords people were searching for in our industry and based on that; we came up with all the content with seven keywords in mind.

The first meeting started with Kelly where I explained our business, challenges, and objective. Jean [Founder, MarketSmith] is the owner of MarketSmith. After my detailed called with her, Kelly and Jean had a meeting to discuss the content strategy based on the keywords and market we wanted to target.

Based on the wireframing that Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] had done, Marketsmith provided content for each page. Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] made necessary changes for each page regarding keywords and SEO.

The graphic designer worked on creating different images for each page based on the branding guidelines provided by Kelly. Once images were created, Kelly fine-tuned and verified each image to ensure that they all follow the same brand guidelines.

Upon completion of wireframes, brand guidelines, contents, and images, our development team created the website using asp.net / c# front-end and SQL server back-end. Kelly provided feedback and fine-tuned pages when necessary.

How did you come to work with Digital Web?

I met Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] at a GrowCo conference five years ago.

$10,000-$15,000

We started working together in October 2016 and after deploying our new website, she is still part of our marketing team. On a monthly basis, she helps us out with various marketing strategies.

Since we launched the website, we have seen tremendous growth in our inbound leads. Our sales cycle is shorter because contents are easier to find, and messages are very clear. At the same time, our ranking on Google has also gone up for the targeted keywords.

How did Digital Web perform from a project management standpoint?

Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant, Digital Web Consulting] is impressive. She’s great with getting back to me and making sure everything is performed in a timely fashion. I’ve been happy and impressed with her project management skills.

The key part of her skillset is when she manages projects; she understands the challenges and the business model. Secondly, she is resourceful regarding forming right team for your project based on your need and budget.

No, we’re happy.

Do you have any advice for anyone considering using Digital Web?

She understands our business and challenges. That’s key for any company.

She’s expensive.

Digital Web & SEO Consulting for Digital Marketing Agency

"[Digital Web Consulting] has helped me refocus not only our efforts but how we position ourselves as a business."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Digital Web Consulting advises on SEO, website, and inbound marketing processes, including improvements for the existing sales strategy. They are also redesigning a website to develop individual campaigns.

Madison, New Jersey
CEO, Digital Marketing Agency

Digital Web Consulting transformed an inefficient sales process to produce more leads and improve daily operations. They provide key referrals to help support increased business and prepare extensively for meetings. They are reliable, punctual, and experienced with a strong business acumen.

My company is based in Madison, New Jersey. We are a digital marketing agency that works with growing middle market companies, both in the for-profit and non-profit sector. We start with a product build whether that would be a website, a mini-site, an application of some sort, and then we work to build digital programs and marketing campaigns that will then drive traffic and hopefully close sales and donations to that particular product.

We’ve been in business for 12 years in some iteration or another. We started in the traditional sense and evolved into a fully digital firm. I’m the co-founder and now CEO. I had a partner for a few years, however, we parted ways and now I am full owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Digital Web Consulting?

When you’re a sole CEO and there is no true partner you can get into boxed thinking. You can convince yourself that you are making all the right calls. I needed someone that was going to challenge me on my assumptions and bring a fresh perspective and experience to the table to add to my understanding of the business. I needed a coach too, someone who could hold my feet to the fire when I was trying to achieve certain goals.

This is a brand-new engagement. I have been reluctant over the course of my career as a business owner to hire an outside consultant. One, because I thought I knew the business better than anybody else, but more importantly, a lot of these people position themselves as “experts” but they’ve never run a business or started a business from the ground up.

There are a couple big players in this field that write books and talk a good game about what a digital agency needs to do to compete and stay competitive, but they themselves haven’t been through the process. Maybe they’ve worked at a larger agency, but they haven’t built it from the ground up. What attracted me to Kelly [Agency Scaling Consultant for DWC] the most was that she was in my shoes at one point and grew her agency to whatever volume of business and was able to sell it. She knows what I’m going through and agency owners are going through, so you get that expertise based on actual experience.

One of our weaker areas is our own website and search engine optimization and ways to bring in additional clients through inbound marketing. I think the biggest thing that Kelly has helped me with is helping me transform our sales process. Prior to meeting her, my sales process consisted of me networking like crazy, picking up the phone like crazy and very randomly trying to get clients in the door in a hyper-competitive market.

Kelly has helped me refocus not only our business efforts but also how we position ourselves as a business. Our next step is to refigure our website and all our concepts around our brand promise.

Kelly’s playing a big role in helping us redesign our website not only in terms visuals, but how we are going to segment our different channels, product lines, and service lines. This will help us develop individual campaigns and allow us to really utilize the power of the web. We tell clients they should be using the web to bring traffic in, however, we don’t adhere to our own philosophy. Kelly is helping us do that now and that’s something I couldn’t have done on my own. I needed her or someone in her position to come in and help get us organized on this front.

She’s advising us on PPC, however, that is not really something we are including in our marketing plan right now; we’re more focused on organic results, email marketing, and content production. Paid may be part of it when time goes on, but right now we’re looking at developing landing pages and case studies around our existing products and services to bring in traffic.

Kelly was our main point of contact. She brought in a whole team of referrals including people we’ve actually gone on to employ for other projects. She’s put me in touch with a great developer, SEO strategist, PPC team, and a writer. Part of her value proposition to us was to help us fill in the gaps so we could expand as we got more business in. These individuals were people she had come to work with over the years. I don’t know if they were in-house employees of hers at any point, but they were part of her extended team.

How did you come to work with Digital Web Consulting?

I was introduced to her through a colleague and business associate of mine who works in one of our channels. We do a lot of work in the non-profit sector and he’s pretty big in that sector, but not from a digital standpoint. He’s more of a fundraising consultant and I value his opinion pretty highly. He knew Kelly and introduced the two of us so it was a good referral.

I’ve spent $10,000 so far.

I started working with her in May or June 2017, and the relationship is ongoing.

Whether it’s been because of Kelly or not, the business has completely turned around from the beginning of the year. We’re getting all kinds of potential leads coming in and the way we’re managing them and squeezing profit out of them is night and day from what I was doing before.

Our website is still in planning stages. Our operations are improving daily, and I think the most immediate impact you’ll see is we are able to charge more from our clients and not feel bad about it anymore. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I was in this mindset prior to meeting Kelly that you have to cater to clients at every moment in every way or they’re going to walk out.

Kelly helped us unlock the true value of what we offer and allow us to really charge for the expertise that we bring. There’s a psychological benefit as well. There is a way to approach business that she teaches you that is essential.

How did Digital Web Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

People sticking to their word is one of the things that I consider very important in any partner relationship or any business relationship. We may not be the biggest client she has but she has been spot on as far as that goes.

We have 1 monthly meeting that’s formally set up. She plans it out 5 months in advance and gets it on the calendar. She is on time every time and then she allows me to text her and in emergency situations gives me a call. She’s always there. If she can’t make it, she’ll just ask if we can bump it a couple of hours and we’ll speak then. She’s incredibly responsive. If she wasn’t, I wouldn’t be working with her. When you’re busy, you don’t have time for people that are consistently dropping the ball.

Kelly and I correspond mostly through phone calls and texting. She conforms to the clients’ communication needs and, in my case, text is the easiest. We use email to elaborate on things if we have to, but that’s rare.

She comes to the table with actual experience, which sets her apart. There are people who very arrogantly dominate the industry and talk down in terms of this is what you have to do even though they’ve never done it before. In Kelly’s case, she’s actually been there. Because of this, her advice is invaluable. She also brings stability to the relationship.

There’s nothing that I would call out on her. The things that I look for like punctuality, quality of work provided, business acumen; all three are there.