Build to last.

9thWonder is an ambitious, independent marketing agency composed of diverse thinkers committed to creating not just short-term but long-lasting impact for its clients. We unearth hidden opportunities in marketing in order to create something special that stands the test of time. We bring together a group of diverse minds across offices in Houston, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires, Argentina and Nha Trang, Vietnam to serve our clients.

2018
  • 7th floor, VCN Building URBAN VINH DIEM TRUNG
    NHA TRANG 8
    Vietnam

Full Service Digital for Marketing Agency in Aerospace

“They never fail to surprise me and they always come up with unique solutions I hadn’t thought about.”

Aug. 2010 - Ongoing

9thWonder has been a long-term web service provider for a marketing agency. They’ve provided support for everything from SEO, to SMM and web development.

David Dickerson
Principal, GraceDickerson Inc.

The 9thWonder team are experts in their field. They provide unique solutions and have extensive technical skill. They communicate effectively and have been reliable partners for more than a decade.

I’m the founder and principal of a marketing consultancy that specializes in the aerospace industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with 9thWonder?

We do quite a bit of web work for our clients, and we needed a specialist in that area. 9thWonder is our web services provider.

We have multiple projects with 9thWonder. We’ve used them several times over the years. We’ve done everything from SEO to building complete websites and social media with them. We typically used WordPress when we design assignments. They also work in Drupal and a few other things as well.

It varies between 2–6 people.

How did you come to work with 9thWonder?

We were referred to another team about 10 years ago. We started working with the team and then they were acquired by 9thWonder. It’s the same team, though.

We’ve spent about $100,000–$200,000.

We started working together in August 2010 and it’s ongoing.

They’re excellent. They’re truly subject matter experts. I’m very happy with them. We’ve just started on a brand-new assignment, and they continue to be great partners.

How did 9thWonder perform from a project management standpoint?

They nail their stuff. It’s always ready when they say it will be. We typically email and call to communicate. Since COVID–19, we no longer meet in person. They communicate very well though.

Their technological expertise. They never fail to surprise me and they always come up with unique solutions I hadn’t thought about.

During the acquisition, there was a bit of difficulty on the accounting side. It isn’t really a criticism; that kind of thing happens.

Come to them with what you want to accomplish and let them surprise you with their ideas. Rather than telling them what you want to do, let them show you their options.

Branding & Marketing for Retail E-Commerce Site

“We’re excited to launch the company with this brand.”

Jan. – Mar. 2020

9thWonder created a logo and brand guide for a startup. After going through a discovery process and brand workshop, they tested core messaging and developed a roll-out plan.

Owner, Retail E-Commerce Site

Although the project hasn’t launched yet, third-parties in the industry have been impressed by the brand. 9thWonder delivered high-quality work that tested well. The team was professional and organized, ensuring a smooth collaboration.

I’m the founder and CEO of an online collaboration platform to create custom GIFs.

What challenge were you trying to address with 9thWonder?

We were doing startup work with them. We had an idea, a concept, and a name. They helped us with the logo, a full branding book, as well as core messaging for the brand.

There were two elements of the project. First, they did the creation of a logo and the brand guide, including colors and images. Then we went through a full messaging process which included discovery, brand workshop, interviews, research, and ultimately testing of our core messages. Finally, they delivered a roll-out plan.

We had a team of 5–6 and a core team of four people. We had a very capable project manager who was our day to day logistical lead, but the head of creative was our primary touchpoint. I also had contact with the CMO because of a previous relationship I had.

How did you come to work with 9thWonder?

I worked with them at another company on another branding and web development project. I had a good experience with them at that point. They’ve evolved as a company, have grown, and have new capabilities, so I was excited to work with them again.

We spent about $30,000.

The project lasted from January–March 2020.

Since we’re in the midst of launching, I don’t have any hard metrics yet. I’m also working with another design firm that is building our website, and they tested all of our messaging and imagery, and it tested well. So feedback from independent experts in the field has been very positive, which is reinforcing. Our team is really happy with the work as well. We’re excited to launch the company with this brand.

How did 9thWonder perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very professional and well-organized. They managed us well and brought us along effectively. We were lucky enough to complete most of our work before COVID-19, so we did most of our collaboration in-person or over email. They do have communication platforms; we just took advantage of being local.

Their process is very strong. They learned what we were trying to accomplish and then layered on their creative capability n top of that. We didn’t really know what we wanted, but they were able to use the dialog they had with s to create something that was right, even if we couldn’t verbalize exactly what we wanted at the beginning of the process.

I don’t think so.

Try to articulate what you want to accomplish and then provide feedback along the way. They’re very good at incorporating feedback and creating something even better through an iterative process. They can definitely create something great without a lot of direction, but if you’re an engaged customer, they’re exceptional at bringing out the best solution.

Web Development & Maintenance for Law Firm

“I felt like I had a true partner and a true team member in them throughout the entire process.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

9thWonder developed a web platform using Kentico Software. After a kickoff meeting, they offered two site designs. The team also helped with blogs and newsletters. They continue to maintain and update the site.

Lindsay Vassar
Marketing Coordinator, Law Firm

The user-friendly, functional platform effectively showcases the firm’s uniqueness. Flexible and creative, the 9thWonder team has an impressive track record working with clients in a variety of industries. Customers can expect a personable partner that will deliver the results they’re looking for.

I’m the marketing coordinator for a law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with 9thWonder?

We hadn’t had a new website in 10 years. Our existing site was burdensome and difficult to update. It didn’t function well, and we didn’t have a mobile application.

Most businesses need sales platforms with click-throughs, but we don’t operate like normal businesses. We needed a validation tool. Our clients need to be able to come to our website and easily find our attorneys, our information, and the areas that we practice.

9thWonder not only developed our new website but made sure it showcased our uniqueness as a firm. They built an entire platform using Kentico Software. We didn’t give them much to work off of; we just showed them our old, unattractive website and told them who we were and where we wanted to be.

We did a kickoff meeting that was several hours long. They walked us through who we are at the core of our company and then, from there, they ran with it. I loved that they came to us with two pitches as far as what the website could look like; they were two very different designs and concepts. They let us choose which direction we wanted to go in.

They really walked us through what our key objectives were. They also worked with us on best practices and making sure the site was as easy as possible for our clients. They helped catch us up by doing new marketing initiatives, like blogs and newsletters, so that we stood out against our competition.

9thWonder still maintains our website. We have a certain number of hours every month that we can use to make changes.

I had one account manager throughout the entire process. As certain needs arose, they would bring in specific team members who were working seamlessly in the background. If there needed to be a conversation with that person, our account manager would facilitate that. I occasionally talked with 4–5 people over the course of the development.

How did you come to work with 9thWonder?

We interviewed six firms. I had worked with 9thWonder's owner at a different company, where he was on our board. They had redone our nonprofit website pro bono, and I was really impressed with the work that they did.

I had been at my current company for less than six months when I suggested that we use 9thWonder. They came in and pitched to us. They did a simple survey to find out what we have and who our audience is.

Their price point stood out, as did their culture; they just fit. Our company is very culturally motivated, and they seemed to get us. They had obviously done their research because they knew more about us than any of the other companies. They knew who we were and where we were going before they even walked in the door. Their presentation really solidified in our team’s mind that they were the right partner. They were also only five minutes up the street, which was convenient for us. They weren’t the cheapest, but they weren’t the most expensive.

My company spent $55,000.

The development was from October 2017–July 2018. They continue to maintain the website.

The new platform has made it much easier to add content to our website. I can also get information out much quicker, which has helped me tremendously. We’ve had more newsletter subscribers. We’re also getting some of the traditional click rates that we needed, but it’s been more about improving our brand.

Since launching the site, they’ve been such a great sounding board to make sure that we’re maintaining and updating the site appropriately. I appreciate their partnership tremendously.

How did 9thWonder perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was really great. From the beginning, they provided a timeline with mile markers. They were really flexible in helping us change those as we needed to expand the deadlines. They very much handheld us through the process because we’re a law firm. They gave us a sample timeline, and we smashed it to pieces because we’re attorneys, and we move slowly sometimes. With end of year being in the middle of the project, we had to take a timeout on work because the attorneys were really busy wrapping things up for clients.

They can definitely do things faster than our timeframe, and they can also take a lot longer. They told me they were working with someone where it took two years to do their website because of what the client wanted. They’re very adaptable. Having one account manager really helped; it was nice to have a seamless process with just one person. We used Excel to track things and Google Docs.

I was always most impressed with their creativity and ability to understand our industry, which is difficult if you’ve never worked in it. If you look at their portfolio, it’s pretty clear that they’re incredibly talented. It’s really difficult to work in various industries and understand all of them, but they work with everyone, from us — a midsize regional firm — to local restaurants and larger corporations with very technical and complicated businesses.

They’re able to dive in, understand their client’s needs in a really significant way, and get the outcome that their clients are looking for. They’re incredibly personable as well. They make it so easy to work with them. I felt like I had a true partner and a true team member in them throughout the entire process.

Everyone is happy with what we got, but there was just some confusion amongst our attorneys around how the process worked. I don’t know if they or I needed to be better at explaining and guiding. However, it worked out and was completely fine.

Don’t hesitate to rely on them. I spent a substantial amount of time proving to our attorneys that this was the right way. 9thWonder did a lot of research for me to help the team understand why we were doing things the way we were. Don’t hesitate to ask for more information. They’re a great resource and have a lot of really good information. They’re always happy to help and get you on the phone with the right people. They will come in and present. They’re a great partner. Treat them like an internal partner.

Their price was fair for what we got.

National Radio Campaign for Broadcast Company

"Their professionalism, dedication, and friendliness impressed us."

9thWonder spearheads a broadcast company's national radio campaign.

Rye, New York
Bob O'Connor
Account Director, Broadcast Media Firm

The advertising campaign garnered favorable feedback from stakeholders. 9thWonder consistently provided great communication, paving way for their output's positive results.

I am an Account Director at a national audio advertising network. I reached out to 9th Wonder in order to work with one of their clients. A client who I felt could benefit from a partnership with my network.

For what projects/services did your company hire 9thWonder?

My company teamed with 9th Wonder on a national radio campaign.

To increase sales for 9th Wonder's client via a creative national advertising schedule

How did you select 9thWonder?

9th Wonder was the agency of record for the company that I was targeting.

The 9th Wonder team worked with me on a number of ideas designed to maximize the efficiency and scope of their client's campaign. After several meetings and discussions, we arrived upon a plan that met the needs of all parties.

I mainly worked with Elyse and Sandra, both are wonderful people!

We received nothing but positive reviews from the client. The advertising campaign was considered to be a success.

Perfect workflow! They have tremendous communication.

Their professionalism, dedication, and friendliness impressed us. Good job to Elyse, Sandra, and their team!

None.