It's a challenge to stay organized online, but WordPress and GoDaddy's centralized platforms help you keep track of multiple projects.
Things were running smoothly at Seahawk Media Group in 2015. We were managing many websites, but there was just one problem: We had to keep track of multiple licenses, credentials, and products for all of our clients without using a centralized platform to manage them. Sites were hosted different places, domains were purchased from different registrars, and we were keeping track of this information on Excel documents. It felt antiquated.
In 2016, we decided to revamp our processes to implement the new GoDaddy Pro Program. Now, as an active GoDaddy Pro Plus and WordPress user, this was one of the best decisions I have made in my professional career. Here is why we chose the platform.
Centralize Your Business Online With Pro Managed WordPress
Managed WordPress (WP) is GoDaddy's professional WordPress hosting platform. We use it on all of our clients’ website for many reasons:
- Managed WP runs extremely fast because of performance-enhanced caching. Web servers depend on caching, or storing data temporarily, to enhance their performance and make the experience faster for users.
- The servers are configured specifically for WordPress websites. This alleviates the hassle of manually installing WordPress.
- The platform allows us to login into WordPress at the click of a button through the GoDaddy Pro delegate access tool. Clients who like to blog can easily login without having to enter WordPress admin credentials.
- With a Basic Managed WP plan, you can get up to 25,000 visitors a month.
Managed WordPress hosting is the new way to get started with a website. With 74.6 million websites operating on WordPress, we predict an increase in Managed WP-hosted websites. It has never been so easy to set up a basic WordPress website. This can inspire more people to start personal or business blogs.
The picture below is content management system usage statistics.
Our go-to CMS is WordPress, the most widely used content management system (48%).
Pro Managed WP Offers Free Domain
Buying a domain is fairly simple. You find a registrar like GoDaddy, purchase it for around $13 a year, and then leave it on auto-renew.
Things can get complicated when you purchase your domain from a different registrar, separate from your hosting because managing the domain name system (DNS) in two separate places requires you to have two accounts with two different companies.
We always recommend purchasing your domain through GoDaddy or transferring it over there to keep everything centralized. Managing your domain with GoDaddy allows your developer to easily notify clients about expiring domains and products. A free domain comes bundled with Pro Managed WordPress hosting.
Pro Managed WP’s SSL Establishes Trust
A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a must-have for professional websites and comes pre-installed with Pro Managed WordPress hosting.
An SSL certifies and encrypts the data that comes to a website. You can identify an SSL with the green padlock in the URL or an “s” after the “http” in the URL.
Many major companies like GoDaddy and Shopify use an SSL to encrypt any data passing through. This is essential for any business owner looking to establish a trustworthy and professional website, especially when accepting online payments. In 2015, an SSL was purchased separately from hosting. Now it comes pre-installed and bundled in, making things less complex and more affordable.
GoDaddy Offers Web Security
GoDaddy’s acquisition of Sucuri was a major upgrade and had an immediate impact on customer satisfaction. We used to experience malware injections and hacks, but since we started using Sucuri, our sites have been malware- and problem-free.
Malware can slow down your site, display inappropriate content, and damage your reputation. Based on our experience, Sucuri is the best way to prevent it and also wipe it clean.
Website security will soon come bundled with Pro Managed WordPress hosting, but for now, it is purchased separately on GoDaddy.
Sucuri offers services such as detection, protection, performance, backups, and response.
Sucuri’s services ensure that your website is more secure.
We always recommend starting out on an essential security plan because it is the most affordable and takes care of the larger sites we manage.
Business Email With Google
We recommend managing all of your website-related products through GoDaddy; however, we suggest using G Suite for a domain email.
Google centralization is another important task for all businesses. The majority of your traffic comes from Google, so all ends need to be set up properly. G Suite, Google Analytics, and Google My Business are important tools related to a website within a Google account.
- Business email with G Suite: A business email ([email protected]) is different from a personal email ([email protected]). It makes you look professional. A business email listed on your website will also keep things separate from your personal email. We recommend doing this through G Suite, Google’s business email tool. Although GoDaddy offers a business email solution, we recommend G Suite because you will control Google Analytics, Google My Business, and Google AdWords through it.
- Google My Business: To get listed on the Google My Business directory, you will receive a letter in the mail to sign and send back for verification. This will get you listed locally. There is also additional information that you need to provide to ensure a proper set-up.
- Google Analytics: Analytics will harbor all of your website data such as page views, sessions, visitor type, and many more metrics. It is good to keep this centralized with your G Suite business email.
Get Started With GoDaddy
We now rely on GoDaddy, and if we ever have any issues, its support team always takes care of us.
Centralizing your web products is crucial for organization purposes. It reduces the headache of juggling accounts and bills. It used to be a challenge to stay organized on the web, but now you can have all of your products in one place with Pro Managed WordPress hosting. This comes with a free domain and SSL — all of the products you need to become successful online.
About the Author
Ryan Hussey is the owner of Seahawk Media and is a GoDaddy Pro. Operating out of his apartment, he develops and manages websites for SMBs and major sports agencies. With a passion for desktop and mobile experiences, he is a WordPress enthusiast.