A Veteran Custom Software Developer

Gold

Zco Corporation is a trusted custom software development vendor that has built its reputation for excellence over nearly three decades. We've created robust software solutions for entrepreneurs, startups, and Fortune 500 companies alike. We offer our clients access to one of the largest teams of engineers, artists, designers, and project managers in the industry.

Technical Capabilities

• City of Lowell, Massachusetts
  • APR Energy
  • GolfLogix

Technical Proficiencies:

React JS • Unity • PHP • .NET Core • Go • React Native • Flutter • NodeJS • Kotlin • MongoDB • jQuery • AJAX • SQL • AWS • Swift • Objective-C • Java • C# • HTML5 • JavaScript • C++ • Xamarin • Appcelerator • Titanium

1989
Nashua, NH
  • 58 Technology Way, Suite 2w10
    Nashua, NH 03060
  • 745 Atlantic Ave
    Boston, MA 02111

Verizon • Microsoft • John Hancock • Liberty Mutual • Coolmax Socks • BBC America • Chatsworth Products • Align Communications • Flint Group • City of Lowell, Massachusetts • Management Sciences for Health • APR Energy • The Morning Star Company • Utz Quality Foods • American Hotel & Lodging
SMI Adviser Image

SMI Adviser

Submit questions, access resources, and receive guidance from national experts in SMI. It’s a fantastic resource for anyone providing care to those with serious mental illness.

SuperDraft Image

SuperDraft

Start winning cash now with SuperDraft and experience one day fantasy sports like never before. Get ready to prove your skills, get competitive, and take control of your fantasy. SuperDraft’s mission is to deliver winning experiences to every sports fan, and that includes you!

RangeFox Image

RangeFox

Make the most of your firearms training. Range Time and Ammunition are both valuable. Get as much as possible out of both. Reference our growing directory of drills to plan your next range day, or use the dry fire mode to bring structure to your at home training.

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence Image

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence

Using state-of-the-art technology and professionally-developed training programs, The SpotOn System allows you to contain or track your dog almost anywhere around the globe—all via a single, durable collar, accompanying mobile app, and customizable training program.

invisaWear Image

invisaWear

invisaWear has created smart jewelry and accessories to redefine personal protection. A small device is hidden within fashionable items, allowing users to instantly contact their friends, family, and police during an emergency.

GolfLogix Image

GolfLogix

GolfLogix helps players read the greens like professionals. The app lets players know exactly how their approach shots will roll and how their putts will break. The app works across many courses, with additional courses being added over time.

Burndy Connect Image

Burndy Connect

The Burndy Connect app allows users to browse the company’s extensive product catalog, configure tools in the field, and find technical specifications on-demand.

The COOP Squad Image

The COOP Squad

The Coop Squad App is an exciting collection of games, activated by Coop Squad collectable character cards earned as rewards through participation in a Great American or QSP Canada fundraising program.

MIND LAMP Image

MIND LAMP

MIND LAMP is a neuropsychiatric research app that runs on both iOS and Android devices. Designed to help users Learn, Assess, Manage, and Prevent, LAMP is a versatile tool that can be customized for numerous clinical and research needs.

CMC Connect Image

CMC Connect

CMC Connect allows patients and visitors to access Catholic Medical Center’s locations, register for classes and events, explore career opportunities, and more.

Barton Tiles Image

Barton Tiles

The Barton Tiles Reading and Spelling System is a revolutionary teaching and learning solution made developed for Bright Solutions for Dyslexia, Inc., a worldwide expert in the field of dyslexia.

TDJ Golf Image

TDJ Golf

TDJ Golf is an award-winning app that let's users build their ideal fantasy PGA team, competing against other users for prizes and bragging rights.

Zentangle Image

Zentangle

The Zentangle Method uses structured drawing techniques to promote focus and well-being. Users snap photos of their drawings and share them with the world, where anyone can arrange tiles into custom mosaics, appreciate individual drawings and artists, and search for tiles by artist, country, tangle, and hashtag.

eKeystone Image

eKeystone

The eKeystone business to business app is the automotive aftermarket industry's best parts lookup and order tool, developed exclusively for Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc customers.

Development for Furniture Donation App

"They never gave me the indication that they would commit any less than their best effort."

Working from existing designs, Zco developed a mobile app on iOS and Android, along with website capabilities.

Virginia
CEO, Furniture Donation App

The team's project management and engineering were exceptional. Zco included current employees in every aspect of the process, taking the time to share screenshots of the app before it was built. They were responsive to requests for changes, and continue to provide top-notch support.

Please describe your company.

My company is Gratispicks. We are an app company that deals with things that people no longer have a need or use for, things that people would give away for free. For example, you have something in your house that you don’t want anymore, such as an old television. You can take a picture of it, post it to your friends' group, your family's group, as well as privately or publicly. If you post it publicly, everyone with the phone app will see that television.

As you post it, you have the option to post it for one day, two days, three days, or a week. Once you post it, the clock starts to tick with a countdown. Once the time expires, the system automatically and randomly chooses a winner. You and that winner will get a push notification stating the name of the person who won the item. The winner has five days to get in contact with you via the information that you left. The winner can contact you by email or cell phone. The app is all about generosity and helping people.

Another scenario might be if someone's grandmother passed away and left them in charge of her assets and belongings. If the person wanted to distribute these things to the family members and didn’t want anyone to become upset, they would post these belongings on the app and categorize them just to family. The family members would see all the items that are posted, such as furniture or whatever. The family members would choose the items. When the time expires, the system chooses who receives the items. This way, no one can become upset about favoritism. The app is designed to give things away for free.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the CEO of the company.

What was your goal for working with Zco Corporation?

Zco built the app for us. I designed the app, and they implemented the construction of the app.

What is your business goal for the app?

My strategy for the app is for people to engage in it. It's a marketing dream for companies that would like to brand their new products. Once the app goes viral, and you have the number of users, it is extremely easy for companies to brand a new item. For example, if Olive Garden signs up, we can verify that an organization is who they say they are. We use the same verification process as Facebook and Twitter. If Olive Garden has a new menu and wants to give out four $25 gift cards, they can reach an audience of millions of people. You can’t beat that advertising reach for just $100.

My dream is to market to many different companies as well as celebrities. If celebrities get on the app, they can use to accomplish different goals. For example, Justin Bieber is having some PR problems. If he posts a few free concert tickets, it can only help his reputation. We think that once celebrities, plus large manufacturers and retailers, get on board, we believe it could be a great site.

The app is on three platforms: iPhone, Android, and Web.

What was your process for selecting Zco Corporation?

I did my research online and came across their website, which looked good. One of the main reasons I used them was their strong team of sales people and engineers. My project manager was one of the people that I spoke with, and he was very professional. I got a lot of confidence in his abilities after speaking with him. He is an ethical, upfront person and seemed to be a good, honest person, which benefits my company and his company.

He was more like a mediator, not just wanting to make a sale. He said he wanted to do what was best for us as well, and he knew the benefit would be that his company would get my business. He is a phenomenal person from start to finish of the project.

The cost was about $80,000.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

The work was completed in stages, and we kept adding different things to the app. The first completion was March of 2013. Then we had a change order that added some great features. They finished everything in August of 2013.

How did Zco Corporation perform?

I give them five stars. David, my mediator, was the key factor, as was T.J., the engineer. If I ever do anything else with them, it has to involve T.J. David was more of the project manager with my app, but T.J. was the engineer who took the concept and turned it into production. He is exceptional.

He listened to me and knew exactly what was needed from a business or customer standpoint. We knew enough to get ourselves in trouble. He took my concept and enhanced it. He listened and knew what we were talking about. He did a wonderful job. We spent countless hours through email, on the phone, late nights working on the app. He was phenomenal.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

No, it is too early to give stats, but I think it will be successful.

Zco made you a part of the team. They always made you feel important. They treated your project as a newborn baby. They embraced our ideals, and they even enhanced some of the concepts and ideas that I had. Overall, you felt like everybody was on the same team. They never gave me the indication that they would commit any less than their best effort to the entire project.

Building an app can be very stressful and arduous. They never made the situation feel stressful. They listened to us, took all our information, and they took the [user interface documents] of how each screen looked. Some companies won’t give you that kind of information. Before they started engineering, they showed the screen shots of how it would look. They gave us the information on how each component would work. They were phenomenal in that process.

I own some other companies and have had websites built before. I’ve been through that process, and a lot of companies won’t give you that kind of documentation. It takes time to get the screen shots, and their graphic designer has to get involved to help build the screen shots. They also showed us how each screen worked and how they all related together. I really felt like I was getting my money's worth from them. If I saw something I wanted to change, I just marked it, and they took care of it right away. A lot of companies don’t do that.

No. They have a good payment process. You can go into your account and see what you’re paying. We had a few issues where part of a process didn’t work correctly. Once you let them know what wasn’t working, they took care of it immediately. I have nothing negative to say about them. It is a top professional organization. They go above and beyond. My app has been built since 2013. If I have issues with the server that is hosting my app, I can call them, and they’ll tell me what to do. They won’t try to charge me any extra. Their support is second to none. You can’t call some companies and ask for information without getting a bill.

It's been about five months since my app was finalized, and I can call them and ask them about an issue. It could be something they don’t have to take care of, but they'll do it. Zco is a phenomenal company.

The quality that I experienced comes from the head of the organization.

Fun Face Fotos

"It has been a pleasure to work with Zco to develop our application."

Zco developed a professional and user-friendly iPad entertainment app. They have also completed multiple subsequent updates.

Las Vegas Metro Area

The client was very satisfied with the product and the working relationship. Zco was responsive, timely, and efficient, and is highly recommended by the client.

We are a very small startup company looking to develop entertainment applications for iPad.

We wanted to develop an application that was fun and entertaining for our users. We also needed it to look professional and be very user friendly.

Zco created a custom application for the iPad that is being used as entertainment for my clients. They took the initial idea and concept I had, and created a specific application that operates just the way I had envisioned.

The iPad has all of the capabilities I needed for the application to work properly. Looking back, now with so many tablet options, perhaps going into the Android market would be more economical. Other tablet development projects are lower cost than iPad.

After researching multiple companies, we decided to go with Zco based on their reputation with previous clients, and more importantly, based on conversations with them before starting the project. We felt they were very qualified and experienced in handling the type of application development we required.

The application that Zco developed for us has worked seamlessly. We have also worked with Zco to do multiple updates. I have always found them to be easy to work with, receptive to our needs, timely, and efficient. It has been a pleasure to work with Zco to develop our application, and I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional and experienced company who does exceptional work.

Zco had a very personalized feel. I never felt I was working with a huge company that didn’t care about my specific and individual needs. It didn't matter that I was a smaller account than I am sure they are used to working with.

Meeting Mapper

"It is a pleasure working with [Zco]."

Zco created a unique iOS mobile app designed to organize information and business contacts gathered during business meetings.

Dallas Metro Area

The app was a Forbes Top 10 twice in the same year. The client highly recommends Zco.

Point N Time Software is dedicated to providing robust, relevant, and superior mobile and cloud solutions to help our partners drive revenue, increase sales, improve team performance, and grow their business.

I'm the co-founder and CEO of Point N Time Software, and the inventor of Meeting Mapper.

I have always tried to take good notes and remember names during meetings, but after the first few minutes, I’m distracted by everything going on around me, and by the end of the discussion, I don’t have very good notes or remember everyone’s name, role, or stance on the subject. So, I decided to try something new.

One day, I was attending a meeting and arranged everyone’s business cards in front of me according to how they were seated at the table. I also color-coded the cards “green” if they were “for,” and “red” if they were “against.”

It worked. I was walked out of that meeting knowing every attendee’s name, role within the company, and stance on the issue. “This could be an app,” I thought.

Meeting Mapper lets sales teams, project managers, and all other meeting attendees collect the necessary information while still allowing them to be engaged in the discussion. It’s visual, intuitive, and easy to use.

We used iOS for the mobile app.

Zco did a great job. It is a pleasure working with them. David and Harry were great, I highly recommend Zco if you have an idea. They can make it come to life. Don't take my word for it. Meeting Mapper was a Forbes Top 10 twice last year.

GiGi Mobile Application Development

"[Zco's] input and involvement have been spectacular."

Zco developed an app that allows users to text securely and send multiple types of media.

Buffalo, New York

The client was extremely satisfied with Zco's work. They have collaborated with the company on additional projects and will continue to do so in the future.

Please describe your companies.

Our companies (GiGi, LLC, and Force Interactive) focus on quality applications that better the everyday lives of technologically dependant users.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am a partner and principal and act as COO for both.

What was your goal for the work with Zco Corporation?

With our GiGi application, we are looking to address two things: Security in communication and variety of style. With this app, you can text securely with other users. Each message has a timespan that can be altered. A message can also be deleted from all devices at any time giving the user complete security. GiGi also allows the user to send various media, such as Microsoft Office documents, PDFs, JPEGs, MP3s, AIFFs, and MOVs.

This way, the user can include all kinds of media in his or her conversations. They could send pictures and videos.

Please describe the scope of Zco Corporation's work.

We've enlisted the help of Zco Corporation in this endeavor. Their input and involvement (from a developer level) have been spectacular.

Was the project successful?

We are very happy with Zco. We have used them on other projects and will not hesitate to use them on our future ones.

CLOU Custom Business Intelligence Tool

"Zco is truly a value-added partner to our company."

Zco developed a custom business intelligence app. They used multiple technologies on the project.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Director, Business Intelligence

Zco first completed a smaller project, then the larger, more complicated application. The client was very pleased with Zco, and praised their professionalism.

Please describe your company.

The Morning Star Company is a bulk industrial tomato paste manufacturer in California with 300-plus full time and 1,500-plus seasonal colleagues. We have a unique flat lined management structure that required some custom BI [business intelligence] application and support system development.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the director of business intelligence.

What was your goal for the work with Zco Corporation?

We needed a custom BI tool for recording colleague commitments and stepping stones for our CLOUs [Colleague Letter of Understanding]. We also had some data capturing application needs for iOS devices and desktop/web. All these systems, and future systems currently in design or under construction, are for internal use.

What technologies were used for the project?

.NET, ASPX, iOS, SQL, and SSRS [SQL Server Reporting Services].

What was your process for selecting Zco Corporation?

While I looked at several application developers, many were overpriced and underqualified. In a matter of minutes on the phone during my initial exploration into Zco, they clearly understood the need and were able to provide a quote or timetable that was far better than any other company I had met.

What was the scope of the project?

I started with a small project and, after great success, we moved into the CLOU application.

How did Zco Corporation perform throughout the project?

Excellent. The people at Zco are true professionals, and I would highly recommend anyone looking for a software developer to take a close look at what they have to offer. Zco is truly a value-added partner to our company.

Web Development for imqr.com

“I think the project manager on Zco’s side basically just left us in the dark. They didn’t have a plan.”

2.0
1.0

The client is not satisfied with the work of Zco Corporation. According to the client, there were challenges right from the start in setting the scope all the way through development and testing. Furthermore, project management and communication did not meet their expectations.

For their part, Zco Corporation believes they performed well and stated that they are willing to "fix any genuine deficiencies at no cost."

Las Vegas Metro Area

Zco believes they performed well and stated they are willing to "fix any genuine deficiencies at no cost."

Please provide a brief description of your company.

It’s IMQR. It ’s a website for entertainment professionals, actors and production staff where they can host all of their information, headshots, reels, and credits, things of that nature, be able to put them into an app-like form for mobile devices and it can let them do a Quick Response code so they can just print a business card with QR code and give someone access to their entire portfolio.

What is your role?

I am the founder and the president of the company.

Please describe the business challenge you are solving.

We are bringing casting into today’s modern tech world. We are still doing everything the same way they’ve been doing it since the ‘20s and ‘30s. With today’s technology, the iPads and mobile devices, you can carry a lot more information, and you can pretty much have a crew, a backup crew, backup actors, and all their data accessible.

It’s the new headshot. It’s getting it off paper, making it digital, connecting all my other media to it: My reel, videos, credits, contact information, physical information, picture, and whatnot.

Can you describe the scope of the project?

We came to Zco and we said, “Look, this is a website that is doing the same type of thing but for musicians. I want to do it for actors and the entertainment profession. I don’t want it to be a social media site. It should be a workable tool for the professional for representation.”

How did you find and select Zco Corporation?

They did another project for me called Lobster Logic, a very simple app that I use in another company of mine. It seemed to work well and I had a good experience with them. I pitched them the idea of the IMQR site and they came back with a proposal, which was out of my price range, and then slowly they kept bringing down the price until they reached a not to exceed price of a little less than $100,000 and I said, “OK, let’s do the project.”

When was the project completed?

We stopped the work on December 19 [2013]. We ended our relationship with Zco at that point.

What were the results of the project?

It [website] didn’t perform at any level. It didn’t do any of the things it was supposed to do on any devices. Just nothing. The editing buttons don’t work. You enter information and it doesn’t appear. It changed when you go to different defaults when you close out. Things are missing.

Can you elaborate further about the gaps?

It seems they built everything custom and had difficulty integrating common plugins. We said, “Look, aren’t there any of the shelf solutions for this?” Their comeback was always, “No, that would be too expensive for what we’ve written. For example, they were going to do a photo uploader and we asked “Can’t you just use this photo uploader that’s already been built and just incorporate it in.” He responded, “No, it won’t work in our code.” “Well, can’t you use these different types of editing tools?” “No, they won’t work.” But, these components have already been invented and they should just lock into place. That’s what our new developer is doing.

So when you look back on the project, what are the key things that you feel that went wrong on the project?

I think the project manager on Zco’s side basically just left us in the dark. They didn’t have a plan. They were winging it and we weren’t experts, so we relied on them for guidance. They let the project just wander. The first draft of the project was a social media site. We clearly indicated to them we did not want a social media site. It took months for them to shake off the social media thing. We explained, “This is a tool, this is not a site to gather and chit chat. This is a tool for the working actor and professional to get jobs.”

Can you discuss performance to schedule?

It was supposed to be released in September [of 2013], and they got it on their servers in September, and it started to disintegrate. We had nothing but problems, and it was two months plus with the problems. Every time they would fix one thing, another thing would go wrong, and then they came back and started asking for more money. By that time, we had the code analyzed [by a third party] and realized it wasn’t going to work. There was no reason to continue because we couldn’t use anything they created either in the present or in the future.

Can you elaborate on the third-party testing?

Yes. We brought in a third party whose principal work is in writing code for bank security. He took us on as a secondary project. He looked at the code and it appeared to him that there was no way that it could be auto tested. It simply wasn’t built for auto testing. When my project manager and I saw the September launch, we were finding all these obvious problems: Misspellings, things not working, and so on. We were thinking to ourselves “has this thing been tested?” It didn’t appear that it ever had been.

Gold