A Veteran Custom Software Developer

Zco Corporation is a trusted custom software development vendor whose reputation for excellence spans three decades. We've created robust software solutions for entrepreneurs, startups, and Fortune 500 companies alike. We offer our clients access to one of the largest teams of engineers, artists, designers, and project managers in the industry.

Technical Capabilities

• Keystone Automotive
  • Samsung
  • APR Energy

Technical Proficiencies:

• SwiftReact • Kotlin • Xamarin • React Native • Objective C • Android Java • Flutter • ReactJS • Unity • PHP • .NET Core • Go • NodeJS • MongoDB • jQuery • AJAX • SQL • AWS • C# • HTML5 • JavaScript

1989
Nashua, NH
  • 58 Technology Way, Suite 2w10
    Nashua, NH 03060
  • 745 Atlantic Ave
    Boston, MA 02111
  • 33 Irving Place
    New York, NY 10003

Verizon • Microsoft • John Hancock • Liberty Mutual • Coolmax Socks • BBC America • Chatsworth Products • Align Communications • Flint Group • City of Lowell, Massachusetts • Management Sciences for Health • APR Energy • The Morning Star Company • Utz Quality Foods • American Hotel & Lodging

SMI Adviser Image

SMI Adviser

Submit questions, access resources, and receive guidance from national experts in SMI. It’s a fantastic resource for anyone providing care to those with serious mental illness.

SuperDraft Image

SuperDraft

Start winning cash now with SuperDraft and experience one day fantasy sports like never before. Get ready to prove your skills, get competitive, and take control of your fantasy. SuperDraft’s mission is to deliver winning experiences to every sports fan, and that includes you!

RangeFox Image

RangeFox

Make the most of your firearms training. Range Time and Ammunition are both valuable. Get as much as possible out of both. Reference our growing directory of drills to plan your next range day, or use the dry fire mode to bring structure to your at home training.

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence Image

SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence

Using state-of-the-art technology and professionally-developed training programs, The SpotOn System allows you to contain or track your dog almost anywhere around the globe—all via a single, durable collar, accompanying mobile app, and customizable training program.

invisaWear Image

invisaWear

invisaWear has created smart jewelry and accessories to redefine personal protection. A small device is hidden within fashionable items, allowing users to instantly contact their friends, family, and police during an emergency.

GolfLogix Image

GolfLogix

GolfLogix helps players read the greens like professionals. The app lets players know exactly how their approach shots will roll and how their putts will break. The app works across many courses, with additional courses being added over time.

Burndy Connect Image

Burndy Connect

The Burndy Connect app allows users to browse the company’s extensive product catalog, configure tools in the field, and find technical specifications on-demand.

The COOP Squad Image

The COOP Squad

The Coop Squad App is an exciting collection of games, activated by Coop Squad collectable character cards earned as rewards through participation in a Great American or QSP Canada fundraising program.

MIND LAMP Image

MIND LAMP

MIND LAMP is a neuropsychiatric research app that runs on both iOS and Android devices. Designed to help users Learn, Assess, Manage, and Prevent, LAMP is a versatile tool that can be customized for numerous clinical and research needs.

CMC Connect Image

CMC Connect

CMC Connect allows patients and visitors to access Catholic Medical Center’s locations, register for classes and events, explore career opportunities, and more.

Barton Tiles Image

Barton Tiles

The Barton Tiles Reading and Spelling System is a revolutionary teaching and learning solution made developed for Bright Solutions for Dyslexia, Inc., a worldwide expert in the field of dyslexia.

TDJ Golf Image

TDJ Golf

TDJ Golf is an award-winning app that let's users build their ideal fantasy PGA team, competing against other users for prizes and bragging rights.

Zentangle Image

Zentangle

The Zentangle Method uses structured drawing techniques to promote focus and well-being. Users snap photos of their drawings and share them with the world, where anyone can arrange tiles into custom mosaics, appreciate individual drawings and artists, and search for tiles by artist, country, tangle, and hashtag.

eKeystone Image

eKeystone

The eKeystone business to business app is the automotive aftermarket industry's best parts lookup and order tool, developed exclusively for Keystone Automotive Operations, Inc customers.

Mobile App Dev for Storybook Gaming Application

"It’s been fantastic working with like-minded individuals who understand my vision."

Oct. 2016 - Jan. 2018

Zco built an animated iOS app game that included dialogue, voice over and original music. They also provided marketing, SEO expertise, and promotional content for the app’s launch and subsequent performance.

Brooklyn, New York
Aliya LeeKong
Founder, ALK Ventures, LLC

Zco not only understood the vision for the app, but they helped shape it to be more robust and interactive. As a result of their forthcoming input and high-quality development, the app has received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from its market.

I’m a chef, author, and TV personality, as well as the founder and CEO of ALK Ventures.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

I hired them to help build my storybook/game app, Issa’s Edible Adventures, which surrounds a little girl named Issa who travels around the world to gather ingredients for her mom’s recipes.

I came to Zco with the app idea, and we worked together to develop the imagery. Initially, it was going to simply be a storybook concept, but after working on character development, design style, and the 3D and 2D animation, the app evolved into more of a game concept. Zco helped me develop three game episodes that center around three of my recipes. From there, we underwent a lot of crafting and editing the dialogue. We then did voice-overs and developed music for the app.

Zco has also been extremely helpful in launching and marketing the app. They submitted it to the App Store and created the promotional content for it. They’ve helped me with SEO as well, assisting in putting together keywords and phrases to boost the app’s ranking. They’ve also sent it to news outlets to help promote it.

Currently, the app is for iOS only, but we intend to create an Android version once I get more traction.

Kevin Morrow, the senior account manager of Zco, was my initial point of contact. During development, I worked closely with Don Austin, Zco’s Executive Vice President, who liaised with about two or three of their developers on my behalf. I also worked with Matt Henry, their creative media director, who handled the sound and video production.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I had a very specific vision of an animated concept, so in my search, I prioritized developers who were skilled in animation. I was also interested in a work-for-hire basis to ensure I owned the future assets.

I came across Zco, and they had incredible reviews. I spoke to the references they provided, and they raved about them. I also appreciated that, unlike a lot of other firms I spoke to, they didn’t have to get external graphic designers to create images for me and then attempt to manipulate it into an app. They have a very holistic approach. Last but not least, I loved their work, so it wasn’t a difficult decision.

We began working on the app in October 2016 and wrapped up development in early January 2018. The timeline was initially shorter, but as the scope of the project increased, so did the timeline. I didn’t have a strict deadline; I just wanted the product to be perfect. It took a bit longer than we thought, but I’m really happy with the end result.

Because we just launched, I don’t have any data to offer currently. I can say that the reception to the app has been great. People are extremely impressed with the product. I’ve especially received positive feedback from charter and private schools, where I’ve been able to demo the app as a teaching and enriching tool. Some museums have shown interested in the product, and I’ll be doing a demo at the New York Hall of Science soon.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is great. There was a lot of minutiae within the project, so we went back and forth a lot.I was able to reach someone on their team within a day. They work normal hours, so someone was always available to address my concerns within my eastern standard work hours. They’ve been great partners and I’m thankful I found them.

It’s been fantastic working with like-minded individuals who understand my vision and are dedicated to bringing it to life. They’re able to take your idea to the next level. I didn’t start with the same app I ended up with, and I’m really happy for that because I ultimately got a better product in the end.

I don’t have anything negative to say about them. They’ve done everything I’ve asked them to and were forthcoming throughout the process.

Don’t hesitate to work with Zco. They’re upfront about the cost, and they’ll deliver the best product.

Mobile App Dev for Electrical Connector Manufacturer

"Their technical expertise is spot-on and they're highly responsive, even post-launch."

Nov. 2016 - June 2017

Zco designed and built an iOS and Android app to highlight the products of an electrical connector manufacturer. The solution includes detailed guidelines for installation and best practices.

Sr. Product Manager, Manufacturing Company

The completed app functions flawlessly, with only a single error discovered during beta. Users approve of the layout and ease of use. Zco’s organized team responded promptly to any questions and provide ongoing post-launch support. Competitive pricing makes them a likely partner on future projects.

I’m a product manager at an electrical connector manufacturer. We sell connectors and installation tools for utility and distribution in various markets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We wanted to build an app to highlight our wide range of products and clarify proper installation methods. We wanted customers with a particular connector, for instance, to be able to quickly identify which tool to use and understand how to use it.

This was a multi-tier project. We initially provided an Excel wireframe that listed the basic functionalities we expected and the necessary data. We left the design work in their capable hands and they provided a custom user interface.

We then built a basic version of the app which we added onto in stages. The initial model focused on helping installers identify the connectors and tools necessary for any given job. Next, we added a feature to help inspectors validate electrical installations. We then built a function that allows users to easily find local sales representatives. Finally, we added our tool catalog.

They provided a beta version for us to test and made changes based on our feedback.

We’ve launched the iOS and Android models and plan to build a Microsoft version in the future.

We initially spoke with one of the sales representatives who set us up with a principal project manager. We stayed in constant contact with both of these individuals and they communicated our needs to their developers.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We found them on Google. We conducted an in-person meeting since they were nearby and we had a nice, comfortable discussion about our goals. They seemed very knowledgeable and offered a competitive price, so we made the decision to go with them.

Slightly more than $30,000.

We started working together in November 2016 and completed the project in June 2017.

The app has only recently launched, but the feedback we’ve received so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Users appreciate the functionalities and find the interface easy to use. We currently have roughly 100 registered users, though registration is not required.

It will take time for the app to catch on among our diverse network of distributors and end customers, but the tool works flawlessly and we haven’t received any complaints.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication was very effective and responsive. We worked together through email and used GoToMeeting to conduct video conferences. We also conducted in-person meetings during the early stages of the project.

They utilized an effective system for improving on the app’s beta model, using a web portal to go over wireframes. We provided feedback, they made adjustments, and we repeated this process until we were satisfied with the product.

They have excellent customer service, responding to any questions within 24 hours. They also rely on highly skilled developers. We only found a single error in the beta test and the issue was resolved within 12 hours. Not only did they fix the problem, they also explained what went wrong in order to assure us the issue wouldn’t reoccur. Not many companies take that kind of care.

We worked well together and our project was a success, so I don’t have any suggestions.

It’s important to have a clear goal in mind when working with any developer. They may be unfamiliar with your industry, so it helps to precisely articulate your requirements and establish clear parameters. If you’re disorganized, your project may encounter issues.

We also set up a focus group on our end to ensure our product met all demands. We had our internal sales team and customers come in to review the app at various stages to gauge its usability. In this way, we took proactive steps to guarantee the success of our product on the market.

Overall Score Their technical expertise is spot-on and they're highly responsive, even post-launch.
    They hit every deadline without issue, as any delays were caused by our end.
    They’re competitively priced.
    The sole error was fixed immediately. The app runs flawlessly and they provide ongoing support as needed.
    I’ve already recommended them for other company projects.

BLE Mobile App Dev & Web Dev for Smart Accessories

"...[W]e’ve been very pleased with the work Zco has provided."

n/a

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Zco designed and built native mobile apps for smart accessories. The product allows users to easily alert emergency services with their wearable device. Zco also provided website development and marketing help.

Co-Founder, Wearable Tech Company

Zco offers highly competitive rates and transparent, responsive project management. They typically meet deadlines, though delays naturally occur given the niche nature of the project. Their dedication allows them to tackle the challenges of the burgeoning wearable technology field.

I’m the Co-Founder of a company developing smart accessories capable of alerting friends, family, and police in the event of an emergency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We hired Zco to develop the app for pairing our software with wearables.

The app essentially presents users with onboarding tutorials that explain the setup process and how to use the product. It also prompts users to fill out personal information to assist police before pairing with a smart device. Zco provided design, as well as frontend and backend development, for the native iOS and Android versions of the app.

To begin, they designed screens based on a list of requirements we provided. We went back and forth on edits before development began. From here, they arranged the project in detailed milestones, producing deliverables for testing every couple of weeks.

In addition to developing the app, they provided website development at no extra charge. They also volunteered to assist with the production of marketing materials, creating a promotional video. As we approach completion, they’re helping launch our product on the App Store.

There are four or five people assigned to our project in total, though we communicate directly with two. We have a U.S.-based project manager who oversees the project, as well as a team lead who manages their overseas developers.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We were looking for developers in the Boston area and came across Zco, one of the world’s largest app development firms. They had a number of positive reviews, offered better rates than other agencies we considered, and had experience with projects similar to our own. We also seemed to connect with the team, so we decided they’d be a good fit.

We started working together in August 2017 and our relationship is ongoing. We’re currently in the final testing phase of the project.

While we haven’t yet launched the app, we’ve been very pleased with the work Zco has provided.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate through Basecamp on a daily basis. They’re very responsive and transparent about updates. They also stick to the budget, though our price did increase after we added to our initial scope.

While they stick to project deadlines, we did run into a software pairing issue that caused a month and a half of delays. Still, they worked diligently to identify the root cause of the issue and have done everything in their power to fix the bug.

They offer significantly better rates than their competitors. Additionally, while they rely on overseas developers, having a U.S.-based project manager ensures smooth communication.

There’s been a bit of a learning curve in working with wearable devices, but this is understandable since it’s a bit of a niche field.

Make sure your requirements are clear because they’ll provide exactly what you ask for. Be sure to be as detailed as possible.

• N/A Scheduling
    They did a good job overall, though we did have occasional change requests.

Mobile App Dev for Academic Medical Center

“Their comprehensive skills make them capable of anything.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Zco built the front- and backend of native iOS and Android apps to specifications. Customized features and sensor integration allows health researchers to gather additional data through user interaction.

5,001-10,000 Employees

John Torous
Co-Director, Digital Psychiatry Program, BIDMC

The app met rigorous standards, and other departments are eager to replicate it. Zco delivered on every milestone, and efficiently navigated any changes in scope. They are easy to reach, and quick to respond.

I am a clinical informatics fellow and psychiatrist in the digital psychiatry program at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical Center affiliated teaching hospital.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We wanted to build a custom smartphone platform that would enable high-quality clinical research in mental health and psychiatry. After an industry review, we did not identify any apps or products that met our specifications, so we needed a partner to build one.

They helped us brainstorm and build the app, from backend to user interface design. They produced all the code for the native iOS and Android apps and integrated various sensors like Apple Health Kit and Google Fit. The app can also work with Amazon Web Services, with unique accounts for each user and research group. We host the app through the hospital’s IT department in a secure environment.

We asked for a variety of customized features that don’t exist in other apps that record interactive signals. With users’ consent, we can collect additional data from touch rate and other behavioral cues.

Randy [Business Development, Zco] is our account executive, and Mike [Designer/Product Engineering Specialist, Zco] is our lead engineer. There is a larger team working for us, but those are our two main contacts.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We spent about four months researching companies in New England. We collected quotes and bids via the internet. Zco submitted a reasonable bid, and their track record of quality work in app development helped us to trust them.

We began in September 2016, and continue to work with them.

As a healthcare provider, our institutional review board and ethics panel must approve any study we conduct. We brought the app to them for review. They are strict, but the app met their safety standards for patient use.

It is an engaging tool, and other departments throughout the hospital are interested in expanding its relevance to their work. They’ve seen our success with the app, and are eager to replicate it. We haven’t uploaded the app to the public market, as we’re still in development. If we do, we will have more metric data.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

We scheduled releases for milestones, and they’ve delivered on every one. We’re excited by the success so far, so we keep adding new milestones, and they coordinate those changes efficiently.

Communication is terrific, and mostly virtual. They’re very responsive to emails, which is our primary channel. It’s also easy to reach them by phone. We have regular Skype meetings every other week and occasionally meet in person. Their responses are always direct; they don’t deal in hypotheticals.

Their comprehensive skills make them capable of anything from design, to backend work, to mobile development. Their quotes are reasonable, and a good value. They always deliver on time, and never make excuses. Even when we change the scope of a project, they are able to stay within budget and accommodate us without any difficulty.

Overall Score We’re excited to continue to work with them and expand the scope of the project.
    Over a year of work, they’ve met every deadline. They’re easy to coordinate with.
    They had the most competitive, realistic quotes of any company we researched. They made our hiring decision easy.
    The design and functionality are impressive. The app made it through a strict regulatory review, which is a testament to its quality.
    We recommend them to many people.

Mobile App Dev for 3-D Model Technology

"The team was communicative; they were upfront about challenges, escalations, and obtaining detailed requirements."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Zco helped integrate a cross-platform solution using Unity with an existing iOS app. They assisted with systems analysis, design, creation of the 3D visualization solution, and then integration.

San Diego, California
Software Engineering Manger, IoT Company

Zco is a proactive team. They are upfront about changes, and although they could provide more long-term context, they gave clear incremental deadlines. There was more back-and-forth than necessary due to time zone challenges and minor integration issues, but Zco is overall collaborative and helpful.

We are an IoT [Internet of things] company developing a motion sensor which measures the athletic performance of baseball players and golfers, namely swing speed and style. I am a software engineer and manager of the company, in charge of our mobile application and web services teams.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We were looking to develop a 3D model which visualized a player’s swing. Our staff lacked the expertise for building a cross-platform solution using Unity.

Zco has worked with us on getting our model integrated with the existing iOS app. The project was broken up into a few milestones, with the first phase consisting of systems analysis and design. They sat with us, looked at our requirements document and decomposed it into technical items. I and some of our engineers worked with Zco in a review process for hashing out what the integrations would look like, and how we would build them.

We created a proof-of-concept in order to make sure that Unity would work within iOS. After we approved it, we went through various milestone-based agreements by which Zco implemented certain features, had us approve them, and repeated the process.

One example would be getting the 3D model of a baseball player visualized in the app. Following this, we would be displaying sensor data, and drawing a 3D tracer of the player’s swing. We scrubbed through that tracer, and retrieved the data for any point in time. We went through an iterative process in order to build out the final feature set.

Our main interfaces were Zco’s project manager and the technical lead. They did have 1-2 developers in charge of the actual implementation, but we didn’t interface too much.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We made a Google search for Unity developers who also had experience with iOS and Android. Zco had an impressive portfolio, and we had a light technical interview in order to determine if they knew iOS to the level we wanted. From there, we got a request for quote, and came back with a favorable bid. We decided to proceed with Zco.

[Confidential]

We started working with Zco in January or February 2017. The proof-of-concept took 2 weeks to build, after which we went through another 2 weeks of system analysis and design. This was followed by 6-8 weeks of actual development. The project has wrapped up, but we are planning a phase 2 of the feature set, and we plan to use Zco.

We have just launched the new feature set, so there is no customer data for its adoption. From a competitive standpoint, it has allowed users to visualize their swing without shooting video or having a reference point. This is quite important, since, looking at all analyzers in this space, our feature is something which every customer wants to have.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

I would give them a 7/10 in this area. The team was communicative, they were upfront about challenges, escalations, and obtaining detailed requirements. I would like to see Zco do more long-term project planning. We were given milestone dates, but we didn’t know when the project itself would end, until we got closer to the finish.

The development team is in India, but we did have overlap times early in the morning and late at night. Interfacing more frequently would be good. The project manager was based in New Hampshire, which made it easy to get in touch, but we also needed to talk directly with technical leads, who were based in India. We had to wait for a day or at least a couple of hours for this purpose.

We used Basecamp for communication, which was Zco’s tool of choice. We entered commentary, screenshots, and builds into it. Towards the end of the project, when our own QA team became involved, we reported bugs in our JIRA project, and invited Zco to it. They used that as a reference.

What did you find most impressive about Zco?

Skillset-wise, Unity development isn’t exactly known or adopted by most developers, which gives Zco a unique advantage. Their rates were good, based on the bids we looked at and compared to hiring a full-time resource or a U.S. contractor for the same type of development. The quality was very good for the price, so it worked out from a business perspective.

Are there any areas Zco could improve?

Towards the end, when we were doing bug fixes, having Zco be more involved when sending builds would have been good. They were integrating their code into our own, so sometimes things would break. Although they weren’t as familiar with it as us, taking more time to understand what broke and fixing it on their end, versus sending it over to us and having our team fix it, would have saved us a bit of time, and would have sped things up a bit.

Overall Score Interfacing with Zco’s project manager was pretty good. We were able to scope things out while they managed the development team. We didn’t have to get too involved, for the most part.
    They were fairly accurate with estimates.
    The value for the money is very good, but the scheduling and back-and-forth could be improved.
    While Zco was able to deliver to our expectations, there was a bit more back-and-forth towards the end. Improving on that would have gotten them to a 4 or 5 rating. As we engage more, we will get there.
    I would highly recommend Zco. The quality was good for the cost, and the overall communication was also good.

App Development for Executive Coaching and Workshops

"They’re great at figuring out why something isn’t working and coming up with a solution."

Zco stepped in for this client to deliver a cloud-based application and payment system after her prior 4 developers could not successfully complete the project.

Boston, Massachussetts
Claudyne Wilder
Owner, Wilder Presentations

This client applauds Zco's ability to translate problems into solutions and taking a half-baked project to fruition.

Wilder Presentations offers workshops and executive coaching focused on getting to the message, sooner rather than later. Participants learn to categorize information from the highest level to the finest data point, and then to choose just the right amount of detail for their audience.

I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

I have courses on presenting that I do in companies but I wanted to make a special online coaching survey.

The product is an app that sits in the cloud. They helped me finish it because the developer I had before didn’t finish it. They set the payment system up and fixed things that weren’t done correctly.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I had four different developers I worked with but none of them finished the project. I was looking for a company that had a reputation that I could count on.

How much have you invested with Zco?

The project cost is between $10,000 and $50,000.

We began the project summer 2016 and it’s ongoing.

What did you find most impressive about Zco?

They listen and get back to me. They’re very good about explaining why things are working and why they’re not working.

Are there any areas Zco could improve?

It’s a hard project to take on when things weren’t done correctly in the beginning. They didn’t have a good chance to stay on schedule because there was so much that didn’t work right. They’re great at figuring out why something isn’t working and coming up with a solution.

A schedule doesn’t work because it’s not a simple project.
    They’re reasonable. They get work done without charging me too much.
    What they’ve done so far is great.

App Development for Automotive Company

"When we indicated there was a problem, they jumped into trying to understand what the problem was and then take care of it."

Zco delivered on the development side of this iOS and Android mobile platform, following the specifications and design provided by the client.

Software Manager, Auto Parts Manufacturer

The quality of work delivered by Zco compared to the cost of their competitors' offerings sticks out in this client's mind as one of the key measures of success.

My company is a manufacturing company of aftermarket auto parts. I am the software manager for the development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We wanted a mobile application with various functionalities, and therefore we partnered with Zco to achieve that objective.

They did the development of the mobile platform. We did the APIs and the backend. A lot of the functionality was graphical. We have an art department which comped the layout, and they followed it. We did incorporate search algorithms to be used. They took care of that for us.

We are expecting to roll the app out in January, and it will be for iOS and Android.

How did you come to work with Zco?

I did some searching and came across their website. I also read a couple of reviews about them. I called in and talked to them and a few other companies. Based on the conversation and what they have already achieved, they looked like a good candidate.

How much have you invested with Zco?

We have invested between $10,000 and 50,000.

A little over six months.

The cost, quality, and look/feel of the app were big successes to me. I assume most other mobile app developers would have been able to incorporate the functionality. We did not do anything revolutionary with the design or functionality. But to me, it’s more about the cost associated with the deliverables that Zco delivered as promised.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive. When we indicated there was a problem, they jumped into trying to understand what the problem was and then take care of it. That’s a big thing on my part. The project manager and the manager, Kevin, were professional and independent.

Are there any areas Zco could improve?

I do not have any complaints. They did what I needed them to do. The problem we ran into was more on us as far as being more organized and giving them the information they needed.

Overall Score Everyone is very professional.
    They were able to deliver in a timely fashion.
    Compared to the competitors and since it was a flat rate, a 5.
    They delivered on exactly what we had comped out.

App Development for Tax Aggregator App Startup

"Zco  stood out through their ability to listen and understand what we were trying to achieve at a conceptual level."

Zco built a cross-platform app that tracks and stores sales tax information. They took the client's storyboard and successfully delivered on the design and concept.

Stratham, New Hampshire
Mike Moreau
President, SalesTaxTracker.com

This client looks forward to expanding their partnership with Zco highlighting their project management and deliverance of a product meant to scale to 83 million users.

We're an app development firm which has developed a product called SalesTaxTracker.com. It's our first app, but we have a plan to take it globally, not just in its current form.

Our product was derived from personal experience. I live in New Hampshire and sold a company 2 years ago in that area. The US government allows people to either deduct their income or sales taxes. There is no sales tax in my area, except for restaurants and hotels. In these situations, because I was meeting with clients, I was able to write everything off. I started keeping records of this and soon realized what a pain it was. I did a little research, coming up with our solution, which basically keeps track of the sales tax users pay through an app on their phone.

For the 8 other states that do not have an income tax, there are sales taxes on everything. The 83 million people living in those states can use our product. Our catchphrase is "Snap, track, and save".

I am the president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

We are not developers, so we did some research, looked for resources, and found Zco as a partner.

We were given the option to develop the apps as native versions, or through cross-platform technology. We chose the latter option, which has allowed us to make changes quickly during operating system updates. Zco is also designing our website.

In order to track sales taxes for the user, our app takes a picture which is associated with the expense and tax information. The data is backed-up in the cloud account associated with the user's operating system. As a wildcard, Dropbox can also be used. The backend creates a database in this way, but we came to the realization that a new database would be created each time a new description was created. We needed to create a solution around this, given that by having a number of databases at the end of the year, the purpose of the app would be defeated. We got together with Zco's engineer and project manager, coming up with a good solution. Things like this have made it easier for a company like mine.

Another situation we ran into was a technical issue with Apple. I gave Zco administrative access to my domain service. They got together with the engineers from Whois (the company which I use for hosting) and found a working solution for our Linux database issue. Zco's approach is to call in whoever is needed in order to get the work done. I am sure that the 3-4 hours needed to get my issue fixed wasn't in the quote, but Zco was willing to put in a few extra hours. I've worked with other companies that charged extra for any unforeseen problems. I can understand this, but when working with new technologies, they need to account for something going wrong.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We came up with a concept and created a storybook on how the app should work, and met with 4-5 companies in the Boston and New Hampshire areas.

I chose Zco based on reviews, personal recommendations, and based on our meeting with their team. Zco's people were very good, so we felt confident in them. They had worked on similar projects in the past and had an understanding of what we're trying to do. I feel we've made a very good choice in partnering with them.

How much have you invested with Zco?

The cost of Zco's work has been between $10,000 and $50,000.

We have been working with Zco since July 2016. Our app is currently up on the Apple and Android app stores. We made a mistake with our Microsoft account, but we're also working on having the app published there as well. After that point, we will be launching our product.

The application we've created with Zco is intended for 83 million US citizens. We are also working on an international version of the app, for value-added tax, so our relationship with Zco will extend beyond our current project.

How did Zco perform from a project management standpoint?

I especially want to mention Zco's project manager, who has been spot-on. Many other companies I've worked with don't offer good customer skills, but our contact from Zco has been great.

What did you find most impressive about Zco?

I've had some experience with software development in the past. Zco stood out through their ability to listen and understand what we were trying to achieve at a conceptual level.

Zco put together user interfaces with us, working through the process from A to Z, based on our storybook. Zco's project manager fully understood what we were trying to do. Some of the other companies we interviewed were completely clueless. In one case, after spending an hour and a half talking to a rep, she told us she wasn't the technical person, so there were parts she didn't understand. By bringing the technical project manager into what was a sales meeting, Zco made us feel comfortable. As we went forward, Zco came back with proposals on how to make our vision better. They're a true partner.

Zco gave us 2 different options for many of the creative aspects of our app, like its interface design and logo. Their designs have been crisp and clear, and Zco has also allowed us to make tweaks to the work, and combine elements of each proposal.

Are there any areas Zco could improve?

Like with all projects, we encountered a couple of glitches due to items which I may not have communicated properly. Zco was willing to address the issues, and resolving them only took a few hours of extra work. Zco didn't try to nickel and dime us, even though our project was quoted on an hourly basis. It was very easy to work with them.

Overall Score The collaboration will be ongoing for the future.
    The only delays were due to some things that I did wrong. Zco gave me an estimate of how many days it would take to complete the project, and stuck to it.
    Zco was spot-on in terms of budget.
    I was given more than what was initially proposed. Zco made sure we were happy at every step of the way.
    Zco was also referred to me by a friend and colleague.

Digital e-Book Development for Educational Publisher

"Zco developed the interactive version of our method book in an engaging and student-friendly fashion."

Jan. 2016 - Aug. 2016

Zco Corporation was engaged by an educational music publisher to develop an interactive method that has previously only been available in a printed version for educational purposes.

Greater New York City Area
Vice President, Music Publisher

Zco Corporation was commended by the customer for consistently providing practical, creative solutions for the different functionalities we required. Zco Corporation is highly recommended.

Our company publishes and distributes elementary music materials. I am the vice president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco Corporation?

We needed to develop an interactive version of our printed method book that would be both teacher-friendly and child-friendly. We needed to ensure that it would be easily accessible for both teachers and students. It was also important that it would be able to be used on a variety of devices. Making the version attractive without distracting from the music was a big challenge.

Zco developed the interactive version of our method book in an engaging and student-friendly fashion. They turned the illustrations into animations and embedded audio into the digital version. They also developed a website for accessibility as well as an easy-to-use administration module.

How did you come to work with Zco Corporation?

We found them through a web search. After we had spoken with one of their sales reps, we decided to go visit their facility in New Hampshire. We also met with a number of other developers but felt that Zco was a better match for our project.

How much have you invested with Zco Corporation?

It has been more than $60,000.

What is the status of the engagement:

The project has been completed and is available for purchase to the education industry.

Our test market was very receptive, and we have recently launched but do not have any matrix information at this time.

How did Zco Corporation perform from a project management standpoint?

The project was very complex, and we were pleased with the updates provided on each part of the project as well as the meetings, which were very helpful. Being out of state was never an issue because they were on it.

What did you find most impressive about Zco Corporation?

The final product.

App Development for Golf Startup

"We ended up with millions of downloads, a high star rating and good rankings in the app store."

Zco delivered a mobile application available on iOS and Android with GPS capabilities. They have remained a partner as the app's user base has grown.

Phoenix, Arizona
President, Golf App Startup

With millions of downloads during the 7- to 8-year flexible partnership, the client is extremely satisfied.

We are a golf GPS app. It's not just me we have a team of people. I'm the president.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zco?

Zco has been with us for 7 or 8 years. They helped us create the original app. It gives you golf GPS distances out on the course and keeps track of your scores and stats among many other types of things.

It's on both iOS and Android. It has changed tremendously during the course of our launch.

How did you come to work with Zco?

We were considering other companies, narrowed it down to a few and chose them. We liked that they had a United States presence.

How much have you invested with Zco?

Our partnership in total has been $200,000-plus.

It's ongoing.

What did you find most impressive about Zco?

They've been great and very flexible and easy to work with.

Are there any areas Zco could improve?

Overall Score We wouldn't have been with them this long.
    They've done a good job with that.