Building bespoke web and mobile apps since 2013

Zaraffasoft is a custom software development company with a proven track record in building bespoke web and mobile solutions for business.

Our clients are located in USA, Northern & Western Europe and UK.

Our offices are located in Poland, Denmark and Ukraine.

Our key benefits:

• Free trial week. Only being 100% sure in our expertise and team allow us to offer that for clients. Try our services for free for 1 week to ensure that Zaraffasoft is a right choice.
  • Agile development process. Be part of development process and be involved  into development process. Daily updates and weekly demo - our tools to get feedback as soon as possible and prevent misunderstanding.
  • Industry experience. For last 4 years we have dive into
    • education ( LMS ),
    • travel ( booking, scheduling, geocoding ),
    • real estate ( Property management solutions ),
    • fintech ( credit score API, big data analysis, transactional systems )
    • retail ( ERP, PIM, Magento, Marketplace platforms, Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration, Magento performance boosting )
    • Marketing ( Design into website, CMS, Advance GA setup, Design and Front-End development )

How we works:

1. Get your inquiry ( share a brief to our team )
  2. Analyze brief and prepare ballpark estimate
  3. Have a call with client's to discuss further steps in case if ballpark estimate is OK
  4. Plan a milestones based on product features priorities
  5. Sprint 0. Create a delivery roadmap and wireframes / prototype ( if needed )

Send us your product brief and we will get back to you shortly with a ballpark estimate.

Piasezcno, Poland
  • Jerozolimska 12A/1
    Piasezcno, MZ 05-500
    Poland

BagBNB, Terravision, Lowcostparking.eu, Epoka, Comparo

RadamNovadam

Overview: RadamNovadam is an educational project that sponsored by EU and such big companies / programs as Erasmus+ and Delfi. RadamNovadam was nominated as Special Mention for European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2016 and got National Winner in 2016.

Technologies:

• ReactJS
  • Symfony
  • REST API

BagBNB

Overview: BAGBNB allows the tourists to spend their last day of travel with their hands free, leaving their bags to someone close to the accommodation they just checked out from or close to another specified location

Status: At the moment ZaraffaSoft and BagBNB works together to release new features to web and mobile platforms of BagBNB

Technologies:

• ReactJS
  • ReactNative
  • REST API
  • Magento

Terravision

Overview: Terravision Group is renowned for its airport transfer services between Europe’s main airports and their respective city centres. The Grouperravision Group is renowned for its airport transfer services between Europe’s main airports and their respective city centres.

Status: At the moment we're outstaffing partner for Terravision group. Team consists from 3 persons.

Techologies used:

• WP,
  • Angular,
  • PhoneGap

Web Design for Church

“They were very prepared for the project, so they got to work very quickly.”

June 2018 - June 2018

After the previous site was hacked, Zaraffasoft rebuilt a church’s website with a simple and accessible interface.

London, UK
Trustee, Church

Church members praise the website’s updated design. With a seamless workflow and responsive communication, the Zaraffasoft team delivered the final product on time. Overall, it was a successful engagement.

I’m a trustee and the board chair for a church. We offer religious services and a reading room that is open to the public.

For what projects/services did your company hire Zaraffasoft?

After our previous website was hacked, we needed a new site for our church.

We wanted to build a simple and accessible website within a short time span.

Following a recommendation, I partnered with Zaraffasoft.

Using our previous site for reference, Zaraffasoft built a new website. The person who gave us the recommendation managed communication with their team, I provided final input near the end of the project.

I only spoke with one designer.

Zaraffasoft worked very quickly and successfully delivered results. Our church members are satisfied with the new site’s design.

The project workflow was very smooth.

They were very prepared for the project, so they got to work very quickly. Compared to the other vendors I’ve worked with in the past, my experience with Zaraffasoft was the best.

No, I can’t name one.

Overall Score I would use them again.
    We scheduled the project over email.
    They're very competitive.
    They provided a great website.
    I'd definitely refer them.

Web Redevelopment for Event Management Group

"I've been impressed with ZaraffaSoft. The way they do everything is very organized."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

ZaraffaSoft is testing and fixing bugs on a pre-existing Laravel platform.

Gurmej Pawar
CEO, Meji Media Events

The improved site is already faster and cleaner since ZaraffaSoft was first engaged. The team's ability to correct bugs quickly, along with their can-do attitude, contributes to the imminent expansion of their role.

I'm CEO of an events company called Meji Media Events.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

I needed to find a web team that could take over one of our websites because we were having problems with our previous developer.

We knew there were some bugs that needed to be solved, so they started by reviewing everything. They did a code review and a full bug check of the Laravel platform. They haven't started adding new features yet, but they will be doing some work to make the site more responsive.

I only interact with the project manager. There are two developers working on the project.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

I found them on Upwork. Because of the problems I’d had with the previous developer, I was looking for a firm that would be highly responsive and deliver results on time. I liked their answers to my interview questions. Also, their price was very good compared to what I might get in the UK.

So far, I’ve spent about $7000.

Work started in April 2018 and is ongoing.

The site is already faster. It feels a lot cleaner. It's less buggy. I've already commissioned ZaraffaSoft on another Laravel website that’s been having problems. They’re going to redevelop the whole thing and upgrade the code.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I've been impressed with ZaraffaSoft. The way they do everything is very organized. They give me a bug report every week of what's completed, broken down into high, low, and medium priority. The project manager uses Slack to communicate with me, which has been helpful. I can also communicate with the CEO via Skype if I have any issues or anything I want to address. I like that we’re not just using email so things don't get lost.

They are very thorough. I get email notifications whenever they’re doing testing so I can see how much time they’ve dedicated to it. I like the fact that they test as they build, rather than wait until the end of a project. It leads to a better experience. I also like that I'm not having to check over code in terms of the functionality because there's somebody there in the middle between me and a coder.

Sometimes relationships start off well but then the firm starts to slack off as the relationship becomes comfortable. I hope to see them carry on as consistently as they are now.

Overall Score I haven’t worked with them long enough to gauge the full results of their work.

Software Dev for Medical Technology Company

“It’s been phenomenal.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

Using PHP Laravel framework, ZaraffaSoft developed a healthcare business analytics and operations application from scratch. The app connects to any internet database and builds an SQL script and does analytics.

Hawthorne, California
Neyadhish Chakma
CEO, Tekalon

Although the work is in progress, the app runs well so far. ZaraffaSoft impresses with their innovative collaboration. They understand the project thoroughly, and their expertise and suggestions make the app more effective. They deliver cost-effective, high-quality work.

I’m the CEO of Tekalon, a company in the healthcare industry. We have the ambition to create operational applications for businesses that fall short of resources in the market. The goal is to know the business and create an application, not only for that organization, but also to bring it to similar types of businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

I needed to develop a software application that my industry lacks. Hiring developers or software companies in the U.S. is too expensive for me.

They are developing my healthcare business analytics and operations app. Apps like this don’t exist in the industry. We’re using PHP Laravel framework. They built it from the ground up.

The app connects to any database over the internet with a DSN connection and builds an SQL generator. You don’t need to write any SQL codes on the frontend. You just select the fields of what you want to be the parameters to be, and it builds the entire SQL script for you. It does all the analytics. It also has a dashboard module that puts all the data in front of you.

Additionally, we have a communication module that can print thousands of letters in one click of a button. It also has live chat and video with clients.

We’re still developing the platform. We plan on releasing the app to production in the next few months.

There’s a frontend developer, backend developer, a Scrum master, and a QA person.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

I wanted an organization that has stability in the industry. I traveled to Ukraine to meet ZaraffaSoft. It was a fantastic experience meeting the COO, CIO, and all their developers and coordinators. Everybody is phenomenal. I chose them because of cost-effectiveness and because their developers were very flexible in understanding what we needed. I worked with ZaraffaSoft on a smaller project first to see their approach, integrity, and work ethic. Once they proved themselves, I went full force with a couple of big projects with them.

This project cost over $100,000.

We started working together in June 2016 and the work is ongoing.

So far, it’s running great. I discussed the platform with industry leaders and they all want to be a part of this project because it’s unique. ZaraffaSoft comes up with innovative ideas and gives me feedback on how to make it effective or more efficient. I love that about them. They don’t just do what you ask them to do.It’s been phenomenal.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. Their Scrum masters are very open to working with me continuously on my needs, my timeline, and how to handle obstacles. I’ve never had any issues with them. I hardly find any bugs in their work. My experience with them is once you lay out your plan and the design, they’ll build it exactly to your specifications without any bugs. They offered to use project management software, but I chose to have weekly updates. I have little time to be involved in project management so I let them manage it entirely. They communicate with each other very well.

They have an understanding of our idea. As soon as you say something, they catch it. They are constantly thinking about if there are resources on the outside and whether they’re available to integrate within your app. I love them for this. They’re very knowledgeable in terms of resources available and what framework would be the best for the app. Even if you suggest a framework, they’ll give a comparative view of what would be more effective and efficient.

When I was running low on funds, I asked if they could do minimal coverage with the charges. They’re so considerate and did it. They work with clients to make the project successful. They’re great.

Have a clear project or app goal before speaking with them. Set up a great timeline and stick to it to complete the project. ZaraffaSoft completes the work within the time frame.

Because of the time difference, meeting with them is a little complex. It’s completely my fault though.

Magento Dev for Luxury Products Company

"They seem very honest and you certainly feel that you can trust them because of their technical expertise..."

Zaraffasoft redeveloped a Magento 2, e-commerce site. They rebuilt the front- and backends, fixed any leftover bugs, and optimized website speed. They also introduced a geography-dependent pricing feature.

Czech Republic
Anton Tcymbal
CEO, The Culture of Art

Speed increased significantly, and Zaraffasoft’s work affected everything from SEO to the UX. They skillfully handled issues leftover from a previous vendor, and adjusted their communication pipeline mid-project to improve coordination. They were highly motivated and worked outside normal hours.

I’m the CEO of The Culture of Art. We’re an online marketplace for luxury, handcrafted home decor and furniture from around the world. Our pieces are exclusively handcrafted by the finest artisans from various countries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zaraffasoft?

We built the initial version of the platform with another agency, but it turned out to be quite a disaster. The platform had a lot of bugs and it didn't work properly, so we needed someone to fix it.

They had to practically rebuild the whole website, from the backend to the frontend, on Magento 2. They had to fix a lot of bugs, and one of their core tasks was to optimize the performance of the website, because it was extremely slow. They also added new features, to both the admin panel of the marketplace as well as the UI.

For example, they redesigned the way shipping rates are calculated and they made sure that, for each product and country that we ship to, the shipping price is shown directly on the product page. So, if you view it from the United States, you see one price directly on the product page, and if you view from the UK, you see another price. It brings transparency and helps consumers understand that it's quite cheap and fast to ship our products to their country.

We worked with four people, but my main point of contact was Alex, the CTO of the company. There was also a project manager, a backend Magento developer, a frontend developer and a development operations, server-side developer.

How did you come to work with Zaraffasoft?

I found them on Clutch, and I selected them because they have good reviews.

We’ve spent around $15,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since January 2018.

They made sure our website was optimized. Page speeds were about 30 to 40 out of hundreds on Google Insights, and now they're at about 90. There was a list of tasks that they had to do and they did it; that’s the only metric really. They’ve helped a lot in everything from SEO to UX.

How did Zaraffasoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed well and did what they had to do, despite certain glitches along the way, which had more to do with the fact that they were working with a broken website. The deadline had to be moved because of those issues, but in the end, they fixed everything and the website is working well today.

The main thing I really enjoyed was the personal commitment from the CTO. It’s incredible how invested she was in the project. She would work overnight on numerous occasions just to get things done. She was constantly available, even late at night.

They seem very honest and you certainly feel that you can trust them because of their technical expertise, but also because of the fact that they don't overcharge. If there’s an issue they’ll fix it. The pricing is transparent but often they fix certain things without even including that in the bill.

As we were working on the project, they actually made changes in their organizational structure by eliminating the project managers. Before, I used to work through a project manager. But later, we moved onto me communicating directly with the CTO and the developers, which was much faster and much more agile. They implemented the change that was required already.

If you communicate the task very well, then it is very likely that they will deliver. If the task is somewhat vague, then they will take the initiative to see how it can be clarified. But it will certainly make the process much longer.

Overall Score It's an agency that I feel I can trust.

Magento Dev for E-Commerce Jewelry Store

“They deliver what they say they’ll deliver.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

ZaraffaSoft used Magento to optimize an e-commerce website by improving backend functionality. They enhanced site security and provide ongoing maintenance and development.

Texas
Owner, Diamond Retailer

Since the redesign, site load times are to down to 1-second per page. Images load clear and are aesthetically pleasing. ZaraffaSoft efficiently manages project goals and reliably produces quality work. Open to feedback, they quickly resolve client issues.

I’m the owner of an online jewelry store.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

We needed specialized Magento developers to revamp our existing e-commerce website.

They used management tools to create and implement a development plan that pushed the product forward. Using Magento, they added backend features to decrease load-times and improve site productivity. They increased site security and continue to maintain and support it. They’ll likely begin developing relevant API’s to increase functionality.

I initially interviewed one of their managing owners. He was our main point of contact for the first 2–3 weeks. After that, we were assigned the project manager who currently works with us. I’ve interacted with many of their developers, project managers, and graphic designers throughout our engagement.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

I found them by researching vendors on Clutch. I reached out and met with them. First, I asked them to review my site and communicate any feasible improvements they could make. Then, I gave them a small project to complete, and they did so to my satisfaction. As a result, we hired them for full-time support and development.

We’ve spent over $25,000.

The site redesign took place May 2017–June 2017 and our relationship is ongoing.

The optimized site has decreased our load times per page from 9 seconds to 1 second. It looks graphically superior and facilitates efficient customer engagement. Additionally, they recommend improvements and integrate new features quickly. The quality of their work is reliable.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is fabulous. We have hour-long meetings with them, twice a week, where we discuss tasks that have or haven’t been completed. We use Google Docs and a dashboard system to maintain task lists.

They deliver what they say they’ll deliver. Other companies make promises and don’t deliver.

At first, communication wasn’t happening as fast as necessary. However, that was rectified as soon as I approached them so I can’t recommend any improvements.

Understanding what your business needs is crucial. If you have a well-defined goal, ZaraffaSoft will help you accomplish it.

They show up to meetings on-time and ready to go.
    The value was good compared to the U.S. market.

Magento Dev for Festive Products Company

ZaraffaSoft isn’t just a passive bystander; they also made suggestions for improvements.”

Feb. 2017 - Oct. 2017

Working with the internal team, ZaraffaSoft transferred data from a WordPress site to Magento. After finishing development, maintenance and support are a top priority.

Denmark
COO, E-Commerce Company

ZaraffaSoft offers transparent and up-to-date reviews that keep track of project progress in real-time. Miscommunication due to cultural differences occurred, but they were always willing to remediate.

I’m the COO of an e-commerce site in Denmark. We sell to consumers, and we work as a marketplace like Amazon where we have various vendors that can edit their own products. We take payments and do the marketing, and they get their cuts for selling on our website.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

We were moving from a WordPress-based webpage and going from a content-focused website to an e-commerce site, and we needed to merge a lot of content from the WordPress site.

We did 2-week sprints where we set goals and they did the development. In the beginning, they converted the data we had on the current site from WordPress to Magento. Then they started doing a lot of custom modules and implementing design on our webpages. They work with our internal developers, who do the styling, and installed some continuous integration so we can release every day, if desired.

They helped convert Magento 2 into the marketplace. Vendors can upload products and do custom shipping based on zip codes, and each vendor can set up different prices and shipping types for each product type. We’ve now moved from developing mode to support mode.

We interacted with the project manager and the developer directly. I told the project manager all the tasks that needed to be done, and I had direct communication with the developer in charge of each ticket via Slack regarding the assignments.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

I worked with them before on different projects that were also Magento-based. For the first project, they were in competition with the other companies, and they did the best-performing job.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$199,000.

We started working together in February of this year, and the development ended in October. ZaraffaSoft still provides maintenance work.

Going from WordPress to Magento, our average page load went down 64%, which is important for our SEO. We also did an external code review, which validated that ZaraffaSoft did a good job.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They did well. There’s always a big challenge working with new products and projects that have a long time span. Compared to other providers I’ve tried, it went okay. The biggest issues are always clarifying the questions or the tasks. All of our miscommunication has been on task clarification.

We communicate daily via Slack and Redmine.

I like that we could see everything in real-time. We would follow the development on a day-to-day basis for any task and budget. ZaraffaSoft isn’t just a passive bystander; they also made suggestions for improvements.

They need to better communicate to Nordic clients. In Ukraine, they’re more direct and short in their communication, which works well with a U.S. company. In Denmark and Nordic countries, you need a lot more elaboration when you write to each other. It’s just understanding the cultures they’re communicating with.

They’re really good at onboarding and starting projects fast. Set aside time to do a call (not an email), and have your idea defined.

We do scrums. Each ticket is prioritized and we know not all tasks can be done.
    They were competitive. Companies in Denmark would cost between 5 and 10 times as much for the same service.
    They’re good at clarifying the problems and adjusting to the platform.
    I’ve recommended them before.

Outsourced Web Dev Support for Web Marketing Company

“We are very happy with [them]. They are efficient and give quick answers.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

ZaraffaSoft developed websites for a web marketing company focused on the travel sector. Working from existing graphic designs, they built sites in HTML using WordPress plug-ins and tools.

Italy
Elisabetta Furia
Founder, Athena Solutions

The completed websites are well-received and their clients are pleased with the results, as demonstrated by the ongoing partnership and development projects that are still underway. They are organized and responsive, answering all requests quickly and acting as part of the team.

I’m the founder a branch of Athena Solutions, a web marketing company. We take care of web marketing projects for our clients, mostly in the travel and hospitality industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

We needed help in the development of some websites. We needed an additional outsourcing resource as we were very busy with our in-house team.

We explained our challenge and what we were looking for. We shared information about their way of working in terms of technology and task process then came up with an agreement together. They provided website development in HTML based on our graphic designs. They developed the pages of our website and the tools that plug into the website through WordPress.

There’s a dynamic map with geolocalization of hotels and the highlights at a destination. There are also links to our booking engine. They are still working on some websites for us.

We made the agreement with Alex [CEO, ZaraffaSoft] and the project manager. They are our direct contacts and they have a tech team that we don’t manage directly.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

My business partner knew a company that had worked with them. When we were looking for a partner, they reviewed them as a professional company and we got in touch with them.

Less than $10,000.

We started working together in March 2016 and the work is ongoing.

We have no complaints, which is the reason we’re still working with them.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

We are very happy with it. They are efficient and give quick answers. Our contact is always very accommodating and well organized. We use Skype for quick communication and email or Google Drive to exchange documents.

Our goal was to have external support to help us when we have too many projects to manage in-house. It’s great that we can work with an outsourced team in a very similar way to how we do with our internal team.

Make sure to have the full picture of how they developed the backend of the website because after they delivered it, we have to take care of the maintenance. Sometimes they develop with different codes and our team requires their input when we need to do maintenance on the websites. This needs to be improved a little.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement in terms of general quality. I’m sure we can improve it; not just for their responsibility, but ours too.

Custom Software Dev for Property Management Platform

“They deliver quality work for a very decent price.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

ZaraffaSoft employed PHP on a Symfony framework for the backend, and HTML/CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js for the frontend development of a SaaS platform which utilizes Ansible for automation.

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Co-Owner & CTO, Property Management Software

The platform is now functional and garnering clients thanks to ZaraffaSoft’s quality code and organization. They assist the client in managing the project, and always remain responsive and open to feedback. They could only benefit further from enhancing their developers’ UX expertise.

We’re building software for managing real estate insurance. Our main objective is to make the process of users leasing their homes or other properties more organized. I’m one of the owners and CTO.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

We weren’t finding a highly valued developer in-house, and we didn’t want to invest in hiring people initially because we had no external funding. We needed to keep costs low, so we made an MVP [minimum viable product] here, and then outsourced a large part of the development.

They developed a SaaS [software-as-a-service] platform which focuses on automating processes concerning lease agreements, real estate reporting, costs, etc. Currently, they handle almost all development for both our frontend and backend. They used PHP to build the backend on a Symfony framework. Also, for quick installation and continuous iteration, they used Ansible, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, and Vue.js for the frontend.

At present, we have 1 project leader and 1 full-time developer. We had 2 developers at one point, but eventually scaled our resources down.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

We were searching for similar projects that had taken place in Ukraine. We did some test projects, and through those results, we eventually selected ZaraffaSoft as the best choice.

We've spent $30,000–$50,000 so far.

We've been working with them on a full-time basis since January 2017.

We’re starting to get some clients now, whereas before, the software wasn’t finished and fully functional in the way our client wanted. I’m happy with the code they provided, their feedback, and the way they organized the project. The system looks and works better than similar products, and we have specific functionalities that others don’t.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. Sometimes, they helped me manage the project since I have so many other responsibilities. We mostly communicate through Skype, and are able to hold video conferences if needed. They are responsive in communication.

They deliver quality work for a very decent price.

The developer we were working with was very good with backend development, but less so with the user experience. We may hire a user experience expert from them to cooperate in the project, but we haven’t discussed that yet due to cost. We’re also hired a graphic designer outside of ZaraffaSoft.

It’s important to have internal processes that coordinate with ZaraffaSoft’s and to communicate with them in order for everything to go smoothly.

Overall Score There's always room for improvement on both sides. They could be more proactive in learning about domain-specific aspects in real estate.
    There's always room for improvement.
    Sometimes, I feel there are some bugs that need to be fixed, but that's normal.

Web App Dev for Fintech Company

“I personally review every bit of code that they write; the quality is very high.”

June 2013 - Ongoing

Zaraffasoft provides web, mobile and UI/UX development and backend services and supports a complicated software with APIs and dependencies. They work with Ruby on Rails, Java, iOS, Android, and Play Framework.

Israel
CTO, Fintech Company

Over the course of this 5-year collaboration, the team allows the flexibility needed for fluctuating business needs. They write high-quality code and deliver their efficient services as though they were part of the in-house staff with excellent communication. The team is part of the family.

We are a fintech company. We develop technologies for facilitating payments online in a simple and efficient way. I’m the CTO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Zaraffasoft?

We were looking for high-quality, cost-efficient development. We wanted the agility to work with an agency so we could scale up or scale down our staff.

We’ve worked with them on 2 different verticals, the major one being web development, and they also help us with mobile development. Our product is an interactive web application. They help with the web apps, backend services, and end users. It’s a very complicated software with a lot of APIs and dependencies, and it requires very knowledgeable developers to be working on it. Our far backend systems include analytics and crunching of big numbers. Our software is responsible for managing large amounts of data and its full lifecycle from collection to transformations to decision making.

We work with them on Ruby on Rails, Java, iOS and Android development. We’ve been working with the Play Framework. For the client-side technology, there’s Angular and jQuery. We also use their services for UI/UX development.

We started with 1 person, and now we are employing approximately 7 people. Within the team, we have 1 full-time designer. Most of them are full-time, and on occasion, we also bring in some part-time employees.

How did you come to work with Zaraffasoft?

We found them through Upwork. When we first met them, they were a very small company with only 5 developers.

We have spent over $200,000.

We started working together in June 2013, and the work is ongoing.

The best way to emphasize the quality of work is the fact I’m still working with them after so many years. That demonstrates that we’re happy with the work and the quality of it.

I personally review every bit of code that they write; the quality is very high. We have hundreds of thousands of users in our company who report things that they like more and report things that they don’t like less.

How did Zaraffasoft perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s as if they’re sitting in my office. The communication is clear. The atmosphere is good. The relationships are good. It’s easy to work with them. We communicate through email and Skype.

It means a lot to me that every employee behaves and works as if he’s part of the family. We’ve been working together so long that they’re an integral part of our company and our product.

In this kind of relationship, sometimes you need a bit of luck to find the right people, and I’m glad we had it. We’re very happy to be working with them. They’ve been able to address all of our requirements and handle any unexpected issues at a quick and efficient rate.

My recommendation is that they would remember how they started, and when they become a 20,000-person company, they would still be as good as they were when they were a 50-person company.

Treat the developers as if they’re in-house developers. If you’re kind to them, they will be kind to you.

Overall Score I’m happy with them. It was worth it.
    They have met all our deadlines when they were reasonable.
    They’re priced in a way that makes a good value for the money.
    They’re good at delivering what’s needed.
    We’re happy with the result and willing to recommend them. We want to see them continue their success and grow as an organization.

Multiple Dev Projects for Housing Marketplace Platform

“[T]heir technical competency is much higher than other agencies I’ve worked with.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

ZaraffaSoft took on numerous projects, including both backend and frontend. They used tools/frameworks such as jQuery, Angular 4 and have helped improved the backend stack using PHP and Python.

CTO, Housing Platform

The technical rewrite is a massive project, and ZaraffaSoft has navigated it well. The team is highly adaptive and although all the team doesn’t speak English, project management has ensured there are no communication barriers.

I’m the CTO of a short-term letting company; we provide a platform for people to market their vacation rental properties by making their own websites, accepting guest payments and managing their finances, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with ZaraffaSoft?

Our industry changes year on year, so we have needed to provide more features like administration tools, payment automation, and so on. We had quite a few projects that needed technical direction, so we began looking for a company to provide the work.

We offer five different products, and ZaraffaSoft is currently working on four of them. Their level of involvement really depends on what we need done and the project size. They’ve done anything from a full-on project to just smaller aspects like wireframes, mockups, backend, or frontend.

The largest project they’ve worked on is our data connection platform. The data for our frontend can come from various different software providers, so we had to develop a way to make that all connect to one another. We needed to get access to all the different property management systems, connect to their APIs, and automate the bookings and notifications. This ensures that there aren’t double bookings at one property and that everything is managed together.

For the frontend, ZaraffaSoft uses Angular 4, Bootstrap, and jQuery, and the backend is PHP-based with a Symfony framework. They incorporated continuous integration into the build and started conducting tests, which the platforms didn’t have before. Everything is hosted on Amazon Web Services, so ZaraffaSoft is helping with automation there, as well.

On a daily basis, I interact with around eight people. Monthly, it’s probably a total of 12–14. I work with two different project managers, one who handles larger scale items.

How did you come to work with ZaraffaSoft?

We found them on a freelancing site. I saw they understood the technology we use for a backend administration platform we were developing for a customer (SonataAdmin), which from my previous hiring experience, not too many companies aren’t familiar with. I found out during the interview process they had several developers who have worked extensively with Sonata. It was immediately a good fit.

Our total monthly spend is generally between of £10,000-15,000 [about $13,113+] a month. This has increased as we’ve included ZaraffaSoft on more projects.

We partnered in March of this year, and the work is ongoing.

We’re doing a large scale technical rewrite, so there aren’t any outward facing numbers I can share. The quality of their work is great, and their technical competency is much higher than other agencies I’ve worked with. They build things correctly, and the code quality is extremely good.

How did ZaraffaSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I have a good relationship with the project manager, and she updates me every morning on our progress. She isn’t technical, so we go through code reviews and then I talk to individual team members about any questions they may have. Our project manager orchestrates everything, though, and she’s fantastic at picking up on industry terminology and keeping things running smoothly.

We initially used Skype to communicate, but now we’ve moved to Slack, appear.in for screen sharing, GitHub for version control, and Redmine for tracking and project management.

Alex [CEO, ZaraffaSoft] is great at adapting and learning new things. Our industry has many specific and niche issues, and he’s great at understanding them.

Some of the developers don't speak English fluently, but it doesn’t detract from their work.

Overall Score Working with the is always enjoyable.
    They're ahead of schedule for many projects, with only a few delays.
    They offer a competitive price.
    I'm happy with their work.