Custom Web & Mobile Application Development

Leading the way in bespoke software development since 1998

Xibis is an innovative web and mobile application development company operating in a wide variety of industry sectors, which include retail, healthcare and transport.

We have a reputation for delivering secure, high-quality web and mobile applications to a number of household names, including Halfords, Dunelm Mill and Interflora.

From concept to delivery, we're with you every step of the way

Xibis delivers your project on time and to budget, working with the latest technologies. All the systems we develop are scalable, dependable, robust and secure.

From conceptualising and planning, through project management, meticulous code development and testing, we deliver a system that performs exactly as intended and achieves the results you asked for.

1998
Leicester, United Kingdom

We have a reputation for delivering secure, high-quality web and mobile applications to a number of household names, including Halfords, Dunelm Mills and Interflora. Xibis has developed long-term relationships with its customers.

Recent clients include:

• IOSH

View our extensive portfolio

Halfords Mobile Apps Image

Halfords Mobile Apps

The UK's leading retailer of car parts, bikes and camping accessories have gone mobile with Xibis.

Halfords came to Xibis with a project to redesign their existing mobile apps and add additional features for their growing number of native app users, as well as optimising the Halfords app for new devices and operating systems.

Xibis redesigned and built the apps from the ground up, with the

intention to deliver easier navigation, introduce new native features and create an all-round better user experience.
Interflora Mobile Commerce & Native App Image

Interflora Mobile Commerce & Native App

Order flowers to be delivered worldwide with Interflora's mobile website and native app, developed by Xibis

Consumers can view gift packages and order flowers directly from their mobiles – with the option of same day delivery. The site is designed to make it quick and easy for consumers to view and buy when they have minimal time to spare.

The existing

Interflora order processing system is also integrated with the site, so sales administrators at Interflora do not need to alter their working methods.

Engine Treatment Mobile Development

"What I like about them is that they're presenting us with [ideas for] moving the business forward."

n/a

Xibis built an iPhone and Android app and a corresponding mobile website, completing all visual design and backend development. They are in the process of developing a second website.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Marketing Manager, Automotive Supplier

The app was voted one of the top 500 apps within the first year of launch, and remained on the list for two years. Xibis developed the website with a robust CMS that allows for more flexibility with changes and updates. The team has been responsive, accessible, and efficient in their communication.

Can you give a brief description of what your company does?

Forte Lubricants is a company that sells engine treatments directly to the trade. Forte set up the Good Garage Scheme, which is an online network of independent garages where consumers can find a local trustworthy garage to service their car or repair their car or maintain their car here in the U.K.

We came into contact with Xibis first when a couple of the people in my company went to a course on website security, which Xibis had gone to. From there, we asked them to do the first project, which was the Good Garage Scheme app for us that went really well. From there in the past year, we asked them to design a new website for us, which they have done. So, they’ve done our Good Garage Scheme website, and they’ve also created a Forte website for us, which is still in the phase of development.

What platforms have they developed the app for?

For iPhone originally, and then an Android phone as well.

Did they handle the visual design and the backend development and everything?

They did the whole project.

How satisfied are you with the app, and the website they made?

We’re really satisfied with the app. Within the first year of its launch, we were voted one of the top 500 apps by the Sunday Times. We were in the list for 2011 and 2012. So, we were really happy with it. We were happy with it anyway. But, that was just an added bonus that it was voted for, too.

How about the website?

The website’s been really good. We were with one Web developer for a number of years, but he wasn’t moving things on. I approached Xibis to create a mobile website for the Good Garage Scheme, and then it turned out that they were able to offer us a content management system website where we’d have more control on what we added and changed on the website. So, we’re really happy with that as well.

When working with Xibis, is there anything that you find to be unique or special compared to other developers that you’ve worked with?

I think they’ve been really helpful. They’re always on hand if I need any advice, which is really important, because our website is really important for our company. With regard to the changes that we’ve asked them to do, they’ve done them quickly and efficiently. They’ve given us advice. What I also like about them is that they’re presenting us with moving the business forward as well. So, they’ll come to us with different ideas.

On the other side of that question, looking back on the projects they’ve done, is there anything you’d do differently a second time around or think they could improve on?

The one thing that happened that I wasn’t happy with was when they presented the website to us, I didn’t realize that, and this is not a criticism against them, it’s probably a misunderstanding on my part. Anyway, I didn’t realize that we would have to populate the pages of the website ourselves. I know that we had to do editing, but I thought that they were going to do most of the layout and everything for us. We had to do them ourselves. That was probably clear, but not understood to me, so it was a little bit of misunderstanding on my part, I think. So no, nothing.

• N/A NPS