To make our clients rich and mothers proud

Founded in 2003 by Rich Kagan and Steve Dubane, Wingman Advertising is a Los Angeles-based agency that focuses on marketing big-ticket items for the home. Our clients have earned over $2.5 billion in sales with considered purchases, including: solar panels, windows, furniture, mortgages, mattresses, and flooring.

We work with the majority of our clients on a unique pay-for-performance compensation model where we accomplish their goals or they don't pay.

2003

Intelliloan

Cort Furniture

Realty Mogul

Marketing Campaign for California Deluxe Windows

"They've created a unique campaign for us that does a good job setting us apart from our competitors. Overall, Wingman Advertising was able to decrease our lead cost by 52 percent and increase conversion from a call to an appointment by 24 percent."

1,000,000 - 9,999,999

The client is a manufacturer of premium custom windows and doors in California. The client had previously managed their own marketing and advertising activities. One of the primary factors that went into this decision was Wingman Advertising's experience with radio and TV advertising, two important mediums for the client.

Chatsworth, CA
Aaron Adirim
CEO, California Deluxe Windows

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by Wingman Advertising. The client has been working with Wingman for over a year, and recently agreed to a second. The client had no complaints to report, and highly recommends Wingman Advertising to others.

California Deluxe Windows manufactures, markets, and sells high-end custom windows and doors and a variety of related products. We started in 1999 and are based in Southern California.

I am the founder and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wingman Advertising?

I have some experience in the marketing industry, so before we began working with Wingman, I handled all the advertising personally, meaning I had to write and edit the copy and negotiate all our media buys. As we grew larger, it obviously was difficult to pursue all the necessary tasks I felt like we needed to be doing to build our brand while still managing the day-to-day operations of the company. I finally decided to turn the work to an outside agency.

They came in and, during the course of several meetings, analyzed our past campaigns and our future goals to get a better sense of where we were. After that initial planning phase, they began implementing the work, which includes everything from radio to print to digital advertising.

How did you come to work with Wingman Advertising?

They were referred to me youngest son, who is the president of the company. He had a preliminary discussion over the phone with them; then they came in, and I met all the principals of the agency. I had encouraged him to search for an agency based on the needs that I mentioned earlier. He did the search, and he brought Wingman to my attention, and then we took it from there. I especially liked that they had a lot of experience in radio, which is an important medium for us.

Our entire marketing budget is a little bit under a million dollars per year. Wingman is essentially in charge of that budget.

The project began about a year and a half ago. After the first year expired, we went ahead and re-signed with Wingman for the next year.

What have been the results of their work? Are there any stats or metrics you could share?

The results have been positive or else we wouldn't continue to work with them. They've created a unique campaign for us that does a good job setting us apart from our competitors. Overall, Wingman Advertising was able to decrease our lead cost by 52 percent and increase conversion from a call to an appointment by 24 percent.

What distinguishes Wingman Advertising from other providers?

I liked that they have a team of people involved. Most other agencies have just a couple people working on your account, and it seems like Wingman has much more than that. I always feel like I'm getting new and creative work from them.

In hindsight, are there areas in which they could improve, or things you might do differently?

No. I cannot say that I need more attention from them. I always feel that they're delivering when they promise, and they are staying in touch enough not to let us fall off the page. My experience has been very positive.

Marketing Services for National Mattress Retailer

"In my mind, the biggest benefits have been from the deep-dive analytics that they've created. These programs are helping us marshal our dollars to maximize good results and increase the effectiveness of our budget."

The client is Sit'n Sleep, a mattress retailer with more than 30 locations in the western United States. Wingman Advertising has been the client's agency of record for more than 12 years. The work has centered on media planning and buying as well as digital advertising.

Los Angeles, CA
CEO, Sit'nSleep

The client is extremely satisfied with the work delivered by Wingman Advertising. Since first contracting with Wingman Advertising, the client's business has grown from less than $10 million to more than $100 million in sales. The client is particularly satisfied with Wingman Advertising's expertise with analytics and metrics, which has greatly increased the effectiveness of the client's media campaigns in recent years. Wingman Advertising is highly recommended to others.

Sit'n Sleep has been around for more than 36 years. We have 33 stores, and we're the sixth largest mattress retailer in the country.

I am the CEO and co-founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Wingman Advertising?

We've had a relationship with Wingman for more than 12 years. Throughout that time, they've had great, fresh ideas at first primarily around TV and radio, but now they're also on the cutting edge of search and Internet-related marketing, which is crucial for us.

They're responsible for the strategy and implementation of our marketing plan, along with me and a creative partner. Two areas of particular importance for us are our media buys and analytics reports. They stand out in both of these areas. They track metrics in everything we do, so we know our money is spent properly, and what the most efficient parts of our buys are.

How did you come to work with Wingman Advertising?

I knew both founders of the company because they worked at KLSX, a radio station that we advertised on a lot. I had been with another agency for a number of years, but felt that I wasn't getting great value for my money. When Steve Dubane and Rich Kagan left the radio business to start this agency, I decided to go with them.

Our total budget is around $16 million. That's radio, TV, Internet, print, everything that we do, creative consultation, production – everything.

We've been working with them since they opened up shop. We were their first major client. I see no end in sight.

What have been the results of the engagement, are there any metrics you can share?

When we started with Wingman, we were a small mattress store with just a handful of stores. During the course of our engagement we've grown to 33 stores doing $122 million in revenue.

What distinguishes Wingman Advertising from other providers?

In my mind, the biggest benefits have been from the deep-dive analytics that they've created. These programs are helping us marshal our dollars to maximize good results and increase the effectiveness of our budget. I really haven't seen that from anybody else. I've been with them for a long time, and they keep on pushing the peg, to bring us more and more efficiency, and that's so valuable.

I can't see too much. They're highly responsive. If there's a problem, I don't believe in letting problems fester. If there's ever been an issue with something, maybe billing delays or something like that, that's so minor in the scope. As far as the creative process, there's been no deficiency. I couldn't afford to stay with them if there had been. Our business is highly promotional, highly results driven, and I can't afford downtime.

Overall Score Four and three quarters. I can't see it being much better.
    They're always on time.
    They've always honored their budgets. They've never gone a penny over budget. They just don't do it, so I'm never surprised.
    It's hard for me to give a five because five is perfect, and I don't know that anybody is perfect.
    A hundred percent.