at quality. ahead of time. under budget.

Whalesoft is an ambitious and coherent team of professional programmers which specializing in web development, mobile integration, web UI/UX, application development and email marketing. Among our partners are individual customers, companies and large international corporations from the USA, Europe, the Middle East and other regions.

Our technology stack includes:

Bulgaria
    +37257776552

SHOES ONLINE STORE

Overview

_UNDER NDA_ is the famous company producing women's shoes. They sell their goods both offline and online using the website, which we have made.

Process

In addition to the creation of a website, we have been providing _UNDER NDA_ with technical support for two years. We have taken a number of steps to ensure the high position of the website in search results, which has contributed to its traffic and has resulted in the significant increase in income.

To sum up, we have been providing _UNDER NDA_ with quality and comprehensive services and have made every effort to ensure that both the employees and the customers of this company are pleased with the operation of the website. No doubt, it has contributed to the successful development of this business.

Beauty Decay

About

Beauty Decay brings together works of more than 70 individual designers and brands — from Sherry Bobbins to Incognito to Handwers and Osmico — thus giving prominent and budding handmaders and artists a wonderful opportunity for presentation, promotion and sale of their products all over Russia and abroad.

Our approach to the project

When we received an order for development of the online marketplace for this company, we had initially been aware of that the task, on the one hand, was to provide complicated functionality specific for all the e-marketing resources and, on the other hand, to accept a serious challenge in graphic design, since the site of the art store must be at least as nice-looking as the accessories it carries.

Car2Go (Car-Sharing service)

Overview

The Car2Go company is the popular firm, that specializes in providing the traveling car service with the vehicles, reserved for their customers, placed in the different parking lots in the area of Gush Dan. The provided cars are available 24/7 hours for the office and home users.

The site represents the rich possibilities for its customers in the car lending, user registration, service payments, and other supporting options. It fulfills the organizational requirements, being very adaptive to different platforms, combining the full information integrated into one website and the interesting layout customization for the best designing requirements.

401kcalcualtor

Overview

401kcalcualtor.org is a free web resource destined to help people plan for retirement under the 401(k) plan by providing them with tools and articles needed to do this quickly and without complicated mathematical calculations..

Process

Our team, guided by the goal of creating an attractive and easy-to-use interface, has used the most relevant jQuery tools, such as Knob — for drawing interactive circle indicators available for editing by the mouse wheel, Flot — for drawing charts clearly demonstrating relations between the annual contributions and accumulated value, and Cufon — for picking up the most readable and solid-looking fonts. We have developed the site on the WordPress platform, while ensuring full layout integration and customization.

Web Dev for Independent Digital Producer

“They habitually overdeliver, and they do a really good job of thinking outside the box.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

WhaleSoft redeveloped a website using Ruby on Rails, and also augmented development for WordPress.

New York Metro Area
CEO, Independent Digital Production Firm

Despite being in opposite time zones, this relationship flourishes due to WhaleSoft’s excellent communication and ability to deliver high quality software. They are proactive in finding solutions, and their intuitiveness allows them to fearlessly make implementations with success.

I’m an independent digital producer, and my business model is unique. I model myself on Hollywood rather than my own industry, and my clients range from startups, to local businesses, to Fortune 500 companies. When I get a client to work with me, I study their business expectations and assemble a team of people best suited for the long or short-term project. The team member’s commitment to the project varies depending on the length of the project and my need for them.

What challenge were you trying to address with WhaleSoft?

I needed somebody quite affordable who could update a website quickly, and I’d been searching for quite some time.

WordPress is the most regular platform I deal with. I gave WhaleSoft a test involving the platform, and they were also working on a project based on Ruby on Rails, which has a lot of flexibility to work with Shopify. Even though they didn’t claim to be Ruby on Rails experts, they’ve actually been successful in taking over the project. They spent a few days learning the platform, and then did so well that they ended up delivering better work than my previous resource.

They have about 6-10 team members working with me. My usual POC was George [Chief Technology Officer, WhaleSoft]. They’ve been training the team over the course of a few months to communicate with me more effectively, and now I’m working with a couple of the developers directly. I also work with the new project manager, Margarita [WhaleSoft], who is pretty awesome as well.

How did you come to work with WhaleSoft?

I work with a number of freelancers and companies in my line of work and building websites, but I’d searched for a long time for a company to do this project affordably. WhaleSoft reached out to me initially, which usually makes me question the company, but their salesperson put my fears to rest. I decided to try them out and gave them a small project, and to my huge surprise, they were extremely fast, as well as affordable, and also had an outstanding work ethic.

From that point on, they became my main provider for website development. They’ve thoroughly impressed me by being on point and by being communicative. They’ve thought of things I never have, and George [Chief Technology Officer, WhaleSoft] talks me through things and makes suggestions. All of their suggestions are spot on, and we actually had a client ask us to scale it back a bit because the software was too advanced for the kind of work they already had. We were able to integrate a couple features, and it was all under budget, which saved me a little money as well.

WhaleSoft actually saved me a very important client account. One of my previous resources was unreliable, and he delayed a very urgent project by about 3 weeks. WhaleSoft brought a different attitude to this relationship, and they immediately understood the user end as well as the expectations for functionality. Even though another developer had created the website, they completely took it over and examined it. They realized there were too many issues with the website, so they took it upon themselves to redevelop it from scratch, and ended up doing a much better job.

The project was a couple weeks behind, and ultimately was not a success with my client, but it helped me rehabilitate myself in their eyes. I’ve received a couple dozen web projects from them so far as a result of that interaction.

By remaining affordable and delivering high quality work, we’ve built a good relationship. They still keep me at a relatively low cost, and they’ve doubled my bottom line revenue over the course of the last year, which is great.

How did WhaleSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

WhaleSoft is always available to communicate. I was able to reach out to the person in charge of a specific project and receive a response in under 30 minutes. There was practically no delay in communicating with their chief personnel or project managers. This makes my job much easier, because if I have an important question that needs answered quickly, I don’t have to wait around for them to get back to me even though we are in opposite time zones. Their team members would even wake up to respond to me.

We mainly communicate through Skype. We also use JIRA for project management and time tracking, which I like because it allows me to absorb the communication between developers, project managers, and the CTO in real time.

They habitually overdeliver, and they do a really good job thinking outside the box. They make suggestions, and they’re proactive with making implementations if they’re confident it doesn’t violate the overall approach. When we have problems, they don’t hesitate to explain why they’ve made certain choices. Rather than having to explain new details and expectations to the developers, they think intuitively regarding the client and will pose solutions where they see fit.

They’re currently looking to build a design department, and I plan on utilizing those resources as well. They have a few skilled designers, and bringing them on board would lower my cost here, which is a welcome improvement.

WhaleSoft can definitely be trusted by potential customers.  Their initial impression was modest, but they ended up delivering high quality, professional work. They’re much better than how they present themselves.

Overall Score For sure. It’s over 5, because they deliver more than asked for. They’re consistent, and they aren’t full of themselves.
    Instant turnaround, instant availability. They manage their time very well. And if for some reason they’re not available, they explain why politely.
    They are the most affordable people I’ve worked with over the past 5 years, and they came at the right time. Their pricing was suspiciously low, but their work was top-notch. Their value is great for their price.
    Their work is high quality and they’re very professional. They’re detailed, and they find appropriate solutions for technical problems.
    Absolutely. I’ve recommended them to two companies, and I always insist other people pay them more than I am, because their work is definitely worth it.